The Great War has been cancelled.

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

---Secure channel-MRA High Command to all MRA allies---

It seems that these technocrats are blind. With every move they make we gain more allies, with every ship they send our resolve is strengthened.

We stand ready for this assault. The third fleet's beta division stands ready at the nearest Network Relay, and all outer colonies of the Ruustirii Alliance and Vilushan Sovereign Empire have been reinforced. They are prepared.

With this message comes a fleet roster of the third fleet/beta division;

Code: Select all

1x Vox Vocis class Dreadnought (VSES Dauntless)(C&C)
1x Daniel Hawking class Supercarrier (ENS Morgan Le Fay)
2x Studiosus Vernula class carrier (VSES Conundrum & VSES Alpharius)
2x Infinite Remorse class Armoured Cruiser (ENS Fearless & ENS Bozeman)
3x Studiosus Vernula class frigate (VSES Instigator & VSES Dante & VSES Offender)
2x Indomitable class corvette (ENS Pinnace & ENS Rhode Island)
3x RANCo Northernwind (RANS Tuo'Telhet & RANS Itvir Tenat & RANS Kalos Trie)
45th Flying Tigers
32nd Buccaneers
We are confident that Vice-Admiral Netann is capable of leading this mighty fleet to victory. They stand ready to intervene, no matter where the enemy must decide to attack. That is all.

Fleet Admiral Marcus van Gelderen

-----Message ends----

Okay, that does it for the MRA fleet roster for this assault, I've also received Droid's fleet roster;

1 Vassago-class Assault Battleship
1 Abraxas-class Assault Cruiser
1 Beherit-class Destroyer
2 Andras-class Frigates
3 Vapula-class Frigates
129th Fighter Wing (Familliar-class Fighters)
Now all I'm waiting for is the Encounters with his ships on. Almost ready for the big start, folks!
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

---Battle of Alpharia-Debriefing (MRA Council chambers)---

A viewscreen showing Vice-Admiral Netann lights up in the back wall.

"Members of the Movement Council, it is with great pleasure that I inform you that the battle of Alpharia has been won. We are victorious.

The enemy put up quite a fight, and while our starfighter wings fought valiantly, all starfighters were lost, along with the ENS Bozeman. Their deaths were not invane, though. Two of the three Alpharia drydocks survived the battle, and the enemy fleet was entirely eradicated. It will be some time before the enemy dares to invade our territory again.

We are setting up first aid camps on the planet to assist the crew of our damaged vessels and of the drydocks.

Vice-Admiral Netann out.

---Message ends---
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Prince Rovyos had stalked the length of the Illuminating Ascendancy for more than a week, his rage growing like that of a caged shadowbeast. His dress uniform lay forgotten in his quarters, catching glints of the light refracted through it's crystal walls.

Compared to the immaculate noble that left the Ormyryn domains, he would have been unrecognizable; he wore workers' overalls, stained with sweat, lubricant, and ichor.

His hasty jump to escape the picket blockade imposed by the Diarchs had successfully taken him to the MRA's borders, but it left the hull tarnished and most of the weapons inoperable. While he worked side-by-side with his crew to repair the damage, the news of the Vanguard vessel's destruction gave him a sense of relief, but also of rage.

If only I had been there, he thought, some lives might have been spared.

After all the toil, though, the ship was ready. At his behest, a powerful computer mainframe was assembled and harnessed for a massive battle-simulation to determine the effectiveness of the Illuminating Ascendancy.

TL;DR: Simulation Combat for balance. I am not changing sides, and this is not a real attack.

Some of the mightiest vessels of the Movement assemble in digital parody:

The battle is joined!

Beam-fire takes it's toll on all combatants; the Storm-Class inadvisability presents her lightly armoured hull to the Illuminating Ascendancy, while the Michael Goede takes shelter behind the Veneratio Deus after loosing most of her prow in the opening exchange:

The Storm-Class makes an ill-advised close attack run on the Ormyryn flagship, while the Hades-class suffers damage to her bow. Meanwhile, the Illuminating Ascendancy has taken massive damage to her bow, leaving the core alarmingly close to exposure:

Massive internal explosions tear through the Hades, raining debris on the Michael Goede. The Storm is all but destroyed, while the Illuminating Ascendancy has lost two of it's vital beam weapons and suffered heavy damage to her nose. The Veneratio Deus's shields have kept her safe from most harm:

Aware of the vulnerability to the ship's systems, Prince Rovyos turned the ship about, reducing weapon's coverage but providing a respite. The Storm is annihilated after a collision with one of the Ormyryn ship's wings:

After a prolonged nose-to-tail fight, Tyrriyn decided to take drastic measures - turning the ship about, he poured a full volume of fire into the Michael Goede, which was destroyed after prolonged internal explosions. The Veneratio Deus continued to endure by virtue of her deflectors.

Following close to two hours of sustained combat, the commanders made a mutual decision to end the simulation as a draw. The Illuminating Ascendancy's core was all but exposed, but could have turned tail again to draw out the firefight for a much longer period. The Vilushan warship had suffered damage, but likewise could rely on shields to prolong the fight.

The exhausted commanders, to say nothing of the computer mainframe, were at last afforded a rest.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

-- Communique from the Imperial Palace on Tul'thare --
The Imperial Tul'tharian Navy is now fully prepared to assist the MRA against the Technocracy. The First and Second fleets are completed, and are waiting in dock, Colander jump drives fully charged and ready for combat. The Third, Fourth, and Sixth fleets are nearing completion as well, and will be ready within days.
Attached are the ship registers for the First and Second fleets.
- Burryn Tanlor, Grand Admiral of the ITN

Target Register for Assault Fleets
Mir Class:
20 Thak
20 Puro
30 Kore
40 Krae
Den Class:
20 Thak
15 Puro
30 Kore
30 Krae
Kal Class:
20 Thak
20 Puro
20 Kore
20 Krae
Var Class:
10 Thak
5 Puro
5 Kore
5 Krae
Mak Class:
5 Thak
5 Puro
3 Kore
3 Krae

-- End of transmission --

Just as a side note here, on the Colander jump drive. It works similar to a Scinfaxi warp drive, except instead of taking one micro-wormhole and ramming it open, trillions of micro-wormholes are created in rapid succession, costing less energy, but is much more complex. Range for the drive is limited by one factor: the capacity of the charge capacitors. But, for the drive to be used safely, there is the need for detailed, near real-time scans of the destination, as slight gravitational disturbances can throw off the micro-wormholes' exit points, quite possibly destroying the ship.
Because of the potential of the drive to make reinforcing (as well as retreating) extremely easy, the TGE has reinforced it borders with a vast sensor grid. Though completely unarmed, ready vessels in the Defensive Fleets can be jumped in almost the instant trouble is spotted. As it takes a while to charge the drive though, combat-ready fleets are kept with the engines running, ready to make a jump whenever necessary.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Scinfaxi Begin Major Offense into Scourge Territory
After waiting on their allies, the Scinfaxi decide to go in alone

After several weeks of inactivity on the part of the GSE's allies, Emperor Skaalerg has decieded to launch a major offense againist the THV's slave race the Scourge, starting with attacking the Scourge stronghold Felin 20Z

After the announcement of the attack Emperor Skaalerg IV had this to say:
Every day we wait to attack the To'Hol Venaari, they and their allies grow stronger. Every day is a new is a new ship built, a new tank manufactured, a new regiment of troops trained. While this is going on, our allies are squandering precious time on hare-brained schemes which little to no chance of succeeding or are waiting on Dues ex Machina from the Alliance Remnant or the SIUS. We not wish to alienate our allies, we simply believe that we should not be sitting around twiddling our thumbs while the spectre of the To'Hol Venaari hangs over galaxy.

The Emperor has dispatched the newly formed 2nd Imperial Task Force to lead the assault on Felin 20Z.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

---Holonet Broadcast-Speech fo Archimandrite Nathaniel Cesarus---

The Archimandrite, in his plain-white uniform, is seen setting behind a desk. His face has a serious expression.

For too long has the council waited to do this, but they have finally seen the light of reason following the bold statement of the Scinfaxi Emperor.

They have given me full authority to control the MRA forces as I see fit, and I will only have to answer to them for debriefing on missions.

I plan to begin a grand-scale campaign as soon as possible, and I will wield the full power of the Movement fleets the best I can. We are currently preparing the 2nd fleet for an all-out assault on Elvein territory. We will also be sending the fifth fleet to aid the Scinfaxi in their assault. That is all I can say as of now. Cesarus out.

---End of broadcast---
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

GRAND SCALE ASSAULT AGAINST THE ELVEIN DEMOCRATIC FEDERATION BEGINS NOW.

---Military Broadcast-Archimandrite Nathaniel Cesarus---

Ladies and Gentlemen, today is the day. We will begin our full scale assault on the Elvein Federation with a raid on Dar Eshkalon, a major resupply depot for their troops at our border.

The assault will be quick and decisive, and it will leave their troops here vulnerable and exhausted, making them ripe for the plucking.

After this assault, a cleansing of their troops will follow along our borders. That is all.

Now I'm waiting for BB to make a fleet roster.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fleet rosters

Post by ArcaneDude »

Allright folks, the official fleet rosters for the next attack, by AidanAdv against Droid.

THE GREATER SCINFAXI EMPIRE;

Scinfaxi 2nd Imperial Task Force

Bannership-34th Emperor Ramses (KN-1 Kessel)
67th Emperor Popan (KN-1 Kessel)
12th Emperor Tito (NK-3 Yarvis)
3rd Emperor Byrodtas (NK-3 Yarvis)
124th Emperor Darerlor (NK-3 Yarvis)
14th Empress Rashana (UAK-3 Lihiyer)
34th Emperor Untangwar (VK-1 Xeres)
19th Empress Jaiwash (VK-1 Xeres)
234the Emperor Avtar (VK-1 Xeres)
174th Emperor Delicrious (VK-1 Xeres)
56th Emperor Oniscer (VK-1 Xeres)
133th Emperor Rayinaim (VK-1 Xeres)
78th Emperor Zhealdeng (HK-1 Workshen)
34th Emperor Chietris (HK-1 Workshen)
21st Emperor Ilditton (HK-1 Workshen)
53rd Emperor Reisis (HK-1 Workshen)
90th Emperor Weeltorm (HK-1 Workshen)
7th Emperor Theturnal (HK-1 Workshen)
132nd Emperor Gaphat (HK-1 Workshen)
33rd Emperor Feezdel (HK-1 Workshen)
80th Emperor Drauskurn (HK-1 Workshen)
30th Emperor Ardightaugh (HD-1 Workshen)
93rd Emperor Tostit (HD-1 Workshen)
PX-034 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-035 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-036 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-037 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-038 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-039 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-040 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-041 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-042 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-043 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-044 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-045 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-046 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-047 (HL-1 Gulgan)
PX-048 (HL-1 Gulgan)

THE SCOURGE;

1x Paimon-class Shield Ship (SSs Beleth) (C&C)
2x Chemosh-class Dreadnought (SaDn Nabeirus & SaDn Temeluchus)
1x Vassago-class Assault Battleship (SaB Tiamat)
2x Orcus-class Assault Cruiser (SaC Sathariel & SaC Gamaliel)
4x Andras-class Frigate (Frigate Division Eta-2)
4x Vapula-class Frigate (Frigate Division Phi-6)
44th Fighter Wing (Familliar-class Fighters)
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

DROID AND AIDANADV;

If your battle turns out to be a draw, a.k.a, you both win your encounter, you're going to have to make new ones. The reason? LAG. I do not have ten hours to play both encounters you sent me, and believe me, ten hours is going to be a close cut. The opening volley is so laggy, I can't even select ships. And that with my computer on high prestations, and the only other open program being IRC. Sorry, but these just aren't valid.

The main problem is the Scourge fleet, a lot of big ships with laggy weapons produce a lot of lag. Simple as that. Let them come in in waves, and there shouldn't be a problem.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

At speech given after the loss of the Battle of Felin, Emperor Skaalerg IV of the GSE had this to say:

I speak to you today at a solemn hour for the life of our country, of our empire, of our allies, and, above all, of the cause of freedom. The Scourge, have broken the Task force sent to capture their shipyards at Felin. We must not allow ourselves to be intimidated by the presence of the Scoruge's intimidating ships defending their worlds. And if the MRA Navy and the ITN, and our own Fleet, are well handled, as I believe they will be; if the MRA retains that genius for recovery and counter-attack for which they have so long been famous; and if the Conquest Fleet shows the dogged endurance and solid fighting power of which there have been so many examples in the past -- then a sudden transformation of the scene might spring into being.

It would be foolish, however, to disguise the gravity of the hour. It would be still more foolish to lose heart and courage or to suppose that well-trained, well-equipped armies numbering in the billions of males can be overcome in the space of a few weeks, or even months, however formidable. We may look with confidence to the stabilization and the elimination of the Scourge threat, and to the general engagement of the masses, which will enable the qualities of the Scinfaxi and MRA soldiers to be matched squarely against those of their adversaries. For myself, I have invincible confidence in the MRA and its leaders. Only a very small part of that splendid Conquest Fleet has yet been heavily engaged. No officer or male, no brigade or division, which grapples with the enemy, wherever encountered, can fail to make a worthy contribution to the general result. We must cast away the idea of resisting behind concrete lines or natural obstacles, and must realize that mastery can only be regained by furious and unrelenting assault. And this spirit must not only animate the High Command, but must inspire every fighting male.

We must expect that as soon as stability is reached on the Scourge Front, the bulk of that hideous apparatus of aggression which gashed the Alliance into ruin and slavery centuries ago will be turned upon us. I am sure I speak for all when I say we are ready to face it; to endure it; and to retaliate against it -- to any extent that the unwritten laws of war permit. There will be many males and many females in the Empire who when the ordeal comes upon them, as come it will, will feel comfort, and even a pride, that they are sharing the perils of our lads at the Front -- soldiers and naval personal. May the spirits of Emperors past bless them -- and are drawing away from them a part at least of the onslaught they have to bear. Is not this the appointed time for all to make the utmost exertions in their power? If the battle is to be won, we must provide our men with ever-increasing quantities of the weapons and ammunition they need. We must have, and have quickly, more ships, more tanks, more shells, more guns. there is imperious need for these vital munitions. They increase our strength against the powerfully armed enemy. They replace the wastage of the obstinate struggle; and the knowledge that wastage will speedily be replaced enables us to draw more readily upon our reserves and throw them in now that everything counts so much. The interests of property, the hours of labor, are nothing compared with the struggle of life and honor, for right and freedom, to which we have vowed ourselves.

Side by side, unaided except by their kith and kin in the great Dominions and by the wide empires which rest beneath their shield - side by side, the Scinfaxi and the people of the Movement to Restore the Alliance have advanced to rescue not only the galaxy, but all sentients from the foulest and most soul-destroying tyranny which has ever darkened and stained the pages of history. Behind them - behind us- behind the Armies and Fleets of our Empire and the MRA - gather a group of States and races: the TGE, the IVL, the , the Teutonische Republik, the Royal Sovereignty of Aralonia, the Infinite Domain of Elysia - upon all of whom the long night of barbarism will descend, unbroken even by a star of hope, unless we conquer, as conquer we must; as conquer we shall.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

--------Incoming message!--------

Sender: rns_intfleet_40@rnsmob.gc

Encryption: UEF31-L
...Decrypt verified

Subject: RNS 40th Fleet & 1st E-Force ETA in THV theatre of war

--------Start--------

Scout elements of 40th Fleet deccelerating, currently at 0.13c, will arrive at Sensran III near MRA command positions in approx 18 hours. Main force deccelerating, currently at 0.66c, ETA at Ordalius system approx 6 days. Vice Admiral Kouchner will accompany 40th Fleet scout force for meeting with MRA local command units. Grand Admiral Vistanay commanding 40th Fleet expected to meet with MRA grand command upon arrival. Construction of Brandy-class Fleet Stations will commence upon 40th Fleet arrival.

--------End--------
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Fleet Roster for the assault on Dar Eshkalon

The 2nd fleet 9th battlegroup

-1x Elizabeth Alex. Brewster MKII
-1x RAND
-1x RANCa MKII
-3x Spiritus
-5x Insania
-2x MD Rigourous MKII
-3x Per Odium Instigatus
-6x Windforce
-5x Laedo Ledo
-4x Indomitable
-41st Naginatas
-25th Olympians
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

In response to an attack by MRA forces upon the Federation territory of Dar Eshkalon, fleet admiral Alexander Montgomery will be commanding the 3rd battlegroup, in defence of said territory. The vessels fielded in the defence are as follows:

1XUndying Class Dreadnought
1XDauntless Class Carrier
2XIcarium Class Battleship
2XRequiem Class Cruiser (Support and Fleet Defence Variant)
1XRequiem Class Cruiser Projectile Weapons Variant
3XExclesior Class Destroyers
3XExcelsior Class Destroyers (Anti Capital Variant)
6XTiamat Class Frigates
15XRedux Class Corvette
1XShrike Class Fighter/Bomber Wing

The battalion has been sortied, and will arrive to set up defensive positions in Dar Eshkalon shortly. Fleet admiral Montgomery requested the ability to field a focusing array, but it was denied, due to the paltry size of the attacking and defending fleets, and due to the money expenditure that would be required to rebuild one should it be destroyed.
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

In response to the Scourge repulsion of the Scinfaxi invasion attempt, the TGE has sent a large fleet to aid the remaining Scinfaxi forces, and coming MRA reinforcements, in a large campaign to invade Scourge territory. The Tul'tharian fleet has arrived, and is now preparing for the initial assault.
Complete roster of the TGE forces sent:

Modified Assault Fleet Roster For Scourge Invasion Campaign:
Mir	Krae - 0
		Puro - 0
		Nole - 21
Den	Krae - 0
		Puro - 0
		Nole - 21
Kal	Thak - 24
		Puro - 0
		Krae - 0
		Kore - 21
		Nole - 15
		Nure - 15
Var	Thak - 15
		Puro - 0
		Kore - 15
		Nole - 6
		Nure - 9
Mak	Thak - 6
		Kore - 6
		Nure - 3
Tor	Thak - 4
		Kore - 4
Jul	     - 1
Total	     - 186

Fleets present: Second through seventh (6 fleets).
Other Modifications: None.
Grand Total: 1186
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
Skrim
Commander
Commander

Post by Skrim »

---Secure Galactic Holonet contact established with MRA Council---

Sender: President Prak Krin of the Vol'Nir Federation

Reciever: MRA President Haesrin Sytheusen

Message Start:

Greetings, your excellency. As you may be knowing, our species, the Vol'Nir, hails from a galaxy overrun by the Technocracy. The Technocracy destroyed an entire sentient race on our original home world, and destroyed the entire planet when we did not give them the worship they expected. By miracle, and by luck, some of our kind were able to escape to your galaxy, the "Milky Way", where we have reestablished our civilization.

But now, the ones who destroyed our world, the ones who ousted us from our galaxy have followed us here. This time, we will not run and hide... This time, we will fight together with the other civilizations of this galaxy... This time, we will show the To'Hol Venaari that they are not Gods. And, we will show their slaves the errors of their choice, what freedom they could have but and do not have.

We henceforth vow allegiance to your Alliance. Our best fleets are on standby now, ready to jump into action, and more powerful ships are in development to take on our old enemy with ever increasing zeal and strength. We request only the unity of our civilizations. For without that unity, as our species has seen in the past, we are truly doomed.

Thank you.

---Message End---