Infection

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

I'd like to join, but i don't have an avatar yet... let's see, let's see, were could i get an avatar... Maybe I'll make my own! [accent=snake]Yes... that's it... I'll make my's own.... hee hah hah hah hoo...[/accent] :twisted:
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Excellent, the OP is updated.

Only a few more and we can get the first round underway.

I really wish it could be posted in the general section, only certain people visit this forum and it's slow as heck.

Still, if this kicks off well it'll hopefully breathe some life into this cold barren subforum.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Count me in.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Come on, people. This'll be fun.

Join in, you guys. Nao!
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

WE MUST SHOW ZE WORLD THAT WE CAN DO IT.

Bien, you're added, this kicks off in 24 hours, PMs distributed before then, get your butts ready, late signups are allowed, just do it NOW!

This is pretty much just a practice round, to show that I can run this, there's not enough people but it'll do for now.

Our story begins...

The asteroid was unusual, it had high deposits of water underneath the rocky exterior, ice, obviously, but still odd for such a small asteroid to have an ice core.

It was brought aboard for further investigation, there was nothing odd about the asteroid itself, the normal percentages of iron, nickel, silicon, all normal ratios... It was sliced open, and still nothing seemed amiss. Simply an asteroid with an ice core. Samples were taken for further testing, but the excitement of the find dwindled quickly, rumors of alien life frozen inside were shattered, and life went on aboard Kremethea, as usual...

But the tests missed something. Something terrible...

Pvt. Hawkins opened the lab door with keycard borrowed from the science team leader. He snuck in and searched through the lab, he came to the cryogenic freezebay, where samples were stored. Opening the doors, he saw his goal, the small chunk of ice, headed for testing the next day. He chuckled as he picked it up gingerly and placed it in a small ziplock bag, ready for the prank he had planned.

What was left of Hawkins was found scattered around the airlock, and obvious fight had taken place. He had been the loser. Blood covered the walls and only a few limbs were found within area, the rest were presumably ejected. Nobody knew who had killed him, or why. But the missing ice chunk was a definite clue. Paranoia swept throughout the ship, people slept with knives in hand, doors were locked at night, but none of the crew could imagine the horrors they would be faced with on the following days.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

PMs are being dispersed. Day one is beginning.

THE INFECTION HAS BEGUN
Anything can be interpreted as a clue from this point inwards!

Our story continues...

Capt. Empty was sitting in his office, contemplating the days gruesome discovery. He watched the security videos a few more times, trying to distinguish who the murderers were.

The epiphany struck him with horror and disbelief.
"It can't be, it is! That face is unmistakable the murders must have be-"
He was tapped on the shoulder gently.
"Yes Empty. It's us..." came a voice from within the shadows.
"I trusted you!" Empty spoke, shocked to his core.
"You made a mistake there..." came a second voice.
"The Crew will figure it out, you won't get away with this."
"On the contrary..."
"Go to hell."

The blade cut his throat wide open, blood gushed out and he slumped on his desk, the black fluid pooled all over the notes he had written about his investigation, ruining them utterly. Before the two infected left, they ejected the tape and cackled to themselves.

Empty reached for some paper, to inscribe a message in blood. But it was too late. He weakened further, and went limp. Captain Empty, and possibly the crews chances of survival, died.

Later that day, flabort called a crew meeting, he made a short speech on how they would find and crush the murderers, he decided the best method was to have a vote, finding who suspected who, and the person who was most suspected, would be ejected.

Vote please.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Guys?
Where's the clue deciphering attempts, votes, and arguments?
WHERE'S THE BLAME GAME D:
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

What's the clue?
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

But the missing ice chunk was a definite clue.
The ice chunk, it's a clue. It must have something valuable, or deadly. Someone might have scanned it, without permission, and found out something horrible about it. But did not decide to report it to his superiors, maybe there is a virus. One that turns whoever is infected with it into bloodthirsty killers, that explains the gruesome murders of Captain Empty and Private Hawkins. Then that someone must have ejected it out of an, I am not necessarily stating that he ejected it out of the same airlock that Hawkins' murder has taken place. Or one of these killers has hidden it somewhere, within this ship. And last night, I heard a shout "I trusted you!", so it must have been Empty's First Mate. And who is his first mate? I don't know, but maybe someone knows.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Interesting interpretation.

You guys better start a bandwagon and choose someone to kill though, otherwise the infected will pretty much get a free kill...
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

I think the killer is T-002.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

One vote has been placed on T-002.
styrofoambullet
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by styrofoambullet »

i think we shouldnt boot the medic so i vote flabort
Yes, my avatar is a nerfgun machinegun.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

how do you know he's medic he can't reveal it. I vote flabort
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

The irony, the man who suggests the plan to defeat the infected, looks like he's going to be the first to die D:

Tally:
T-002 - 1 [bien4500]
flabort - 2 [styrofoambullet, Derekiv]

For reference, you CAN reveal your own role, whether anyone believes you, is another story.