The Experiment [IC Thread]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Erin landed elegantly, despite the sudden change in location, drew herself back up to full height and slowly opened her eyes. She looked around in surprise and blinked. Where the hell am I? she thought, thumbing her pulse pistol's safety off. She looked at Rose and waited for him to finish, avoiding Svard's wild knife flailing, and waited for him to finish.

"E-Erin." She stammered, but quickly fought off panic. "Erin Marias." Erin stated, relaxing and taking a step forward, arms folded.

"Lerian Empire No-Doubt-Ex-Pilot-in-Training." She grumbled, adjusting her belt, tail flickering a little. "Not that it seems to matter now..." She went on to describe what had happened only moments before her arrival. The view, the height, the landing pad, the voice, the stars fading, the creeping darkness, the fall.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

View: Daniel Hawking

Daniel looked at Miri, still on the ground, with a sense of pity. Poor girl. Because she's a force user, she probably has some sort of connection to me... That's good. A sense of normality – hah, normality! - in such a twisted world that this is. Regarding the appearance of, in rapid succession, an enviro-suited cat-humanoid, a knife from a crazy Swede – Sweden!? I studied that in Geography class... another bit of normality? – and a long story from the androgynous boy, he was able to think.

“Welcome to our motley crew, Erin. I... really don't know as much as I should where we are, but there you have it. We've been tossed out of existence and into disexistence, which is where I'm assuming we are now.” Daniel turned to Alex. “As for you, you might have missed it. I'm Daniel Hawking, morbidly disgruntled schoolboy. I just thought up where, and I have no idea why you're here too.” He blinked at the gathering energy in Alex's hand. “And put that away before you hurt somebody.

View: Miri Hawke

I know your voice. I know it. I've never met you before. You weren't there in those memories. So why do I know you? “You're not supposed to exist, Daniel Hawking...” Barely noticeably, she leaned her head back down into the street and continued to think.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Scott stood absentmindedly, pinching his arm and paid only faint attention to what went on around him.
Something about introductions and cats... Oh right, introductions. He might as well be polite and give his name since he didn't know how long he'd be sleeping.

"Uuuuh, yeah... I'm Scott. Scott Valentine." He said to nobody in particular, while continously pinching his arm.
"So like... Yeah. Uh. What're we doing here, more precisely?"
He looked at Rose, maybe a bit more than he originally intended to.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Alex stood there, quite angry, looking fron side to side. Then a... girl... possibly... answered him.

"I do believe we just did introductions. I'm Rose, this is Daniel and Miri. We're here because the multiverse is being destroyed and we were somehow spared. Caught up yet? Excellent. Now stop making silly threats and put away your... weapon?"

Basically, the sheer impact of the fact his world had disappeared into thin air stunned him a little. Not only that, but apparently, Rose wasn't a girl. That's a... a boy? Nice, now I have sexual orientation-issues too. On top of it all, a cat had just landed beside them. He was pretty sure he had either gone insane, or this really was a completely new world. He stared in front of him a little, just thinking about everything.

"As for you, you might have missed it. I'm Daniel Hawking, morbidly disgruntled schoolboy. I just thought up where, and I have no idea why you're here too.” Alex blinked at him, caught off guard a little.
"And put that away before you hurt somebody."

He looked at his hand, and noticed the blue cloud around it. Waving it around, it dissipated.

"Yeah, sorry about that. That, uh, wasn't supposed to happen. Anyway, I'm Alexander Cale. Call me Alex. I'm what you'd describe as a..." He thought about it. He'd never given it a name. "I guess you could say I'm a rooftop racer, or some fancy name like that. Yeah." He grinned a little. "Nice to meet you, anyway."

He looked around, taking in his surroundings. "Heh... just like home."
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

View: Miri Hawke

The impression of a boy standing on the roof of a building.
You're not supposed to be there. That's me. Go away, swordsman.
“True... world? You mean to tell me there actually is a world outside of this one?” He stood up as it appeared that all the dust on his form began to float away. “There's a way to get out of this prison?” He started to move forward again, and a cloaked figure fired a particle beam, easily deflected as the boy moved a shield into the way. “Tell me this method! Now!” His other swords appeared in midair, numerous little ones, then leaped at the cloaked figure as if they were magnetically attracted.
Stop it. Get out of my dream. Get out of my memory. You're standing here, now, aren't you? All this room, everywhere I stood, you're taking it over. Why?
The figure was completely unable to counter as the boy raised a hand, lifting the cloaked figure and even the ground he was standing on up into the air, leaving him completely vulnerable to attack.
You... Wedraxn... you weren't good enough, were you? Always so hot-headed, always such a whiner. I beat you, though. I know I beat you.
“Show me how to escape!” The boy took another step forward, blade raised, ready to jump...

Miri awakened again from her prone position and sat on the ground, looking at Daniel.

View: Both

Daniel noticed and looked down. “Oh, hi. How's it going? Doing okay?”

“Why are you in my dreams and memories?” Miri stared at Daniel with a combination of a frown and a look of terror. She stood up and held Daniel's shoulders. “Why? You're not supposed to be there, they're mine!”

Daniel's eyes widened in horror. You're joking. There's no way that this girl... how? How did they...? What happened to me? His mind reeled.

He watched, with great remorse, the loss of his school. Each building was ripped apart into component pieces, shattering away, flying past the boy into the sky, as he turned around, and stared at a dark portal, seeming to pull everything in towards it. He looked upon the portal with a sense of expectation and fear. “That's odd... Why aren't I as afraid as I should be?” He blacked out, but the destruction was not finished.
The ground was torn up by giant, powerful tornadoes, pulling everything up into the sky. Every building was already destroyed, now, the trees, the water, the grass was being pulled into the air, into the dark portal, being scattered across the worlds.
Each part of the school was torn apart, in the midst of the destruction, a single object fell onto the school – a single tear, falling to the ground, from a soul that had already left this world and moved on to the next.

“I... I see, Miri. Then, that means...”
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Erin glances around at the street cautiously, one hand straying towards the holster of her pulse pistol, the other to the handle of her blade. This place reminds me of the old cities, she thought to herself, nothing good ever happened in the old cities. She perked an ear, listening carefully to what few sounds she could hear, frowning a little.

Something's not right. Erin thought, looking at the group, then at the far end of the street, tail twitching a little. Of course, given today... I suppose everything's been wrong. She glanced at her pulse pistol's holster, the compact handgun's stubby, block-ended barrels, safety switch and power adjuster somehow comforting. And I get the feeling I'm going to need a bigger gun.

((Stop playing with yourself, Ara! :roll: ))
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Garion got up from the ground and forced the dust from his armor and cloak. He glanced around. How do I know who can be trusted? As far as I know, this could be a trap. Garion frowned, only a hint of distrust in his eyes betraying his inner feelings. He only jumped the girl for his own sake. It would not do for the other's to die - they could very well end up being his only ticket back to normality. He decided to keep a mental list of each's strengths and weaknesses, for such information could prove invaluable in future situations. Garion glanced at each in turn, studying their facial and body expressions for any clues to their inner thoughts.

The Rose girl - those swords are much more than they appear to be. They resonate with an ancient power, and old magic is not to be taken at face value. I'm sure many surprises lay hidden. He turned to the two conversing in quiet tones. Force users, the both of them. And they possess an agility that far surpases their looks. And... they seem to know each other. Garion decided that neither of them were to be trusted. They knew each other, and that alone was grounds enough for him to give them a wide berth. Finally, he turned to the RockHowardAlex guy. The energy signature radiating from his palm - it's like nothing I've ever seen. One more addition to the list of unknowns.

He didn't even give those with normal weapons more than a cursory glance. In his opinion, those were no match for his powers - undeminished as they were. Anyway, his reflexes barely weakened. At least one thing was going right.

He turned back to Rose. "We need a plan. I say we split up and search for something - anything - that can tell us what is happening to us. I have this uneasy feeling that the more time we spend sitting around, the worst off we'll be."

((To make life easier, Garion looks like Ganondorf, minus the sword, gay tiara, and fatness. And Garion's cloak looks heavier.))
Last edited by Himura.Kenshin on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Rose smiled and slung his sword over his shoulder, "Well, that's great, I'm glad we all got to know each other."

He turned his gaze to Garion, "Well, except for you. You didn't share your name at all. That's just rude. And split up? Are you insane? Do we even have any idea where to look? No, staying together would seem a much better course to take. I'm sure we'll be able to find somethin-"

-=KA-BOOM=-
The streetlights flicker and dim as a large black sphere crashes down into the pavement roughly twenty yards away from the group, making a deep crater in the asphalt. Moments later, as Rose is regaining his footing, the sphere cracks apart and shatters into trillions of tiny, sand-like particles, that rain down around the three figures that are left standing there.

The three figures clearly aren't human, standing at easily eigh feet tall, with broad shoulders and long, multi-jointed arms and legs. Their heads consist soley of a roughly-triangular slab of rock with glowing yellow eyes, and their whole bodies look rather like cracked stone, with veins of lava flowing through them.

The three figures look to each other, "Survivors of reality cleansing found." They say through no discernible means, their voices echoing almost mechanically, "Proceeding with erasure."

Their arms split apart to reveal a long, blade like weapon emerging from their left arms, and what appears to be some sort of projectile weapon from their right arms. With that, they take aim on the group and proceed to open fire, indiscriminantly spraying the group with high-velocity shells.

"Shit!" Rose exclaims, grabbing Scott and diving for cover behind a large trashbin.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Erin jumps backward at the impact, kicking her suit's a-grav into drive and hanging in the air, floating a few inches off the ground and drifting backwards as she watches the sphere disintegrates to reveal the three things, which then open fire. "Get down!" She whips out the pulse pistol and dials it up to full kinetic - enough force to punch a human through several soft walls on a chest impact, nevermind the actual force exerted on their internal organs... and gods forbid they hit a hard wall; can you say 'meat pancake'?

Suit: Projectile Diversion, Evade: Left, Power: Defense she thought and the suit obeyed, making a sidestrafe across the street, a-grav forcing the incoming shots to slip around her airborne form as she returned fire with the pulse pistol, sending distinctive blue bolts of energy back at the attackers, aiming for their heads and necks.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Daniel's eyes widened at the sudden impact. “This can't be good.” He stood up and yanked Miri's wrist to her standing pose, which she was already halfway towards. “You're a forcer. How many blades can you handle at a time?”

Miri glanced at Daniel's hand on her wrist and shuddered. It's... familiar. “Three. The bow takes two, and an arrow takes one.”

Daniel's eyes widened again. Force archer? I can't believe it. He turned away from Miri to look at the emerging rock/lava demons. “Let's see how you do, then! Cover me!” He threw his hands out as a force sword appeared around his right forearm and a shield appeared around his left. He ran in, shield in front and sword held back, but as the firepower traveling in his direction suddenly ramped up from “nothing” to “platoon”, he stopped, held out two shields instead of a shield and sword, and tried to block while backpedaling. “Shit, new plan!”

That boy... always getting into trouble... Damn him! “Alright, let's go, then!” Miri clapped her hands together and drew them apart, summoning neutral particles between her hands. The force magic formed into a bow shape around her left hand and an arrow shape in her right hand as she pulled back with ease of force. It's a rock monster. Spreading the shots wouldn't do anything. I need power! She twisted her right hand wrist to the left, changing the colour of the arrow from a white/yellow to a red, and let go as the arrow accelerated and blasted towards a rock monster's chest with high velocity.
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Svard heard the crash and froze, eyes wide like a deer in headlights. The rock monsters emerged from the sphere. Svard couldn't think much--he never could. All he knew right now was that this was bad and that the outcome would not be good. The monsters sprouted weapons, further disconcerting him.

Once his mind hand sorted through all the things he was seeing, he had a very small-scale epiphany--he should probably do something. He had gone unnoticed until now--probably because he was just standing there, as opposed to his mobile comrades--but if he didn't move, he would soon be dead.

He glanced around, saw others fighting back, and decided to do the same. He groped around in his pocked for the knife, and produced it, holding the wrong end. After a brief bout of cursing, he reoriented the knife towards the rock monsters. He closed his eyes and charged, flailing the knife about blindly.

It occurred to him that he was doing very well--ten whole seconds without dying--until he felt something fly just above his head, singeing his hair. He opened his eyes, and realized he had almost run into a streetlight. A bigger singe mark, accompanied by a puncture, marked the pole just above his head. He turned around to see a monster in the distance, apparently aiming for him.

He decided the whole heroics thing wasn't really his style, and scampered off to the first cover he could find, dodging shots through his erratic movement, the combination of his speed and his desire not to stab himself with the knife he held in his hand.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Alex's first thought is to run. Run far, far from all the weird shit taking place in such few time, run and run and run.

Then the bastards start shooting.

Instinctively, he dashes sideways, onto the sidewalk. Practically in the same movement, he looks at the monsters, palms smoking with energy.

Come play my game
Exhale, exhale, exhale

Expecting massive firepower to head his way, he jumps forward, trying to move as erratic as possible. Swinging his arm forward, he launches a wave of bluish-purple energy across the ground, towards the rock monsters. Again, the adrenaline rushes through his body. The sensation, however, is definitely different from what he's used to. Fear. I'm afraid.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Confusion hit Scott as the ground shook from the impact, and didn't leave him untill he scraped his arm on the asphalt when Rose pulled him down.

"Shit! What the hell are those things?!"
He poked his head out from behind the trashbin and quickly pulled it back in as a shell smacked against the bin right above his head.
"Can I just fucking wake up already?!"

He held his gun blind around the corner in the direction of the creatures and fired off a couple of shots.
"So what would be a good idea at the time?!" He asked Rose beside him.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Garion nearly facepalmed at the scatter responses to the threat. His attention was directly mostly at the man who was blindly running at the monsters, waving a steak knife in front of him. Everyone else, at least, had the sense to get out of the way. Sighing, Garion sent a garbage can lid flying into the path of bullets being fired at Svard. If nothing else, it would buy him a few seconds more to live.

Then Garion checked the rest of the group. Alex had been charging at the monsters a few seconds ago, but the rest of them seemed content on unloading their arsenals at the monsters. Or, at least, in the general direction of the monsters. Garion winced as one stray ally shot came perilously close to hitting Alex from behind. He decided it might be a good time to get under some cover.

Seeing that his limited telekinesis would be next to useless against beings of solid rock, Garion opted to concentrate on defense. Moments later, garbage cans and their lids were flying into the path of the enemy's shots, mostly avoided returning fire.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The large stone monsters continue to spray the group with rapid-fire bursts of high velocity shells of super-heated and incredibly dense stone, which crash into the surrounding area with loud booms, leaving large, smoldering craters in concrete and blasting cleanly through trashcans and other forms of cover. A few shots skim across Erin's suit, slipping past rather harmlessly thanks to her suits defense mechanism, but the kinetic force imparted is enough to crack her armour slightly and leave dark bruises beneath.

Her return fire does significantly more to the stone figures, but is far less effective than she no doubt thought it would be. The first half dozen shots are deflected harmless off invisible barriers before some manage to break through, the high powered shells making inch-deep craters in their stone hides until enough shots impact to make the torso of one crumble, revealing incredibly advanced, highly-intricate mechanics beneath.

Daniel was less lucky, the high powered shells slamming against his shields literally forcing him back, one deflecting off and hitting him in the thigh. It had lost enough momentum to not do serious damage, but the super-hot shard of black stone had still burnt a long scar down his leg. His defense, however, allowed Miri to go unharmed as she took aim on the most heavily damaged of the stone monsters and unleashed a red Force Arrow, which pierced through its chest with a loud ripping of mechanics and a shattering of stone, before it collapsed to the ground with a resounding thump.

Svard was doing a surprisingly good job of dodging shots for a while, but one can only jump around erratically in a hailstorm of oncoming fire for so long before their luck will end. His came to an end in the form of a nearby streetlight collapsing after being hit repeatedly, the large, heavy pole coming down on top of him. Fortunately, it did little actual damage to him, simply pinning him to the ground.

Alex was quite fortunate, reacting quickly and bolting towards the sidewalk, he easily avoided most of the enemy's firepower, the wave of blue-purple energy he unleashed tore through the concrete, ripping it up as it flew towards the stone creatures. One of the remaining two ceased firing and turned to the approaching wave of energy, lurching forward and swinging its blade, which glowed bright red in response, cleaving through the wave of energy and causing it to dissipate harmlessly.

The few shots fired by Scott ricochetted uselessly off its thick hide, and it raised its gun arm once more, spraying the heavy steel trash bin that he and Rose were hiding behind with heavy, superhot chunks of rock. Rose swore and gently pushed Scott out of the way, back further behind cover, before raising his sword.

"Wait here, okay. That gun of yours won't to much against these things... we'll need to find you something more high powered, once we get the opportunity. For now, though..."

He let the hilt of his sword go, and it floated in midair, its blade starting to glow brilliant white. He peeked around the corner to catch a glance of where the nearest target, then ducked back as his glowing sword shot past him and speared straight into the head of the one firing in his direction at high speed, piercing through up to the hilt and sending it flying backwards, before it finally crashed into a large brick wall.

"One left," he mumbled.

The remaining stone monster's incoming firepower was simply not enough to pierce through the defense that Garion was putting up, being hammered by the debris that was thrown about defensively, though that wasn't enough to take it down, there was little risk of its firepower doing much in the near future, although Daniel's force shield's were nearing their breaking point.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.