The Sigma Project [IC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

"I notice you've got a new revolver. I'm terribly sorry I threw the other one into the water. I still have your other SMG, should you want it back, though I believe I may have uses for it in the future."

He sipped his drink and glanced again at Boris's revolver, cocked.

"Your gun--is there something wrong? I can assure you, everything will be fine here on the ship. Would you like me to look at the bruise you've sustained on your arm? I doubt it's untreatable."
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

"Nah, Adi, it's fine. That SMG is rightfully yours. Keep it, it's a rare prototype which I've spent a couple of years developing." Boris glanced over the human and sipped on the cold drink. "And never mind about the old Magnum, I just noticed that the new one seems...less cranky."

Boris took out his new handgun and removed the magazine, stuffing it in his pockets. "There, this is kind of harmless now. And there's no need to look at the bruise, in Sov---no, Russia I had a hand chopped off when I was younger. This ain't anything big, really." He glanced at a viewport at the inhabitable planet outside.

"What I'm worrying about now, it's not the death rate, it's the bloody future of humanity." He twiddled his thumbs nervously and glanced at Adi.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Órfhlaith trudged on board the spaceship. "What a farce that was", she thoguht, "6 dead, most of them killed by Adi."[/i] She was glad to be rid of the heavy environmental suit. Órfhlaith took a short shower, and then walked out to the lounge to see what the others were doing. Adi and Boris were conversing about their weapons. She saw Adi had a drink and went to get one for herself.

After fiddling around with the machine to get a drink, Órfhlaith returned to the lounge and sat down. She continued listening to Adi and Boris's conversation's and sipping her drink.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Felicie walked into the lounge. She wasn't all too shy in front of a crowd, but it was always the personal relationships she found hardest. She wasn't really much of a small talker. Always right to the point, getting rid of details that...

She nearly walked into a chair.

She righted herself and saw that everyone was staring at her. Always the awkward one, she thought.

"Am I, uh... interrupting anything?"
Last edited by Normandy on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Adi, startled, jumped ever so slightly, and swung his hand down to his knife.

"No, I don't think so. Boris and I were just talking... I assume you've got something important to say?"
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

After hiking back to the ship and stowing his gear, Alex decided it was time to relax. He started by cleaning himself up with a shower and fresh clothes, and then set about looking for stuff to do.

He quickly decided to build something. Since there weren't many materials on hand, Alex removed the inserts from one of his extra Pelican cases and started to wander around the ship looking for junk, trash, scrapmetal, broken things, and just about anything that didn't belong to someone or wasn't part of anything else.

When he had found a suitable amount of materials, he returned to get some of his tools. He quickly decided that he would need the soldering iron, solder, wire cutters, pliers, metalworking tools, clamps, shears, screwdrivers and, of course, the multitool that never left his side.

When he had everything he needed, Alex wheeled his materials and tools into the lounge, got two giant sandwiches and a drink, and said hello to the room at large. He then proceeded to spread his materials and tools across one of the larger tables and set about making clockwork parrots while occasionally tearing large chunks out of his food.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

"Oh, I'm sorry."

She stumbled to a chair and sat down. She was rather intimidated by the men - Adi and Boris. She had a slight frame, and these guys literally towered over her. She turned her attention to Órfhlaith. She wanted to say something, but she just couldn't find any words.

She looked back at Adi and Boris. They seemed to have gone their separate ways again, Boris toying with his Magnum and Adi with his own weapon, the KM2150. It was still freshly stained with blood.

"Adi, you really should consider killing less people."
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Mira stared blindly out at the stars, silently praying to herself that this was all just a bad dream. Her mind was empty; she found that it helped to null the pain that was the icy dagger of reality. Her family. Her friends. Everyone she ever knew. Those who were to be part of her future. Anyone. She couldn't bring herself to actually think about them - about their fate. That part of her mind she blockaded, threw barriers around. She partitioned her mind, everything and anything of the past was hidden from sight, from thought. They were stored under blankets of haze: a fog so thick you could cut it with a knife. She was sitting in the upper level of the recreation lounge, a long room filled with couch seats and dominated by a large viewport. She had chosen what looked to be the most uncomfortable one, and she was sitting cross-wise so that her back was against one arm of the chair and her legs over the other.

Why me? Of course, she knew why she was one of the chosen survivors. She had already been briefed in the last few chaotic moments before human civilization was all but wiped out. Rational thought, however, had been momentarily thrown out with reality, along with time perception and a meaning in life. She had been sitting in the same position for nearly six hours.

Suddenly, her view began to shift. She glanced at her chrono; nearly thirty minutes until the other would be recovered. Mira frowned, only now realizing that at some point Felicie had told her when they were going to land. Even when she was lost in despair, her brain had still stored that information for later usage. That fact alone was enough to bring her out of her reverie. Her expression turned hard. About time I figure out what's going on here.

She made her way down to the command center, where she met with Felicie. Soon enough, the others were recovered, and she joined them in the recreation lounge.
Last edited by Himura.Kenshin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

After some friendly chat with the crew, Felicie decided that it was about time to leave. She wished that such a time could go on forever but alas, they had a mission to accomplish. She really hated having the weight of humanities' woes on her shoulders.

She opened up a comm and told everyone to prepare for cryogenic freezing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, the monotype of NOAH was rapidly flashing in the faces of the crew, now assembled at the command room. Felicie typed madly away, grumbling about 'bad interface' or something. There was a new planet in the window.

"Ah, here it is."

A printout emerged on screen.

Code: Select all

Type: K5 V
Luminosity: 0.230
Mass: 0.650

Type: M1 V
Luminosity: 0.036
Mass: 0.453
Distance: 1.4 A.U.

Name: Dolge 1	  Type: Terrestial
Diameter: 12078 km
Orbit Radius: 0.5 A.U.    Orbital Period: 160 days    Rotation: 40 hours
Density: 1.2      Gravity: 1.14g      Mass: 1.020
Atmosphere: Standard     Pressure: 1.041 atm     Oxygen Pressure: 0.136 atm
Atmos Comp: Nitrogen/Oxygen       Water: Oceans
Magnetic Field: 0.272 gauss
Avg Temperature: 30°C     Summer: +21°C     Winter: -23°C
Day: +3°C   Night: -20°C   Equator: +11°C   Polar: -39°C
Boiling Point: 101°C

Name: Dolge B 2
Diameter: 8693 km
Orbit Radius: 0.5 A.U.    Orbital Period: 192 days    Rotation: 69 hours
Density: 0.7      Gravity: 0.48g      Mass: 0.222
Atmosphere: Very Thin
Avg Temperature: 15°C

Name: Dolge 1-1   Type: Rock
Diameter: 5984 km
Orbit Radius: 483 thousand km
Density: 0.5      Gravity: 0.23g      Mass: 0.052
Atmosphere: None
Avg Temperature: 16°C
"This planet is very similar to our own Earth; what a coincidence that it was in such a nearby sector that NOAH could pick it up. Now normally I would have liked to stay away from binary star systems due to the strange complex orbital mechanics that surround them, but this place was just too perfect. It may even be possible to breathe the atmosphere here. But don't take than as an excuse to take off your suits."

She brought up a heightmap of the planet.

Code: Select all

333333333333║3333333333333333333333333333
333333344444║3333333333444444444444433333
333333345854╚╗333333333334444444444333333
3333333489544║333333333444445554444444333
3333344445444║333344444444455555444444443
3334444444444║444444444445555555554444444
4444444444444╚══╗444555555555555555554444
4444444555444444║445555555555555554444444
4444445555544444╚══╗445555555555444444444
4444444455554444444╚╗55555555555555554444
444444455544444X4455║55555555555555555554
44445555555555445555╚╗5555555555555555555
445555555555555555555╚╗555555555555555555
5555555555555555555555╚═╗4444555555555555
555555555555555555555554║4444444455555555
"The height contours are relatively small - this is mainly a plains area. We will not have trouble finding a landing zone, so this time you do not have to parachute down. The selected landing site is designated by the 'X'. Now, we have detected life forms on the planet. It is unknown whether they are dangerous or harmless, and if they can be of any use to us. Make sure that you bring some samples back with you."

She pointed again at the direction of the equipment lockers.

"I do believe you know the drill. Do not leave the ship until I have given the command. We shall begin our descent to the planet now."

DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Adi headed over to his locker, glanced around the room.

Heh, he thought, they still haven't cleaned up the blood from Eric's nosedive.

He opened up his locker, retrieved his MP33, and donned his enviro suit. He adjusted his HUD, and extended and retracted his diagnostic needle to make sure it was functioning properly.

He clicked the safety off his MP33.

Complex organic looking molecules, that's what Felicie said. Likely molecules that'll want to eat us.

He glanced over at Ken.

And then there's him.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Ken retrieved his things from the locker, and zipped up his suit.

The people around him were acting a little strange, to say the least. The captain had almost bumped headlong into a chair from distraction when he walked into the room. Another, some new girl, had been staring blankly out the same window for at least the half an hour he had been in the room. Yet another was sitting at the table making scrap metal parrots while eating a sandwich. Humanity may very well be screwed.

Adi was clicking his gun safety on and off and throwing him funny looks. Psychotic? Possibly. A threat? One to be taken care of.

Ken swung the locker door closed and clicked it into place with his fingertips. He looked sullenly down at the number printed at the base of his locker, flipped his knifeblade out, and strode to the door.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Whenever Adi carried his MP33, he left the safety off. This was no exception. He secured it in the quick-releasing holster, and stood up to see Ken walking around with his knife.

Adi stood up, and walked over Ken. He made sure he was far enough away to have a 'safety bubble' as he called it. Should Ken do something radical, Adi had time to react while he closed the distance.

"Is something wrong? I hope you're not intending to resolve any problems with that knife. It is really rather pathetic. Wouldn't a gun, or perhaps a larger knife, be better for your intended use?"
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

[OOC: Are you retarded, man? I walked to the door. To an unspecified room somewhere else. Like, to Ken's crew quarters. :roll: Let's pretend you said that in the correct context.]

Adi was being creepy again, following behind him like that. Except this time, he appeared to have the intent of killing somebody.

Ken raised his knife in the air and looked at it reflectively. He flicked it towards the ceiling a little and caught it, by the point, and looked backwards over his shoulder at Adi. Nobody would blame him. Adi had . . . killed . . . others, and the crew was already suspicious.

"I don't know, are you intending to make some problems that need resolving? I have equipped myself for a possibly hostile planet. Are there other hostiles I should be worrying about?"

A twinge of exasperation sharpened Ken's voice. Red light flickered across his eyes, like tiny sparks, assessing the situation and marking the threats. The temptation to put his knife-throwing training to use was incredible.

"You underestimate the sharpened blade."

He strode forward, then turned back around on his heels.

And shut the door.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Boris looked at the confrontation between Adi and Ken and sighed. "There go the two of them at it. I just hope Adi doesn't shoot him. Well, on second thoughts, maybe not." He walked over to the lockers and rechecked his bag again. Equipment...check. Weapons and ammo...check. Food...check. Tent...check. Other crap...check. Taking out the nanomolecular knife, he begun to play with it in the same fashion which Adi had been before the last fateful descent.

After a couple of seconds he suddenly noticed how shiny the blade was and put it away. Then he took his Magnum out, and repeatedly flipped the safety to and fro. "Damn, I want to check those alien lifeforms out. And maybe shoot a couple of them."
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

He's dead. He's dead. Dead. Gone. Payin' a visit to the big poo-bah upstairs. He's fucking gone.

Ivan just sat in a corner. He didn't bother to unpack, or get new stuff. He just sat there, staring into blank space. Thinking.

There are six casualties already, and this was just one planet. Most people there weren't even killed by circumstances. That maniac medic... looks like he acquired a taste for killing. Don't those people have an oath or something?

He jolted up. In a flare of determination, he headed to the locker room, backpack slung around his shoulder. He pulled a random locker open and grabbed another revolver, with another 24 rounds. He threw the rounds in his backpack, and took his other revolver out. Looking around, making sure nobody was around, he started toying around with them, trying all sorts of fancy tricks.

"See, that's why I don't trust no medics. They ain't getting their hands on me."
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]