Infection - Round 3

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Empty
Captain
Captain

Infection - Round 3

Post by Empty »

Well, last round is over, the crew won, excellent work!
Let's start a new round.

NEW FEATURE ADDED:
The Captain can now Veto ONE ejection.

The player list has been reset, you must now reapply to play.

First Game: One night stand.
Previous Game: Rock and Roll!

If you know how to play mafia then you can play this easy

Okay so everyone playing is trapped on a ship, and we've had an unknown organism infiltrate the ship, it's infected several people, but we have NO IDEA who is Infected. The Infected are incredibly hostile and each night, they each attempt to kill another member of the crew.

These murders are often gruesome, but as a side effect, they often have vague clues involved, if you can piece together the clues using your wits [and special powers, but that's later] you can eject the Infected into space.

Once per GAMEDAY [this is not equal to real time] everyone will vote, this will be a public post in the thread, and at the end of the day [24 hours, or everyone has voted] one person will be ejected into space to die, you will then find out if they were Infected or if you have falsely accused someone and sent them to their death... Ties will result in both being sent to their death, 3 way ties will be dealt with at the time. [Probably a coin flip type thing]

The Infected are not stupid [hopefully], and they know they are outnumbered. So they will try to stay hidden amongst you, deciphering clues incorrectly, spreading dissension amongst the ranks, voting for innocents, they must try their best to kill everyone else on the ship, while remaining unknown themselves to avoid the daily ejection.

After each Gameday's Ejection, it becomes gamenight, all the Infected PM me with their target, they may chat over whom to target at night, they are allowed to converse freely. In fact any player can converse freely about any aspect of the game, however if you are going to ruin the game [revealing fellow Infected is the main nono.] then you will be PERMANENTLY BANNED from all future rounds.

Now you may think the Infected have the advantage, getting to vote, AND murder daily? Wow, that's not fair is it?
Nope, that's why you guys have to rely on your wits, but you have a few trump cards. Each round a few [NOT ALL] players who are not Infected, will be assigned a special role and a special power, they may reveal their own role, but doing so puts them in the sights of the Infected.

To start with, there will be 4 special roles.
All special roles are high priority targets for the Infected, if you are killed with a special role your role will be shown upon the declaration of your death, murder or ejection. You are important, but sometimes a simple unskilled crew member who can put together clues will do more good for the crew. Use your skills wisely.

Captain:
This is not a randomly assigned role, it is voted upon at the start of each round, but only if said round has a captain, for simplicities sake, the first round will NOT have a Captain. The Captain may order a double ejection, in a double ejection the two highest voted are ejected, if there is a tie with EITHER highest vote, [that is, if there are 2 first or 2 second] all 3 will be ejected. Also, the Captain may eject any person he likes when he is first elected, but only when that first time, he can choose not to do so however. He may choose to veto a single ejection once per game. He will PM me before the ejection vote is over if he wishes to do so.

Ship Medic:
The Ship Medic can choose to target one crew member each game night. This crew member will be saved and unscathed if he is targetted by any attack. The Ship Medic will choose his target by PMing me. The protected target learns of his saviour, but to the rest of the crew he remains anonymous, saving an Infected can cause more than just a little trouble!

Head of Security:
The Head of Security can investigate one person every second night, he will contact me with his investigation target via PM and at the end of the night, if he has not been killed he will be given the information on his target. If he dies, he may not share any of his knowledge and if he does via outside communication, report it and he will be banned from the next round.

Vigilante:
At the same time as the Infected, the Vigilantes are able to choose a target to attack and kill, their goal is to find and kill Infected, unlike an ejection they cannot be swayed by false Infected votes. If an Infected attempts to kill a Vigilante and the Vigilante attacks the Infected at the same time [Or if another Vigilante targets the Infected] then the Vigilantes ALWAYS WIN. Vigilantes kill first, so they can prevent an Infected kill if they get it correct.

Infected: [Reference]
The Infected may each choose a target to kill each night, every night only the number of Infected minus two may be killed [but with a minimum of 1 kill] They should remain in contact.

Rick Role
We've know each other for so long
Your heart's been aching
But you're too shy to say it
Inside we both know what's been going on
We know the game and we're gonna play it
And if you ask me how I'm feeling
Don't tell me you're too blind to see

Crew Member
Anyone who's not an Infected or a member with a secret role is a Crew Member
You guys have to rely on your wits and the mercy of your more valuable crew members. Sometimes you will be used as cannon fodder, other times you will be instrumental in deciphering clues. Do your best to survive the ordeal. You're going to need luck, and lots of it.

Last of all, ANYONE can talk to ANYONE outside this thread, you can theorise together, work together, blame people, conspire... Infected can use this to spread suspicion however so be careful.

The only rules are:

Do not reveal fellow Infected.
Do not help either side if you are dead, you can talk, but you cannot tell them anything you know. AT ALL. Minimal posting in the thread if you have died please :)
If the number of crew is equal to or less than the number of Infected, the Infected win by default.
YOU MUST HAVE AN AVATAR

Playerlist*:
1. ChaosTheory
2. Himura.Kenshin
3. Gkug
4. T-002
5. derekiv
6. Normandy
7. BoVinE
8. flabort
9. doc525
10. Hege
11. Ninteen45
12. natan_j
13. Pirate_Che

[Bold indicates a stiff]
[Underline indicates you require an avatar!]

*as people die their name will be colored according to their role for reference. There will also be an Infected remaining counter.
Last edited by Empty on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:20 am, edited 10 times in total.
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

I'll have a go at this sign me up.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Round 3. Yayy :P.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

I can haz sign up nao?
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Yeah I'm in!
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

I have finished with Round 2, it may be locked at moderators will.
Keep the signups coming. Feel free to chat about last game here until we start as well. It was a good round, I commend the Infected.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Sign me up.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

What the hell, I'll try it this time.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Signed up ye be, good to have you back.
Bovine too!
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

I'm in as usual. :twisted: actually, it was me who told himura to hack the machine, if i died. i PM'd him, he PM'd empty with the target, and the kill type. the hack, by the way, was done before the ejection, so I had a helping hand...
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Lol, the infected only asked to poison his food. Ignore his ramblings.
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

One more spot?
I'll sign up.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

It's 1:20AM here, so I'm gunna roll off to bed, keep the signups coming, maybe we'll be playing by tomorrow!
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

Hey empty its U not E.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Hege
Commander
Commander

Post by Hege »

Ofcourse I'll come for the round 3.
I'll also try to be more active this time.

So sign me up.