Races of the Empire

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Races of the Empire

Post by BoVinE »

I thought it might be a good idea to create a thread where we can post different species we've invented for people to use in RPG's.

Guidelines:
  • Posts must have a short summary of the species, including their advantages and disadvantages.
    Submit Home planet information, and cultural details, nothing pertaining to the ruling body or factions they are in, or things that would change from RP to RP.
    Make it detailed, or I'll do my best to get it deleted.
    Additionally, don't make them badly written, or trenchcoat them. They can be above human in several aspects, but also must be weaker than humans in some aspect.
    We're assuming sentience here.
You can suggest rules if you wish.

Example short format:

Name:
Planet:
Physiology:
Species Advantages:
Species Disadvantages:
Typical Jobs/Interests:
Mental Level:
Social Structure:
Religion:
Last edited by BoVinE on Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Sentience or Sapience?
[/post]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Daxx wrote:Sentience or Sapience?
Essentially both.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Damn, and I was hoping this was about cars. Space cars.
RavingManiac
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RavingManiac »

Name: Tralikoid
Planet: Tralika
Physiology: Evolved from an amphibious, dragonfly-nymph like creature, the Tralikoid is an interesting study in xenophysiology. Four thin legs sprout from the sides of broad, elongated, body which tapers at one end to a flattened tail and at the other to a thick neck. While possessing a thick segmented carapace, a cartilaginous spine has evolved for support. The head itself is crescent-shaped and contains a melon, a round organ which is used to hear by sensing vibrations through the carapace. Dual arms evolved from extendable single limb mounted below the head used to catch fish. Eyes are positioned near the sides of the head, and echolocation is also used for navigation both on land and in water. Hybrid gill-lung allows respiration in and out of water. Ability to curl up into a ball for self-defense. Ultrasonic speech and hearing. Length: 2.5m Height: 1.2m
Longetivity: 60yrs
Species Advantages: Amphibious
Species Disadvantages: Discomfort from extended periods of time without immersion in water
Typical Jobs/Interests: Spaceship pilot, Cetacean research
Mental Level: Human equivalent
Social Structure: Divided into "clades" based on ideology
Religion: Primarily monotheistic, with a significant presence of taoism-like beliefs.