Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

Post by Lizzie »

Agree to help them. It benefits us more and if a single fiber of our being still cares for Alvier, we can just feed them false information to throw them off his tracks. If not, eh, still benefits us.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Completely agreeing with what Lizzie said.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

I agree with Lizzie, we can only gain things by joining with the investigation in a more formal way... Although it wouldn't be wise to let Too much of Jorens memories slip out, we might raise suspicion to ourselves if we reveal to much of his memory...

EDIT: Also, no more hunting when we are working together with this guy, There is a good chance he may have us followed...
Last edited by Jokarun on Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Ah.. but memories can be used rather well to our advantage to throw these nobs off our scent.
Just so long as we be damn sure not to mention events or secrets shared, unless absolutly nessersary.

I say agree for now, then track down Alvier, at this point im going to have to assume that they will follow us, so we must be VERY careful not to reveal what we can do, nor that we are friendly with Alvier.

There doesn't happen to be a telepathic technique that we can aquire? from a metagaming persepective i could think of a great act we could pull off if we do pick one up.

I think that laying a false trail down would benefit us as well, but im not sure how we can do that just yet, any ideas from the others?

we know that either they think our killing style is Alvier, or that they know its us but are playing us further than I can believe that they are willing to do.

I also wouldnt mind suggesting to the dragonblooded that we have been chasing Mr Claws, and his methods have been changing over time, or laying hints that Mr Claws is a shapeshifter.

: boils down to, agree to help, find Alvier, possibly tell them we have been chasing Mr Claws for a long time now.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Silverware wrote:I say agree for now, then track down Alvier, at this point im going to have to assume that they will follow us, so we must be VERY careful not to reveal what we can do, nor that we are friendly with Alvier.
So... you want to track down Alvier... why? You already know where he lives. What purpose is there to tracking him down? Do you want to talk to him, or lead the Immaculates to him or what?
There doesn't happen to be a telepathic technique that we can aquire? from a metagaming persepective i could think of a great act we could pull off if we do pick one up.
I'm not inclined to share that information. If someone else who knows the system decides to share in the thread, that's their business.
we know that either they think our killing style is Alvier, or that they know its us but are playing us further than I can believe that they are willing to do.
If they knew you were the killer, do you think Mister 7 Foot Tall Immaculate Monk would be sitting down and having a chat with you instead of carving you to pieces? Really?
I also wouldnt mind suggesting to the dragonblooded that we have been chasing Mr Claws, and his methods have been changing over time, or laying hints that Mr Claws is a shapeshifter.
What purpose could that possibly serve? Explain it to me, because I don't understand the logic behind that plan. I dare say that there is NO logic behind it, but I'm hoping you can prove me wrong.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:
Silverware wrote:There doesn't happen to be a telepathic technique that we can aquire? from a metagaming persepective i could think of a great act we could pull off if we do pick one up.
I'm not inclined to share that information. If someone else who knows the system decides to share in the thread, that's their business.
There are a couple that I am aware of (depending on the type of telepathy), but none that could be acquired in a short timespan without a great degree of luck.

P.S.: If you metagame, the GM will send Sidereals after you.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Agree to co-operate with the monk.
This'll give us several advantages, such as access to their information and a way to mislead them into looking for Alvier in the wrong places.
We'll probably have to give up talking to Alvier directly, in case they're following us, and we're going to have to be very careful with our eating from now on.
We should start letting Lindel run little errands for us around town, as well as let her be our link to Alvier. We should discuss her pay sometime soon.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Ah, investigating one's own murders.
Lets see how long we can pull it off for :D

Cooperate with the monk dudes. It throws suspicion away from ourselves, at least temporarily, and gives us a good opportunity to track down this Mr. Claws.

We always have the option of misleading them if we still care about Alvier, other wise, we could watch them take each other out.
Chiiro wrote:We should start letting Lindel run little errands for us around town, as well as let her be our link to Alvier. We should discuss her pay sometime soon.
Good idea.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Tell him we're one of the killers!

C'mon, it'll be funny.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Anna wrote:So... you want to track down Alvier... why? You already know where he lives. What purpose is there to tracking him down? Do you want to talk to him, or lead the Immaculates to him or what?
I want to track him do so we can tell him that the Immaculates are inclined to think that our kills are his, so he shouldn't come anywhere near where we are staying for now, or lay low to let us keep that advantage while we make snacks out of weaker Immaculates
Anna wrote:If they knew you were the killer, do you think Mister 7 Foot Tall Immaculate Monk would be sitting down and having a chat with you instead of carving you to pieces? Really?
Because I have to believe that these guys are as sneaky as I can be, or are sneakier, Overestimating our opponent just makes you super cautious, underestimating them makes you dead.
Anna wrote:What purpose could that possibly serve? Explain it to me, because I don't understand the logic behind that plan. I dare say that there is NO logic behind it, but I'm hoping you can prove me wrong.
What it can do is make them change the way they hunt for it, if they realize that having a weak Immaculate out on his own will attract its attention, and they can then spring a trap on it, they might be inclined to do that, and then its rather simple to grab the weak Immaculate before he gets into position. We should be able to do that once or twice if they try that trapping technique a few times, thus getting us easily acquired power, and hopefully allowing us to strike more powerful targets easily.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Silverware wrote:
Anna wrote:So... you want to track down Alvier... why? You already know where he lives. What purpose is there to tracking him down? Do you want to talk to him, or lead the Immaculates to him or what?
I want to track him do so we can tell him that the Immaculates are inclined to think that our kills are his, so he shouldn't come anywhere near where we are staying for now, or lay low to let us keep that advantage while we make snacks out of weaker Immaculates
Okay, so you should have said that.
Anna wrote:If they knew you were the killer, do you think Mister 7 Foot Tall Immaculate Monk would be sitting down and having a chat with you instead of carving you to pieces? Really?
Because I have to believe that these guys are as sneaky as I can be, or are sneakier, Overestimating our opponent just makes you super cautious, underestimating them makes you dead.
There is nothing sneaky about letting someone you know is a violent murderer wander about freely. There's nothing sneaky about going "hey, let's team up to find the killer :)" if you already know that the person you're talking to is the real killer. I'm gonna make this very plain, and spoil this. IF THE IMMACULATES KNEW YOU WERE THE KILLER, YOU'D HAVE WALKED INTO A ROOM FULL OF DEATH, NOT A COZY LITTLE CHIT-CHAT, YOU FUCKING MORON.
Anna wrote:What purpose could that possibly serve? Explain it to me, because I don't understand the logic behind that plan. I dare say that there is NO logic behind it, but I'm hoping you can prove me wrong.
What it can do is make them change the way they hunt for it, if they realize that having a weak Immaculate out on his own will attract its attention, and they can then spring a trap on it, they might be inclined to do that, and then its rather simple to grab the weak Immaculate before he gets into position. We should be able to do that once or twice if they try that trapping technique a few times, thus getting us easily acquired power, and hopefully allowing us to strike more powerful targets easily.
I... that... I don't even...

Silverware, you have a fucking problem. Your problem is you don't fucking explain shit in a manner that makes any fucking sense, or you explain only one-third of your plan, and expect people to somehow guess at the rest of it. In your initial post, you said nothing of getting them to set traps with Immaculates as bait. You said nothing about doing anything except saying "we've been hunting it for a while, and it's a shape shifter".

And even now that you have explained it, your plan is fucking stupid. Why would the send weak people out as bait? Why would they let you know who they were sending? And if they did let you know, what makes you think they wouldn't get very suspicious if the people they do intend to use as bait mysteriously die before the trap is set?

Your logic is retarded. I like having people contribute in my thread, I really do. I've been trying really hard to just nod and accept most things posted, even the really stupid things, but you're just stretching the goddamn limits of my restraint. So please, for fuck's sake, if you're going submit stupid plans, at least explain them fully in the future.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Agree to help the Immaculate Order, with the following additional goals in mind:

1. Throw suspicion off self
2. Obtain information regarding Alvier
2a. With the intention of eventually sharing what dirt the Order has on Alvier to him, when the oppurtunity to discreetly do so arises.
2b. Without looking like we've betrayed Alvier. Don't want him to become hostile just because it looks like we've started to ally with one of his enemies.

And, of course, find out as much information as we can about the other killer(s).

Play it like a Yagami and buddy up with people you DO not want to suspect you, ohoho!
It also puts us in a great position to tamper, suggest or manipulate information / scenes to serve our interests, if needed.

And DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT CONSUMING ANYONE working with the Immaculate Order on this case, unless we are 100% sure that the act will not draw suspicion on us.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Cynsye
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Cynsye »

Don't really have anything to add beyond what Lizzie has said :S, continue investigation, be careful and find out who/what the other killer is. Agree with Squishy on the avoiding killing the Immaculates.. quick way to a world of pain.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Sorry for the lack of update, but I am tired and lazy and from here on things get complicated and it would be best if I laid out some decent plans. Feel free to keep posting ideas and shit in here, btw.

I'll try to have the next update up fairly soon.
Quality Control Enforcer
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Help them out for now, but only help them out in tracking down the other blob. We don't want to lead them to something we don't want them to see. We should also use this opportunity to get them to share information with us, find out the workings of their organisation, and, if possible, make a tasty snack out of them when it's the least conspicuous.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]