Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

Post by Arcalane »

Presence good, yes.

Why does the Spider have Presence 3? Exalted is so weird sometimes.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Arcalane wrote:Presence good, yes.

Why does the Spider have Presence 3? Exalted is so weird sometimes.
Because it's scary
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Chiiro wrote:Because it's scary
Unlike you. :3
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Arcalane wrote: Unlike you. :3
But not at all unlike your mother<3
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Agree with the Presence, but when we get there lets try and find out WHY Alvier wants this guy dead. And asking him directly isn't they way to get that information just yet, I don't think he trusts us enough yet by far.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Man, extra limbs would be so cool if we also ate a giant bat so we could convert some of them to bat wings.

But we didn't, so...
Presence 3 is pretty good.
Also liking stealth 3 though...Well...we'll get that and extra limbs once we eat moar spiders.
Never mind we have stealth 2 already. Waste.

And play along for now. We're not exactly in a position to just kill him and eat him yet (and he may be useful beyond that), and it's not like we have anything better to do than kill and eat stuff :P
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

After consuming the spider you feel more... capable of dealing with social interactions. There are little physical changes, but you feel you better understand now how to use body-language and subtle movements to express certain things like honesty and dishonesty, and how to sway people with your arguments.
Ask him for more info, as per previous suggestions, and explain to him that we can't take appearance, voice, and knowledge all at once, and for an advisor it seems like all three would be important. Unless this advisor has two identical sisters, or theres something he's not telling us, we can't really hope to pull this off.
Alvier quietly informs you that the "Advisor" in this instance often doesn't do much talking, and that while the Councillor in question might call her that, in truth she's little more than a courtesan.

Upon asking Alvier why he wants the Councillor dead, he goes quiet for a moment, before starting to tell you a story. He tells you he is a Solar Exalt, a Lawgiver, one of the Chosen of the God called the Unconquered Sun. He and his kind are meant to be rulers of Creation, but thousands of years ago, their servants, the Dragon-Blooded Terrestrial Exalts, betrayed them and cast them down, imprisoning their Celestial Essences for over a thousand years. He goes on to tell how the Dragon-Blooded formed a religion called the Immaculate Faith, which teaches that Solars and others like them, are anathema, foul demons who possess the weak-willed.

This Councillor comes from the Blessed Isle, he tells you, where the Immaculate Order holds sway. He's a popular and charismatic fellow who is slowly converting the populace of Goodharbor to the Immaculate Faith, and imposing the laws of said faith upon the people of the city. He also tells you that this Councillor is himself a Terrestrial Exalt, and if you consume him, he believes your powers will increase dramatically.

"I'm telling you this because I need an ally, Tessa. Kill and eat what you will, though some discretion would be ideal," He says simply, "You help me, and I will help you become more powerful. And if one day you choose to betray me... well, I'm counting on being more useful to you alive rather than in your stomach."

You sense no dishonesty in him. He genuinely believes his goal is just, and apparently doesn't care what methods he has to use to achieve them. On the rest of the trip to Goodharbor, he keeps an eye out for more Giant Spiders, but doesn't manage to find any. He does, however, find a Coral Snake, and encourages you most vehemently to consume it, telling you its venom is some of the most potent that can be found in the East.

Subduing the snake is easy, and then it's just a matter of killing and eating it. Afterwards, you continue on to Goodharbor, entering the city without incident. Alvier splits off to carry out some other task, leaving you to either do as he asks, or whatever else takes your fancy.

Choose one:

Code: Select all

Athletics 1          (Used for acrobatics and feats of strength)
Dodge 4              (Used to avoid attacks)
Martial Arts 3       (Used for hitting stuff)
Resistance 1         (Resistance is used for dealing with sickness and injuries)
Stealth 3            (Used for sneaking)
Survival 2           (Used for foraging, tracking, etc)

3 point Presence Intimidation Specialty
Poison Bite Attack
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

goddamn poison bite D<
Hades
Commander
Commander

Post by Hades »

Take the bite, it should be pretty useful.
Last edited by Hades on Sat May 22, 2010 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Okay, okay. Take the bite. It'll probably give us sweet fangs or something.

Go ahead with his task. A solar is a powerful ally, and I think he's telling the truth. Try to track down and stalk this 'advisor'. We've got a little money left, maybe she's open to a little work on the side. Maybe not, and we'll just have to get her alone by other means. But some observation is in order. Try to avoid parts of the city where your current body would be recognized.

For that matter, use some of that money to get some different clothes if you are still wearing what you took off the person whose skin you are still wearing.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Fangs? That'll do.
Take that poison bite.

Well, this looks like a good path to bigger prey so lets stay on it for the time being.
After consuming the spider you feel more... capable of dealing with social interactions.
lol.
Eating spiders. Good for learning social interactions. :)
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Siber wrote:Okay, okay. Take the bite. It'll probably give us sweet fangs or something.

Go ahead with his task. A solar is a powerful ally, and I think he's telling the truth. Try to track down and stalk this 'advisor'. We've got a little money left, maybe she's open to a little work on the side. Maybe not, and we'll just have to get her alone by other means. But some observation is in order. Try to avoid parts of the city where your current body would be recognized.

For that matter, use some of that money to get some different clothes if you are still wearing what you took off the person whose skin you are still wearing.
This.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

What Siber said.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

That special and the stealth are tempting, but I have to go for the poison bite too.

Lets go with his plans, for now. Having a weak Ally is often better than being a little more powerful, at worst he can drag you off the battlefield before you get killed. =P

Hunt down the Advisor, stalk her/it until her/it is alone, and consume and become her/it. Poison bite and blade across the throat from behind if possible.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Agree with Siber & Lizzie. Might as well do this and see where it leads.