The Spore Game -- Species B

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

Re: The Spore Game -- Species B

Post by flabort »

You search around the cavern, looking for any way out... other than that bitter cold, nastily strong current that got you here. You could ride it out... if you could handle the cold and the almost blade-like variances in the current itself.
There is also a hole in one wall. Small, hidden, and dark, but it's there. It could possibly be a way out.
The Banker (+1 bonus DNA) doesn't even seem to care about you any more. He just sends a jet of flame to keep the ice from overtaking the patch of vines the smaller cells rely on, tosses you a sideways glance that says 'you could help, too', and ignores you entirely.
So, you swim down the cave, looking for some actually nutritious food, and eventually find yourself in an even larger cavern. It's full of the same vines in the other cavern, and is obviously connected to the flowing tunnels, as there's a fairly large opening through which you can see shards of ice flowing, but there's no current in the cavern itself. Some lazy looking cells, with a multitude of flagella, float between the vines. There are several more exploding cells, and it's obvious that they are extremely common throughout this tunnel system, and that these vines would over take the entire tunnel system without them.
Speaking of the vines, there are other plants here. And no ice visible on the walls. Some short plants, resembling massive bulbs, are dispersed around the cavern, and some of them are even blooming. Hundreds of silvery pink petals, exquisitely thin and extremely long, adorned with air bubbles and gem like crystallized nectar, arrayed in massive starbursts of beauty. There are also some plants of a leafed variety. Squat, twisting things, covered in four-petal blooms, clinging to and wrapping around anything that doesn't move in an effort to get to... Well, that's interesting. Right in the middle of the cavern is a VERY bright globe of light. A massive jaw hangs down from the orb, with some very... interesting teeth. They more resemble leaves than teeth. As it turns, you see it's back is covered with some sort of fur, that blocks out the light on one side. And the strange cell just sits there, constantly turning, slowly, leaving half the cavern bathed in artificial day, and the other in what appears like dead night.

You have 4 hp

you have 3 stomach

you have 7 DNA, and can reproduce/evolve at any time you want.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i say increase mass and grow a shell. then we sample all of the plants to see wht's most nutricious. also, check out the cells with flagella to see if they're dangerous or good to eat
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Don't evolve yet, we need to save up Dna for a flippin' huge evoloution, do not go near the spinny thing, I have just played a game with a light that leads into the jaws of a huge beastie. Still lets get going and taste all the plants :D.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

Swim away from the light, but sample the vines in the darkness if you must do something in the room.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

maybe we should dave up dna, but i'd like to increase mass to let us grow faster. also, does photosynthesising provide us with dna?
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You decide to taste each of the plants in turn. The short squat one with the massive pink flowers is pretty much mostly fluids, and salt (+4 DNA, -2 hp, -2 stomach). The twisty, clingy ones with the blue flowers are much better, being rich in nutrients, not too filling, and not too salty (+7 DNA). You already know about the rapidly growing vines, and pass on them.
Then there's the flowers on the plants themselves. You are extra cautious tasting the pink ones, but find it OK. Not too salty, but really not filling (+1 DNA). And the blue flowers... WHOAH. :shock:

*twitch*

*twitch*

There are obviously some very... powerful nutrients or chemicals or whatever in the soil around here. Or, wherever those roots lead. After a short period of immobility, you feel POWER from those nutrients (+5 DNA, +1 GDNA).

You have 2 hp

you have 4 stomach (full, for now)

you have 24 DNA, 1 GDNA, and can evolve at any moment.
Last edited by flabort on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

...nice :D eat more of the twisty clingy things and the blue flowers, they're good for us.

also, evolutions:

improve enzymes and increase mass to allow us to grow and evolve quicker and better which is always the best course of action.

then either one of three with the remaining 12 dna:

-go for increased consumption with increased mouth size, a tongue and depth perception.
-go for better defence, shell, membrane and nemtoacysts
or
-go for better attack with teeth, spines and membrane

i go for the first first :3
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You split. To say your DNA is almost completely shaken and stirred around would be an understatement.
Once you regain awareness, you find you've got several improvements. You notice you've increased in size, and feel you can digest stuff faster. Your larger mouth now houses a tongue, which means you can taste stuff and swallow it faster. And you've grown another eye, all the better to see further with.

Hungrier now, you go and eat some more blue flowers (+6 DNA). Being able to taste, now, you find that they are REALLY bitter. Like, yahg. Whoah. Wouldn't make the top ten of your favorite tasting foods, if only it wasn't the only food you'd tasted before.

you have 2 hp

you have 5 stomach (full, for now)

You have 6 DNA, and 1 GDNA
Last edited by flabort on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

now we've got better senses, check out the rest of the cavern. and eat some more good stuff. also, what happened to our GDNA?
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Get the teeth ASAP. also lets do some sport with the lazy wiggling guys. Try to avoid the tentacles, remember squidy. In fact, I name these guys squidy alpha.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Whoah. Whoops. Thank you, vidboi. I forgot to put that there...
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i'd say don't attack the squidies just yet, but do a thourough recconaisance of them and the entire cavern including the thing at the centre, just don't go too close to it
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Using your new-found depth-perception, you thoroughly examine your surroundings.
As previously stated, there is a lot of plant life, in a large cavern. Not having any units of measurement, you can't say how large, but large enough. The abundance of plant life supports all the species already living here. The glowing cell with the.... photosynthetic teeth :| ... appears to be the reason so many plant species are able to live here. The squid like cells, bearing a strong resemblance to the Squidies, seem to be lazy, but actually are pretty active. They actually just seem lazy because they stop moving when the light shines on them. The ones in the light dart about, gathering plant materials and bringing them to the glowing cell. Almost as if the glowing cell were a corporate boss.
Bearing the resemblance to the Squidies that they do, you name them "squidy Alpha", and rename the existing squidies "Squidy Beta".
The Alphas seem to lack the shell and stingers of the Betas, but instead have some sort of gland. All over. And a larger one in the midst of all their flagella. you wonder what they are for?

you have 2 hp
you have 4 stomach
you have 6 DNA +1 GDNA
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

ok, i say we regain health and eat some more plants. then when we have full health and can evolve go for brawny mass and check out what those glands are on the squidies the more intrusive way...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Only eat the clingy plants, there the best, then evolve teeth and saber teeth, we will pwn those squidy alphas.:)