[RP][OOC] PROJECT PHOENIX - Chapter 1: Cryoburn

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

I updated Arrich's character traits. Hopefully you'll find something useful as a plot hook.
[/post]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

/me is not exactly complaining. He has low hopes for most RPs these days.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

No giant ants or alcohol-resistant hobos?

You chose hard mode didn't ya?
some-1-dude
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by some-1-dude »

When i said lame, i simply ment that it was lame, but not a bad choice. Was i supposed to be overjoyed at not being selected?

And my grammar and spelling is not sub-par I just type and read really fast that often i make mistakes that i don't catch.
look a button!!!!!!!!!
must....resist....button...

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

If you're too lazy to not even capitalise your I's, then your grammar is sub-par. If you put any effort into typing properly, then you'd find that it doesn't really slow you down any. As it is, I don't particularly want to RP with someone who doesn't put in the effort.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Hooray for 60 WPM and automatic mistake correction. ;)

IC thread will be going up in a couple of days.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

P.S. post more you lazy gits.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Sorry, I'm going through a lot of stuff IRL at the moment. I'm having trouble making time for the internet. Hopefully when it's sorted out I can give this more of my attention.
[/post]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Blargh I'm sure I posted this but meh, whatever.

This is info on weapons!

~~

The number after the type of weapon is the minimum/maximum shots per cell/magazine/both (in the case of accelerated kinetics). Weapons with a higher ammo count will be weaker than those with a lower ammo count, and vice versa.

Ammo tracking will be 'fuzzy'. If you want to keep a specific tally, go ahead, but you only need to reload every so often. Instead of specifically tracking total ammo, each time you go to reload, roll a d20. If you roll below 10, you need to wait for your next round to do a reload search again. If you roll above 10, you reload as normal. 20 gives you nothing special. On a 1, you have completely run out of ammo (at least for the duration of the fight), and will need to find more.

I will be using http://invisiblecastle.com/ for any publically-posted die rolls. I also have a die roller script that I occasionally use when on IRC.

Rolls are needed when doing anything major. This could be stuff like hacking into a mainframe, conducting a hard repair job, or doing surgery - that kind of thing. Minor stuff doesn't need a roll, because that would just be silly. Minor stuff might be reattaching a panel, picking up a can and tossing it away, etc.

Rolls are also needed in combat, and it's simple. 9 or below is a miss. 10 or above is a hit. 1 is a critical failure (your gun might jam, overheat, have a power feed failure, etc.) and 20 is a critical success (you might instantly kill your target in some way, or headshot a fast-moving enemy at a right angle from 50ft with a handgun, and so on).

Bad roleplaying of combat actions can get points deducted from your combat rolls, so don't make a bad job of it, and remember; you don't hit unless the dice say you do!

~~

Plasma
Plasma weapons are considered the 'mid-range' of energy weapons. They have respectable damage output, but subpar cell capacity and tend to overheat easily. Plasma weapons are most often employed on vehicles and spacecraft as heavy anti-armour systems, though infantry variants are widespread - many pistol lines are selling exceptionally well as of late due to their high accuracy and stopping power. Plasma bolts are usually red, green or orange in colour, depending on their composition. A few "exotic" models fire light blue or purple bolts.

Basic Info:
Firepower: Moderate
Capacity: Average
Accuracy: Moderate
Ammo; Cells

Pistol; 10-15
SMG; 15-25
Rifle; 20-30

~~

Laser
Laser weapons are considered primitive by some societies, but they're still fairly effective. They balance firepower and cell capacity quite comfortably, and rarely overheat, even when fired for prolonged periods in autofire or sustained beam modes. They are commonly used as anti-infantry weapons. Most infantry-portable units operate in the ultraviolet range of the spectrum; police units also emit visible light. Vehicle and starship grade weapons extend into the gamma and x-ray bands. A few models use infrared EM radiation; these models tend to have superior range but inferior firepower.

Basic Info:
Firepower: Low
Capacity: High
Accuracy: Low
Ammo; Cells

Pistol; 20-30
SMG; 30-45
Rifle; 45-60

~~

Particle
The high end of energy weapons, particle guns are only usually found on ships and other vehicles. Frequently nicknamed "lightning guns" due to their distinctive firing sound and shot appearance (unsurprisingly somewhat like a bolt of lightning - think MechWarrior/MechCommander), they do a lot of damage, but take a long time to recharge between shots. Particle accelerators also consume a considerable amount of power with each shot. Very few infantry-portable variants exist, and take considerable strength to wield even with powered armour.

Basic Info:
Firepower: Very High
Capacity: Very Low
Accuracy: High
Ammo; Cells

N/A

~~

Kinetic - Standard
Kinetic weapons are often regarded as even more primitive than laser weapons, but magnetic accelerators are a whole different ball-game. Standard kinetic slugthrowers are still widely used; they require no power cells (just magazines of ammunition) and are easily maintained, unlike more complex energy weapons. Most 'modern' kinetics are capable of firing in a vacuum thanks to advanced propellants, and are not subject to the affects of electronic weapon jammer systems, making them a prime choice for rebels and insurgents.

Basic Info:
Firepower: Moderate
Capacity: Moderate
Ammo; Bullets

Pistol; 8-10
SMG; 15-20
Rifle; 20-30

~~

Kinetics - Accelerated
Accelerated kinetic weapons are far more powerful than standard kinetic weapons, but require power cells and ammunition (though their ammunition is far lighter and smaller than that of standard kinetics) and are vulnerable to weapon jammers. Most infantry-portable accelerated kinetic weapons operate using magnetic coil systems for efficiency and safety, although some use rail acceleration systems. Ironically, they are still regarded as primitive, despite their firepower, accuracy and relatively-advanced nature.

Basic Info:
Firepower: High
Capacity: Low
Ammo; Bullets & Cells

Pistol: 6-8
SMG; 10-15
Rifle; 15-20

~~

Electronic Weapon Jammer:
Whilst these are useless for ship-to-ship warfare, or vehicular combat, they are nevertheless widespread in areas where neutrality is preferred. By suppressing energy buildup through careful manipulation of certain wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation and magnetic fields, EWJs effectively prevent most energy weapons - or weapons that are powered - from firing. Conventional slugthrowers, due to their mechanical nature, are not prevented from functioning. EWJs are proven to be totally safe, although extended exposure tends to lead to mild lightheadedness and minor tinnitus (phantom ringing or humming sounds in one's ears).
Last edited by Arcalane on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Let me make this clear.

If I do not see posts from people very soon, I am going to start handing out more of those | signs. Each one is a strike. You reach three, and you're out of the game and your character is either available for someone else to take over, or will be offed for someone else to get in.

Got it?

This is not funny, and is actually trying my patience a little. Siber and Daxx have at least apologised and have excuses, but I've seen nothing from two certain folk I won't mention.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna

Post by Anna »

I, however, will mention them. :D

Wolfbrother, Verminator, get your asses in gear and start making IC posts. Or just drop out for someone else to join, if you're too lazy to do something so simple.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I'm sorry, I was waiting on a reply to a PM I sent to Arcalane regarding weaponry. So, can I have my knife or shall I just forget it?
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Anna

Post by Anna »

I'm assuming since we've got a wonderful selection of GUNS to choose from, a knife is probably a fairly easy ask. But I'll wait for Arcalane to weigh in on the matter.
Quality Control Enforcer
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Yes, you can have your damn knife. It has a +9 against ogres, because you got a 20 when I rolled the dice. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

no melee weapons section? (other then Anna's kitchen knife)