WAINSBOROUGH LIVES! IRC RPG. Details and Sign-Up.

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

I, too, am hesitant to sign up due to the question "when?".
I remember last time this thing ran at like 3 AM on wednesdays for me and that was what kept me away, considering I have things to do during the day. =o
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The time and date for Wains has been sorted. It's at 0:00 GMT, on Friday. That's 10 am Friday, for those of us in Eastern Australia. For those in America, that's Thursday, 4pm Pacific, 6pm Central, 7pm Eastern.

Post in the thread if you can make it. If you can't, let me know, and I'll cross you off.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

I'll be lookin forward to it, i'll try to remember... ugh, need to get an IRC client cause the freakin website won't work.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Yeah, okay. I'm not gonna be in this. Times would be 1:00 a.m for me, in an exam period. No gig I'm afraid. Sawry :/
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

first session, araversion

http://pastebin.com/f69432fb5
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Well, looks like fun. Sorry I missed that session, I had obscene amounts of registration forms dumped on me that day. Unless something huge comes out of the blue I should be able to make it to the others though.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Anna

Post by Anna »

Wainsborough is STILL accepting new players and characters. If you can't be bothered making your own character, but still wish to join, I could be convinced to part with one of the NPC characters, such as Zeke or Amy.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

After reading that whole thing I'm interested.
Now the problem is not making failcharacter and remembering to come on...

Name: Trevor Niels
Height: 1.80 meters
Weight: 54 kg
Assorted physical information: Thin, rather physically weak, uncombed hair, perpetually looks tired as he stays up most nights gaming.
Brief bio: Trevor lives alone in an apartment in Wainsborough after having an argument with his family, who lives in a nearby city. Although he is supposedly attending the local college, he often skips class and stays at home playing various MMORPGs, FPSes and RTSes, lurking on forums and chatrooms, and modding games. He is quick-witted and although he doesn't attend class, does well on tests (the only thing he goes to class for), as he reads up on the curriculum at home. Though can think things through quickly in his head, he is very bad at communicating his thoughts with the rest of the world away from the computer. His lack of attendance throughout his life means he has no real friends.
Skills/Hobbies: Hacking computers, cracking passwords, programming with computers. Well acquainted
Quirks: Antisocial, stammers slightly out of nervousness when talking to strangers, unacquainted with relationships. Likes playing computer games and watching anime, and buys a lot of merchandise piled messily in his small room.
Personality: An introvert. Antisocial. Cowardly. Not good with communicating with other people.
Phobias/Fears: Irrational fear of crowds and strangers - doesn't like to get noticed. Afraid of speaking in public.
Family and friends: Parents live in a separate town, and he is not on good terms with them. Only family member that visits him is his older sister, Nicole Niels, though he does not like her visits, finding her more of a bother.
Misc: Carries around a tazer for self-defense against thugs, though he has never used it before.

Severely based off someone from somewhere, but oh well.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Is it too late to join?
If not then...

Name: James-Andrew Wright
Height: 6'2" about 183 cm
Weight: 161 lb about 73 Kg

Assorted physical information: Tall and lanky and pale, lacking in any real physical strength, and has little in the way of physical fitness. He has dark, uncontrollable hair a shade between really dark brown and black.

Brief bio: James was born on the 14th of August 19 years ago. The only child of his parents Kate and Ron Wright are middle class and both work for a living, meaning that James had alot of time by himself and spent most of it playing video games and reading fantasy books.

He was a loner at school and had little self confidence in dealing with other people. However he excelled in Mathematics and the Sciences and was often used by the more popular, but lazier and stupider kids at primary and secondary school, this lead him to feel alone in the world and to stop caring about the people around him.

In 6th form he met a girl Cynthia Robertson in whom he found a friend and companionship, eventually he and her fell in love and became a couple at the end of 6th form. The two are still together and are planning on getting married someday soon.

After school he got a job at the local McDonalds restaurant and made a few friends among his workmates, he often makes unadvised purchases with his money, like a replica longsword, which although it has been sharpened is rather dull and unsuitable for any real combat.

Skills/Hobbies: Computer Geek - Can fix almost any problem on a computer and hack most any basic system defenses on a real OS and any defenses on a Windows machine.
Gamer - Has killer mouse skills on a computer, and knows the tactics and combat maneuvers that fit in any given situation.
Math Wizz - Can do most simple calculations in his head and many of the more complex ones on paper in a short time.
Science Geek - Knows chemistry and physics well, can create some homemade explosives with simple chemicals found in the house.
Weak - Can't lift more than 70 kg off the ground, nor more than 30 kg above his head.
Unfit - Can't keep up any strenuous activity for long, sprinting is limited to about 200 meters before he gets too exhausted to run any longer.
High Metabolism - He processes food fast and efficiently, regains his energy levels quickly, but requires more food than normal to keep him from being hungry.

Quirks: Once he gets into a fight, it is nigh impossible to stop him from at least attempting to deliver a fatal blow, lives of others don't mean much to him. Unless of course they are the lives of those he considers friends, which are few.
He hasn't got a driver's license as he sees no point in having one, he can walk to where ever he needs to be, or ride a bike if its a distance away.

Personality: A pessimistic loner, James is not known to get into fights easily, but when he does, he takes no prisoners. He doesn't trust those people who are popular and makes no effort to befriend someone who he feels he can't trust.

Phobias/Fears: Losing his Girlfriend, to anything.
Heights, he can't jump from a height of more than half a meter, nor can he climb anything without being absolutely sure that he can make it to the top without falling.

Family and friends: His parents are still together, he is an only child. He isn't close to any of his cousins. He has few real friends.
Kate Wright - Mother
Ron Wright - Father
Cynthia Robertson - Girlfriend

Misc: Known as the "JAW" at school, a nickname taken from his initials. Has a large collection of replica swords which could make effective weapons if need be. But he doesn't carry them around with him.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Silverware wrote:Is it too late to join?
Sadly, Wainsborough died because too few players actually showed up for the sessions.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Dude. Last post June 05. If you got tossed out of Exalted, I can bet you have even smaller chances at this.

Nevermind the fact that, as SF says, it's not even running any more.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna

Post by Anna »

God damnit Silverware. God damn it, and god damn you. :x

Thread locked.
Quality Control Enforcer