Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

STARSTRUCK

Re: Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Take Dexterity 3 and Melee 3. Test out our new ENERGY LEGS by running away from there as fast as equinely possible. Head for the woods and find something docile to assimilate survival skills from.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Dodge and Investigation.

Well, we don't exactly know if he knows that you've been eating people. Let him question you, and if things get hairy then use Chiiro's cover story. If things get even more problematic, kill him. Eat him, and take his spear and place it back in his house, then ride away into the night using one of the horses.

But it also says earlier that he seems "something more than human". If this is true, then convince him to join you. Stay in the town and wait for further developments
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Try to talk your way out with the story.
If that also doesn't work. RUN (or ride the horse you haven't eaten yet if it would be any faster).

Just an aside question: stuff doesn't stack right? So taking say strength 3 twice doesn't give you strength 6.

EDIT: Melee 3 and Dex 3 is going to win anyway I guess so lets go with that for now.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Droid wrote:Just an aside question: stuff doesn't stack right? So taking say strength 3 twice doesn't give you strength 6.
Strength 3 is a 1-dot increase from Strength 2, so the end result would probably be Strength 4 if taken twice.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Chiiro wrote:Take Dex 3 and Melee 3. Give him a simple "What about?" if he hasn't figured out we're eating people, make it seem like we were just gonna steal a horse and leave. If we need a cover story, we're a fairly wealthy merchant's daughter whose family was murdered and now we're running from the culprits. It's not safe for anyone if we stay.
I 2nd this. Well assuming the cover story can cover the fact we have dog ears...
Imaillusion wrote:If things get even more problematic, kill him. Eat him, and take his spear and place it back in his house, then ride away into the night using one of the horses.
He has martial arts and access to essence. He will fucking wreck us if we try to fight it out.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I say we let him speak first, and find out what he thinks first, it might be better not to give info he might not have.

And same skill choices as above
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Droid wrote:Just an aside question: stuff doesn't stack right? So taking say strength 3 twice doesn't give you strength 6.
((Stuff doesn't stack, no. If Strength 3 shows up on two lists, you can only pick it once. You can't eat something with Strength 3 twice to get Strength 4 or whatever. You need to eat something that has Strength 4 to get Strength 4.))

Alvier seems sympathetic, shaking his head slightly as you tell him your (fictional) plight, a sad smile curling his lips, "Ah, Tessa, why are you lying to me?"

He takes a step forward, his spear glowing a little brighter, but you prove faster. You know that most humans probably wouldn't react favourably to learning the truth out of you, and the golden light erupting from the tip of his spear makes you wary, so with your enhanced equine legs, you turn and bolt away, trying to put as much distance between yourself, Alvier and this town as possible.

He calls out to you, asking you to stop, but you don't listen, and you prove to be faster. Quite possibly faster than any mere human alive, in fact, and you know after the demonstration with the glowing spear that Alvier is probably more than a mere human, though how much more, you're uncertain.

All seems to be going smoothly, but when you reach the edge of town, a guard leaps out and tackles you to the ground. You hit the ground hard but roll away uninjured, pushing yourself to your feet as the guard does the same. He levels his sword at you, giving Alvier time to catch up, looking frustrated and exhausted. Alvier steps up to you and waves back the guard.

"Don't get too close to her. Now, Tessa, perhaps some honesty is in order?"

Your instincts are telling you to run, fight, kill. Whatever you have to do to get away. Alvier's spear is no longer glowing, but that doesn't make you feel any better. Attempt to flee again? Fight? Try another lie? Or do you give him the truth, this time?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Give him something like "What do you want me to say?! That I'm a monstrous parasite disguised as a human?! Give me a break, I needed a horse so I was stealing one"
Actually maybe not quite so specific. We should probably leave out the monstrous parasite disguised as a human part. Stick to truths and half-truths, but don't actually tell hi manything about us, but try bending things to look like we were just trying to steal a horse.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Screw lying. We've got crap social skills. We've got pretty decent combat skills though, and a decent weapon. Enough of this cagey running around, FIGHT. Well okay, run again first, draw Alveir away from the guard. If it goes sour, run again. You're fast. If it goes well, don't finish him off. explain who and what you are, and why you are doing it. Ask him for his help. If he seems receptive, spare him, keep him as an ally. If he doesn't, kill him and eat him.

EDIT: And he's a hunter, it seems? So we can offer that if he'll help us, we only need to eat game animals. It may not even be a lie.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

If we fight keep a guard between us and Alveir as much as possible, keeping us out of the way of his spear.

I say we try to be cagey and find out what he knows first. We can't lie well, but we don't have to give out the entire truth, especially if he doesn't know it.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I believe we are utterly boned if we attempt to fight both of them at once. Try, perhaps, to get them distanced from each other, and then charge one of them down at Ludicrous Speed. If we have to explain anything, do not in hell tell the guy anything conclusive. If things look bad, run away at Ludicrous Speed.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Siber wrote:Screw lying. We've got crap social skills. We've got pretty decent combat skills though, and a decent weapon. Enough of this cagey running around, FIGHT. Well okay, run again first, draw Alveir away from the guard. If it goes sour, run again. You're fast. If it goes well, don't finish him off. explain who and what you are, and why you are doing it. Ask him for his help. If he seems receptive, spare him, keep him as an ally. If he doesn't, kill him and eat him.

EDIT: And he's a hunter, it seems? So we can offer that if he'll help us, we only need to eat game animals. It may not even be a lie.
I vote this.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Run out to somewhere remote, but run slowly enough so that the guy can keep up. When you have found a spot, start questioning him. He obviously isn't human, and it would be rude for a stanger to ask for your identity without revealing his or hers first. If you like what you hear, convince him to join you. If you don't, kill and eat him. Then run far away, the guard back there has probaly alerted everyone about you
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

You slash at the guard's abdomen, scoring a large gash across his chest before turning to run, looking back and grinning as Alvier chases after you. With your superior speed you keep him away, but you're not quite fast enough to lose him. Which is fine with you. Once you hit the tree line, you stop, turn and lunge towards him, swinging in a wide arc with your chopping sword.

Alvier brings his spear up and deflects the blow, lunging forward with an assault of his own. His spear lashes forward, but your armor resists the impact of the spearhead and you jump in closer, attempting to drive your sword into his abdomen, only to have your attack knocked aside again. A flurry of blows is exchanged back and forth, with Alvier parrying most of your blows aside, while his blows are rendered ineffectual by your armour and a good portion of sheer luck.

Surprisingly, you're the one who draws first blood, ripping your blade down Alvier's chest deeply and spraying the ground with his blood. He pauses and looks down, then surprisingly, grins, a golden circle glowing upon his forehead as his spear begins to emit a golden light, "Oh, you're good!"

His counter attack scores across your side and you spin away before lunging again. In the following exchange of back and forth attacks, you score your blade down his chest again, sword and spear clashing in and amazing spectacle, golden sparks flaring each time your weapon collides with his. You think you're almost done for when his spear is driven deeply into your shoulder, spraying you with crimson, but you're not ready to give up. You try to attack him one last time, but he side-steps your clumsy blow and kicks you to the ground, looking down at you.

"By the gods, you're something else, aren't you?" He asks with a raised brow, "Half of that was just luck, but with luck like that you might not need skill. So, how many people have you eaten so far? I saw you with the guard. Before you ate the horse. And now you can't run, so it's question time."

Surprisingly, he seems disinclined to kill you. Instead, he seems to want to know more about you, and starts asking what you are, where you came from, how you got the skills that you did, and many other things.

How much truth do you tell him?

Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

At this point you're not in much of a position to fight back, he can kill you regardless. May as well tell him the truth ... spin it just a little for sympathy though like you barely understood what you were doing was wrong and that you sorta ... -need- to eat.