The Spore Game -- Species B

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: The Spore Game -- Species B

Post by Bad Boy »

Hmm, I suppose that's one way to look at it, I was rather thinking that we're the type who like big explosions and barbecued meat (not to say that's a bad thing, I am personally very much a fan of both of those things).

Still, if we're sleek and graceful then I'm not sure arkica really works either though that may also be because I hear it as arse kicker. How about something with far too many apostrophes like u'aneth'el (I realize that there are only two apostrophes, it's just an example, a better one would have fewer consonants, twice as many syllables and 2.5 times as many apostrophes).
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

nak'rak'tu'zycandri'c
and no I wasn't typing randomly
This is the best
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

apostrophes are silly, becaue if we have to remember exactly where to put the apostrophes erevy time we say our name it's going to get really annoying. i think shortening phrases is a good way to go, how about "firzema" (fire-ze-missiles)?
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

How about Dave? cause he likes to party
naysayers will be shot
xXAesirXx
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by xXAesirXx »

Doogie12 wrote:How about Dave? cause he likes to party

I like Dave, but we have to spell it like this DA\/E
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

anything with punctuation in is just going to annoy us eventually =/
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Steve is a good name!
or Ste\/e
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You mull over several names for yourself in your head.
What's odd is how you mull over so many during a heavy combat situation, and still can't agree with yourselves. Arg! You come pretty close to a decision, though. You want to keep trying.
You try aiming directly at that large Gork! sized cell in the swarm, but... Again, inaccuracy turns out to work against you. You do manage for your razor sharp spines to pierce through some midgets, but you just can't hit the central cell.
The Gork! suddenly widen out their beams in response to what sounds like a command of sorts. You can see with your Infrared vision that it's pushing the midgets around now, without actually hurting them.
Some of the midgets get pushed right out of the swarm. And hard enough that whatever those tiny cells attached to them are actually knocked off of some of them! These midgets swim away as fast as possible, released from the mental grip of... whatever that is.

you have 9 hp
you have 20 stomach
you have 15 DNA, 1 GDNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

I have found the perfect name! we are the Kamira
keep firing at the swarm until they are destroyed.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i like the sound of Kamira, so i'm seconding that name

also, rather than targetting individual midgets which seems to be ineffective, go and tackle the bigger "controlling" cell and take that out
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Thirded :P

If accuracy isn't working, I say we ram the big cell. Assuming we hit it, detach the spines embedded in it and swim away. If that will work...not sure how much muscle control we have. Cuz actually another attack would be to swim into the swarm, release all our spikes without firing them, and swim away leaving a minefield. Maybe too complex.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Do what jwa said. And sure, Kamira works.
xXAesirXx
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by xXAesirXx »

I third what jwa said LETS RAM HIMMMMMMMMMM
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Spoiler!
Did I miss yesterday's update :shock: ? Sorry, yesterday was a "busy" day, was dragged to a performance of "Fiddler on the Roof" (Not broadway quality, but damn good), then I was linked to and downloaded the new "Dungeons: The Dragoning" roleplaying game. A real nice parody, they say, and time consuming.
Not to mention Spring Cleaning. (I coulda sworn I saw some actual grass today!)
Sorry for the missed update!
Your mind hits upon the Perfect name. You. Are. The Kamira! With that moral boosting declaration, you shout out your name for all around to hear, and charge into the swarm, detaching your spines as rapidly as possible. You ram your horn into the central mind-controlling cell, Goring it in what appears to be one of a long series of somewhat crystalline organs, taking a bite out of it's flesh, and then charge out, getting away before your spines have an opportunity to blow with you in there. You have the distinct one of the Gork! has chased after you and is yelling at the others about something, but as you are focused on getting the hell away from there, you don't have time to notice which.
Once you get as far away as you feel is safe, you finally slow down and check which Gork! it is. Surprise, surprise, it's the Scar, who's grown attached to his benevolent deity.
Ba-Ba-BOOM! Your spikes all go off in rapid succession, blowing the swarm apart like so many shards of shrapnel. There are definitely some surviving midgets, but quite a few of them have died from your explosions, and some that just got singed have died from poison entering their bodies from this slime. You observe the survivors, and see how those tinier cells mounted to their heads now seem to drift off, without that large cell alive anymore. Judging by your IR vision, they are still alive, but just so apathetic without the large cell to direct them, it's like their dead. Which could mean they could be free meals!

you have 9 hp
you have 17 stomach
you have 15 DNA, 1 GDNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

There is a feast before us, eat with grace!
also I was bored
Spoiler!
da daaa! :3