WAINSBOROUGH LIVES! IRC RPG. Details and Sign-Up.

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

WAINSBOROUGH LIVES! IRC RPG. Details and Sign-Up.

Post by Anna »

All right, a while ago I ran a Survival Horror RP called Wainsborough. In some ways it was great fun, and in other ways it was an unprecedented disaster. I've decided to start over. Start fresh. It will still be called "Wainsborough", and it will still be set in a town called Wainsborough. Other than that, it will be a complete reboot. The events of the previous RP never happened, and are effectively part of an alternate continuity.

This is largely because I made a few mistakes last time, and my player characters mostly wandered off aimlessly with no sense of direction. Probably because they never listened to ANY DAMN THING I SAID UNLESS I FORCED IT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Ahem. Anyway, so for a new RP, I need new players. I'm hoping to get some of the old gang (Siber, Aralonia, Lizzie and Muug) to join, but others are welcome to join. People who played previously can submit their old characters, or create new ones. It's up to them.

CHARACTER CREATION RULES.

A few guidelines for character creation: No military officers, preferably no police officers, although this can work if you submit a REALLY good character. Ideally, regular civilians will make the best characters, and will be more likely to be accepted. Age can range from thirteen upwards. Your character can be a person from somewhere else, who's passing through Wainsborough, but I'd prefer if at least half the PCs were people who lived in Wainsborough.

Characters submissions are to be made IN THIS THREAD. And in the following format:

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Assorted physical information:
Brief bio:
Skills/Hobbies:
Quirks:
Personality:
Phobias/Fears:
Family and friends:
Misc:

Details such as when we'll meet will be fleshed out once I know who wants to join, and what time best suits them. People who have questions can ask them here, but are more likely to recieve a rapid response by joining #Wainsborough on IRC at irc.rizon.com.

If you don't know what IRC is, look it up. If you don't know how to use it... you depress me with your ignorance.

----------------------

Players:
  • Siber - Gabriel Smith
  • Lizzie - Belle Ashford
  • Aralonia - Marie/Miri Hawke
  • Muug - Seolla Andrews
  • Swamp Fox - John Doe Jr.
  • Mochi - Emi Yukimura
  • Droid - Trevor Niels
Non-player Characters of Note:
  • Michelle, Seolla's best friend
  • Zeke, black youth. The only person currently armed with a useful weapon. Prone to wasting what little ammunition he has and swearing a lot.
  • <s>Andy, elderly janitor/repairman type.</s> - DECEASED
  • Amy. Her friend's face fell off.
Banned From Participation:
  • Lightstriker - Throwing pebbles, and falling asleep during a session
  • MelvinVM - Just think about it for a moment.
Last edited by Anna on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

I'm game,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Gerard Asher

Weight: 230

Height: 6' 3"

Physical info:Short dark brown hair, green eyes. Muscular,
heavily built, but by no means fat.

Bio: A successful businessman from Chicago, born in a small
town in Michigan. When he was 12 years old, his mother died
of an untreated spider bite and his father took to
drinking. Gerard couldn't stand to be around the drunkard,
so he had him taken to rehab, and Gerard lived with his
aunt and uncle until he was 17. He then moved out and had a
series of odd-jobs until he had enough money to start a
landscaping business. He managed it well and it steadily
got larger. His company became the top landscaping business
in central Illinois. He is in Wainsborough visiting his rehabilitated father, who moved to Wainsborough after getting out of rehab.

Skills/Hobbies: Gerard enjoys gardening, cooking, home
improvement, and the occasional cookout football game. He
also has 4 years of classical piano training that he
received from his aunt, though his business leaves little
time for this. Also took a few shooting lessons when he was
24 (is this allowed, or is it just too cliche?).

Quirks: Gerard is a hardcore perfectionist. This sometimes
gets on his friends nerves.

Personality: Very mild mannered and polite. Despite his
successful business, he does everything he can not to be
arrogant, as it can piss off his customers. Given his mild
personality, he does a good job at this. He is very quiet
most of the time, and can't stand it when people insist on
babbling at him for minutes on end. He hates it when people
needlessly keep him on the phone, elaborating on their
points more than is necessary, but due to his politeness,
he feels like a complete douche when he has to hang up on
someone while they are talking.

Phobias: Losing loved ones (close friends, family, etc). He
decided from the moment his mother died that he hated the
feeling, as most people do. He tends to dote over people he
cares about, which can get annoying. Naturally, he also
hates spiders.

Family/Friends: His aunt Libby, uncle Wil are the closest
thing he has to parents. His best friend and business
partner's name is Westly Barnes. Gerard has had several
girlfriends over the years, but is currently single.

Misc: (Not sure what to put here...)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this good?
Last edited by Isu on Sun May 10, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Alright, alright, since you asked nicely. Same time, or is that going to change? Much fun as J was, most of that came from the psychoses he picked up, which would be gone in a reboot. I've got some ideas simmering already, I'll post something concrete when I've got it

Edit: Also, oh come now. As players it's our job to force you to improvise new ways on the fly to railroad us!
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Anna

Post by Anna »

That character submission is actually quite a lot better than what I was expecting to get from... most people except the previous players. Pretty good, Isu. The little bit of firearms training is fine.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Last edited by Aralonia on Thu May 14, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Just adding a character to be sure, upcoming exams take away my ability to assure participation.

Name: Philip MacDermott

Height: 1m78

Weight: 67 kilogramms

Assorted physical information: MacDermott is a fairly weasly person, not a very friendly looking type. He has a thin, angular face with high cheekbones, and small eyes that look like they're constantly trying to guess your thoughts. MacDermott has brown hair that is almost never combed, and his clothing style is at least half a century old.

Brief bio: Coming from an aristocratic family that has lost most of it's fortune over the years, Philip MacDermott is the last noble of Wainsborough and at least a 100 miles around. After the death of his parents, he moved from London back to Wainsborough to claim his once stately inheritance: the MacDermott manor, only to find a barely liveable 19th century estate with little in the way of modern accomodation. Philip is a journalist who writes columns for the Wainsborough Herald, barely making enough for a living, let alone restore his large retreat in the hills that surround Wainsborough.

Skills/Hobbies: Philip is'nt much of a physical force, instead relying on his skills of thought. Fencing was a necessary subject in the expensive private school he was sent to as a boy, and he has gained a moderate degree in it, often seen practicing in the empty gardens of his manor. Other hobbies include scrabble and bridge.

Quirks: Not a very social type, this one. Tends to use overly elaborate vocabulary, at least to keep up appearances of nobility. He is bittered about the declined social status of his family.

Personality: MacDermott is an introvert, who tends to avoid most social contact. He is considered an arrogant wimp by the few Wainsborough residents who have met him.

Phobias/Fears: Severe agoraphobia, as well as fear of heights. He's been known to close all the top floor curtains and windows in MacDermott Manor, out of fear of falling down.

Family and friends: MacDermott has simply no friends in Wainsborough, although he is known to have some acquaintances in London. The remainder of his family, his uncle Richard MacDermott and his younger sister Victoria MacDermott live in Wales and Los Angeles respectively.

Misc: To be added, provided that I think of some.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna

Post by Anna »

Accepted. I need moar guys. MOAR.
Quality Control Enforcer
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Name: Gabriel Smith
Height: 6ft 6in
Weight: healthy
Assorted physical information: Short black hair, brown eyes, generally very well groomed
Brief bio: Gabe is the nice guy who finishes last. He is generally very intelligent and personable, and will always try to believe the best of anyone he meets, even if there is evidence to the contrary. He's lived in Wainsborough all his life, and is planning to go to college nearby very soon. Still lives with his parents and younger sister.
Skills/Hobbies: An aspiring painter.
Quirks: See bio
Personality: See bio
Phobias/Fears: OH JESUS IT'S A FUCKING SPIDER SOMEBODY KILL IT
Family and friends: Aside from his two parents and younger sister, he has 'friends' throughout Wains. Unfortunately they're mostly people who have figured out he can be taken advantage of quite easily. His one true friend is Simon Clark, a fellow native who he's known since elementary school; they even plan on going to the same college. Simon is rather more worldly than Gabe, and tries to look out for his friend as much as possible.
Misc: SERIOUSLY SOMEONE KILL THAT SPIDER ALREADY.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Name: John Doe Jr.

Height: 1.84m

Weight: 70.45kg

Assorted physical information: Green eyes, long blond hair, slim yet strong muscles

Brief bio: Born to John & Jane Doe at 134 Baker Street, London, August 24. Received first high-voltage shock at age 3 when attempting to unplug a pizza oven with a screwdriver. First accidental explosion by microwaving on 6th birthday, 2nd through 59th about 3 hours later. First grounding 3 minutes after that. On his 8th birthday his mother went to work at Area 42, and was never seen again. First exposure to computers and the internet on his 9th birthday. John Sr entered counseling 37 hours afterwards, which left Jr in the house unattended for 2 hours. Carpenters were called the next day for a replacement door, and Jr was deprived of power tools for 5 weeks. His lifestyle continued in this manner until he entered college at age 16. After about a year and a half, he met Lydia Ohmstead through the Weaponized and Modified Devices club. Their joint-effort shuriken-flinging blender soon became the pride of WMD, and the two started dating. After graduation Lydia brought Jr to meet her parents at Ohmstead Manor, just outside the town of Wainsborough.

Skills/Hobbies: Weaponizing everyday items, puzzles & mind-games. Currently trying to figure out how to build a death-ray powerful enough to level the White House, yet portable enough to fit in a jet. Oh, and of course, world domination. While he recognizes that he most likely won't ever conquer more than a small country, he figures it's a good way to kill time. Quite an avid chess player.

Quirks: Classic mad scientist. Always looking for ways to gain an advantage over others.

Personality: John Doe Jr is, quite frankly, a cynical bastard. Halfway through high-school he decided that the world simply couldn't run itself, and thought one day that he might as well take over. Generally suspicious, although he hides it well enough that most people can't tell. There are also some sadistic tendencies.

Phobias/Fears: Dogs. Darkness. Non-existence. Diet soda.

Family and friends: Father => John Doe Sr. Mother => Jane Doe. Girlfriend => Lydia Ohmstead. Best friend => Paul Burns. Nemesis => Homer R Simpson.

Misc: Loves bagels and lox. Thinks fedoras are the most awesome hat to be invented. Wants to dissect politicians to see how they tick. Will kill for good seafood.
Last edited by Swamp Fox on Sat May 16, 2009 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Lol siber our characters both have arachnophobia, I'm sure they will be good friends... and god your tall!

(edit: sorry that was a completely corny and pointless post...)
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Name: Belle Ashford

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Weight: Petite.

Assorted physical information: Long, straight, below shoulder length, light brown hair. Brown eyes. Well groomed.

Brief bio:
A junior in highschool (11th grade). She's a sweet girl but it seems luck isn't kind to her in any form, most obviously in the fact that she's always finding some way to hurt herself on accident. She is of above-average intelligence but it's nothing that impressive. Average family and friends. Doesn't like to fight but isn't against it should it prove necessary, so she's fairly meek. Nothing else especially notable about her life though.

Skills/Hobbies: VERY GOOD with first-aid because she's always hurting herself on accident.

Quirks: Very, very, very clumsy. Pretty fuckin' short. Usually has a couple of band-aids on her from injuries sustained from clumsiness.

Personality:
See Bio.

Phobias/Fears:
Needles and sharp objects. OH GOD POINTY THINGS GET THEM AWAAAAAAAAAY! Cracks in the road/sidewalks that people can trip over.

Family and friends: Mother & father (Patrick Ashford & Angelia Ashford), 2 sisters (Jessica & Katie). 2 Best friends (Paul Burby & Caroline Falks).

Misc: Should start with a small first-aid package in her purse.
Last edited by Lizzie on Fri May 15, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Lizzie wrote:Name: Belle Ashford

Quirks: Very, very, very clumsy. Pretty fuckin' short. Usually has a couple of band-aids on her from injuries sustained from clumsiness.

Phobias/Fears:
Needles and sharp objects. OH GOD POINTY THINGS GOT THEM AWAAAAAAAAAY! Cracks in the road/sidewalks that people can trip over.

That said, I'm considering doing a bit of playing around with Miri's character bio. Making her a bit more mellow for this time around...

oh yeah, also
http://daniel.hawking.googlepages.com/emiyukimuraplaceholder <-- Emi Yukimura, played by Mochi

Anyways - additional character modifications for myself? Miri is now a fencer. Rapier user, actually. Something other than a bow this time. Definitely a light sword of some sort. Sorta fits the new personality twitches I'm going to put on... also I'm too lazy to modify the profile because that's the character base.
Last edited by Aralonia on Fri May 15, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Name: Seolla Andrews
Birthday: April 2
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 52 kg
3 sizes: B85/W56/H88

Assorted physical information: Pale white skin, bright red hair, blue eyes, moderately large chest, glasses, typically in hiphugging jeans and a sweater, loose tank-top in warmer areas, typical casual girl stuff. Fairly attractive. Does not have much strength, only limited strength in limited ways due to her pastime in gymnastics. Nearsighted, but isn't totally blind at medium-far distances. Can't read very far without glasses, however.

Brief bio: Honor student and role model at Wainsborough High School, one of the more popular students there. Is idolized by many, yet has few friends, many acquaintances. Best friend, and only close friend, is Michelle Hunter. Michelle is the only person aside from family (Seolla is a single child) who knows her actual personality. Is single and has never had a boyfriend, not for lack of offers, but for lack of offers from people she's interested in. Her past is fairly unremarkable, typical run of the mill life. Is on good terms with parents.

Skills/Hobbies: Up until last year, she was active in practicing and competing in gymnastics, and was a fairly good gymnast. Won several medals in regional competitions. She finally quit because, to her embarrassment, her chest finally developed enough to get in the way of her gymnastic activity. She still retains the physique, technique, flexibility, and abilities of a gymnast, however. Has a semi-secret hobby that falls more under a quirk. Is competent in first aid, partly from gymnastics, partly due to sheer interest.

Quirks: Is pretty energetic, but her oddest quirk by far is her fanatic devotion to mecha and related things. Room is filled all over with built and painted gundam/mecha models, and a workspace for building more. Loves anything with robots or similar things(for example, tokuranger-type shows and Kamen Rider) Has a bookshelf filled with DVDs with mecha animes, sci-fi movies, many video games, and sci-fi novels. Pretty much the stereotypical Super Robot fan, which of course is completely contradictory to how everyone perceives her at school.

Personality: Quiet, reserved, yet friendly and polite in public, willing to help others but usually keeping somewhat to herself. In private, an energetic girl who loves to move about, shouting random things on a whim, and engaging in lewd jokes.

Phobias/Fears: Has no qualms with high places or swimming due to gymnastic training, but gets unsettled in enclosed dark places, like underground areas. Hates cobwebs and crawly things, but doesn't mind muck too much.

Family and Friends: Michelle Hunter, standard mother/father affair, single child, not going to bother to put too much into the parents just so you can slaughter them, Anna.

Misc: Is very good with detailed work and fine movements due to model building. Has competent computer skills, but aside from mastering the standard GUI (which honestly is more than most) isn't really skilled. Has a license, but no car. Knows a spattering of Japanese, is fairly fluent in reading Katakana, can read (but not understand) written hiragana, and only knows a handful of kanji. This isn't the result of more than introductory classes, but merely her picking up things from such high exposure on model instructions and packaging, websites written in Japanese, playing games in Japanese, and of course, watching subtitled shows.

RECYCLED? WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN?
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Name: Tony Andrews
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 15 st
Assorted physical information: Large, muscular, bald, generally physically powerful. Think Jason Statham.
Brief bio: A mechanic at a garage in Wainsborough, Tony is bitter about never really having achieved anything in life. He sees Wainsborough as an unexciting place and wishes to leave and make a living and perhaps a career someplace more glamourous. As it is, he is stuck in a low-paying manual job, has issues with drink as well as a short temper.
Skills/Hobbies: He's a perfectly able mechanic. Give him something broken, chances are he'll be able to fix it. Plus, he has gotten in plenty of bar fights in the past. He hasn't lost one yet, and occasionally takes part in amateur boxing fights. He hasn't lost any of them either.
Quirks: Sometimes instead of fixing a broken machine, he hits it. Miraculously, this sometimes causes it to work again. His few friends sometimes call him "the Fonz", a nickname he resents. A few black eyes have wandered Wainsborough thanks to the overuse of this nickname. Alcoholic tendencies, particularly when worried or depressed.
Personality: Short fuse. Undiplomatic. Liable to answer with his fists sooner than his mouth.
Phobias/Fears: Fear of the dark, especially being alone in the dark. His biggest phobia is of creatures with no visible eyes. He once watched Alien and had bad nightmares for weeks afterwards. Even documentaries about blind cave fish or jellyfish or even earthworms make him rather uneasy.
Family and friends: Few. Both his parents were lost to illness not too long after he left home, and his personality makes him few friends. Still, he has a few trustworthy friends at the garage and at the bar, and his greatest confidant is the bartender.
Misc: Ummmm... likes his steaks medium rare? Once nearly choked on a pretzel? Nothing to say that hasn't already been said, really.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Aralonia wrote:Rapier user, actually.
I can't read that without thinking 'rape'. Does this make me a bad person?

Also, any news on times? I'd like to sign up, but I might end up like last time, so yeah.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]