The Experiment [IC Thread]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Miri frowned and her eyes widened at the sudden appearance of An older...? No, wait, that can't be. A different Erin? This one's timeline has been modified... She glanced at the Erin that had just saluted. That one is the one whose timeline is consistent with ours... This kinda reminds me of an old TV show I watche- A sudden twinge of memory modification hit Miri. Okay, an old TV show that... Daniel watched... She nodded to the people who had been told to arm them. “I need a rifle. A relatively large. Preferably looks like a crossbow, well, ballista if that's what you called it, though that's just aesthetic. When I say 'large,' mind you, I mean 'slightly larger than standard issue yet easy enough to still wield properly,' probably along the lines of... designated marksman? Oh, and medical supplies and one of those fancy flight suits.” She then grinned, widely and fully.

Daniel just whistled at the transpiring events. “Impressive, ma'am.” He offered an obviously non-military attempt at a salute to the older Erin, and proceeded to walk over and talk to another armory personnel. “Hmm. Guns would be nice. Got any high rate-of-fire handheld things? Like personal defense weapons, is our analogue. And tell me how all this works! I wanna know, dammit! Oh, and if you can't spare that, then your average 'grenadier' equivalent'll do.”
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Garion's eyebrows arched as the soldiers filed into the hangar. Flexing his fingers, he telekinetically grabbed hold of their weapons and prepared to rip them out of their hands at the slightest signal of trouble. Then, another uniformed feline walked into the room. Or rather - No, that can't be. This is the future? But there it was - two Erins, one quite obviously older than the other.

Suspicions aroused, he closed his eyes and turned away, keeping all other senses focused on what was going around him. After a few deep breaths to calm himself down, Garion opened his eyes to cold space. Naturally (or unnaturally, depending on which way you see it) there was no outer space in Garion's home universe. Every domain just had vast expanses of land, with nothing up but colder and colder atmosphere. Just one more tick frustrated at this new world, Garion turned back to the group.

Seeing the two Erin's greetings, he walked over to just within 5 yards of them. If there's anything you have to say, I think we should all hear it. We're in this together.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Svard blinked and looked at Erin, and the other Erin. It was really quite confusing for him. He looked around again at the hanger, and fainted.

He awoke moments later.
"Uh... Arm us?" After a brief glance down to make sure his limbs were intact, he continued. "Um, probably something that goes bang? Maybe a big bang?"
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Needless to say, Kaen was quite confused by this latest turn of events. The fact that the soldiers appeared to actually be helping them, the almost exact duplicate of Erin, all these were quite out of the ordinary for him. The most worrying thing, however, was that his “companion” had gone silent after saying only two words: ”Prepare yourself.”

Deciding that the best course of action would be to prepare for any forthcoming unpleasantness, Kaen went over to the nearest soldier and started talking.

“Well, since you're apparently helping us, there are four things I could use. First my shoulder needs some repairs, and something to drink would be greatly appreciated. As far as equipment is concerned, I would like to see your armory. I could use a new set of battle-armor, or if for some unknown reason yours is not adequate perhaps it might be possible to repair this one. I would not be at all surprised if yours is an improvement, however. Also, I would like a more effective weapon. Something along the lines of an assault weapon, preferably particle- or beam-based. A relatively quick fire rate and enough power to penetrate armor would be tremendous assets as well...”

At this point Kaen stopped, and stared around for a bit, then suddenly started talking again.

"All this is, of course, at your discretion. All things considered, a little medical care is all I really need, the other things would just increase the likelihood of my living another week. So they would be greatly appreciated. OH! That's what I was forgetting. Information! We need information. Is there, you know, a mess hall or whatever your dining area's called around here? A place where we could talk, maybe get some coffee, or whatever it is you drink, and you can fill me in on what exactly is happening? I mean, it's been so long since I've just been able to sit and talk about the situation...."

This continued for another few minutes, then suddenly

"Oh! By the way, thanks for not shooting at us. It's a pleasant change of pace."
Last edited by Swamp Fox on Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Seeing all the others approach the armored troopers with requests for different equipment, Vanick figured he might as well go with the flow and take the opportunity to stock up on items he might possibly need.

After inspecting the gear he had on him, Vanick came to a decision. Walking up to the closest soldier, Vanick gave voice to his request.

"Seeing as how you people possess starships, advanced technology and all the other fancy stuff that is undoubtedly stuffed on to this ship. You wouldn't happen to have a beefy particle sidearm to replace this peashooter would you?" said Vanick as he presented his old ballistic sidearm, grip first.

"Oh yeah and throw in some medical packs while you are at it."
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

At first confusion gripped Scott, again, as his jumbled mind tried explaining the second Erin.
Identical twins? Or maybe it was just that most cats tend to look a lot like eachother.

However on the mention of arming the group he could barely contain his excitement.
Speaking of arms... Something was holding onto the end of his.
He looked at Rose, once again confused.
Where did this sense of attraction come from?
It was more than just physical, it felt as if he was being pulled towards this person, and it seemed like something mutual.

He shook his head a little to clear his mind and once again concentrated on the current situation.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The older, uniformed Erin gives the one in the flight suit a serious look, "You heard me, soldier. Arm up, get any gear you need. You're in the middle of an inter-dimensional war! There's no time to be dallying about."

As the others are in the process of being lead off by armored soldiers to grab their gear, a large black spike shoots through the forcefield in the hanger and skids along the ground, smashing apart fighters before coming to a stop. Out step several soldiers in black power armor, that begin opening fire with laser rifles. Alternate Universe Erin and several armored soldiers are taken down with precision laser shots, and Rose swears, grabbing Scott and diving for cover behind one of the wrecked fighters, holding him close, as the remaining allied soldiers return fire on the darkly clad enemy.

Garion would discover that in this dimension he no longer has telekinesis. He does, however, possess fairly high level photo-kinesis, making him able to flood an area with light, render an area of space into complete darkness, or fire laser bursts at will.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Erin moves almost in a blur as she ducks under a laser bolt and darts forward to catch her alternate-universe double before she can hit the ground, quickly carrying her into the corridor and searching her for a communicator. After a couple of moments, she finds it and peers out into the hangar. "Find cover and return fire, you idiots!" She quickly ducks back in as another bolt nearly takes off her ear.

She glances down at her alternate-universe double and then activates the comm. "Security! A party of hostile marines have boarded via one of the hangar bays, we have several men down and a wounded officer. Get reinforcements and a medical team down here now! I don't know how long we can hold them off!"
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Mentally, Alex was having a minor WTF-moment.

Physically, he was on top of everything.

The sound of the crash had barely reached his ears. Instinctively, he slid his feet apart and bent through his knees a little, hands slightly raised. Before he'd even realized what exactly was going on, the black soldiers had already opened fire.

In the same kind of reflex as back with the stone guys, he rolls sideways, ending up with his back to a large chunk of debris.
"Okay, okay, cool, think. Reppuken? No way. Probably won't do much. I don't have any weapons, so..."

He peered over his cover. There weren't a whole lot of them. The lasers were the creepy thing. Pain. Lots of it.

From somewhere in the hangar, he could hear a voice. "Find cover and return fire, you idiots!" Return fire. With what?

Alex decided to push his luck. In a single bound, he leapt over the chunk of metal. Looking back, he thought he should've just stayed in cover. Running towards the group as fast as he could, hoping he'd have some shock and awe on his side, he jumped up again. As the same, familiar cloud of blue energy gathered around his hand, he aimed for the closest guard's head, throwing his palm down as hard as he could, shouting "Dunk!!" for added effect.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

“Oh shit. That can't be good.” Daniel cursed again, then pulled another force shield for his left arm and a cannon for his right. “Should we defend the hangar or find a chokepoint on the way to an armory?” He took a few steps back towards the stairwell while firing a few shots in the direction of the armored soldiers. “And why the hell is everyone long-ranged!? Why can't I ever get in close with anyone?”

Miri groaned. “What is it with you and swords all the time!?” Well, alright, so you're sword-obsessed in the same way I'm bow-obsessed. You'll never know this, but they coded that into me. They had to. She summoned her force bow again and nocked an arrow. “Brilliant light!” As she twisted her wrist to the right, the arrow changed from a yellow colour to a swirling blue, splitting apart into five curving streaks as she let the arrow fly outwards.

[fff I'm sorry, I'm really tired]
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Reacting instinctively, Vanick dove for cover as debris starting flying when armored black spike smashed into the hanger. Dazed and confused for a moment, he struggled to get a grip on his surroundings.
The sharp report of laser rifles suddenly filled the air. Whipping his head around, Vanick caught sight of several allied soldiers falling over, their bodies riddled with laser damage.
Cursing, he drew his sword and summoned bolts of fire. Its not like he could use his sword, but at least it helped keep his mind clear in this fiery mess.
Through the rapid exchange of weapons fire, he heard someone yell for people to head for cover. With the hanger now a jumble of metal and people, it was impossible to find a good way out.
There was nothing he could do now but fight. The bolts of fire were bobbing around him, waiting to be unleashed.
With slashing motion Vanick let his firebolts loose, guiding and accelerating the brilliant flaming projectiles toward the darkly armored aggressors.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Facing away from open space and the center of the hanger, Garion's only clue of what was going on behind him was the loud crash of something relatively big and the screech of metal on metal. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to calm himself down, he waited a few moments before cracking his neck from side to side and opening his eyes. Not wanting to look at the damage done, he spat on the floor in annoyance. "Alright," he asked anybody who could hear him. "Who fucked up this time?"

The report of blaster rifles cracking through the air informed him that it wasn't just any accident. The newly dead falling around him as blaster fire ripped through their bodies informed him that it wasn't friendly, either. His eyes narrowed.

Garion whipped around where he was standing, quickly taking stock of his arsenal. He quickly chose the biggest clump of enemies, willing a wall of pure force with all his might to smash into them. Would've worked, too, if for one tensy little problem Garion realized half a second too late. Different dimension means different metalaws. Oops. And, uhh... that energy has to be released in some form.

"Shit," Garion stated in a rather matter-of-fact way, moments before a brilliant white flare exploded out of the center of energy and engulfed the room, nearly blinding Garion and the rest of the room's occupants. Garion winced. "Big oops."