The Spore Game -- Species B

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

Re: The Spore Game -- Species B

Post by flabort »

Spoiler!
If anyone wants to draw the two species as they are now, at their current stage, before too much happens, it would be cool. I know I drew the Irgise over in the new species X thread over on giantitp, but that's because I was bored in class, and it wasn't that good.
Any art style is ok. Even making BSF ships to look like the species would be cool. Just remember that both of them are now spiky.
You use your prehensile tentacles to push together the two sides of the slimy cell's wound. It cries out in pain for a moment, and gets aggressive, but as you're holding the wound together tightly, it joins up pretty well. Not enough to call it "healed", or even count towards healing any damage, and it may leave a scar, but it's better than leaving a gaping wound. (+2 DNA reward!)
Once the slimy cell realizes that what you've done is help it, it stops firing it's slimy laser thing at you, meaning you can stop dodging. You then spot one of those speed-midgets that was struck by the slimy cell's jet thing, just being in the path of fire when you dodged, and bring it to the slimy cell, then swim a short distance off. The slimy cell devours the midget, and then looks around. It then uses it's slime jet to dig out a hole, and settles in, falling asleep. You were really hoping for it to lead you to the rocker, but you guess it has to sleep off the injury.
While it's sleeping, you munch on several of the near-by plants, observing their different flavors... and defenses. You note you shouldn't eat that plant you helped the slimy cell's name, what was it, ruegga. Paralysis. Nasty. And there's this tall plant, tall enough to be part of the green canopy. It's got these elastic veins in it, when you eat it, they whip out and cut you. Ow. And besides the speed-midget unlucky enough to be shot by the slimy cell, and the slimy cell itself, there's no other life for you to kill and eat. Still, the plants are OK (+9 DNA).

you have 4 hp
you have 27 stomach (+1 photo)
you have 11 DNA, 1 GDNA (+1 photo)
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Wander around a bit, explore the area but stay near to the slimy for when it wakes up. I'm not going to crossgame from the other thread so unless we hear explosion noises or something there's I can't think of a good reason to go back. That said, if someone comes up with one then I'll agree with going back.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
xXAesirXx
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by xXAesirXx »

Bad Boy wrote:Wander around a bit, explore the area but stay near to the slimy for when it wakes up. I'm not going to metagame from the other thread so unless we hear explosion noises or something there's I can't think of a good reason to go back. That said, if someone comes up with one then I'll agree with going back.
we could decied to go back to try and continue devloping a language with the other slimys and bring the injured slimy back to its brothers
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

True but to do that we'd have to wait for him to wake up because I don't think we'll be giving him a piggyback ride. Either way we're stuck here until then I think. But sure, after he wakes up go back for that reason I guess.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You barely start to wander and explore the surrounding area when the slimy cell wakes up, and rises out of it's slimy temporary nest, seemingly ready to tackle anything again. It's definitely got a scar, visible even through it's shell. Actually, now the shell itself has taken on a white stripe down where the wound was, making this one sort of unique. You dub it "The Scar", deciding to name this specific slimy cell, just because of it's unique cosmetic feature.
You then swim in a sort of south easterly direction, deciding to look for the slimy cells you helped earlier, bring The Scar to them, and noticing the light coming from that direction getting dimmer. Something blocking off the light can only mean something big, and you're curious.
The Scar decides to follow you, too, deciding that hanging around with you could really extend it's lifespan. You pretend not to notice it tagging along, trying to give the impression that you're stronger than them and are therefore somewhat superior, a "Don't care about you, I'm better" attitude, although that's not entirely the view you really have. Suddenly you turn towards it, a bit of a grin, and make a large noise, causing it to freak and fire a slime beam. It goes wide, so no worries, and when your grin grows huge, and you beckon to it to follow, it's eyes stop bulging and it swims up to you, and then along side you for a while.
You also notice that there is slightly more algae around now. Enough that your nets are actually picking some up.

you have 7 hp
you have 26 stomach (+1 photo, +1 algae)
You have 13 DNA, 1 GDNA (+1 photo, +0 algae)
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

head towards the murky area cautiously, and use our infra red vision to see what's there. fire at anything that acts agressively or that looks dangerous apart from the our companion's relatives. also, be kinder towards our companion. show scar that we are both extremely powerful yet intelligent and caring

p.s. i'm working on another drawing of our species, basing it somewhat on the pliosaurs
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Seconding Vidboi, It might be our friends battled the midget swarm.
naysayers will be shot
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Spoiler!
@ vidboi: Cool! don't feel you have to, but can't wait to see it!
You continue in the direction from which the light is dimmer, showing the Scar along the way how your tentacles let you pick stuff up, how they let you move through the water faster. You show him, carefully, what happens when you squeeze some muscles and expand others, and exactly how your explosive spines work. He, in turn, shows you how his slime launcher works, and why it would be hard for a being like yourself to evolve one now. Actually, you notice that not only would you be entirely unable, but that if you tried, it would mess up your explosives production, big time.
Considering this, and just how your two species happened to meet and start to interact, you realize with some shock that whatever's blocking out the light, it's getting bigger. It's a bright orange mass, almost the same shade as this little slimy cells... correction, a name has asserted itself in your head... this little "Gork!"'s slime. Which probably means the Gork!s from earlier are firing their jets, and that means their probably fighting something. To require that much slime, probably something strong.
You hurry on ahead to reach it, swimming right through a patch of algae so thick it blocks out your crystal's light!

you have 9 hp
you have 26 stomach (+2 algae, +1 photo)
you have 15 DNA (+1 algae, +1 photo)
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Signal to Scar that we've got some murdering to do then turn on IR vision and fire all cannons at the largest non-Gork! shaped thing you see. Do this when we're in range though and only if there are no Gork!s close enough to get damaged.
If we don't see anything with IR (or anything except Gork!s) move in closer with IR until we can get some amount of Gork!-nonGork! communication going (we need a name too).
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

Yeah, the Gork!s are pretty small, so it should be easier to identify them against larger targets. Instruct our ally to stay near us and use us as protection and then use our ir to detect and attack the largest target available. FIRE ZE MISSILES
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You finally reach the massive orange slimy cloud, intent on entering and finding the other Gork!, and drop off the scar. You push into it, finding the large amount of slime to be so thick that it's actually slowing you down! The Scar doesn't find it to be that thick, though. Must be because he's smaller. You activate your infrared vision, looking for anything non-Gork! to shoot at. A large group of Gork! shows up immediately, although their shells do make their outlines indistinct.
You also spot this column giving off lots of heat... no, it's not a column, it's just a whole ton of cells even smaller that the Gork!. And one about the same size, which seems to be what their aiming at. The smaller cells, which appear to be speed midgets but having something different than that corpse you brought the Scar, seem to be protecting the Gork!-sized cell, with their lives, since quite a few of them are floating to the ground, dead. There's also quite a lot of tiny little cells, darting off of the dead midgets, moving kinda sluggishly, and winding up in the swirling mass, although you're not surprised the Gork! haven't seen them.
You shoot a few spikes at the mass, realizing that you really need a way to make your spikes more accurate. Since these cells are so small, you're actually missing quite a few times now. You do strike the mass a few times, often passing through between the midgets and exploding way past the swarm, or sometimes striking one and then swerving off course, to explode too far away from the swarm than you'd like.
This slime cloud is blocking enough light that you get none, and has no algae in it.

you have 9 hp
you have 23 stomach
you have 15 DNA, 1 GNDA (I forgot to put that on last update, but...)
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

launch several more volleys of spines while making our way to the gork!
I also think we should be called arkica (ar-kick-a)
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

aim for the larger, Gork! sized cell within the swirling mass instead of the speed midgets. if our shots still penetrate that, try firing them with less force. if that still doesn't work, swim as fast as we can at it, grab it with our tentacles and pull it out of the cloud, then eat it
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

vidboi wrote:aim for the larger, Gork! sized cell within the swirling mass instead of the speed midgets. if our shots still penetrate that, try firing them with less force. if that still doesn't work, swim as fast as we can at it, grab it with our tentacles and pull it out of the cloud, then eat it
Ooh I like it, particularly that last bit. Do this, make sure to fire off all spikes before we charge in, give range our best shot before we go for the suicidal charge.
And I don't know, I'm not really a fan of arkica, it lacks the simple, folksy, barbaric charm of Gork!
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

were not barbarians! we make launching explosive projectiles an art, our blades slice cleanly through the enemy then explode in a flash of beautiful light cleansing the space for the greatest creature! or when the enemy decides to be brutal we can do a beautiful slash with our horn and then spin in a dazzaling arc cutting the beast challenging ourpower to peices! we do not vomit a disgusting blob of poison at the enemy and wait in the shadows for them to collapse, neither do we hide in poison and murk and leap out, no! we will cut the enemy apart in a flash and take no prisoners! WE ARE ARKICA
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".