Abandond space mine: specialized dungeon crawl RP (sign up!)

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

Abandond space mine: specialized dungeon crawl RP (sign up!)

Post by flabort »

Ok, I had an idea for a combination RP/BSF game, were I make some .bmp or .jpg dungeons and post those pictures on here while the competitors move around the dungeons. People would post their characters, and a fleet of ships which goes with their characters by representing their characters. also, in each room, there is some enemy's which the competitors fight to build/upgrade their fleet. I'll post pics of both the battles and the dungeon.

5 slots:
Myself, flabort: Rickzard
empty
empty
empty
empty

Enemy sets:
enemy set 1, the easiest enemies found

fleets are built ship by ship, starting points are 750.

Code: Select all

A ship will cost 5 points without anything added.
Core HP is 10, add 2 points per every 10 hp more. any core type is allowed.
Each section, with a base HP of 0, is 1 point. add 1 point for every 10 hp in this section. no limits on size increase for pieces, but no decreases.
1 point per .05 max speed total
1 point per .01 acceleration (in ship maker)
1 point per .05 turning total
Thrusters, teller torpedoes, agies deflectors and flux projectors are illegal due to ai reasons.
Normal deflectors cost 10 points.
Nano matrixes cost 9 points.
Unmodded weapons:
    pulse gun cost 2 points
    gattling pulse cost 3 points
    rail guns cost 5 points
    blasters cost 3 points
    gattling blasters cost 5 points
    quad blaster cost 6 points
    repeater gun cost 3 points
    tachyon cannon cost 5 points
    tachyon repeater cost 8 points
    tachyon driver cost 5 points
    plasma charge cost 5 points
    beamers cost 5 points
    mining beam cost 3 points
    scatter beam cost 4 points
    shock beamer cost 4 points
    mega beam cost 7 points
    side winders cost 4 points
    pulsars cost 5 points
    point beams cost 2 point
    flack guns cost 3 point
    particle gun cost 3 points
    Demeter launcher cost 7 points
    Demeter pod launcher cost 11 points
    weasel cost 6 points
    gluon bolter cost 10 points
    lancet cost 11 points
    missile launcher cost 4 points

anything else will be added via edit
Modding weapons:

1. For every modified value (except rotation), a weapon counts as one more thing. This means you can only modify four values in a weapon, because each section can only support 5 things. in this case, it would be the weapon, and each of it's four modified values.

2. A modified value costs the equal of it's number. This causes modified values to cost a lot. So even if the default number (-1) calculates to be, say, 5, if you put that number there yourself, it would cost five more points then usual. If you put the same value at 9, it would cost 9 points.

3. exceptions to rule 2 are bullet speed, interceptability, HP, fire rate, reload, or deviation. fire rate and reload have their costs calculated by taking 180, and subtracting the number, then dividing by 10. HP is 1 point per every 10 HP. interceptability is 1 point per every .01. bullet speed is 1 point per five percent above 100, and -1 point per every 10 points bellow 100. deviation costs are calculated by 180 minus the number divided by 5.

This means if you took a blaster (3 points normally), set the HP to 90, the fire rate to 30, the speed to 115, and the deviation to 90, the cost of the blaster would be 48. it doesn't seem like much now, but it can amount to hundreds of points.

Feel free to use as many modified weapons as you want, as long as you follow these three rules. This means any ships with modded weapons will cost a lot.

There is a requirement of 3 sections per deflector, and 10 per nano matrix. Nothing is allowed to be parented to the core except the sections, and nothing can be parented to anything it doesn't overlap. Also, point beams and flack guns are not allowed unless there is no other similar modual on the section. This means that ships with good defenses must have lots of sections. Also, each section can only have 5 sections, weapons, or moduals attached. Any number of doodads is allowed.

Ai types have affect on cost: 
Normal: +/- 0
Broadsiding:-2 points
Flanking: +2 points
Kamikazee:Illegal 
Remember, you are buying your fleets by the ship. Pleas post a .zip or .rar with 5 types of ships, with each one being unique, and tell me in the post how many of each you want in your starting fleet. When you gain points, you will buy just from those five ships. There are no bonuses for size, like carrier, battleship, patrol craft, etc., just the point system posted above. I will chose the 4 people based on the pics they post with their ships, not the first four people.
Ships auto repair after battles, but any destroyed don't come back. Any ships in the fleets of the players are allied, anything in the rooms to fight are enemy.

This will have plot twists, so rooms may dissapear, you could find ships that will help you, etc. I will decide.

Also, remember that these ships are representations of your characters in the dungeons, so please post race/age/item information for your character. No psi powers are allowed in the characters!
Last edited by flabort on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:26 am, edited 13 times in total.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Jesus Christ, you don't even need a body of a ship - not even considering it would be way to expensive anyways. Just mass weapons and point defense.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

when all people are signed up, they will start in this room, with one door to the south, and one to the east!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Important notice; near-flamewar removed on request of topic owner. With applause to all involved, including myself.

Left Kenshin's post because it was on-topic.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions. Instead of posting a ship representing the player's character, how about a ship that represents an actual ship? And instead of a dungeon, a series of space sectors connected by two-way jumpgates? I think it makes more sense that way. This might be the opposite of what you're going for, but I'm just throwing it out there.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Verminator wrote:I'd like to make a couple of suggestions. Instead of posting a ship representing the player's character, how about a ship that represents an actual ship? And instead of a dungeon, a series of space sectors connected by two-way jumpgates? I think it makes more sense that way. This might be the opposite of what you're going for, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Actually, the main fleet IS supposed to represent the character, the "helpful" ships you may find are representative of items like swords and guns and such, even though swords will be rare, as that technology is obsolete by now.

Actually, I'll throw out the starting story line now, to attract sign ups:

Code: Select all

in an age were war is scarce, and prosperity has brought sluggishness and ignorance, resources have grown scarce. At risk of violating a non-aggressive pact with a neighboring country known only as Reppyre, the Emperor of Leminia, a space fairing empire, has sent it's six bravest members of all Leminia deep into Reppyre territory to find resourceful mines. Having lost one of the team with a run in with a deadly meteor shower, they finally made it to an asteroid which according to the radar was filled with valuable resources. They landed and the five remaining members got out of the ship to explore and find an opening. Finally, they DID find a way into the depths of the  asteroid, and entered to see what they could discover.

What they discovered, though, was much worse then they thought. the resources were being stripped away by what seemed to be a bio-engineered mining machine, with more defensive weapons then could really fit on the body. But instead of firing back when they opened fire with the hand held lasers, it only took one shot, and instead of hitting anyone, the shot just hit a few lose rocks in the roof. However, this shot caused a cave in, trapping the party. As they turned in fright to the closed off entrance, a few more lose rocks fell down and knocked everyone unconscious. when they regained consciousness, they found they were still in the cavern they had been in, but the machine was gone, and two doors led deeper into the asteroid. As images swirled in the parties head, their vision changed, as everything became blurry, split, and confused. when they could see straight again, each was seeing two images at once, the normal reality, and a vision similar to the simulations they had been run through to pilot their ship into the Reppyre kingdom. Hoisting what weapons they had, they prepare to get to the bottom of this all.
So a good fleet is important, but your characters will still be able to interact. the four who sign up will each post an action, then i will post mine, as well as the consequences of the actions. if an entire fleet is destroyed in their second vision, then who ever's fleet it is dies. I will not give my own character any benefits, he will be as ignorant as any other character. whoever posts first, does his/her action first.

my own fleet is 80% done, i will post my characters and fleet soon.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

This wouldn't fit in above post, so I'll put it here.

I've finished my own character's fleet, here, and I'm hoping other people will build ships, too. the points for my ships are:

Turnwinder: 96
MyNerd: 58
Tarrich: 84
Shocktrium: 161
Spickler: 216
I know the names are weird, but all my ships have out of the blue names. :roll:

My starter fleet will be:

2 Turnwinders
1 Spickler
1 Tarrich

This is 492 points, just withing the maximum. it shows that fleets will be small, so any huge battleships will cost a lot. Every ship destroyed by your fleet will give you half the amount of points the enemy ship is worth, by the way, so you will be able to build on to your fleet soon. A small ship is a suggestion, in case you have only a few points at the time.

My character himself:

Name: Rickzard
Birthplace: Human "Relium Space colony", Lumkriss orbit.
Race: Human/Pubble cross breed.
Information on Pubbles: Red skinned humanoids originating from the desert covered planet of Lumkriss, Pubbles have a low IQ, a quick temper, and usually big collections of guns. They have no liking to technology, but will even pilot ships if at gunpoint. They usually have retractable claws in their feet, but other then the pistols and other weapons, rarely have a weapon in their hands. This makes their kicks rather deadly, but they are rarely within range to use their feet against anything of threat.
Cross bread Data for Rickzard: Retaining the Skin and claws of the Pubbles, and the intelligence of a human, Rickzard has an easy time piloting any ship, but due too the aggressive nature of his pubble ancestry, is rarely chosen to be a pilot, let alone a captain anyways, as he will shoot at almost anything that doesn't clearly show Leminian markings. His gun collection is no less impressive than any other pubble, by the fact that his lack of fear for technology has allowed him to collect many more types of weapons.
Father: Pubble, named Arkzume
Mother: Human, named Sarah

Non simulation inventory: rapid fire .352 magnum pistol (fairly inaccurate), Negative matter propulsion style "Mercury Flicker", Leminian Uniform Shirt,
Leminian Uniform Pants, Leminian Uniform Jacket, Food rations for 7 Days, water canteen.

As he regained consciousness, and looked around,Rickzard noticed his companions were also starting to stir. The room spun around him, and he couldn't get up. finally, as the headache dissolved, he became aware of a "double vision", seeing both what was reality, and what seemed to be a run through of the training program that he had been run through before being sent to this place. he slowly stood up, looking around, and hoped he wasn't going to throw up. what he saw dismayed him. The entrance to this cave was blocked off, and only two doors led out of the room, both of them heading deeper into the asteroid. He then picked up his weapons, and went to the task of rousing his companions.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

wow, still no-one? oh-well, doesn't matter.

Knowing I'm triple posting (please forgive me), I will say I will be absent for ten days, starting soon (most likely tomorrow), and I was absent all last weekend. Did you know it doesn't hurt one bit to be slapped on the head with a trout? :lol: I had been backpacking up in the "local" mountains with my father, and i caught the second fish of my life! actually, it's quite exiting.

but back on topic. if any one put's their entry form up in the next while, it will not be read by me until i return, but that's NOT a warning to not post, i expect lots of entry forms when i return! and, if i don't get any, oh-well.

also, i want to make a small side note. i realized this was more of a D&D game than an RP, but hopefully that won't put anyone off. no dice are needed.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

I don't know, maybe i'll join :P not decidet yet.
EDIT: what's the starting accel/turnrate/speed?
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Hiant wrote:what's the starting accel/turnrate/speed?
All default values are zero. Only the base HP for the core is not 0 (it's ten), and all weapon stats are not 0, but all negative one.

Also, if you do want to modify weapons, I am adding these rules:

1. For every modified value (except rotation), a weapon counts as one more thing. This means you can only modify four values in a weapon, because each section can only support 5 things. in this case, it would be the weapon, and each of it's four modified values.

2. A modified value costs the equal of it's number. This causes modified values to cost a lot. So even if the default number (-1) calculates to be, say, 5, if you put that number there yourself, it would cost five more points then usual. If you put the same value at 9, it would cost 9 points.

3. exceptions to rule 2 are bullet speed, interceptability, HP, fire rate, reload, or deviation. fire rate and reload have their costs calculated by taking 180, and subtracting the number, then dividing by 10. HP is 1 point per every 10 HP. interceptability is 1 point per every .01. bullet speed is 1 point per five percent above 100, and -1 point per every 10 points bellow 100. deviation costs are calculated by 180 minus the number divided by 5.

This means if you took a blaster (3 points normally), set the HP to 90, the fire rate to 30, the speed to 115, and the deviation to 90, the cost of the blaster would be 48. it doesn't seem like much now, but it can amount to hundreds of points.

Feel free to use as many modified weapons as you want, as long as you follow these three rules. This means any ships with modded weapons will cost a lot.

P.S. I'm not extremely surprised to see no sign up forms filled out yet, but I am a little bummed that my mostly original idea doesn't have many people willing to try it. Now I know how my many hero's felt: Nicola Tesla, Wilbur Wright (The "inventor" of the air plane), Will Wright (modern Maxis employee), Einstein, and other geniuses. I just hope people will sign up "soon".
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

I feel like I'm committing a crime, bumping my own subject up 7-9 threads. i'm not 100% necroing, because it's my own thread, but i'm tired of waiting for someone else to do it, so i'll have to do it, and double post. oh, well. it seems with lack of activity, i have more planned then i meant too. comes out of boardome. oh, well. turns out i STILL have more to learn, but in the mean time, i'm still waiting for members, and participating in other rps, so my scedual (sign up wise) is slack, so just sign up at your lesure.

first boss seems rather weak, so i'll make some cronies to accompany him. map file was lost, so i'll make a new map in a better format, but since this was started in eager, underknowledged ignorance, and i'm now involved in other things, feel free to consider this a "long awaited but not really cared about" update bump.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Shouldn't this be in the contests section?
We kind of have to build contest ships for this...
And its just a little too complex for my liking...
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

arcane dude would have moved it during the flame war if it was in the wrong section. I think. but just to clarify, you just BUILD a few ships, SPECIFY how many of each you want, and PLAY like any other RP, but upgrade your fleet by spending a few points to spawn more ships each battle. that simple enough?