Conflicting Factions 5 [IC thread]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Conflicting Factions 5 [IC thread]

Post by Normandy »

Tick 0 reports have been sent out. This is the roleplay thread, so all posts here must be IN-CHARACTER, i.e. taking on the role of your leader.

Planet List:

Code: Select all

Planet
   City       SOVEREIGNTY      Infrastructure

Arial
   Corsiva     RGA              Fine
   Haetten     RGA              Fine
   Datum       [tU]             Heavily Damaged
   Georgia     REBELLING(RGA)   Damaged
   Verdana     [VC]             Fine

Tahoma
   Mincho      RGA              Fine
   Raavi       RGA              Fine
   Shruti      RGA              Fine

Serif
   Sylfaen     [RoL]            Fine
   Sans        AUTONOMOUS       Damaged

Mistral
   Tunga       AUTONOMOUS       Fine
   Vrinda      [VS]             Fine
   Outlook     AUTONOMOUS       Fine
   Gulim       AUTONOMOUS       Fine
   Mangal      AUTONOMOUS       Fine
   Batang      AUTONOMOUS       Fine
   Gothic      AUTONOMOUS       Fine

Lucida
   Antiqua     FCS              Damaged

Marlett
   Latha       FCS              Fine
   Kartika     FCS              Fine
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verdana Joins the Rebellion
The city of Verdana on the capital planet of Arial has now officially declared independence from the RGA. This may spell doom for the RGA, as Verdana is a major center of industry on Arial. The exact political motives behind this are yet unknown, but it is assumed that the city leaders were swayed by it's neighbors into this current state.
Last edited by Normandy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Oisín Conleth drummed his fingers. "What to do, What to do?" he muttered to himself, he decided to open up Solitaire. "Admiral," his secretary called, "General Aodh is here to see you."
"Send him in Róisín."
General Aoibheann had only been a Colonel when he and the brigade he commanded decided to follow Oisín and help to takeover Sylfaen. Conleth rewarded his loyalty and service by promoting him General and putting him in command of all the ground troops who had defected, and overall Commander of the Armed Forces of Republic of Leary.
"Good evening General."
“Sir, I don’t think we have time for pleasantries. At around 0600 hours we detected a small RGA fleet moving toward Serif.”
“Not entirely unexpected, but I didn’t think they would react so soon. What can we do to prepare for the attack?”
“We can place Laser Cannons Emplacements around the city, and the ISI Plant can crank out at least one new ship before the fleet arrives.”
“Good, then get on that.”
“Yes sir, also would it be possible to increase funding for the current recruitment drive?"
"Of course, I'll give you everything you need to defend the city should they land troops."
"Very good sir."
"Is that all General, I have some other very pressing matters to attend to?"
"Yes, sir. It was nice speaking with you."
With that General Aoibheann, saluted and walked out of the room. Oisín opened up his laptop and and decieded to finish his game of Solitaire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Production Orders
Build 9 Laser Cannon Emplacements for 1500 credits, 120 metal, 15 mineral
Build 1 Rockwell-class Frigate for 1500 credits, 100 metal, 20 mineral
Recruitment
Recruit 750 ground troops for 1500 credits
Misc.
[unnamed army] is named RoL Defense Force
[unnamed fleet] is named the RoL Grand Navy
Last edited by AidanAdv on Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Tick 1 reports have been sent out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victory for the Republic of Leary
The RGA, having sent an attack fleet in an attempt to scare the people of Sylfaen back out of rebellion, were defeated by the superior defensive, the RoL Royal Navy. This is a humiliating defeat for the RGA and assuredly is a huge boost for morale within rebelling cities.

Hull Construction Technology Advancements Abound
Recently a major discovery was made in the field of space hull construction. This technology leaked into public access servers, with research centers everywhere capitalizing on this new technology. As a result, the technology [Hull Construction II] has been widely distributed, allowing all people to utilize this advancement.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

The sun is setting below the horizon, Von Kevsig was watching the Vrinda's Skyline soaked in a reddish hue, through the crystal-made window of his palace. He was holding a glass of wine his hand, sipping it slowly.

"With Outlook, Gulim and Tunga against me, I am impossible to hold them off alone..." Von Kevsig thinks to himself.

Von Kevsig turned on the Holo-TV, it was the news time.

"Planetary News: The Gulim Republic has offically declared war on Vrinda Sovereign, stating that Vrinda is the cause of the Republic's constant poverty. Vrinda Sovereign is yet to respond of Gulim's stance. Shadi Ali Kalus reports..."

"Damn, it has started."

"Jennifer"Von Kevsig asked to his secretary, "Connect me to Councilor Bradon."
"Connected, your Highness."

"Good Evening, your Highness."Councilor Bradon answered.

"The Gulim Republic has declared war on us, does the Diplomatic Affairs bear any good news?"Von Kevsig asked.

"Sorry, your Highness, our diplomats failed to negotiate with Batang and Gothic for a military alliance."
"Which means we are now on our own."
"I afraid so, your Highness."
"If then, we will need to tighten up our defenses. Councilor, I order you to deploy more LC emplacements and increase the numbers of the defensive force."
"Yes, Your Highness. If you excuse me, I will need to go and prepare everything necessary. May God be with you, your Highness."
"Same to you, Councilor."

------------------------------------------------------------------
Production Orders
Build 12 Laser Cannon Emplacements for 2000 Credits, 160 Metal and 20 Minerals.
Recruitment
Recruit 1000 troops for 2000 Credits
Misc.
[unnamed army] is now named Sovereign 1st Legion
[unnamed fleet] is now named Sovereign 1st Armada
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:[Unnamed Army] is named the Uprising - Arial Sect
[Unnamed Fleet] is named the Uprising Arial Defense Force

Propaganda on Georgia, 140 Credits (Includes 100 worth of Food and Medical Supplies)
Propaganda on Haetten, 110 Credits
Propaganda on Datum, 100 Credits (Includes 100 worth of Food and medical Supplies)
Propaganda on Corsiva, 90 Credits
Propaganda on Verdana, 30 Credits

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hologram message spread throughout Haetten by the Uprising Underground (the UU), directed mainly at the "Young" (roughly 15-21):
Cerasi Andalus is shown leaning against a desk in a shadowed chamber, hard lines worn into her face and a weary look in her eyes. She is wearing plain clothing, and her hair is tied up out of her eyes. She spoke in a grim voice, only accented by the blaster pistol and energy blade that rested on the desk.

"I am Cerasi Andalus, co-leader of the Uprising, a faction committed to ending the oppression of the Royal Galactic Armada, freeing its many
cities across the system and leaving a government in its place that cares about its people."
Her eyes blazed as she spoke of the RGA. "They have long since cared about the plights of its people. Only a few years ago, they gained complete power over this system - not through treaties and diplomacy - but instead through conquest and destruction. My parents-" Her voice strained for a second, and her eyes faltered, flickering into sadness for the smallest fraction of a second as she remember their death. Moments later she started on with anewed strength. "My parents lost everything when the RGA ravaged their home planet of Lucida, the last planet to fall during the Unification Wars."

Cerasi's eyes grew softer, but her voice more grim. "I come to you in a time of strife. Even now, battles are being fought that will help decide the fate of our lives. Datum, once a proud city, is now a wreck, scarred by the Armada's weapons. But entire planets are fighting off the oppressive grip of the Royal Armada! We are the Young, we are the next generation. No longer can battles be fought in our place. No longer can we sit down while the Armada attacks those who fight for our freedom. We must take matters into our own hands - for a bright future." A pause. A spark of hope enters her expression. "I can only ask for your support. The Underground - a network that connects the entire planet - is forming sects in every city. We grow stronger by the minute, an uprising for freedom. We must not stop until we can erect a government that was made for the people, fought for by the people. All we ask that you join us in our cause... for only then can we take fate into our own hands.

All for One,
and One for All,
the Uprising awaits you."
Hologram message spread throughout Haetten by the UU, directed mainly at the older generations:
Nield Cambria is shown sitting in a chair against a blank wall, head held high. Similar lines have formed on his face, but, in his eyes, he exudes strength. He spoke in a steady voice, radiating confidence.

"I am Nield Cambria, co-leader of the Uprising. We are a faction committed to ending the oppressive rule of the Royal Galactic Armada. Please, listen to my message. Many of you remember the Unification War. Many of you remember the Armada's call to arms. They said that the war would bring peace, unity, and prosperity. Yet very few have seen the destruction that the Armada wrought in its conquest for power. For that was what it really was - not about uniting, or ultimate peace. No - it was a crusade for power. Diplomacy was discarded and the act of treaties ignored in the place of brute force. Nothing could stand before the Royal Galactic Armada's strength." As he spoke, scenes of destruction - Lucida's forests scarred, Serif's cities ravaged, Marlett's polar ice caps littered with the burning wreckage of destroyers and frigates - flashed by on the screen behind him. "This is the true nature of the Armada. These are the images that your government does not wish you to see. Arial's fair skies never saw any of the fighting, the killing, the slaughter that was the Unification War. This was wrought by the Armada! Little do they care for the plights of their people. Little do they bother about the lives they destroyed in their selfish quest for power. They promised peace, they promised unity, they promised prosperity. Yet look around. Nothing of these are found! They lied and deceived us. And now, the wraith that is the Armada has been unleashed again. Cities are being reduced to ruins. Planets are being scarred. Don't you see? The Armada is nothing but a power hungry beast that will stop at nothing to get what it wants. How can you stand around doing nothing against a government that does this? Once again our cities are threatened as war rages around us. Once again our planets will face the destruction of the Armada. The Rebellion, however, has given a new hope. This is our chance to rise, and throw off the shackles that are the Armada. This is our chance to establish a fair government that cares about its people. This is our chance. The Young generation has already committed to this cause, and we grow day by day. But we need your help. Together, we can overthrow the Armada, and erect a new government, one that works for peace and prosperity... for all.

All for One,
and One for All,
the Uprising awaits you."
Hologram message spread throughout Georgia by the UU, directed at all generations:
Cerasi Andalus and Nield Cambria are shown standing in front of a burned and gutted building, in the heart of Datum. Slight scowls are fixed on their faces, and their eyes burn with a strong determination.

"I am Nield Cambria." "And I am Cerasi Andalus." "We are the co-leaders of the Uprising, a faction dedicated to helping those in need and overthrowing the oppressive regime known as the Royal Galactic Armada." "Citizens of Georgia, we hear your plight, and have come to support you in your time of need. We have brought food and medical supplies to sustain you against the wave of the Armada." "We ask in return that you unite with us against the Armada. Three and a half months ago, the Rebellion was united under one front. It was a time of great success, and the Rebellion had surged forward. We ask now that you join us in our cause of ending the Armada, and erecting our own government in its place." "You may know us as the Young. You may know us as the Uprising. Join us, and together we can end this war on the very planet the RGA holds dearest. It is time to take fate into our own hands."

"All for One,"
"and One for All,"
"the Uprising awaits you."
Anty wrote:Buy 6 laser cannons - 1000 C – 80 Me- 10 Mi
Buy 2 ground to space Missile emp - 1400 C – 60 Me – 4 Mi

Research Plasma weapons I – 2500 C

Recruit 2500 ground troops – 2500 C

Total cost 7400 C- 140 Me – 14 Mi

This is as par to my request in the OOC thread. What was considered to be 'secret orders' were kept private in the PMs sent to me.
Last edited by Normandy on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Oisín hated the bunker, it was cold, it was dimly lit, and whenever he had to be there it meant something bad was happening.
"Sir, the RGA Fleet has arrived!"
"How big is it?"
"Six ships, but two of them are just transports."
"Get Captain Calbhach on the Comm, tell him he cleared to engaged."
"Yes Sir."
"Well, there's nothing to but wait now."
Oisín decieded to go take a brief nap in his quarters.
"Admiral! Our ships have been driven back to the atmosphere."
"Well then, tell the boys manning the laser cannons to start hunting."
"I'll' contact them right away."
Conleth walked back to the situation room and brought up a hopgrahic display of the battle.
"Why is one the RGA ships flashing red Róisín?"
"It means it's been hit, one of the laser emplacements got it."
"Oh good then."
"They hit another!"
"Those things were good investements!"
"The RGA is retreating!"
"Jolly good! We'll give the men manning those lasers medals!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Production Orders
None
Recruitment
125 Ground Troops
Misc
-The RoL Grand Navy is moved to the shipyard for repairs
Last edited by AidanAdv on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Tick 2 Reports have been sent out. It is requested, once again, that public orders (e.g. construction) are posted in the IC thread, along with an RP blurb.

Georgia Considering Alliance with the Young Uprising
Though thoroughly committed against many of the ideals of the Young Uprising, the council at Georgia is considering providing military and economic assistance to this faction. In the words of Elizarrus, chairman of the Georgian council:
"Though we do disagree only many ideals, we have found that we share one thing - a common hatred of the RGA. It is in times like these, with no certainty within our future, that those with common bonds must come together and help each other break free of greater evils."
This would be a major step forward in the Young Uprising's battle for independence, as Georgia is in a significantly better position, both economically, militarily, and politically. It is unknown as of yet the extent to which Georgia will help Datum.

War on Mistral
Mistral was bound for war - with no unifying authority on such a large planet, it was almost assured. We have reports trickling in that Gulim has declared war on Vrinda. No military action by either side has yet to be taken, but it is very unlikely that this war will remain cold. We will continue to monitor this situation as it progresses.
[OOC: On another note, I'd ask that you be less liberal with controlling NPCs. Remember that I technically control the NPCs. This goes for everyone.]

Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

After the stabillization of the city, Nicias steps on the stage on the central square to adres the people of Verdana: "people of Verdana! We have regained our freedom, but the fight is not over, actually it has just begon. There are many more of our brothers, friends and family still living under the terror of the RGA. The first liberation army is accepting all volunteers who wish to join the fight againts supression. Your city and your country will be forever in your debt, as you will be the heroes who saved them. further, martial law is now lifted. the goverment will regain control over the civillian aspects of the city. *Nicias steps of the stage*

back in his HQ Nicias sends a message to the Georgian counsil after hearing the reports that Georgia might join the tU : counsil of Georgia, we have recently heard that Georgia is considering an alliance with the uprising, while the Uprising shares our common enemy, they are not the only faction fighting them. tU is weak and there city lies in ruins, they will soon be recaptured by the RGA. if you support the VC you will be able to really make a difference. in return for economical support the VC will gladly share its technological advances with Georgia, we will also be able to send soldiers to help defend your city. we have send diplomats the begin further negotiations

orders:

rename unnamed fleet to alpha squadron

split unnamed army into 2 armies

1st liberation army 2000 men
capital defence force - rest

spend 500 credits to send diplomats to georgia to convince them to join the VC instead of the uprising, use an open approach and show the leaders of Georgia we are willing to negotiate
spend 500 credits on spy operations near Haetten