nevermind,please lock.

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

nevermind,please lock.

Post by flabort »

OK, those of you who remember me trying to make a combined RP-shipmaking tournament about a year and a half ago will remember it failed horribly. I am not including any ship making this time.

This is an RP involving more than just telling a story. it will involve some math, done mostly by me, and although the players will decide their own actions, the story will be it's own.

actually, I'll be doing this in three threads once i have enough players, if i get enough. this one will become a OOC, I'll have a story thread (IC), and one with all the maps and math(ROOC).

anywho, the rules are this:

the players will sign up by first posting a character name. followed by either one of the BELOW races, or a short description of their own race, if the given races don't match their wants. be warned that custom races do not guarantee you will get in.

an age, a short personality, and a little historical back ground will follow.

they will then pick a model of power armor from a list i will provide when i finish it.

a "turn" consists of the players posting their actions HERE, once play starts. spectators may also post to try to persuade the players, but I may ask them to stop if they get out of hand.

they post direction of travel, and any actions. combat would involve any mathematical formulas i have to use, which will be posted in the "math and maps" thread. armor is divided into 6 (or more, depending on the race) sections, each destroyable separately.

as a back story, the players are part of the United Galaxies Army, an elite squad, sent to investigate the increase of energy outputted by the Betelgeuse system recently, and the disappearance of merchant freighters in the area in the past few months
Last edited by flabort on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Humans(HUE-mans):

Two Legs, Two arms, Two genders, one head, and one similarity between them.
the idiots can barely cobble together passable spaceships, yet they're the most common things in space, not counting atoms. as much variants amongst them as bacteria on their bodies, they are unpredictable, except that they'll probably do something dumb.

(readout: two limbs with feet, one head, two limbs with hands.)

Raa'gunths(RAW-goo-UNTHS):

though the name gives the feeling of power, these are the frailest beings in all of known space. given to utmost rage at anything bigger than them, these guys have developed most of the advanced technology used by the United Galaxies today, the term "today" being relative, of course. their big guns and rockets more than make their powerful name fit the frail beings.

(readout: four limbs with hands, all used for walking; one head)

Anchus(an-CHOOS):

as nosy as their face shows, they can't mind their own business. knuckle walkers bound in muscle, when they sneeze, it's almost as devastating as a missile blast. strong bodies, weak minds, though. with four hands and two feet, though, their gate is a bit amusing to watch. they are very slow to anger, as they are too curiose to care about getting mad

(read out: two limbs with feet, four limbs with hands, and a head dwarfed by it's nose)

Corthuls(CORE-thools):

though a human would say "two heads are better than one", a corthul would complain about how it wished it had only one. not very good at getting along with itself, one head is always a girl, the other a guy. it's guy head is always wanting to use brawns, the girl to use brains. since each only has control of exactly half the body, they cannot communicate silently like most would think, as the two sets of nerves never meet. when they walk, if they are in disagreement as to were they go, they usually end up on their faces.

(readout: four limbs with feet, two limbs with hands, two heads, and two personalities)

more species coming soon! Remember, although i would prefer you use these, you are not limited to using just them!
Last edited by flabort on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Note: power armor has grown advanced enough by this time, that 3 buttons are all it takes to adjust a suit of power armor to any race.

shrunk words are math related.

Buncus 950:

one of the bulkiest models avalible, this suit comes with plenty of cargo space. capable of stopping most kinetic weapons, explosives and plasma don't mix well with this suit. all the better that only really rich guys can afford plasma weapons. comes equipped with a fully automatic R-92 mounted on one arm.

kinetic armor: y=4x/(.5x^3-2x^2+2) damage negotiation
plasma/explosive armor: y=.3x^2+1 damage negotiation
gravity ray armor: y=x/8 damage negotiation
were x is damage dealt, and y is damage taken
hit table:
body: 23 damage takeable
head(s): 18 damage takeable
arms: 16 damage takeable each
legs: 16 damage takeable each

speed: 9 meters per turn
cargo space: 30 units, 300 lbs
weapon:
Fully automatic R-92
range: 34 meters
accuracy: 5 out of .5x^2, were x is distance to target
shots per turn: up to 20.
damage per shot:-x^3+4x^2+4, were x is range
clip size: 60 shots (three turns of straight firing)
clip weight: 0.3 lbs, .1 unit.

Corcune:

for the more paranoid, this thing barely caries anything, but it will block almost anything, short of a gravity manipulation ray. developed by the Raa'Gunths, this has a gun mounted on its back that makes it so if you pretend to tie your shoes, and you fire, the recoil sends you back about three meters. regardless, this is still one of the most mobile suits availible.

kinetic armor: y=x/(2x^3-.5x^2+6)
explosive/plasma armor: y=x/(2x^3-x^2+5)
gravity ray armor: y=x/(2x^3-5x^2-2)
were x= damage dealt, and y= damage taken
hit table:
body: 32 damage takeable
head(s): 28 damage takeable
arms: 24 damage takeable each
legs: 22 damage takeable each

speed: 14 meters per turn
cargo space: 6 units, 80 lbs
weapon:
Raa'tuner cannon
range: 83 meters
accuracy: 10 out of x/5, were x is distance to target
shots per turn: up to 1.
damage per shot:-x^3+10x^2+8, were x is range
recoil: 3 meters per shot
clip size: 2 shots (three turns of straight firing)
clip weight: 1 lb, 1 unit.

More armor coming really soon!
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

:lol:
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

is that critisism? is it a "like to join"? is it a "hey this forum is supposed to be an archive"? is it a spam bot? why did you post just a smily?
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

I don't think anyone would RP anymore in here nowadays.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

oh. well, i've been away for a few months, so the updates make this a whole new game to me. encouraged by progress... maybe a mod could move my new attempt to the hall of shame?
deathbal101
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by deathbal101 »

well... it looks... decent... maybe? i don't know. this isnt HoS material.
*in-joke*
"The Cake Is A Lie"
- God
// reality = 1