The Sigma Project [IC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

[OOC: Polykino is some random painkiller I made up.]

"Scheisse!"

Adi pulled some cords on the parachute, and steered himself towards James and Brett. He pulled another cord, and began to descend faster.

Just barely before his speed would have killed him, he pulled a handle, and the chute flared out, slowing him down enough to gently touch down. He quickly doffed the parachute, leaving it on the ground. He ran over to James, who was spread across a large rock, limbs contorted and coughing up blood.

"Fick!"

He ignored the dying body of James, and ran over to Brett. He pulled out his knife and delicately slashed the straps on the parachute, dragging it away. He looked over the body quickly, stabbed a Polykino needle into it, and radioed to the rest of the group, who were just touching down.

"We have got two injured here: Brett looks mostly unharmed, and should be able to continue, but James is a likely fatality. Unless we have immediate exfiltration for him, he will die. Serious internal bleeding as well as extensive damage to the skeletal structure. He's got about 6 minutes before it's irreparable damage. If we can't get him within then, I may as well just top him off now."

After no response on the radio, he quietly said to no one in particular, "Himmlischer Vater, vergeben Sie mich für meines Morde."

He pointed the gun at the head of the crumpled body, and pulled the trigger. He then hoisted Brett over his shoulder, and carried him down to the others.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Something crackled in the radio.

A gun shot.

What? Were there natives? Was someone calling for help? He pulled his own pistol out and ran towards the sound, peering over a rock. A bleeding man was on the ground, a streak of red running down the rocks towards Ken. That knife guy earlier . . . he was carrying a body down to the others.

"Hey! You! What happened!"
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Adi heard the voice behind him, and wheeled slowly around to find himself looking down the barrel of Ken's pistol.

"Heh. I assume you weren't paying attention. This man was dying anyway--I put him out of his misery. Brett is out for the night."

Adi slowly lowered Brett's limp body to the ground.

"Now," he said, as he pulled his MP33 out, "Kindly drop your weapon, before any bloodshed becomes necessary."
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Ken saw him draw the weapon, and moved his gun to point at the man's hand.

"Wait a moment."

Ken sidled over to the body. He rolled James over with his foot and looked down at the shattered chest, and lowered his gun.

"Mmm . . . okay. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt now . . . but I'll be watching you. In the mean time, Brett can rest on that plateau there, and I'll gather the group to find a good campsite."

He moved away to the other gathering of parachuters, but kept his eye on Adi.

"Let's go folks! Gather all your packs together, and we need a medic for this man here. Any volunteers to scout for campsites?"
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

The jump went basically as expected, with a bit of turbulence from the extra luggage Alex was bringing. By the time he got to the ground he was a few hundred feet away from the others. "Boy oh boy am I glad I put the big wheels on these things!" he thought to himself while he was removing his parachute and arranging the cases for travel. As he started walking over to those that were already on the ground he heard a gunshot. "WHAT?!!?" he exclaimed loudly, " I shoulda known that the first thing I heard would be bad. After all, this seemed like a routine mission from the start." Deciding to be safe rather than sorry, Alex got out his gun (he had decided to go with a .38 after all, but one with more accuracy than his Magnum), made sure it was loaded and ready for use, and set out towards the gunshot. When he got within 40 feet of its origin saw what appeared to be a crushed an shot human, an unconscious human, and two soldiers ready for battle. "Well? What happened? Was there a showdown, is there going to be one, or is this all a big accident? Wait.... From the looks of it, neither of you could have done that to James, so I presume it was a mercy killing.... Well, why don't we all put away our guns before Brett gets shot as well. If you two wanna duel that's fine with me since you're conscious and consenting, but I'd like to leave him out of it. Well? Shall I attend to him?" With this Alex started to grin. "Well, at least James didn't suffer. And I would really prefer it if you'd put the guns away. At this point they might cause misunderstandings among the others." At this point he put his own gun away, unpacked his medical kit, and started to slowly move towards Brett. "Well? Shall I see if he'll survive, or would you rather I just get out of the way? After all, depending on his injuries, he may just be a burden, but we won't know till someone checks, now will we?"
Last edited by Swamp Fox on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Felicie heard the transmission, but she was already pulling away from the ground. She couldn't really go back; not without going through a lot of effort that would use rather precious stored energy. The ship had solar panels, but they were no where near large enough to power the entire ship - instead, these panels charged the ship's batteries while the ship was idling in space. She radioed the ground:

"James is dead and Brett is injured...? I can't really do anything. Leave James, or bury his body if you feel it is necessary. Try and take anything of use from him. Do not let your sentimentality get the better of you. As for Brett, I'm pretty sure he's just beaten up. James should have cushioned his fall... You need to" *tccchhh*

Felicie never noticed that the last part of her transmission was cut off as she ascended into the clouds...

[OOC edit: Just noticed that doc525 is absent from the RP as well. Oh well. doc525, you got a lucky break. If he does not post within the next 18 hours, he will be... removed, painfully, as derekiv was.]
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Adi lowered the MP33.

"If you have not noticed, I am the team's medical officer, and I've already taken care of Brett. Also keep in mind that I'm the only medically qualified individual on this expedition, as well as the one with the most extensive military and survival training. If I'm alive, you all stand a much greater chance of survival. In fact, I believe there is a very good chance that you will all die without me."

He glanced at the small crowd that had gathered around. He then walked over to James's body, and took his rations.

"I hope none of you have objections to cremation."

He rolled James onto his oxygen tube, and poked a small hole in the pipe. He then lit the escaping oxygen with a small survival lighter.

"We'll bury what's left. You--Charles--carry Brett until he recovers."

He glanced around once more.

"Don't try anything stupid, ja?"
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

"My apologies. You are the superior doctor of the two of us, and if you think you've adequately treated him, then I suppose I'll let it go. If you don't mind though I think I'll keep an eye on him tonight just in case. Ford knows I'll have enough time tonight, since I have to make sure the instruments are all in working order. At the very least it's not much labor for me and I'll feel better. Now, if I recall correctly, a campsite would be one of our priorities, but it's been a while since I've been... well, outside. Anyway, what would you have me do?"
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Órfhlaith stood at the edge of the shuttle door. Her toes were over the edge, and she leaned forward out into the wind. When her body was almost horizontal, he kicked out and into the air, away from the craft. A few moments of spin, then she was stable in free fall. Falling from thousands of feet in the air wasn't as frightening as Órfhlaith thought it would be, in fact, she found the brief period before her altimeter began beeping to be the most serene moment she had in a while.

So what if the rest of humanity was dead? I'm was here, I'm unharmed for the time being. Sure, I'm here with a group of idiots, but it could be worse, and by the looks of it a couple of them just hit the ground face first.

After her altimeter started beeping she slapped the button on her chest strap, and her body was forcibly grabbed by the parachute and pulled back from the planet below. A few seconds later and her feet hit the ground. Órfhlaith then pulled herself out of the tangled mess that was her parachute and detached her parachute pack. She walked over to the others and saw that James was lying on the ground dead. Apparently the guy who had been fooling around with his knife earlier was a doctor, and thought it was best just to put him out of his misery.

"No big loss", she thought,"too bad the other one seems to be ok though."
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

The jump order had been given before he had a chance to properly introduce himself. Adrenaline started rushing again as he stood at the edge of the hatch.
"Yeah, look, man! This'll be the experience of a lifetime!" Without thinking about the many things that could - and likely would - go wrong, he took a running start and jumped out of the craft, head-first.

There was just one thing Ivan wondered about as he rushed towards the ground at near-terminal velocity, an all-new sensation coursing through his mind. What is that sound? Only then did he realize that it was the sound of himself screaming at the top of his lungs. Sooner than he would've wanted, his altimeter started beeping. Slightly reluctant, he hit the 'release' button. He felt as if he'd hit a brick wall as the parachute opened.

He threw the parachute off his back and looked around in ecstasy.
"Duuuude, that was awesome! I want to go again! That has got to be--"
His eyes widened as he saw the grim scenario. One man was lying on the ground, shattered chest, burned, and with a hole in his head. Another was being carried away, in significantly better health. Two others were already fully equipped. His excitement soon turned into mild fear. Looking around, he saw one familiar face; the man who had introduced himself as Joseph. He quickly walked over to him.

"Dude, did you see what happened?" he asked, in a softer voice. "I don't like what's going on here..." He extended his hand. "By the way... I'm Ivan. Ivan Faust."

OOC: My posting times are a bit off, I've noticed. You know, timezones and stuff.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

The sky took on a characteristic overcast look. Some light filtered through, but not enough to really bring out any colors on the planet. One would be able to clearly see the beam of a flashlight shone through ahead. It was perpetual twilight...

The wind blew calmly, perhaps gusting at maximum a sedate five miles per hour. Dust was rustled from the ground by the occasional eddy in the wind.

But it was deathly silent. Save for the noise of the crew, the world was soundless. There were no leaves to rustle; there were no insects to chatter, or birds to sing. Never had it so occurred to the crew that their ancestral home for thousands of years was... dead. A lifeless, radiated hunk in now an unknown, untraceable sector of space...

It seemed that they had landed in a wide valley, surrounded on both sides by somewhat steep cliffs - though not steep enough to prohibit climbing. In the middle, some distance away, lay a small stream, slowly trickling its way through the valley.

The cliffs and valley floor seemed to have been composed primarily of sandstone, but smooth, rounded pebbles of basalt were littered throughout the bottom of the valley. However, some seemed to have, in addition to nicely rounded edges, a single side which was very rough and angular. These rocks were extremely apparent, standing out against the sea of rounded ovals that spread through the valley...

[OOC: Note; Dirt does not exist. Dirt implies presence of organic matter. Sediment such as clay, sand, or silt exist - but they are devoid of nutrients and do not form dirt.]
Last edited by Normandy on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

Joseph took the man's hand. "Pleased to meet you Ivan. By the way, my name is Joseph, Joseph Jones." Joseph Looked at the man carefully. "So, did you enjoy the ride?" Joseph Said as sarcastically as he could manage. It was then that Joseph noticed the situation. not an hour in and already someone had been killed! god, we're gonna drop like flies!
Need... More... COOKIES!
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Ken opened his multi-tool and turned on the flashlight. He raised it above his head, shone it straight up, and shouted to the others through his radio. The light made a pale, flickering pillar in the vaporous air, almost surreal.

"Everyone! Let's gather around and figure out what to do! Just follow the light!"

[OOC: Remember, people, you can't take off your helmet or suit, and you can't breathe the air.]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

"It's probably best if we stop here and make camp for the night--we need to stop and take readings, and I don't think Brett is holding up well."

He paused, and pulled the tent out of his bag. He placed it on a flat spot, and pulled a cord. The tent expanded, and Adi unzipped the door, stepping inside.

"There is more room than I thought there would be in here. Bring Brett in, and I will use this as a medical tent. Alex, if you'd like to keep an eye on him, feel free to stay here. I will be here should you need me."

He picked up a large rock, placed it inside the tent as a makeshift chair, and started playing around with his knife again.
Last edited by DoubleThink on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

Joseph Placed his tent and weighed it down on the inside with his bag. then, he unpacked his supplies and double checked. no, he had not forgotten anything. Joseph Decided to look around and find someone to talk to, as he wanted to know the plan for the next few days. If there is one, that is... he thought gloomily.
Need... More... COOKIES!