The Sigma Project [Closed]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

Ok, sorry Norm.
I have school and am quite busy.
If you had just waited until tomorrow...
or until tonight...
Meh.
I'll resubmit.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Hey flabort, aren't you dead?
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Yes, yes he is. Flabort is quite dead.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Good. Flabort deleted his post.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Actually, I deleted it upon Normandy's request. :)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Guys, for the future, you are on a scientific mission, stop sitting around and brooding. This isn't your myspace.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Himura.Kenshin wrote: Character Name: Mira Syntas
Height: 5'8" / 1.7m
Weight: 63kg

Cybernetic Implants: [Warning: Incoming Wall of Text] Mira has biomechanic parts in her left eye that are controlled by sensor pads located under the skin on her left hand. The parts inside her eye are 1) a microcomputer and 2) provide visual enhancement, both connected. The visual enhancements include 6x clear zoom (up to 10x fuzzy), night vision, and recording equipment. However, the parts have the capacity for ultraviolet and infrared vision and pattern identification, and programs for each are stored on her datapad, but Mira didn't see the need for them. The microcomputer has limited data storage capacity, a notepad, data-scroll for information downloaded from her laptop, a calculator, and other now-insignificant gadgets that Mira had downloaded in her time in the military. The sensor pads in her hand are like a keyboard and can be turned on and off. Pressing keys on a keyboard is represented by moving her hand through specific motions. These motions come as naturally to her as typing on a keyboard would come to one of us, and allow her to navigate her microcomputer and type faster. It can all be turned off or part by part when necessary, at which point her normal vision returns.

Her other possessions include a vitally important datapad, which is electrical-, shock-, and water-proof. It is a touchpad screen measuring 7" by 4.5". In addition to all the normal functions of a laptop, it includes various programs and manuals for her biomechanic parts in her eye and sensor pads in her hand. Others can use it by the touchpad, but Mira controls it through the same motions she controls her microcomputer. In order to do this, she must wear a specialized glove synced to both the datapad and the sensors in her hand. Mira can also use the sensors on the glove and the sensors in her hand as a connection from which to transfer data; this is how she downloads and uploads information from her datapad with her microcomputer.

Other personal possessions include a fairly high-spec non-energy based multi-tool, 8 inch titanium-alloy combat knife, 5 inch cormadium-alloy multi-purpose knife, datapad filled with memories of all of Mira’s friends and family on earth, and other assorted items of lesser importance. Firearm of choice on board NOAH is a Z4-13.09x assault rifle.

Character Bio: Mira Syntas's parents were world renowned biologists who lived on and traveled the world by boat. Thus, Mira was born in the middle of the Arctic Ocean. Mira grew up as a physically fit and quick-witted child, always going off on adventures on the islands her parents made landfall. Exploring the wild gave Mira a deep respect for nature, and she spent most of the time she was on land facing the harshest conditions of nature; sub-zero or incredibly hot, arid or tropical, lifeless or full of adversity.

As for education, Mira was, obviously, homeschooled. Her parents taught her everything they knew about biology, proud of their child and wanting her to continue a profession in the field. And, when the time came for university, that was what she doctorate'd in with highest honors. However, she wasn't ready to live the life of a simple biologist; it was quite a boring prospect. Instead, after much time spent to consider the decision, she joined 'MandoCorps, an organization similar to the Blackwater Int. of the early 21st century.

'MandoCorps was a private military contractor that specialized in mobilization in the harshest environments. Her natural expertise as a survivalist gained much notice from the higher ups, a skill matched by her proficiency as a commando in live-arms simulation tests. In the arts of hand-to-hand combat, her prowess went unmatched. She traveled around the world with her company, sometimes spending months training in the worst living conditions. An aptitude in leadership soon emerged, only adding to her list of beneficial characteristics. Soon enough, after training for five years in several of the hardiest places on earth and climbing the ranks, Mira was awarded with the highest ranking field officer position, and at the young age of 27.

Eight months later, the world was about to end. With a master's degree in biology, experience surviving the toughest environments, proficiency in self-defense, and an aptitude in leadership skills, Mira was a prime candidate for humanity's last chance, NOAH.
Last edited by Himura.Kenshin on Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

bien4500 wrote:Character Name: Jacob M. Kazimir
Height: 6.2
Weight: 82 Kg
Cybernetic Implants: Retinal Inserts (80X Digital Zoom (gets kinda blurry above that), IR and Light Amplification, camera feature. HUD), CNI Transponder and Data Port (Allows for tracking, functions as memory for digital recording and audio, can interface either wirelessly with computers or with a special cord, connected directly to the brain. Also intefaced with the retinal inserts, thus allowing him to perform calculations such as calcuating the trajectory of a rock thrown at him). Personal Media player. (Interfaces with the retinal implants and CNI Data Port, can also be used for communications, also amplifies sound if music function not activated.)
Character Bio: Born in the Philippines to a middle class family and an American mother, he graduated a Scholar and Valedictorian in De La Salle Zobel, had high report card grades (Around 98-100), bullied often by envious students, so he learned to take a punch, or a fall down the stairs. learned Karate, and wore black leather steel toed shoes to school, graduated college in DLSU, after that he moved and worked in America as a naval officer, they gave him the implants. Was also a Boy Scout in his childhood. Also a devout Catholic
He is likes to play paintball, learned many survival techniques as a Boy Scout, and during his 'stay' on a deserted rainforest island after his yacht was thrown off course during a cruise. Is married to an American. Has an unusal preference in rock music and Orchestral pieces, listens to My Chemical Romance, Machinae Supremacy, Linkin Park, Green Day, including the soundtracks of Halo 1-3. Occationally hums "American Idiot", sings when alone. Has brown hair that is so dark it's almost black, Brown eyes and pale skin. He is afflicted with asthma and allergic rhinitis, his favorite curse is "anak ng putang ina!", which means "son of a bitch!". Wears a waterproof cap. Has a Bowie knife.
Please, I request that you do not PM me with character submissions. If you are not confident enough in your skill to show things like this in public, chances are you have no skill. The only reasons I have for people who want to play NPCs PM me is because it would be somewhat counterproductive to tell you everything that you're going to face in the future in this OOC thread.

Also, I'd like you all to meet your new crewmate, Himura. I'm going to introduce her once you people get back onto the ship.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

He is likes to play paintball
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

This is Krav Maga, for those of you unfamiliar with it.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

DT-
Normandy wrote:The height contours are relatively small - this is mainly a plains area. We will not have trouble finding a landing zone, so this time you do not have to parachute down
edit: No problem.
Last edited by lightstriker on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Thanks, didn't notice that. I'll correct my post.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

ChaosTheory wrote:Ken retrieved his things from the locker, and zipped up his suit.

The people around him were acting a little strange, to say the least. The captain had almost bumped headlong into a chair from distraction when he walked into the room. Another, some new girl, had been staring blankly out the same window for half an hour. Yet another was sitting at the table making scrap metal parrots while eating a sandwich. Humanity may very well be screwed.

Adi was clicking his gun safety on and off and throwing him funny looks. Psychotic? Possibly. A threat? One to be taken care of.

Ken swung the locker door closed and clicked it into place with his fingertips. He looked sullenly down at the number printed at the base of his locker, flipped his knifeblade out, and strode to the door.
I was staring before we even landed to pick you guys up. That was a planet ago, before even cryosleep.

ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Clarified that.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Before I make a post, I assume that the ship will stay landed on the surface?