[RP][IC] PHOENIX - Chapter 1: Cryoburn

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

"Hahaa, perhaps they are still getting over the shock of the situation, no?" Elar chuckles, eying the soft humans.

Glancing outside, he half shouts, "Out there looks just like home for me, but I believe you all will want something to help you fragiles live, so shall we search this base?"

"By the way, I am Elar," he says to the group at large, then leers at Z'anh, claws unsheathed, "and you should not make challenges you cannot win."

(OOC: I'm happy the creature the Crawn are based off of are desert dwellers!)
Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

Z'anh decides a confrontation with Elar is a bad idea and calms down. Ever eager he replies,

"Let's get moving then, I'm tired of waiting around here for something to come get me."

Hoping this is enough to avoid a brawl with the much larger Elar, Z'anh turns to the door and takes a step toward it.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Elar grins, and as the last of the glef euphoria fades, tries the door to the security office. (Assuming it isn't locked, he goes in. If it is locked, it goes the way of the last door in his way)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

The Security Office door looks like it might once have had some additional locking mechanism, but with the power so low, it caves in easily.

The office is a fairly large room, with various desks and lots and lots of monitors. A large array of monitors dominates the right-hand (southern) wall from the only entrance, and several wall racks on the far side are almost bare - but not entirely.

Kyle slips into the office behind Elar, making a beeline between the desks for the racks. "I'm gonna see if I can find us any firepower. The rest of you try and pull some stuff up on these computers and keep an eye out."

Before long, he's completely absorbed, climbing up the racks to check the top levels, and rummaging through containers. The occasional click and beep sound as he tests the charge on weapons, checking the power levels of energy systems and such. "Y'know I can't say our prospects look good but maybe I can find something..."

The assorted desk computers, and the main security console, beckon to our ragtag party, humming and glowing.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Elar glances at the human sized controls and says "I don't think I'd be much use at those tiny keyboards, mind if I look too?"
He walks over to the storage racks and looks around, but avoids getting in Kyle's way.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Coriyannah resists the almost overpowering urge to start nibbling on one of the humans that had just stumbled -- or in Jerome's case, fallen out of -- their cryostasis, instead turning on her heels to follow Elar and Kyle into the Security Office. She watches as the crawn and the human start rummaging for weapons, finally giving a small shrugs of her shoulders and searching the rest of the room.

After a moment, she steps over to the Main Security console, pressing a few buttons and attempting to gain access to it, bright blue eyes flickering about the screen as her long and dextrous fingers dance across the keyboard at speeds that most humans could only dream of.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Cori's searching is particularly.. *ahem*.. fruitful. It turns out that some imbecile left the maintenance system logged in. A little searching turns up that the facility was a Terran Alliance Navy research center. Most of it's development work was fairly mundane; weapons and defenses. It does, however, have a sizeable bioengineering wing. That's where things get interesting.

Some poorly-hidden documents titled "PROJECT PHOENIX" detail how eight subjects were abducted and mindwiped, then 'modified' - often several times in a week - at the bioengineering labs. The documents do not mention names of any involved staff, or the nature of the modifications. It does however state that the subjects were kept in cryostasis to ensure they didn't learn anything they shouldn't inbetween bouts of testing and modification. It seems they were kept heavily drugged up even then, and regularly mindwiped to ensure they remembered nothing.

A little more searching turns up that the facility was abandoned in a hurry. Some notes suggest a viral outbreak in the biolabs; others suggest budget cuts. Either way, whoever was here, they left quickly. A quick glance at the security panel displays that the defenses are soundly offline; the facility has nowhere near enough power remaining. This is quite fortunate, as the defenses are apparently powerful enough to repel any number of invaders... or vaporize any escapees.

Checking for maps comes up blank, however; it appears that the data has been corrupted. Leaving the terminal, something catches Cori's eye; one of the few still-functioning security cameras flickers and sputters, displaying some kind of hangar, occupied by a dilapidated but obviously still flight-worthy light transport VTOL. Whilst you don't know how to get there, it's certainly a start...

~~

Kyle and Elar's searching doesn't turn up much at first, but in his frustration, Kyle kicks a wall and it sounds oddly hollow behind the panel. With a bit of elbow grease, the two manage to remove it, and then pry off a couple more, revealing a small cache of weapons! *SECRET ROOM FOUND!* Miraculously, most of them appear to be well-charged and there's plenty of ammo, and spare power cells. Mixed curses and blessings come from the cache as it's contents are discovered and hauled out into the main security room.

There are several weapons available; a half dozen assault rifles, submachineguns, and pistols. Kyle grabs a pair of pistols, a submachinegun and a rifle for himself, holstering the pistols and slinging the others over his back. He stocks his suit's pockets with ammo and charges, grinning like a madman.

"This place might be abandoned, but hell if I'm wanderin` around without a little firepower, y'know what I'm sayin`? I suggest the rest of you do the same... take your pick!"

There seem to be a handful of different weapons; plasma-based, laser-based and coilguns. Who knows, maybe a little more searching might turn up something more specific, too...
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

OOC: So we get to pick a weapon of choice (within reason, of course?)
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

OOC: Yes. If you have something specific in mind (more than just a generic plasma/laser/kinetic gun) send me a PM and we'll work out the details.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Coriyannah lofts a brow as she reads through the computer terminal, sorting through all the information and giving a slight nod of her head. Shortly there-after she shuts down the computer without saying a word, moving to join Kyle and Elar. She grabs two pistols, a standard kinetic weapon and an accelerated one, and plenty of rounds of each.

Upon arming herself, she leans back against the wall, closing her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest as she informs Kyle and Elar quite casually of what she learned, and anyone else who happens to be present. ((Assuming you guys actually start posting again.))
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

K'haunir examined the choice of weaponry. His eyes finally fell on a sleek laser pistol.

M-149D model. Accurate and powerful. Thirty shots in a clip. Superb penetrative qualities, but routinely foiled by refractive smoke and reflective armour.

Where the hell did he learn that?

His eyes roamed across the rest of the selection, finally resting on a heavy looking knife. He picked it up, letting his finger touch the tip. A globule of mauve blood welled up.

Monomolecular. Will punch through most armour like it isn't there. Best used to slice the throat, or the jugular, on species that have them.

K'haunir was ill at ease. A thousand different ways of killing a hundred different species with this knife was coursing through his mind. Where he learnt this from he did not know, and the presence of this dangerous knowledge startled him. The computer consoles had told him that he was one of eight who had been enhanced in unknown ways.

Enhanced how?

He was eager and apprehensious at the same time. The complexity of the situation was tormenting him with a problem he had no idea how to solve.

Survival first. Then we can worry about this.

He refocused himself. He would not be cowed by this puzzle, or by the deadly knowledge he had no idea how he obtained. He would find the answer.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Kyle frowns and starts fiddling with his laser submachinegun idly, tuning the heatsink and focusing unit.

"Odd. Certainly answers a few questions, but raises many more... I dunno 'bout you guys, but I think we owe a few folk a little visit and get some more answers. Maybe some payback too, mmh?"
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Flashing a toothy grin, K'haunir spoke up for the first time.

"I like the sound of that, human."
Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

Picking up two pistols(one plasma and one standard), Z'anh looks up, damn I knew I shouldn't have messed with the computers.

Bending over he retrieves a Kinetic Accelerated SMG and feels like he should know the name of it. Fiddling with its workings, he fires a shot into the wall.

"I hate memory loss, anything to get my own back is sounding brilliant to me."
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Elar grabs a plasma assault rifle, and after fiddling with the focus, picks up two laser pistol.

He listens to Cori, trying to hide his anger, and manages a smile, more of a grimace at the word 'modifications'.

(Siber, I'm gonna eat your character, poooooost)