Reclamation - A surreal/fantasy future - Sign ups and OOC!

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

If you want some info on what the world's gonna look like, there's this show called "Life After People".
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Okay fine I revamped my character

Name: [DATA EXPUNGED]
Race: Indeterminate, shares little to no resemblance to existing species
Role/rank: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Physical appearance:
The creature in question is a large, vaguely reptile-like creature of unknown origin. It appears to be extremely intelligent, and was observed to engage in complex communication with various electronic components during attempts to capture it. Its physical body grows and changes very quickly, observed to be able to increase by one cubic foot of mass after consuming enough material. Digestion seems to be aided by a set of filtering gills inside of its nostrils, which are able to remove organic and digestible matter from a liquid solution. This allows it to, if required, hide under extreme depths of liquid while subsisting off of mere plankton.

The creature has been observed to have extremely high strength, speed, and agility when compared to a standard posthuman. It gains energy from anything it ingests, organic or inorganic, and has staggering regenerative capabilities, moving and speaking with an observed 87% of its body destroyed or rotted.

Clothes/armour:
Natural highly adaptive growths. Attempts to pierce its skin with high-caliber ammunition from anti-materiel rifles have resulted in adaptations that are similar to main battle tank-grade explosive-reactive armour in construction.

Weapons:
Natural highly adaptive growths. Birds have been observed attempting to land on its dormant form, which have resulted in large spikes appearing out of some of the harder locations of the creature's carapace and piercing the bird. As well, it has been observed to simply physically deconstruct any and all mechanical targets that have been used against it. Even aircraft that have attempted to bomb the creature have been met with untimely end as the creature formed a [DATA EXPUNGED] and launched it at the aircraft with an explosive yield of approximately [DATA EXPUNGED].

Abilities:
Natural highly adaptive growths for any and all situations.

Personality:
It also appears to have a hatred of all life, which has been expressed during any and all attempts to capture and/or interact with the creature.

Short Bio/history:
[DATA EXPUNGED]
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Another joke?
But the same sort of joke?
Bah.

Around 100 - 150 ish years, all good. Most signs are faded but some, especially ones that are shaded survive, there is still a lot of rubble around and plants are only just overgrowing the edges of cities, however grass had cracked most roads and grows up from those cracks.
Savaging in low population areas can be quite profitable, trade runs usually contain food and other basics of life, few luxuries are brought right yet.

About what you had in mind?
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Apologies for late post, wasn't sure about continuing it. I've altered first post to incorperate multiple changes we've talked over. Alpha's bio is approved, spifftastic.

If Ara's new bio is a joke, pretty bad one. I'm sure I've explained what is wanted in the first page, and again on the second page. Otherwise, just no. Moving on, around 100 to 50 more, yah, pretty much all that you said Silver. Specifically on the frontpage, I've added those images as [1/2]' links beside their relavent names.

Still open people, still accepting players. We got three so far, a few more and I'll work on an opening post.
Last edited by Dragontear on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Cool looks like this game will get up and running as soon as we get some more players.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Would you accept a small-ish dragon with an 88-mm flak cannon?

It's less OPed than that [DATA EXPUNGED] :D

EDITED BY O5-6[/b]
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Hmm i'll join in..

Name: B.A.S Blight Anti-personal Suit
Race: Mechanical
Role/rank: Heavy support/gunsmith

Physical appearance: Around 1.5meters tall with hydraulic actuators on his arm to swing the hammer and a armored helmet connected to a odd looking divesuit around the persons head with subtle yellow highlights, with fuel cells on the back. With lots of wires leading from it.

Clothes/armour: light titanium plates fused to his dive-suit with crude welds. But these plates slightly increase vulnerability to magic because of conductivity. The actuators look like gear thing with pistons and have a small amount of armor.

Weapons: The B.A.S is self equipped with a hydraulic accelerator arm that can be used to lit heavy stuff or swing stuff with great speed. Its main weapon is a unique hammer that swings down with a hydraulic arm strong and fast enough to burst through solid steel and also has unique magic tip that creates super heated plasma at the end to melt stuff. Secondary weapons include a standard repeater gun that is a modified springfield rifle that he attached to the suit when found he also modified the gun to make it slightly more accurate and able to fire faster.

Abilities: As a last resort the B.A.S can self detonate its fuel cells wiping out everything within a 1mile radius (obvious disadvantage). Its most powerful ability is a magnetic hinderer (strong e.m burst) that makes all warheads/explosives inoperative cause it screws their electronic detonators up (if they have it). But this leaves the B.A.M extremely vulnerable.

Personality: People describe the B.A.S as a highly authoritative figure with a harsh attitude, but is also protecting and caring at the same time. not much else is known about he B.A.S other than its relatively low intelligence. But has a good know-how of fire arms

Short Bio/history: The B.A.S was a experimental underwater trooper with a heavily armored dive suit, a extremely strong "mutant" affected by the magic donned the suit after he found it in a warehouse after modifying it with a hydraulic hammer and making himself a gun along with a radiation emitter he now calls him self "Big Man" DATA CLASSIFIED TERMINATING -end-

other info B.A.S is surprisingly agile due the heavy suit but the extremely strong mutant makes it relatively easy to use it but has good marksmanship.
Ok I'm gonna argue the technology here, the 50s did use nuclear tech and they could of gotten a nuclear reactor down small enough with the right design. Also a a armor suit is relatively realistic if you have enough power to make hydraulic actuators move its plausible. And since apparently there is magic and shit i would like to believe that properties of certain elements have been changed. The coil-gun is basically some capacitors and electromagnets with a bit extra highly feasible back then.
Ok made it more realistic btw coilgun technology was feasible back then, and the I.P.W.N is based off the neutron bomb

Edit: again :D Ok made it plausible.

MOAR EDIT: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1275/130 ... 8bbe43.jpg imagine it something like this.

Now hes a underwater trooper

Edit: 999

Edit: I hear edit police
Last edited by Homer on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 am, edited 16 times in total.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Maybe it's just me, I seem to be over-reacting or ending up as the butt of sarcasm or something, but I was hoping to create a situation for creatures that aren't all mega death machines, organic or not.

Take me seriously please, I didn't put the effort into making this just to waste time with people who seem not to read the rules. It's 1950's, technology was not accelerated, I could go on and on. If you want examples, my bio, Alpha's and Silver's bios, something like that.

Onwards, now typing up an entry post. Bit of a doozy.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Seeing as the IC thread is getting abit of OOC in it may I remind you guys that this thread is for the OOC, where we can praise and criticize each others posts.

If you could remove your OOC posts and re-post them in here that would be good.

@ Alpha - You might want to add a bit more meat to your story, make your character walk a bit longer or something. We don't need to all arrive at the mall on the same day. And also a few of the people at the Mall would have psychic powers around the level of your own characters.
But also if your characters got such powerful psych abilities you should tone down all physical ones, to that of a standard human.

@ Homer - Mechs are a no no but you could instead create a character with a highly developed exo-skeleton, making him highly resistant to physical damage, he could also have reduced mental facilities and almost no psychic or magical protection. In return you could make him extremely strong, ie. lifts up cars with only a small effort, and most of that efforts about keeping it balanced. Make him a far bit slower due to his increased bulk, and you would have a character thats getting towards balanced.
Trained as a porter, he could be walking along carrying the equipment of someone else, or he could have escaped from that life.

If all the characters are balanced against each other and each have either a single main strength or a jack-of-all-trades thing going on then we can form an efficient group and work well as a team.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

@Silver if you look at my updated thing I did make it like a integrated suit fused with the human and he is also stronger due to some mechanical pluses like actuator so he can stand. Though he is slow and has decreased intelligence.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

@ Homer - Remember this is 1950's tech with no acceleration, according to the intro page.
That is why a radio transmitter/receiver is a good find. It also helps keep things simple, no computerized doors and stuff, no really big skyscrapers, and no modern weapons that can kill a man without having to see him.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

You says you wanted a medic?
I maek dragon healer.

Name: Sara S'talis Vanses
Race: Mutated Human Anthromorph/Sauriod
Role/rank: Civilian Healer/Mage, Ex-Healer/Priestess

Physical appearance:
A humanoid lizard anthromorph (a human-shaped body with scales and a tail) , Sara posses a rare trait amongst her clan - a pair of wings. She is 5'3''. Her scales can change color, being either sand-colored, or pitch black. The scales are highly resistant to radiation, though only moderately resistant to heat and physical damage. Each hand and foot is a four-fingered claw. She also has medium-length red hair and orangeish eyes that glow in the dark. A large, red, tatoo covers her right arm, from her wrist to her shoulder, marking a slave of a Storm Raiders.

Clothes/armour:
- Reaper Cloak: a full-body cloak with a hood she stole when she fled the Storm Raider camp. It was enchanted to be immune to fire and fire magic, and coverts cutting or piercing force to blunt trauma (ie. a hit from a sword feels like a hit from a heavy club).
(Full Body) (Some Protection) (Blocks Fire/Fire Magic, Converts Cutting or Piercing damage into Clubbing damage)

- Chains: Your standard slave/prisoner chains. partially cut apart. The shackles provides some protection for the wrists. The Chain remains attached to one side and can be taken off to say, help bind a splint in a pinch. She also wears a 'belt' of chains around her waist.
(Accessory) (Almost No Protection) (No Bonuses)

- Amulet Seal: A seal for the Cataclysm Burst. Projects an aura that impedes the neural parasite, slowing its progression, and slowly reversing it if Sara doesn't use her fire magic. If the seal is destroyed (or taken off), the full curse will manifest much more rapidly.
(Accessory) (No Protection) (No Bonuses, but keeps her alive and sane.)

- Robes: Slave robes from a Raider camp. Your run-off-the-mill slave clothing.
(Top/Pants) (Very Weak Protection) (No Bonuses)

-Pack: Carries stuff, mostly food and water, but is wanting to be filled with some medical equipment!
(Accessory) (Almost No Protection) (No Bonuses)

Weapons:
- Claw Blade, stolen from the raider camp as she fled. Fits over her left hand and basically acts as an extension of her claws. Increases range, cutting and crushing power. They can retract so they don't impede normal claw use. Can also be used like scissors to cut bandages, amputate infected limbs, etc. Fire magic takes care of sterilization.
(Melee) (Cutting Damage) (No Bonuses)

Abilities:
- Medical Training (Learned): Sara has been taught first aid. She knows how to treat most non-fatal injuries.

- Flight (Natural/Racial): Sara has a wings (wingspam ~3m) so she can fly for short distances. She can't carry another person while flying however. Her wings can be folded up so that they can be hidden under her cloak. In flight, the wings are very vulnerable against most forms of damage.

- Metabolic Boost (Magical/Racial): Zerglings' movement speed is greatly improved. (Uses low-level fire magic to increase body metabolism to provide additional strength/speed temporarily. Needed for flying. Becomes unconscious after prolonged use, merely tired after short uses.)

- Healing (Magical/Racial): Originally trained as a priestess/healer since she was a child, she learned the healing spells of her clan. Healing projects life force into a wound to make it heal rapidly, but tires out the healer quickly.

- Fireballs (Magical/Racial): As with all members of her clan with wings (and therefore magical ability), she can shoot fireballs and do other fire magic, but has not been trained as she was trained to be a healer, so her knowledge is basic.

- Cataclysm Burst (Magical - "Curse"/Neural Parasite): A "curse" effect produced by an internal parasite introduced by the Storm Raiders while she was prisoner. The parasite taps into her brain and amplifies her fire magic power, but erodes her sanity while doing so (it attempts to take over). Eventually, if she overuses fire magic, or if her amulet is destroyed, she will go completely insane and burn herself along with everything around her in a suicidal explosion. The raiders intended to use her as a living bomb by throwing her into the middle of an enemy camp then destroying the seal. Sara does not know much about this, as the raiders never bothered to inform her of it. All she know is that she mustn't damage or take off the amulet.

Personality:
Sara is very reclusive and is generally afraid of strangers due to the traumatic experiences she has witnessed/experienced while being a slave under the raiders. To others, she appears shy, quiet, and withdrawn. She is also very attuned to other people's suffering and would attempt to help them if possible. She is like this 99% of the time.
The parasite occasionally influences her personality, turning her into a sadist that tries to purge her negative memories and emotions by inflicting pain on others. She is like this 1% of the time, usually when in intense fear or when reminded of the time her tribe was annihilated (basically, if she sees another massacre).
She dislikes seeing death and possesses an extreme fear/dislike of raider groups. She will not attempt to kill willingly, though anything goes if she's going crazy.

Short Bio/history:
Born into a clan/tribe of other lizard anthromorphs, the fact that she possesses the rare trait of having wings, and hence being able to fly, she was chosen to be a priestess and healer for her tribe since basically the time she was born.
When she was 12, a group of raiders know as the Storm Raiders attacked her tribe's village and killed almost everyone she knew, including her parents, and basically everyone she didn't know. The raiders took a number of priests and priestesses from the tribe as slaves, noting their magical ability, and intended to use them to gain an upper hand against rival groups. She has lived as a slave of the raiders for four years, watching the few people from her tribe still left die off one by one due to beatings and overwork.
The Storm Raiders were attacked by a rival raider group on night, and in the confusion, she slipped away from the camp taking with her the enchanted cloak, the claw blade, some supplies, and ran off into the night, eventually coming upon the mall.
The details of that are probably best explained through IC.

---

So...how was that?

Edit: Fleshed it out a bit more. Tried to reduce the pure magic of it by turning the curse into a neural parasite.
Last edited by Droid on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Cool character, might want to add a cooling effect to the curse. Like having it get worse as you use fire magic, but slowly get better after a period of non-use of her fire abilities.

But still looks balanced, some powerful abilities but a good amount of bad there to even it out.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

>.> My thing is realistic a electric motor uses electromagnet things so therefore I can have a coilgun. and a small reactor is possible with uranium pellets that heat water to create steam that charges capacitors. SO just primitive tech. And lets just say magic made him live. And the E.M burst can be generated by something like a very powerful burst of magnetic something(Magic) And the radiation emitters just release radioactive dust with a small poof of air. And the 15mm gun is obviously realistic. The suit is just like a highly evolved form of the trench armor used in WWI which was just heavy metal suits. Just make it with stronger metal and then use actuators which is like a hydraulic motor. This Suit is highly probable just not useful in war but magic made it better.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Homer wrote:and a small reactor is possible with uranium pellets that heat water to create steam that charges capacitors.
lolwut? Please tell me how you are using a radioactive rock to boil water. And then elaborate on how you are charging capacitors with steam.

Nuclear power plants operate by taking something like uranium and bombarding it with subatomic particles (generally neutrons). This causes the nuclei of the uranium atoms to split, producing more neutrons which break more nuclei which produce more neutrons-- and so on, and so forth. This produces lots of energy. It is this energy, not the energy from radioactive decay (which is quite minimal in comparison) that is used to heat water. The water boils and the steam is channeled through pipes to a turbine which spins coils wire (conductors) in a magnetic field. This produces electricity in a process known as electromagnetic induction.

So no, using rocks to boil water into steam which in turn charges capacitors used to fire a coilgun is not "primitive tech." It's nonsense. Try solar panels.