Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Re: Doppleganger Damacy - Exalted

Post by Jokarun »

I'd take melee 5 with the +2 sword and the distracting breeze charm, its in our best interest to be able to distract people so we can strike with our fangs...
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I say we take Ox-Body Technique x2 and Melée 5. Our Dodge is decent enough for now IMO. We need to be able to take somebody tough down should the need arise.

EDIT: Nnnnnngh it requires Resistance 2. I switch my vote to Melée 5 and First Melée Excellency.
Last edited by STARSTRUCK on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

STARSTRUCK wrote:I say we take Ox-Body Technique x2 and Melée 5. Our Dodge is decent enough for now IMO. We need to be able to take somebody tough down should the need arise.
For the record, some Charms have pre-requisites. Ox-Body does. Ox-Body x2 would require Resistance 2 or more, which the Doppleganger doesn't have, so if you vote for Ox-Body, you have to take Resistance as well.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Melee 5 and Elemental Aspect : Fire

Might as well try to find a charm to light our Daiklave on fire before we smack people with it.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Melee 5 is a no-brainer.

As cool as hurling fireballs would be, I think it's not in our best interests right now.

Lore 3 ought to reveal a ton of useful knowledge to us about the local area, what's going on, Alvier, the monks and more besides. So I agree with Siber and say we should take that. It might facilitate some nice murders later on.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Hades
Commander
Commander

Post by Hades »

Agreed with Verminator, we should take Lore 3 and Melee 5.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Lore 3 and First Stealth Excellency.
Unexpected attacks > higher melee dicepool.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Anna

Post by Anna »

Melee 5 (+2 Sword Specialty) and Lore 3 acquired!

You lie on the bed and sigh contently, closing your eyes. After that meal, for some reason you feel very sleepy. You manage to resist the urge to drift off to sleep and sit up, doing your best to clean away the evidence of your crime. You find a few trinkets and coins, as well as a pair of Red Jade Short Daiklaves, magical blades roughly 3 feet long. You don't really have the motes to spare to attune to them, but fortunately they're rather light, so it's a simple matter to pack them away.

Afterwards, you sit on the bed, looking in the mirror. After eating the last few people, your appearance has altered enough that you no longer look like "Morriah". You might be mistaken for her at first glance, still, but there are enough subtle changes that no one who knows her will think you are her. This will probably work in your favor. Having people mistake you for someone else can cause trouble.

Your mind has filled with the knowledge of the Dragon-Blooded you just ate. His name was Cathak Joren. He was an assassin working for the Immaculate Order, and his orders were to find and kill Alvier. He had been in his mid-twenties, and had been having an affair the Councillor's "Advisor". Well, you think to yourself with a smile, now they've been reunited. In your stomach.

What you do now is up to you. It's still a few hours before noon. If you have a question that you want to check Joren's memories for, just post it in the thread and I'll try my best to answer everyone.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Why does the order want to kill Alvier, y'know, beyond the obvious reasons? Has he done anything to offend the order beyond just being a solar? Why does the order feel the need to send an assassin to kill him when they could just hunt him in the open? How many bubbles are there in a bar of soap? What are this weekend's lottery numbers going to be?
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

I think it's time we find our good friend Alvier and demand that he tell us exactly why we're doing things for him and what his problem with the order is. We're already gotten ourselves involved to the point where it just can't hurt more to know than to not know. Also, we need a news update on mysterious disappearances around town.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Cynsye
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Cynsye »

Why are they sending an assassin rather than a Wyld hunt. Also any information about the local order. Go and have a chat with Alvier about what you have found out. Also.. drop off that daiklaive somewhere you can get your hands on it easily.. it is monumentally unsubtle for general wandering around.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Verminator wrote:Why does the order want to kill Alvier, y'know, beyond the obvious reasons? Has he done anything to offend the order beyond just being a solar?
Cynsye wrote:Why are they sending an assassin rather than a Wyld hunt. Also any information about the local order.
According to Joren's memories, Alvier himself is an assassin, and has been causing a great deal of problems for the Immaculate Order. They haven't had any luck hunting him down, so they called in an assassin to do the trick. Fortunately, you killed Joren just in time. He planned to attack Alvier tonight.
Verminator wrote:How many bubbles are there in a bar of soap? What are this weekend's lottery numbers going to be?
Har har. :P
Chiiro wrote:I think it's time we find our good friend Alvier and demand that he tell us exactly why we're doing things for him and what his problem with the order is. We're already gotten ourselves involved to the point where it just can't hurt more to know than to not know.
Cynsye wrote:Go and have a chat with Alvier about what you have found out.
You have no idea where to find Alvier, or even what he's doing today.
Chiiro wrote:Also, we need a news update on mysterious disappearances around town.
According to Joren's memories, there have been no more bloodied crime scenes found, but several people have gone mysteriously missing over the last few days. The Wyld Hunt has been sent out to search for Fair Folk, who are currently believed to be responsible.
Cynsye wrote:Also.. drop off that daiklaive somewhere you can get your hands on it easily.. it is monumentally unsubtle for general wandering around.
Wait... you want to hide away your best and most powerful weapon right after you went to so much trouble to retrieve it?
Quality Control Enforcer
Cynsye
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Cynsye »

Anna wrote:Wait... you want to hide away your best and most powerful weapon right after you went to so much trouble to retrieve it?
*Shrug* It will probably draw attention.

Well, we can go back to his house at some point and wait for him.. what to do in the meantime though is beyond me XD.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Head back to Alvier's house and wait for him, bring back all the daiklaves you've collected as well. I'm actually far, far more interested in those short daiklaves then the grand daiklave now but might as well bring the big one too. When you get back wait for him to come home, then inform him of your latest kill.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Well then, on that note, people might as well vote on which weapon they want to keep handy:
The Grand Daiklave is more powerful, but it's a huge fucking buster sword. Carrying it will draw attention, but it's not too hard to explain away.

The pair of Short Daiklaves aren't as powerful, but they're fast, swift, accurate weapons, and considering they're only three feet long, they're relatively easy to keep hidden and unlikely to draw much attention.
Quality Control Enforcer