[RP][IC] PHOENIX - Chapter 1: Cryoburn

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Z'anh's Accelerated SMG makes a low hum, then a high pitched whine as it charges up the accelerators...

...then makes an irritated-sounding WARK noise and shuts down, before restarting and firing properly. The shot punches through the inner wall and can be heard ricocheting inside the walls for several seconds before it comes to a halt.

--

Kyle glances to Cori. "I'm thinkin', before we go, we should check out the medical centers. They might have some more info on what these guys did to us, hm?"

Anyone particularly perceptive might notice an odd tension in the air around Kyle, like the buildup of static electricity...
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Arcalane wrote:Anyone particularly perceptive might notice an odd tension in the air around Kyle, like the buildup of static electricity...
(OOC: I apologize. http://www.onemanga.com/Black_Cat/183/10-11/)
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

"Whoa, sorry, guess I sorta spaced out there. Hope the freeze didn't scramble my brains any." Jerome laughs uneasily at his own joke before pressing on. "Mods, you say? Anyone feel... strange? Not that it'd be easy to tell, I- oh hey!" he interrupts himself to grab a callahan full-bore autolock off the pile, declaring proudly "My very favorite gun! Er... Well, of the ones here, I guess. It, ah... looks cool? Er, right, right. Medical centers, great idea. Might have some information on that virus thing, too, eh?" the somewhat addled man hurriedly stows magazines about his person as he talks, snagging a fusion pistol and some batteries at the same time.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Coriyannah lofts a brow at Jerome and laughs softly, giving a slight shake of her head at his attitude and raising a hand to rub at her chin at Kyle's suggestion, "That's probably a good idea. I think I'm a biologist, so there might be some information in there that I can work from to figure out what was done to us," she replies in a thoughtful tone, staring at the floor.

Upon turning her piercing blue gaze upwards and towards him, she gasps and takes a slight step back, staring at him with a mixture of surprise and curiousity on her alien features, "There's something very strange going on here..." She mumbles, taking a step forward and reaching out to touch Kyle's shoulder very cautiously.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Elar, oblivious to Cori, brushes past, and slaps Kyle on the back.
"Yes, I think that would be for the best, with any luck, I might find out why I know so damned much, but remember none of it." He cracks a smile.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Just before Cori can actually touch Kyle's shoulder, she gets a small but fairly powerful static shock.

((Shortpost is short because my brain has melted.))
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Arrich had been taking advantage of the momentary distraction to the opposite corner of the room by the weapon pile, making sure to stay as far away from the others as possible. Shaking uncontrollably, he found the farthest desk and sat down behind it, facing the wall. bringing his knees up to his chest and hugging them he shut his eyes tight, rocking back and forth. He tries to calm himself in a hurried, yet hushed whisper.

"It's just a bad dream, it's just a bad dream. Come on Arrich, think. What's my last name, what's my- WHAT'S MY FUCKING LAST NAME."

He says the last a bit louder than the rest. Heart racing, he can barely think, thoughts flying around in his head, straining his brain. His palms are sweating, aftermath of the cryogenic freeze clearly not helping his physical condition any. His body was just not yet for such a... mentally straining situation moments after waking up.

"This can't be real - this can't be happening to me. Who- who am I? Who the hell am I?! WHERE THE FUCK AM I?!?"

He glances around the edge of the desk at the others, talking and laughing as if everything was normal. His vision stretches, everything seeming to move farther and farther away. Their voices grow to shouts, sounds getting louder as the beating in his head intensified. He hurredly gets up and glances wildly around for the weapons pile before scrambling towards it, then crashing over a chair in his way as heads turn to look at the commotion. Sounds of metal banging and clashing echo around his head, getting louder and louder as his pulse races. He crawls the last couple of feet to the mountain looming before him and grabs a pulse rifle, scrambling to his feet as the unsecured power packs slips out of the gun. He swings the rifle around to bear on the others and shouts in a commanding yet hysterical voice:

"Shut up! Everybody, shut the fuck up! I want to know what's going on here, and I want to know goddamn now!"

He stands for a few seconds more, swinging weapon from person to person, before fainting and collapsing to the ground.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Elar glances over, fists tense and claws half unsheathed, until he see's the powerpack and bursts out laughing.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Kyle almost gets a pistol drawn before Arrich collapses to the ground. He then facepalms.

"Fuckin` amateurs." he mutters under his breath. "Well, where-to first? We gonna blow this joint or check the biolabs?"
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Coriyannah yelps at the static shock from Kyle, stumbling back and staring at him wide eyed (which is very wide, for a species with eyes that are easily twice the size of humans'), rubbing at her hand where she'd recieved the electical shock.

"We should definitely go to the medical centres. I want to check you out with some of the equipment there. I think you're somehow generating significant amounts of static electricity..." She mumbles, wincing a little and raising her hand to suck on the zapped fingers, "Just glad it wasn't enough to burn me..."
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

"well, I'd like to get to the med center, but how are we going to get there or to the VTOL? We don't have any maps." Elar glares at the benign computer console.

"Who says we should split up? I'm going to find those medical files, so who are you all going with?"
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Jerome starts at Arrich's outburst, relaxes when he collapses, and then rushes to the fallen man's side reflexively, checking his pulse, breathing, and things of that nature.

"I think he's okay... just fainted. Guess I'm not the only one who got rattled, eh? Hopefully he'll be calmer when he wakes up. In the mean time..."

Jerome kicks away the weapons that would be within Arrich's reach, then grabs his neck and legs before slinging him up into a fireman's carry. He rolls his shoulders a few times to settle the load across them, then looks at the rest of the group.

"Now how 'bout those medithingies?"
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Kyle holsters his pistol again. "Static electricity? That's... gonna bring about complications I'll bet. To the medcenters, then... a place like this doesn't function without signs. It shouldn't be too hard to find anything. We can either split up or stay together. Just don't get lost." With that, he leaves the security offices, and heads back to the opposite end of the hall.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

(Can we just assume everyone follows Kyle?)
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

(If you want to. Staying with him will probably be a good idea anyway.)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ