The Sigma Project [IC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

"Scheisse!" he screamed.

He bit his lip as he fished a painkiller out of his medkit. He stabbed the needle into his leg, and started smearing the wound with an antibiotic. He stitched it up carefully, then turned his attention to the creature he just shot.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Mira had long since given up on trying to lead the team in any way. With any luck, the rest of earth's sole survivors have more than 2 collective brain cells. Seriously, what were they thinking? Some of them had brought along solid rations. If there were poisonous gases of any kind in the atmosphere, they had already doomed themselves. Mira almost wished they would die - stupidity like that needed to be removed from the gene pool as quick as possible. She swallowed some more of the thick, nutrient rich paste she had chosen as her rations for the trip.

Using her microcomputer, she made a short checklist of things that she had done and things that still needed doing. So far, she had collected, cataloged, and run preliminary tests on almost 10 kilograms of biological materials. All analysis only led to the same conclusion: more experimentation would be needed before any definite conclusions could be reached. Alien life was more complex than earth scientists had originally hypothesized. The atmosphere, on the other hand, closely resembled that of earth - although there were still some substances unaccounted for. Most noticeably the pink stuff. Yeah.

Mira had just finished the night's rations when a strange sound reached her ears, obviously modulated by the suit's sound receiving device. Immediately she turned off the suit's sound filtering device, allowing the full range of the song to reach her ears. She activated the comlink, beginning to say in a relative whisper, "I swear to fucking earth, if any of you-". But, of course, she was cut off by another member of the group - Boris, it seemed - blasting sound into her headset. Swearing on her lineage to set a standard procedure as soon as things settled down, she switched off the comlink and grabbed the electrobinoculars out of her rucksack. The last words she heard were, "Do not attempt to open fire. I repeat, do not-". Finally, a sign of some intelligence. Maybe we're not doomed after all. Famous last words. She zoomed in on the strange animal just in time for Adi to shoot it.

For a full five seconds, nothing happened. It took that long for the facts to settle in; she just couldn't believe it. Mira took a moment to compose herself, just watching as the birds attacked Adi. As soon as the coast was clear she walked over to him, kicking his MP33 out of reach. Calmly, she drew her Z4 assault rifle and clicked off the safety.

"You have ten seconds to explain yourself before I stop you for good."
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

"JesusfuckshitWHATTHEHELL!!" In an instant, he drew his revolver and aimed it in the general direction of the gunshot. He then saw it was Adi who'd shot an animal, and had almost pulled the trigger. However, his attention was directed elsewhere.

Humongous winged animals leapt up and dived towards Adi. For a moment, he stood there, shocked and awed. The other moment, he was already diving for his pack. As quickly as he could, he pulled out the other revolver and aimed them both at the creatures. At this time, they were already feeding on the animal who'd just been shot. Still nervous, he holstered his revolvers, kneeled and pulled out a grenade.

"Now now, Ivan. Be careful, you wanna catch 'em by surprise..."

He slid his finger through the ring.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]