Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Re: Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

Post by Corporal Jomn »

He either started first, is really fast with his fingers, or both. Pretty much eveyone else said.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Ahahaha, shapeshiftin assassin.

Take

Code: Select all

Essence 2 and 20 motes

I express agreement with ADM's instructions, in order to make the 'aftermath' of what was done easier to get over with: We can't have his loved ones, allies or people he worked for going after his murderer(s).
since you've now murdered the man, take a quick look around to see if there's anything of interest, on him or in the room,look for the thing he wanted to show you, clean up yourself and the room at the best of your abilities, since your probably bloodstained, if you hear anyone about to enter the room, scream as hard as you can to not arouse the suspicion that you've killed the Councilor,maybe open a window or something like that to make it look like someone entered through there, if nothing happens quietly leave through the same way you entered the house.
Don't know how his second paragraph, sounds like planning a bit too far ahead. Solid thinking though.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Lock the door, check the room over real quick, look at whatever he was going to have you look at, then get the fuck out and go back to Alvier.

And yeah, get essence 2.

Wait, does getting essence 2 make you a dragonblooded as well? What kind of aspect was he?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Lizzie wrote:What kind of aspect was he?

Code: Select all

[Sun 23] [13:20:38] <Cynsye|Mob> Did tessa take on any dragonblooded qualities from munching? 
[Sun 23] [13:20:53] <Cynsye|Mob> appearance wise 
[Sun 23] [13:22:33] <~Anna> If she takes Ess 2, she gets an ESSENCE POOL. Probably turns her eyes black.
[Sun 23] [13:23:22] <~Anna> Oh wait, they're naturally black. :P
[Sun 23] [13:24:10] <Cynsye|Mob> Ooh, essence pool is good! Just need to learn a MA now
[Sun 23] [13:24:35] <Cynsye|Mob> blacker? (if that's even possible) 
[Sun 23] [13:26:01] <~Anna> Well, Tessa eyes would have turned a muddy blue-green from all the things she's eaten. Taking Water Dragon essence into herself will turn them a murky black-blue.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Take ess, scour the place for artifacts, jade, money, rare books and correspondences, then clean up and GTFO. Your wearing the skin of the last person to see a very important man before his sudden disappearance, leaving a pool of blood behind. some people might know he was going to see 'you', you don't know how discrete he was about this or if anyone noted your entrance.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Oddly, you're not sure what it is he was going to show you. Probably because you brutally murdered and consumed him before he got a chance to show you. Still, no harm in searching. You find nothing of any real value on his person except for a ring of black jade which you slip into your pocket, and then you set about searching his home. If you thought his Advisor was rich, he's something else entirely. It isn't hard for you to find his vault, after having skimmed through the Advisor's journal, and it's a fairly simple matter to use the dead Councillor's key to open it up. Within you find a fortune in Silver and Jade currency, dozens of Talents worth at least. Sadly, more than you could ever hope to carry. Well, of course. This vault is large enough to walk into. He could fund a small army with this much wealth. And was probably doing so.

There's another door in the vault, you find, leading into a smaller, even more secure room. The door had been made of a solid jade alloy that you were certain was almost indestructible by human means. Within that room is a collection of fine jewellery, all made out of materials like Jade and Orichalcum. The stolen knowledge in you mind tells you that these materials are apparently potent and magical in nature. You take the most valuable pieces of jewelry, and then your gaze falls upon a large black jade weapon.

To call it a masterpiece would be an insult to this weapon. The blade is over six feet long and a foot wide, and after attempting to pick it up, you realise that it must weigh quite a lot. You couldn't even haul it around if you tried, let alone pick it up and swing it. A facet of memory from the Councillor tingles at you, showing you how he was able to attune with the weapon by expending Essence, and that allowed him to swing it quite easily.

You spend an hour attuning yourself to the weapon, essence flowing through your body, and afterwards, you're able to lift it, but it's still too large and unwieldy a weapon for someone as weak as you to use easily. You need more strength before you'll be able to swing a weapon as mighty as that. You wrap it in cloth and then set about cleaning up the mess you made when you ate the Councillor.

Then you leave. You're still undecided on what to do next.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Find Alvier, when you do find him poke at him casually to try and find out more about why we're doing these things for him.
Hopefully we'll get some decent info, and unless anything pressing happens try finding something strong that we can shoot with poison arrows.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Head back to some safe spot to meet Alvier at ... carefully. It's still too early in the day to kill someone for the strength increase.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to loot all that cash.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I think we make sure the vault is properly sealed and come back to that later, we will probably require it if we want to TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

Least that's a goal. =P

Head back to Alvier and request more information.
Also ask if he can find us something strong that we can take down for the strength boost, at least in payment for the next job.

Im sure he will have more, people like that don't just have one target.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Nick as much jewellery as possible to sell or use as bribes later, then skedaddle on back to Alvier, trying to take the route less travelled if at all possible. Alvier owes us a better explanation now, and I don't think he could prevent us from leaving at this point.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I say we should at least try to find something to absorb Strength from while we're around. Then, head on back to Alvier and see if we can't cash in on a reward. Some more information on the what the Dragon-Blooded was doing would also be nice.

I too think we should try taking over the world, at least some time in our life. Any way we can get our hands on an army, or at least a mercenary corps?
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Meh, too lazy too post up another wall of text, so I'm agreeing with STARSTRUCK on this one.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

I say go out and find a remote place to stash all your cash (hey, that rhymes), and also to stow away that big sword. I suddenly got this suspicion that Alvier might be after it (it's an Exhalted weapon, isn't it? How often will you come across one in your travels?)

The go back to the guy's house and wait, really
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Imaillusion wrote:I say go out and find a remote place to stash all your cash (hey, that rhymes), and also to stow away that big sword. I suddenly got this suspicion that Alvier might be after it (it's an Exhalted weapon, isn't it? How often will you come across one in your travels?)

Buster swords likely aren't his style considering his caste is basically the Ninja caste.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Lizzie wrote:
Imaillusion wrote:I say go out and find a remote place to stash all your cash (hey, that rhymes), and also to stow away that big sword. I suddenly got this suspicion that Alvier might be after it (it's an Exhalted weapon, isn't it? How often will you come across one in your travels?)

Buster swords likely aren't his style considering his caste is basically the Ninja caste.
Even if they were his style, this one is made out of Jade, so he wouldn't get as much benefit out of it as he might normally*Those of you who are unfamiliar with how artifacts and the materials work, see below. I'm sure he'll be interested in the Orichalcum jewelry though. Even if it's kind of useless right now, melting it down and reforging it might be possible.

Also, check the ring that was nicked from the guy and see if it has an important-looking image of some kind on it. I have a hunch it might be a signet ring.

*There are five magical materials in Exalted;
ITEMS OF THE WRONG MATERIAL
Most magical items intended for use by the Exalted are made from one of the five magical materials and provide additional bonuses to Exalted who are most closely attuned to that material. Orichalcum is the material associated with Solars. Moonsilver items usually provide extra bonuses when wielded by Lunar Exalted. Jade alloys are favored by Dragon-Bloods, and many of the Terrestrial Exalted prefer the specific color of jade matching their personal aspect. Starmetal is particularly auspicious when used by the Sidereals. Soulsteel is forged in the Underworld, and it resonates best with Abyssal Exalts.

It is possible, but not easy, for an Exalt to gain these extra bonuses even if she is not of the appropriate type. To do so, the character must commit twice as many motes of Essence as normal to activate the item, and her player must make a (Wits + Lore) roll at difficulty 3. If she succeeds, her character harmonizes the artifact fully with her own anima and gains the additional bonuses as if she were an Exalt of the appropriate type.

If the (Wits + Lore) roll fails, the character suffers a health level of unsoakable lethal damage from the harmonic feedback and must drop the item. This feedback also causes any hearthstones in the item to shatter, though they will reform naturally at their manses of origin over the next month. A botch on this roll can cause the damage or destruction of the item itself. If an Exalt of the wrong type is unwilling to commit such a large amount of Essence, he may still minimally attune to the item for the standard mote cost. In this case, the Exalt gains the attunement but none of the benefits of the material’s construction
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ