The rise of the House of Wyrdysm: A Rome: Total War epic.

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should we go ahead with this, and what method should we use?

Let us head forth with this venture! Let us use option 1!
12%
A fine plan, Caesar! I say that option 2 is best!
20%
Suberb, Imperator! Why do we not combine both methods?
32%
What foul barbarian thought of this idiotic idea?
36%

Total votes: 25

Verminator
Captain
Captain

The rise of the House of Wyrdysm: A Rome: Total War epic.

Post by Verminator »

I've decided to pull Rome: Total War out of cold storage recently, and I want to have some fun with it in a way that involves the commuity of Wyrdysm. (While I realise we could use Medieval 2, RTW is probably friendlier on computers.)

For those of you who don't know, Rome: Total War is the epic empire building / battle simulator set in antiquity. This journey would see us take up arms as one of the patrician familes in Rome, expand the empire, and then seize the crown for ourselves.

We can do this in one of two ways.

1 - Everyone who owns a copy of RTW puts their name forward, and we have a vote or a game of chance on who gets to be the leader. The winner is consul for a set amount of time. When they reach the end of their term, or they are unable to continue, leadership defaults to the next person in line.

2 - There is one consul, who is elected from a pool of potential candidates. Whoever that is keeps their post permanently. However, he or she is held accountable to a council of members, who, even if they don't have the game, can help to shape Imperial policy. While the Consul is in control of the armies and cities in the game, he has to report back as frequently as possible to the council, announcing votes on next moves or important decisions. While the details of how a policy is acted out, as is the responsibility of fighting battles on the campaign map, the grand scheme of things lies in the hands of the Wyrdysm council. If any council member feels the current consul is not performing his duties properly, a vote of no confidence can be called in the current leader. If a majority rule in favour of ousting the consul, then he is removed and a new one takes charge in his stead. To prevent petty infighting and votes of no confidence based on personal vendettas and various other kinds of faggotry, if a person fails to win at least 30% of the vote, then they forgo their voting rights for a set time.

Or we could mix them both, uniting council politics with a rotating consul roster.

Veni, Vidi, Vici baby!

Let's put this to the vote.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

This is an awesome idea. Needs to be done now.

Im assuming the change in consul means that we send the savegame to someone else?
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

That's the idea. It seems like I can get to the savegame folder, upload the actual save to mediafire or other, and offer the download to next person in line.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

I really liked option four, I just had to pick it.

I like the second suggestion best, really.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I'd do this only if you guys used the Europa Barbarorum Mod. Vanilla Rome is just to... ewww and easy.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Ehhh, I'd rather stick with Vanilla for now. I'm not familiar with any mods.
DeathsHands
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by DeathsHands »

I have it. Vanilla, no sprinkles.

I say we should combine both, have a pool of canidates, and they vote amongst eachother (not for themself) for the leader. Alternatively, the people who don't have it can vote from the canidates.
[img]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7478/pinned1cz5.jpg[/img]
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Well, the general consensus is that we should either use method 2 or a combination of both. Anyone want to put their name forward for consulship?
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

What about there is a topic that has a poll of the candidates, and each candidate votes AGAINST another candidate, and the first candidate to join cannot vote. Noone can be voted against twice.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I'll think about that. First thing's first though, we need to know who has the game and who hasn't.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Well, I have it, but rarely play it and would rather just be in the council. Also, you should probably get this thread moved to the Holodeck.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

That's probably an idea.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Moved as requested.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Hmm, very interesting. I wouldn't mind taking part, though I'll have to re-install RTW. I'm bored of Medieval 2 anyways.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

If we're going to do this, It'll have to be in about a fortnight's time. I'm travelling tomorrow and it seems likely that I'll be without access to the internets for some time. I'll definitely be away from RTW in any case.