Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Re: Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

Post by Jokarun »

I agree with chiiro, this could work in our favour if we can play our cards right...
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

Anna wrote: You're on your way back home when an Immaculate Monk steps out in front of you. He looks to be somewhere in his mid-thirties, bald and dressed in the raiment of a Monk of the Immaculate Order. He's also large. Surprisingly large, in fact.
"Ah, there you are." He says, staring down at you, "The mysterious Private Investigator. Would you like to come with me? I need to ask you a few questions."
why is the monk "surprisingly large"? is this something to do with the fact that he's immaculate, or is it something more sinister? like the thing we see as a monk has just had a very large meal...

i would be very suspicious of this guy, but whatever he/it is i doubt running away is going to do us much good. We should go along with it for now, and see if we can find an opportunity to get something good out of it

btw, what are the effects of eating another doppleganger?
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

It might just be that he is just a big person?
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

vidboi wrote:btw, what are the effects of eating another doppleganger?
We'd probaly get godly stats if we eat them. Assuming we can kill them first

For the current situation, we should be seeing this as an opportunity. We get to meet a guy who probaly has a lot of information that we don't know about. If we do this right, we may even gain the favour of those monks, and they can kill the other bad guy for us.

Of course, if this monk turns hostile, we could probaly leg it or even kill and eat him, and get said godly stats, but that's only if we know we can kill him

And it may turn out that this guy is actually the other bad guy wanting to trap us. If that's the case, then so much the better, we can kill the cunt right now... of course if we're strong enough. If we aren't, then we run, as usual
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I guess I vote for going with the guy for now and seeing what he wants.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Go with the guy but be prepared to kill him at a moment's notice.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

vidboi wrote:why is the monk "surprisingly large"? is this something to do with the fact that he's immaculate, or is it something more sinister? like the thing we see as a monk has just had a very large meal...
Jesus Christ that's a silly question. He's 7 feet tall and of very muscular build. That is uncommon. Hence it is surprising. Way to read too much into a single line instead of just making logical connections.
vidboi wrote:btw, what are the effects of eating another doppleganger?
Tessa doesn't know, so you don't know. That would be spoilers.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Play along for the time being. If the monk gives any hint of being on to us kill him as quickly as possible.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:
vidboi wrote:why is the monk "surprisingly large"? is this something to do with the fact that he's immaculate, or is it something more sinister? like the thing we see as a monk has just had a very large meal...
Jesus Christ that's a silly question. He's 7 feet tall and of very muscular build. That is uncommon. Hence it is surprising. Way to read too much into a single line instead of just making logical connections.
Logically speaking, if he's an Immaculate and is built like that, I'm betting he's Earth Aspected. A mountain of a man, if you will.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Cynsye
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Cynsye »

Go along with him for now.. just don't -act- too suspicious of him. Hmm.. the daiklaives "The swords were crafted by his great-grandfather and passed down to him. He has a sparring partner at the Immaculate Temple who he considers his equal." This could go so SO badly.. so be prepared to do one at a moments notice.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Anna couldn't sleep.

Anna was bored.

Anna decided to make DDE: The Visual Novel

Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Well, I don't think he's suspects us for the more recent killings.
I mean, we don't have claws, and making claw marks without claws is just plain silly.
The only thing he could possibly suspect us of is killing the dude that used to own our current set of daiklaves...which would be bad.

We probably don't want to get into a scuffle with him. Just play along and try to talk our way out. I donno how good we are at lying though...probably not very :<

I doubt we even can kill him, donno about running away.

If all goes well though, we could very well get some useful information. (ie. he's only talkin to us cause he wants to collaborate or what not. HEY don't shoot me for being an optimist)
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

He can Suspect an awful lot, he can know what we have done since entering the city, and maybe before if the word spread.
He could be awfully more powerful and faster than us. It is highly likely that we can't escape without being wounded, and even a retard can folow a trail of blood.

Play it cool, don't be threatening. But also look like we arnt afraid of him, although Tessa is probibly close to wetting herself.
He doesn't appear to have backup, if he knows who we are then we can't take him, or shouldn't be able to. If he doesn't, then he doesn't think highly of us in which case we MAY be able to take him, but I would doubt it.

We do best at stealth, so lets just go do the talky talky thing for now. Heck he might just be trying to help us kill the other "Doppleganger".

We have plenty of poison and plenty of side arms, ;) , so any combat that comes up in we wil have a fair shot at, until they stick an arrow in our back...
Anna

Post by Anna »

Apologies for the delays. My brain seems to be having trouble booting up properly. I'll have a post up sometime in the next day, though, I'm sure.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

The Immaculate Monk stares down at you, and you just smile with a practised ease and bow formally, "But of course, Brother Almonius." You pluck the name from Joren's memories, and the Monk seems rather surprised, but smiles.

"You put your name down as Tessa on the forms you filled out for renting your home, right? You've only been in town a few days, but I see you're already making certain you know the right people. I'm not sure who told you about me, but I'm glad to see introductions are not in order."

He leads you to a building a short way from the Immaculate Temple, opening a door and gesturing for you to step inside, before coming in after you. There's a desk, some chairs, and some bookshelves, but otherwise the room is rather sparsely furnished. He moves to sit behind the desk, and you take the seat opposite him, "So, I take it you wish to know about my investigation?" You ask, "I'm afraid I've learned very little."

"Ah, neither have we. We do know, however, that there are two killers," He says, frowning, "The general populace seems willing to believe there's only one, and we're encouraging that belief, but there are large differences between the crime scenes for each."

You barely restrain the urge to flinch, your facial features twitching a little, but you nod, maintaining your calm, professional façade, "Yes, I was aware of that too."

"I thought as much. You seem like the perceptive sort," He clears his throat, "We believe one of the killers to be an Anathema by the name of Alvier. We're already in the process of hunting him down. We're not sure about the other. To make such claw marks and leave no trace of a body except for a few speckles of blood... well, I suppose it could be some sort of demon that's on the loose, but that doesn't really fit."

"And how can I help?" You ask.

"Well, I was merely going to request that you might cooperate with us. Sharing information is important, so if you can give us information that helps us track down or identify either killer, we'd be grateful." He smiles, "Of course, we'd also be willing to compensate you for your efforts."

"Would you share information with me?" You ask seriously.

He frowns, but nods his head, "We'll share any important details with you. So, are these terms acceptable?"

From what you've gathered, he's in charge of the group that are hunting down the killers. There's a benefit to working alongside him, if only the fact it would throw suspicion away from yourself, but at the same time, you're both alone in this room, and the walls are thick. You could potentially kill him right here and he wouldn't see it coming until it was too late. Or you could simply turn down his offer, and either continue investigating on your own or cease your investigation in favour of resuming your nightly murderous activities.

What would you like to do?
Quality Control Enforcer