Off topic: Spacefarers (a sci-fi RPG)

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

[OOC: You might be able to create a roleplaying section if you keep this up.]
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

IC
"Sir! the ship that just reverted has launched a torpedo at us!"
"Rear shields up now!" Captain Higgins ordered.
"Ready to return fire Captain" The Gunnery oficer called.
"Hold fire. We don't want to start fight with all these ships."

The cylindrical torpedo spead towrds The Merchant's Pride and, at the last minute, changed course; heading for the damaged Sword of Ragnarok.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

OOC:
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood the rule. I thought it meant no controlling other people's ships, didn't know it implied all characters also... Sorry.

Oh yeah, and yes, I know people usually use Starbase, but I use Starfort just to make my people seem more out of place, sort of like people who call "skyscrapers" "very tall buildings". So please don't use Starbases when referring to my speech.

Da_Higg: 200 years, oh come on! Atleast 500 years... But it's your choice really, anyways...

Also, funny. "Specials, of course, being torpedo-shaped long distance wire-guided sensor pods, packed to the brim with equipment and linked to the main ship with thousands of kilometers worth of fiber-optic cable. They had, however, the unfortunate side effect of looking much like torpedoes."

Anyways...

IC:
"Sir, we're under attack!"
"Under... By what?"
"Some sort of cylindrical thing..."
"Are our shields up yet?"
"No, the engineering crews from the other ship have said they are having trouble."
"Are our point lasers working? Perhaps we can destroy it"
"No, not online either. Plus, we couldn't afford the power."
"Ugh, there has to be one weapon working!"
"Well the Missile Racks are, but we are almost out of Missiles."
"Well I suppose that will suffice... Fire the Missiles!"

(Unbearable Silence)

"So?"
"We can't get a lock on it sir, it doesn't have a heat signature."
"What? What do you mean by no heat signature? All weapons have heat signatures, it's a law of physics!"
"T minus 30 seconds."
"Well sir, either it's not an armed torpedo, it's just a decoy, or it's something else entirely."
"T minus 20 seconds."
"If it's a decoy, or if it's not armed, why would it have veered away from that other ship?"
"I wouldn't know, sir...'
"T minus 10 seconds."
"There's not much we can do..."
"T minus 5 seconds."
"Brace for impact men..."

The Torpedo moved in, closer and closer...
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Normandy wrote:Da_Higg: 200 years, oh come on! Atleast 500 years... But it's your choice really, anyways...
Sorry, I'll corect. Also your sure you meant to call it the Hemegony and not the hegemony the second is the term for a number of organisations that have grouped together
Look Up
upon reading this:
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Ah thanks.

And yes, I meant the Hegemony. Typo, sorry O.o

So it's sort of like the Federation, except with a fancy word nobody ever uses.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

[Somewhere around Spatial Anomaly 3044]

The torpedo probe, amusingly enough, sailed right over the tops of the unknown vessels without leaving a scratch. It was, indeed, surreal to see an object traveling at 0.001c leaving no marker of its passage.

“Conn, sensors. Unknown ships we passed over have been pinged. Sending readout of the data now.”

“Very good.” Elson nodded fractionally and scanned the screen next to her. “Two ships pinged, one in the 700 meter class, another in the 450 meter class.

“Both ships are armed well, some carrying particle guns, some carrying projectiles. They've spotted the drone,

“What do you make of this, Intelligence Officer Kvapil?” Elson turned to her left to speak without using the comms system.

“No threat. If required, we can easily blanket them with missile fire.” Kvapil leaned back in his chair and twirled a set of keys in his hands. “Want to hear my suggestion?” He grinned madly.

Elson sighed and rolled her eyes. “Permission to speak. Go for it.”

“Keep on going until they shoot at us. Then fire a blast from the main guns. If they shoot us, shoot back. Also, send data torpedoes directly at each ship, except passing 100km over the top relative to us.”

Elson blinked. “Well, that's one way...” She turned back towards the front. “Very well. Fore weapons, conn, did you get all that?”

“Conn, fore weapons, aye, we got that. Proceed? We have specials already in tubes one, six, seven, and eight.”

“Proceed. Fire in ten seconds on your mark. Reload tubes one, two, five, and six with attack torpedoes afterwards.”

“Mark!”

And with another turn of the key, four torpedo-shaped scouting probes whooshed off through space towards the unknowns, blasting their sensors three fourths of the way towards the nebula.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

OOC: Aralonia... you do realize that at 1/1000th of C (300 kilometers per second), that your torpedos have taken over half an hour to reach our group for your ship's position (about 600,000 kilometers (or two light seconds) away), right? This post'll assume it was travelling 1/25th of light speed instead (which would only have taken 50 seconds) and then decelerated so that it could perform its scans

IC: The ship's sensors were now having more luck seeing beyond the end of the ship's own prow and detected a new contact materializing about 600,000 kilometers away.

"I've got a new contact appearing, sir," the officer who had replaced Kevin at the science station reported . "It's two light seconds out... Unidentifiable design..."

Henry, who was still waiting for a response to his question to doctor Michaels, ordered Albert to try an open a channel with the new ship. As Albert transmitted the standard Federation greeting, the relief officer picked up something streaking towards one of the nearby ships.

"It looks like some kind of probe, sir," he reported. "I'm detecting any warhead. It's moving in at 12,000 kilometers a second and rapidly decelerating, on a collision course with the Merchant's Pride..."

Henry watched as the Pride began to raise shields and attempt to train weapons on the probe. At the last second, the probe veered to port and made a beeline for the Sword of Ragnarock instead, sending a powerful scanning beam over the Pride as it passed to within mere kilometers...

By this time, the Adelaide had hailed the Pride and told them of the probe's harmless nature. He also let commander Siege know, who was still helping to co-ordinate repair efforts from the Ragnarok's bridge. Unfortunately, the message didn't seem to get through to the ship's captain, who still seemed shaken by having his ship almost destroyed.

The ship found its primitive heat tracking missiles unable to lock on to the probe, however, which passed merely over the top of the Ragnarok, scanning as it went. Then torpedo then pulled back around and began a beeline towards the Adelaide.

"The probe is now heading for our ship, sir," the relief science officer reported.

"Don't raise shields," Henry replied. "Let them take a look. Ensign, has there been any reply to our hails?"

"None as yet, sir," Albert replied.

"Looks like they wanna check us out before they do anything," Dante mused aloud.

"Precisely, lieutenant," Henry agreed. "Keep hailing them, though," he said. "I'm willing to bet that once they're done with their scans they'll be willing to start talking... And speaking of talking," he added. "Doctor Michaels, you still haven't answered my question... How is that you know of Earth?"
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

OOC: Can I retcon it to one lightsecond and 0.005c? >_>
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

OOC: Added a lot more to my "Notes" section. I suggest you read it up.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Michaels had been deep in thought. "The Asimov travels many paths and we piece together maps, filling in the seams and mapping out the universe. Our crew come from far and wide - we have quite the mix of scientists aboard. I myself am from Earth. I was..." he frowns "...exiled from my scientific communities for 'radical thinking', they called it. I was conducting experiments... dangerous experiments, yes, but the advances were worth it. I left Earth, searching out better places. The Asimov is a curious ship. I found my way aboard by sheer luck - the Administrator had heard much of my experimentation, and invited me aboard."

He chuckles. "But enough about me. What brings you to this sector, Captain?

The Asimov completed it's first scan, and continued to the second, almost blind with it's sensors focused on the anomaly. The Administrator gave the launch order - for now, the Asimov's compliment of fighters would serve as it's eyes and ears. The fighters launched and made lazy loops and twirls around the larger ship, weaving in and out of the ship's structure, pilots seemingly racing each other around the ship.

Michaels glanced over at a panel on his left. "Don't mind the fighters. We need them to listen out for us. With our sensors focused on the anomaly we can't 'see' much else."
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

IC"There's a second tube headed our way captain"
Now they knew of the torpedoes role they had dropped the main shields.
"Activate to jaming field. If they make a closer scan they might notice that our wepons are active beneath the bafflers". On screen, the representation of The Pride shimmerd as the field activated. "Lets see what they make of this". Captain Higgins finished.
Look Up
upon reading this:
Temujin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Temujin »

Ship:

Exploration an Astari class Scout Frigate.

Stats: 8 Mark IX Plasma Missile Launchers(20 missiles a minute)(Missiles homing, about as destructive as a nuke)(each launcher has 20 missiles)

4 Mark II Heavy Grav Cannons

24 Mark III Light Railguns(Point Defense)

2 Mark I Particle Beams

4 1/4 inches of ceramic-crystaline armor

no shields, etc.

Engines: 12 Anti-Matter engines, each capable of producing upto 1/24c in thrust. Togther they can produce upto 50% c. Gravimetric Field Generator allows all the thrust produced by these engines to be used as a velocity for the ship. It also has the effect of creating an impenatrable barrier in the front of the ship. Things can go out but not in(the front changes. basically you have the field generator redirectin the speed. If something were to enter it from the wrong direction, it gets pushed out. However, if shoat from the rear, the projectile would accelerate). Can also be used for FTL. Ships stops, calculates all gravimetric anomalies between point A and B, and then travels there almost instantly.

Grav Cloak. Modified use of Gravimetric Field Generator. Ship effectively surrounds it self with a very powerful Gravity Well, and the covers the top with more gravity, effectivly dropping itself out of the universe. While in this mode, it can't be seen, shot at, rammed, etc... It effectively doesn't exist. However, the same applies to it, as it can't shoot out, see, ram, etc...

Length: 300 meters
Width: 50 meters
Height: 35 meters

Picture: http://www.b5tech.com/isa/whitestar/wsglory.jpg Just treat the blue as red, and the yellowy color as black.
[i]In difficult ground, press on.
In encircled ground, devise strategems.
In desperate ground, fight.[/i]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

"What? More torpedoes?"
"Yes, this time we're sure they're weapons."
"I swear, if we get attacked by another strange craft..."
"So, what course of action should we take?"
"I don't know. The last one veered off course at the last minute. Perhaps this one will, too. It's not like we can do much else anyways."

Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

"I see," Henry nodded. "I trust there's no warrant for your arrest?" he joked...

Even if there had been, Henry had no powers outside of Federation territory. Besides, according to the library computer, doctor Michael's experiments, whilst dangerous enough to warrant dismissal from the Federation science community, hadn't been technically illegal...

"As to your question," he went on. "Being a former Federation citizen yourself, you'll know that Starfleet is in the business of exploration. We are currently based at Deep Space Five about a sector from here. We consider this unexplored space, you see... Perhaps your ship would be willing to 'trade maps', as it were? he smiled.

Meanwhile, Tabatha was still having no luck convincing the Sword of Ragnarock's captain that the torpedos were harmless...

"Captain," she insisted. "I can assure you that my ship has confirmed that these 'torpedoes' are harmless sensor probes..."

Tabatha huffed. It was pulling teeth trying to talk to this bunch...
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Winged Cat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Winged Cat »

The data torpedoes might have passed unmolested, had the Mu-ohki not picked up on their intense active scanner pulses and decided to take a close look. The torpedoes had been set to keep a distance of 100 kilometers; unfortunately, Meryl wanted a close look - more like 100 meters. When the torpedo tried to back off as they approached, they flew around the far side of it, their further approaches just driving it into the flock of other ships.

"Hey, where're you going? I just want to get a good look!"