Succinct Mafia

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Succinct Mafia

Post by Deltaflyer »

For those of you who do not know the game:

The game is played by a group of people, each playing the role of either a murdering mafia member or an innocent townsperson, (they may or may not have 'powers', an example of this would be the cop, as the cop can investigate a player during the night phase, to determine their alignment) along with a game moderator. At the beginning of the game, night falls, and the mafia family members become aware of each other (by communication from the moderator). They then choose a victim, and the moderator announces the death scene. When day breaks, the town must try to weed out the evil by lynching someone they suspect to be mafia. The game continues, alternating between night and day, until one side is eliminated.

Rules of the Game
- Do not post consecutively aside from errors in your previous post or to clarify something you feel is critical.
- No editing your posts.
- No talking outside the thread about the game, Seiriously. Doing this is an instant modkill.
- No posting during game nights.
- No spectator posts. Period.
- Don't directly quote your role PM. This will result in a modkill.
- Vote using ##Vote: name and ##Unvote: name (with the bold). This is to make it easier for me to count votes.
- PLAY TO WIN.
- There will be no extensions barring a 2-minute autoextend granted on a one-time vote for extension.
- LYLO and potential LYLO will be announced. There will be no time limit on LYLO days.
- There are roles in this game. This is a closed setup.
- Town must lynch. If there is a deadlock at deadline, I will roll a dice to deicide who dies.
- Modkills may result in an instant end of the day phase depending on circumstances and subject to my discretion. Modkills are bad for the game and potentially for both sides. Please don't make them happen.
- All days will be for 48 hours to allow for various timezones to contribute, this will lower the chance of lurking. Nights will last until all participants with night roles have PM'd me with their action.

I shall moderate this game. It will be regular mafia, with no rolemadness, or assorted weirds.

Possible roles:

Vanilla Town,
Cop,
Doc,

Vanilla Mafia,
Mafia Godfather.

I am looking to get around 12-15 people in this game, and would love to get more. And if it catches on, I might run more.

Current signups:

1. Grath
2. Nineteen45
3. AidanAdv
4. Isu
5. HK
6. Normandy
7. Derekiv

Abbreviations:

LYLO = Lynch or Lose. A day when townies MUST lynch scum, otherwise they lose. An example of this would be 3 people remaining in the game, 2 townies and 1 mafia member. If they lynch incorrectly, and the mafia manages to get a townie lynched, the mafia will win. This is because they then have the ability of nightkilling the remaining townie, thus winning the game.

Scum = Mafia member.

Cop = Investigator.

Doc = Doctor.

Are you game for a go at mafia?
Last edited by Deltaflyer on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

Sounds fun to me.
Ninteen45
Commander
Commander

Post by Ninteen45 »

Haven't played these in a while, count me in.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

I'm interested...
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

I'll join... i'll try to be competent and keep up :D
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Bump for hopeful extra applicants. Maybe.

I might be able to run the game with nine people, if I rewrite the set-up a little, so join up now. please?
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Hiya.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Eh. Couldn't hurt.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
deathbal101
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by deathbal101 »

this one is new to me. give me instruction and forgive my stupid mistakes and i will play.
*in-joke*
"The Cake Is A Lie"
- God
// reality = 1
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Sorry, but when the rules are in PLAIN FUCKING VIEW at the top, and you cannot read them, you cannot join.

[/rage]

Anyway, moar signups needed.
deathbal101
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by deathbal101 »

WHERE THE HELL does it state 'NO NOOBS BLARGH!!!!!!!!'
*in-joke*
"The Cake Is A Lie"
- God
// reality = 1
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

deathbal101 wrote:WHERE THE HELL does it state 'NO NOOBS BLARGH!!!!!!!!'
It doesn't.
However, asking for an explanation of the game when one is already present would hint at some degree of ignorance, something that might turn messy in a mafia game.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I guess six players could make for a (very) small mafia game. Are all the people who signed up still willing for a game? If so, I will send out Role PM's after the last reply back that tells me everyone is still in.

And hell, if we get more players, the more the merrier.

P.s, could a moderator please delete the above exchange between myself and Deathbal? Thank you.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

I'm in