The Sigma Project [IC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Boris came in at a steep angle and staggered as he collided with the hard surface of earth and rock. He cursed angrily and ripped the mess of bright orange crap away, flinging it to the ground. "Blasted thing," he swore loudly. "Is there anything else more advanced that this primitive crap?"

He straightened himself upright and glanced around. "Eh, a tent? Looks like I got lucky." Scoping in using his retinal display, he saw the murky silhouettes of humans. He tried to establish radio contact but was seemingly out of range. "Time to get a little closer." In the meanwhile, he took out the Magnum and clicked its safety off. He had learned more than enough lessons in Russia about not being prepared for any circumstance.

He unexpectedly made radio contact closer in. "Hey guys, it's Boris! Glad to hear from you folks."

Boris set up his tent and placed his bulging rucksack on the inside to prevent the entire flimsy thing from blowing away in the evening gale. Or whatever that could be called "evening" on this darned planet. "Now for some sleep, we'll be moving plenty tomorrow, that's for sure," muttering to himself. "Hope Brett gets well soon or we'll be forced to exfiltrate him off the surface. Well that could put a dent in our plans." Groaning, he resolved himself to get some sleep. Not that he usually had a lot back on Earth, but he had somehow awoke as a different person after the cryosuspension.

He had not turned the safety on the Magnum back on yet.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

"i still don't understand what's going on. NOAH's voice is still pounding in my head, i've been forced to carry an unconsiouse guy, I feel sluggish, and I forgot to bring a tent to sleep under"

Charles voice could be heard through the fabric of everyone elses tents.

"now i'm in an emergency sleeping bag, on an unkown planet, and i can't even tell wether or not I got injured in the drop. my papers got a little wrinkled, but i guess that's the least of my worry's."

In an attempt to go to sleep, charles took out his papers and started sketching a small map of what he had seen in the drop. since his memory was still somewhat sketchy, it was only a rough draft, but he hoped there would be enough on it to help in the morning. half way through his drawing, he fell over.

[ooc: i can only for sure post each real day between 9:50-11:00 AM were i am. (alberta, in Canada). feel free to make me do what's nessesary, within my character's physical limits, during the "iffy" times.I can still post, but i may seem a little "behind"]
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Ivan laughed at Joseph's question. "I don't know, I might have. Do you think so?" he answered in an equally sarcastic manner. For some reason, the oppressive atmosphere he'd felt since he saw the corpse of one of them seemed to have lifted.

"Anyway, I'll just set some stuff up, and..." Only as he turned to face him did he notice he was talking to himself. Joseph had already walked off.
Hmm. Fine. Maybe I'll just take care of myself then.

He started walking in the general direction of the light. As soon as he got within a couple of meters of the man holding the light, he tossed his tent on the ground and pulled the chord. Looking at the now-expanded tent, he uttered a loud "Ugh" as he picked it up and placed it again, this time with the roof actually facing up. He then crawled inside and threw his backpack off.

Crawling back out again, he sat down and started throwing little rocks around. His revolver gently shimmered next to him.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

Killian, hearing the loud cursing and solid thud of something colliding with the ground immediately wakes up, dazed for a moment, but promptly adjusts. He feels wracked with pain and barely manages to stand up. What the hell-?

He decides to investigate the nearby tents. This must be the team. He pitches his tent nearby, and opens a radio channel.

"Hey guys. You must be the team. Glad to know I'm in the right place. Gonna hit the sack now."

He promptly then fell asleep.
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

It was dark and cold when Brett started coughing uncontrollably. Adi, sleeping lightly, immediately awoke.

He extended the medical diagnostic needle from his finger, and slid it into Brett's neck.

Words flashed across his HUD: Pulse dropping, oxygen not circulating: serious organ failure likely.

Adi frowned. He struggled to find a way to save him, but he couldn't without removing the helmet and exposing him to the horrible foreign air. With grim resolution, he grabbed Brett by the collar of his suit and dragged him out of the tent and into the middle of the camp. He threw the body down, and pulled out his MP33.

For the second time in 24 hours, he killed someone, in what he justified as mercy. There was no other way. Again, he slashed the oxygen hose and lit the escaping gas.

He frowned at the human bonfire, and walked back to his tent.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

The first night passed rather unremarkably - if one could call it a night. The star was barely visible in the daytime, and the clouds during the night glowed eerily, barely giving notice to the fact that the sun had long since gone down.

By the time morning had arrived, a light rain had begun. The stream swelled up ever so slightly; revealing it's direction of flow...

[OOC: Yes, I admit that I am railroading you. Floodplains tend to be flat expanses, an ideal place for a ship landing.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felicie sat in her chair, monitoring the planet. She had no communication with the crew - but regardless, she also had a job to do. See if this planet was habitable. She had been keeping a tab on the planet's weather for some time, but so far she had seen no signs of anything remarkable. Perhaps some rain, maybe a thunderstorm here or there. Nothing worse than normal Earth weather. But then again, she had only logged two or three weeks of weather. Who knew? Real climate monitoring took years of data...

But then something caught her eye. It was just a small nuance, right by the equator...
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

"Verdammte Regnen."

Adi carefully refilled his current magazine, and calibrated the sights on his weapon.

Something didn't seem right. Maybe it was his distrust of rain. Things tended to go wrong in the rain for him. He swore, and checked all of his gear. He re-tied his boots. He collapsed the tent and stowed it away in his bag. Something was wrong, and it was not going to catch him off guard.

Maybe it was that he just couldn't trust anybody here. He'd already had to kill two, he could kill more. Ken was obviously watching him at all times, now, and Boris simply didn't seem right. Adi'd seen it before: when people are nice, they've got ulterior motives.

There were some like Charles who were too thick (sometimes literally) to be taken as a threat, but Adi forced himself to remember an old rule he'd once made for himself: The person you expect the least from will potentially do the most. It wasn't a constant, but it couldn't be disregarded.

And then there was the Irish woman. He hadn't spoken too her, come to think of it, he hadn't really spoken to anyone, save for the tense moment with Ken.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Ken liked rain. It was rhythmic. It was soothing. But on a high-humidity planet like this, it could be catastrophic, with sudden downpours turning this flat area into a flash flood zone. He picked up his tent, pulled his knife out of the ground, and stepped outside to see water trickling across the slope. Not good.

"People! We need to get to higher ground, or else this place could flood suddenly while we're still here!" He spoke into his radio, loud enough to wake any people who could actually sleep on this barren rock.

Another man was already out of his tent. Maybe he had the same thoughts. Oh . . . it was the gunman. And Brent's body was smoldering on the ground. Ken decided to put the stealth of a soundless planet to good use and climbed the rocks on the opposite side of camp, ignoring the steady rain pouring over his visor, which would necessarily hide his presence from anyone not looking for him. People were getting up, so he hid himself behind a boulder.

And then he watched.

[Edit: I took my stuff with me.]
Last edited by ChaosTheory on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

Oh crap! Joseph woke up to a puddle of water around him and the steady beating of rain on the tent. as he got up and looked around, Joseph noticed a few other people stirring and heard the message on his radio. He quickly gathered his things as he noticed Ivan looking around. "Hey," he said, "come on, we gotta go to higher ground, it looks like it could get nasty."
Need... More... COOKIES!
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

As Órfhlaith lay in her tent that night, and was beginning to fall asleep when she heard a gun shot...

"The doc must have finally put the other idiot out of his misery.", she thoguht,"He seems rather eager to kill people. Even if Brett wasn't exactly mission critical, it still seems like a waste to kill a warm body like that..."

Then she heard Ken shouting something getting to higher ground. She poked out of her tent to see what was going on and saw what he what he was talking about, the water was beginning to rise. Órfhlaith grabbed her pistol and some ammunition, her Bible, and a few ration packs and got out of her tent. She saw that Ken was behind a boulder and decieded to climb on top of one the other boulders lying nearby and wait for the rain to stop. "Fuck..." she muttered as she started running over the pile of boulders where Ken was hiding, the water was already up to her ankles and was rising fast. She scrambled up what seemed to be the tallest rock and started muttering additional curses.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Adi walked around the increasingly deserted and decreasingly dry camp, poking at tents to wake up their inhabitants. He stared off into the distance, before realized that it was quite flat ground, and rather large as well.

If the ground was this expansive, and the water rising this fast, it was rather imperative that he reach high ground. He scanned around and saw Ken trying fruitlessly to hide behind a boulder, and walked up to meet him, as well as the Irish woman perched near to him.
Last edited by DoubleThink on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

Joseph Rushed towards the boulders with his bag, tent and all. How could it have started to flood so quickly! as he reached the rock, he noticed a few more people near by, and so he headed towards them. "Hey, are y'all alright?" Joseph said.
Need... More... COOKIES!
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Boris awoke to the incessant poking of tent fabric by someone's fingers. He hurriedly changed into his clothes and suit, grabbed a lolplasma (while flicking its safety off), stuffed all his remaining stuff into the rucksack, before going outside and dismantling the tent itself. Once all that was done, he composed himself, took the safety-off Magnum out of the holster and grasped it tightly with his right hand. He couldn't forget that sound, that horrible gunshot which rang through the darkness and had him bolting awake in the night. He couldn't forget how hard his heart was beating - every gunshot he would be hearing on this deserted planet was signifying a death. A human death. Which could have been prevented in any circumstance.

And he did not like what Adi did to Brett's body. A bonfire? In the middle of nowhere on a deserted, possibly dangerous planet? No, Boris didn't like it. Not in the least.

Walking up to Adi, he flicked the Magnum up to head level. "We have to talk. Now. You somehow seem to have lots of explanations for me."
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Ivan woke up, miserable and stiff. He was lying face-down on the dirt, apparently he'd fallen asleep on the spot.

"Oh man... not what I'd call a good night's sleep." Then he realized something had awoken him. At first he thought it was the wet mud sticking to his face. But that wasn't it.

A gunshot. Another one. Another dead one...

He got up as soon as he could, gathering his belongings and collapsing his tent. As he was looking around for... well, anyone, he heard Joseph shouting at him.
"Hey, come on, we gotta go to higher ground, it looks like it could get nasty."
"Yeah, I'll be right there." He followed Joseph to a pile of boulders, the most accessible bit of high ground. He looked around, at the water flowing past.
"Oh Jesus... Oh crap, we're gonna drown. We're gonna fucking drown... I don't fucking like water, man!" He started panicking.
Gotta get out... gotta get out of here! Now! He hurriedly attempted scaling the rocky walls.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Charles kept sleeping, despite the moister he felt on his face. eventually the cold got to him, and he sat up in his sleeping bag. fearing the worst, and seeing that everyone else was packing up and running, he quickly picked up all of his possesions and ran.

"danm, what's with all this water?", he swore.

reaching the top of one hill, he saw he was still not high enough, and the water was still rising. turning, he activated the full power of his cyber organic legs, sprinting with barely any energy consumed.

eventually, he reached high enough ground to sleep without worry of flooding on. looking around, he couldn't see anyone else. in fact, the rain was getting so bad, he couldn't see his hand infront of hi face by this point.

"well, i guese we can regroup in the morning"

and with that coment, Charles fell asleep again.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...