The Spore Game -- Species B

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Re: The Spore Game -- Species B

Post by vidboi »

alright, is it evolution time? if so, here's the plan:

grow teeth - 4 dna
thicken membrane - 2 dna
grow spines - 6 dna
feathered feelers - 3 dna
grow nematocyst - 6 dna
grow chitinous shell - 3 dna
jaw - 6 dna
brawny mass - 9 dna, 1 gdna

for a total of 39 dna and 1 gdna and an increase of 4 attack, 3 defence, 2 health, 1 perception and 1 consumption

then i say go back to the previous chamber we were in and ruin the bankers day. we need to get an explosive containment evolution, just make sure we don't go any where near his fluid sack.

also, sustainability? what sustainability? our mission is to completely destroy this entire experiment =D

ed: if we can't evolve just keep expending mass and eating the blue flowers and vines

ed2: if we split and produce another cell as well as ourselves, can we control, or just communicate and cooperate with that cell?

ed3: i think we shoudl eat a bit more before we evolve actually, and then evolve some flangellae to increase our deadliness
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You take a few more bites out of the vines (+4 DNA). you decide you've eaten your fill, and split. The jumbling of your DNA really puts your cognitive processes through a loop, although you can't really say you have cognitive processes. Once you regain control, you realize that you have grown... substantially. You have a sort of tail, or you guess at this scale the proper term is flagellum, and you have muscles running up and down your length. Some of them are attached to a sort of jaw, and judging by the multitude of variously shaped teeth, you could eat almost anything more efficiently with it. You have developed some feathery feelers positioned right above your eyes, looking like antenna to all the world. They let you feel movement easier, though, and taste around you, instead of just what's in your mouth. It could help you avoid gross stuff... speaking of which, why do you keep eating those bitter plants?
You have also grown a sort of shell, with several pointed protrusions, which coupled with your thicker skin, or membrane as it should be called at your scale, and with your feelers, gives you a sort of insect like appearance. Not to mention the hair-like protrusions scattered on your underside, that you feel could give any attackers a nasty shock.

you have 7 hp
you have 4 stomach
you have 1 DNA
Last edited by flabort on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

We are a mini catapillar, also known as the kittenpillar :D. But let's go and ruin the bankers day then see if we can make a nest here. Or a cocoon.

EDIT: I can't seem to see our new evoloutions on page one
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

ok, lets go get the banker. attack him fast from behind and above, avoiding the fluid sack and his flamethrower. if we can't fiinish him off with our horn straight away try to get him with our nematocysts and then use our spikes and muscles to hit him hard and our jaw and teeth to chomp down and stay put until he bursts. stay away from his front at all times, our increased speed should allow us to outmanouever him

if, unluckily, he sees us before we attack and fires on us, try to avoid the flames, then charge in and gouge his eye out with our horn. then we should be free to commence the above battle plan.

after we kill it, eat as much as we can then return back to this cavern to rest and recuperate

also, what happened to our grow spines evolution? and shouldn't our defence be 3? (thicken membrane, shell, nematocysts)

ed: also, after we get the banker, we need to work on getting produce explosives and explosive containment (possibly along the flamethrower evolution, although i reckon we'll have to wait for more gdna for that), expansive muscles (so we can fire spines) and regeneration (so we can grow the spines back again)
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

(Thank you vidiboi. I misread/counted, you now have spikes)

You swim towards the tunnel that brought you into this cavern. To your surprise, it seems smaller! Or, you guess, you're bigger. Actually, that makes a lot of sense. You still squeeze through, finally coming out into the larger cavern, ready to destroy the banker. Horrifyingly, though, it's not there. Or, rather, there is something else feeding on it's corpse.
This cell looks so much larger than you that if you could brown your pants, you would. As it is, you still end up ejecting mass reflexively. The cell has a cluster of eyes surrounding a massive set of mandibles. And the mouth attached is large enough to swallow the explosive cells whole. In fact, you can't even see any explosive cells left in this cave, except swimming frantically around inside one of this large cell's organs. The cell itself is covered with a hard, crystalline structure, or even metallic. Shifting plates overlapping to provide almost perfect cover.
Fur peeks out where the plates don't cover, and where they overlap, too, which seems to be giving off electric sparks. Maybe you should move, too, because he's spotted you.

you have 7 hp
you have 2 stomach
you have 1 DNA
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

D: It's the only thing worse than a banker, a POLOTITIAN NOOOOOO. the kittenpillar will wriggle bravely away from the marauding courtrooms of explosives and the electifiying lies of the polititan. Basically run.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

holy shit.

ok, smash some windows, throw a fire entinguisher off of the roof and get the fuck out of there asap

also, quick questions before we take the final actions:

is this guy faster/ more manoueverable than us?
how quickly can we get back through the tunnel, aka, can he get to us before we get out?
and thirdly, can he get expenses claims on any damage we do?
Having time to examine the walls, you see that not all of them are just ice coated. one of them is actually made of the rapidly growing vines, encased in more ice than are anywhere else in the room.
just remembered this. if we can't escape back where we came from, is it possible that we could ram through this wall?
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

It strikes me that as a smaller cell, we can probably out-maneuver him. So I think we should try and dodge around him, grab onto his side and stay there, chewing away into his guts, then eat him from the inside out.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

possibly, but i think i have a more explosive plan (if you'll excuse the pun) if there are any gaps in its armour near the organ containing the exploders, couldn't we charge that as hard as possible and try to penetrate the organ and hit one of the exploders. it'll hurt us a bit, but the other cells armour should protect us from most of it, and a large explosion inside it is going to screw it up good and proper

if that mananges to not kill the thing, do what thirdemporer said and parasite it. just keep chewing away at it from behind, somewhere where it can't get at us, and wait until we do enough damae to kill it

thirdy, if it manages to turn around a charge us, dodge its bite and try to gauge some eyes
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

The massive cell narrows his eyes at you. before you can start moving, he opens up an orifice just below his mouth. One of the exploding cells gets sucked up from his containment organ, and is then launched out of this orifice, at a very high speed. You manage to actually bounce the exploding cell off of you without blowing it up, and start moving.
You swim as fast as you can behind the huge cell. His large size, not to mention his extremely slow movement, make it so that, even as slow as you are, you still manage to maneuver behind him. Targeting a small gap between his iron plates, you charge. Your horn gets tangled in his fur, and you don't even get close to striking him with the full of your mass, but you do manage to get in close enough to take a bite. And take a nice sized chunk out. It hardly hurts him, but it's still nice sized, and you swallow it (3 DNA).
In your haste to attack, though, you ran right into a trap. You feel electric currents arcing over yourself when you hit him, and barely manage to keep your jaws clamped on without being hurt. Now the huge nasty is unable to reach you, but every moment you hold on is a moment you could be shocked.

you have 7 hp
You have 3 stomach
You have 4 DNA
Last edited by flabort on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

we should really release and see if that photosynthesis dude is ready to scrap the beastie.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

did we get shocked then? we lost 3 hp, which isn't good. i say, seeing as we're much more manoueverable than him, go for his eyes with horns, teeth and spikes and try and make a big mess of them. try and avoid getting hurt though, if we start getting shocked, retreat as far back as possible, get behind it and stay covered
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Oops! I forgot which thread had improved their health stat!
Thanks vidboi
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

several things first of all.

a. electric currents flowing over your body in water? that sounds like a good idea ¬.¬
b. technically if we're touching that one cell and nothing else, surely we won't get shocked, as firstly the current won't propagate through us, and secondly the water is a much less resistive medium than our skin, and therefore it'll more easily propagate through the water rather than us, and keep us safe (the reason electric eels don't shock themselves =P)

also, what's the chemical make up of the water. as we can taste, is it salty at all?

ed: just a bit of research/thinking. seeing as actual electric fish in nature are basically large batteries, anything producing electricity has to touch you in two places to create a short circuit through your body that hurts you with a large current. As it's pretty big and slow i guess we can avoid this. the other option is to ground the charge, however, seeing as we have now created a wound in the creature, if we now move away, if it tries to ground itself the path of least resistance is through that wound (it'll ignore the skin's resistance) and therefore not through us. simples =D
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

As to what we taste, can you taste the air you breath? :lol: Let's just say your more saline then the water you swim in.
Also, when you bite something, in how many places do you touch it? With your top teeth, and your bottom teeth.