IRC Based Roleplaying Game - Details Inside

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TehJarl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TehJarl »

I'll give it a try.
The world be a better place if all the idiots were removed. A desolate place, but a better place.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

What is it that you'll give a try, exactly? Making a character and joining the RP? If so, then you have a week to create your character, and you'll have to be online at... around 7 or 8 am on Thursday, in Singapore, I believe it is. Think you'd be able to make it? :P
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Anna wrote:Think you'd be able to make it? :P
Only if he's not a student. :lol:
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
TehJarl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TehJarl »

Na'En Penny(No, for short)
The world be a better place if all the idiots were removed. A desolate place, but a better place.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Wait... did my post get deleted, or did it just not work?

How did the session go?
Last edited by Himura.Kenshin on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Anna

Post by Anna »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:Wait... did my post get deleted?

=P

Or did it just not work?

=\

How did the session go?
I asked Arcalane to remove all the silly posts from the thread, since they were clogging it up. Session hasn't started, yet. It begins in eight hours. I'll post the log of it in here, once it's done.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

eh. I was talking to people in IRC, and my guy looked just like Siber's. I'd rather do cast of thousands than put time into a backstory.
Anna

Post by Anna »

First Session is complete. Here are the logs. :D They're messy, and long, but they're rather an entertaining read, at some points.
* GuyWhoRunsThisShit changes topic to 'The Town of Wainsborough, Population: 6410. A quiet, friendly town in the middle of nowhere. For now. - GAME IN SESSION!'
* Ben guns his motorcycle. "Damn, I need some gas . . ."
* Eric_Laughlin looks around, pondering what else he should bring.
* JasonT is browsing the sellection of sugary toothrot
* Man sighs woefully.
<Man> People...
* Eric_Laughlin "Ugh, I'm going to need more coffee.
* Victoria_Aberdeen taps her watch as 'james' her driver works the gas pump
<Man> One would think at this hour this store would be empty...
<GuyWhoRunsThisShit> Wainsborough, a late saturday night in Wainsborough. The majority of you are in Steve's Local Convenience store and Gas Station. Steve's a fairly nice guy. You all know him in some way or another. The store is packed with all sorts of food, snacks, coffee. Surprisingly, it's quite busy this time of night.
* Marie_Hawke stares at the chilled pre-made coffee with a O__O;; face while listening to some random alternative rock song on her not-an-iPod MP3 player
* GuyWhoRunsThisShit is now known as Steve
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Why are there so many people here this late?
* Victoria_Aberdeen yawns
* Ben pulls up to a 24 hour station. "Hmm . . . lots of people today."
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I'd like to get home and sleep some.
<Marie_Hawke> [[We're using #bsf as OOC, right?]]
* Steve is now known as SteveNPC
<SteveNPC> (Yes.)
* Eric_Laughlin looks at a lighter, and decides to buy two.
* Man turns to leave the store, but accidentally bumps into Eric Laughlin
* SteveNPC stands behind the counter, watching the customers with one eye while his other eye focuses on the TV. Shouts can be heard, from further down the street, indistinct, but there.
* Ben pulls on the gas pump. A girl seems to be sitting impatiently in the next pump over as her (boyfriend?) fills the tank.
* Man quickly withdraws from Eric and continues his walk
* Marie_Hawke flicks open the refridgerator with her finger and grabs three bottles of coffee, one mocha, one caramel, and one vanilla.
* JasonT becomes distracted from his consumerism by the sense that something isup and starts drifting towards a window wall
* Eric_Laughlin looks at Jason, and turns toward the other window.
* Victoria_Aberdeen wonders why her partydate is so incompetant with a pump
<Seolla> Steve, here's the 55 dollars from the fill-up. Gas is so expensive...
* Marie_Hawke smiles and speaks quietly, "Coffee. Lifeblood of the late-night fuck-sleeping teenager..."
* Ben looks up from the pump. Shouting down the street. He closes the lid on his tank and replaces the pump.
<SteveNPC> BANG. A loud gunshot rips through the air, followed by several others. One bullet smashes through the window of the store and buries itself in Eric's forearm.
* Marie_Hawke bounces along a bit to Reptilia by the Strokes as she walks towards the counter
<Marie_Hawke> Oh shit!
<Victoria_Aberdeen> What the hell was that!
* Eric_Laughlin Cringes as the bullet hit him
<Eric_Laughlin> *hits
* Marie_Hawke rips her earbuds out, turns off MP3 player, and ducks behind a row of bagged snacks.
* Victoria_Aberdeen could feel the vibration, though couldn't hear it
* Ben drops to the floor. His hand reaches to his gun hilt out of sheer habit.
<Marie_Hawke> Anyone hit!?
* JasonT stares at the shattered glass in shock probably too long before droping down towards the ground
* Man continues walking, seemingly unphased by this
* Eric_Laughlin "I'm hit!"
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I've shoot enough guns to know that vibration was from one
* Seolla spins around, trying to figure out what happened
<Marie_Hawke> Where are you hit and where'd it come from?
* Ben dashes to the rear of the gas station, away from the shots.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> JAMES! Get in the car!
<Ben> "Damn, i hope the gas pump doesn't get hit . . ."
* Victoria_Aberdeen looks up to see james is missing his entire head
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Oh god
<SteveNPC> A car is heard ripping off down the street. A groan is heard, and an old man limps towards the store, clutching his abdomen as he falls inside.
<Seolla> (Er,jumping ahead there liz)
<JasonT> "What the hell?!"
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (Meh need to get rid of him anyway)
* Marie_Hawke looks around the corner to see the old man limping
* Eric_Laughlin : "I need a medical kit!"
<Marie_Hawke> ...Oh my god. What the hell is going on...?
<SteveNPC> (Okay. Guys. Slow it down a little, thankz plz. And I control the NPCs. No one else. But yes. James' head has a nice big bullet hole in it.)
<Man> ((That's not me, right?))
* Victoria_Aberdeen gets out of the car and stares blankly at James corpse
<SteveNPC> (No, it's not.)
<Victoria_Aberdeen> What the ..... what the hell
<Seolla> Steve, where is your first aid kit?
* Man turns back to see the commotion going on at the store.
* Marie_Hawke runs over to a first-aid section of the store. Is there anything there?
* Ben peers around the corner. A girl with blood on her clothes is standing, transfixed, staring into the car.
<Marie_Hawke> [[Tweezers, gauze, bandages, pads, anything]]
<Ben> "You! Get the hell over here!"
* Eric_Laughlin "I can fix my own wounds, I just need a kit!"
* Marie_Hawke looks around and sees Victoria. "Get down somewhere, there's bullets flying!"
* SteveNPC just stares in shock, stammering and fumbling for the door into the storage room, and disappearing inside. The store carries rudimentary first aid tools. Oh, and there's an old man dying in the middle of the store, in case you forgot.
* Marie_Hawke just grabs one of everything off the counter and brings it over to Eric. "What do you need?"
<Seolla> I'll ask Michelle to call 911, and run to the old man asking what's wrong and if I can help him.
* Victoria_Aberdeen just stands there and stares blankly. Completly shocked
* Eric_Laughlin "I need pliers and some gauss!"
* Marie_Hawke runs over to the old man. "Where are you hit?"
* SteveNPC is now known as OldGuy
* Eric_Laughlin "My arm, I'm a past surgeon, so I should be able to help you."
* Marie_Hawke turns back at Eric. "There should be some gauze tape in there."
<Marie_Hawke> (No, I meant the NPC)
* JasonT shouts at eric from his nearby post hiding behind a wall, accusingly "Were they shooting at you!?"
* Ben sees a body in the doorway. He replaces his gun and pushes him the rest of the way in, so he isn't haging over the steps.
* Eric_Laughlin "Yeah, I'm badly hurt!"
<Ben> "Girl, what are you doing!? Get inside!"
* Marie_Hawke curses and looks for pliers or tweezers. Are there any in the store?
<Seolla> I turn to Marie and try to place her, then tell her "uhh...Marie, right? I'll take care of him for the moment, you make sure that guy over there is okay and assist him" indicating Eric
* OldGuy groans and turns to Marie. The Old Man is hit in the abdomen, blood pouring down his guts. He stares at her blankly before turning his gaze to Jason and giving a small chuckle. He seems to be close to death already. Two bullets are buried in his torso.
* Marie_Hawke blinks at Seolla
<Marie_Hawke> You know my name...? Oh, it's you.
* Eric_Laughlin grabs the fist aid stuff and begins to patch his wounds, wrenching out the bullet."
<OldGuy> Michelle gets on the phone, but it appears to be lacking a dialtone. She tells Seolla as much.
* Victoria_Aberdeen still stands in shock, and also cannot hear Ben because as they don't know, she is Deaf
* Marie_Hawke pauses with a o_o; face for a second before running over to Eric "Gotcha?"
<Ben> "GIRL!! Dammit, get inside!!!"
* Marie_Hawke probably can't see Victoria
* JasonT deides he doesn't want to be near the guy who people want to shoot, and begins to cross the store at a crouch, headed for the far door. He comes to a halt as he comes to the dying old man
<Marie_Hawke> Mister [[Eric]], do you need a hand with anything?
* JasonT swears, loudly.
* Eric_Laughlin "Sure, just stay down!"
* Ben tries to attract the girl's attention by waving his hand near her.
<Marie_Hawke> Way ahead of you.
<Seolla> I grab a bit of the Gauze and with that and a roll of cloth bandages in the first aid kit attempt to bandage the old man's abdomen, figuring he's too delirious to respond, but still asking him if he needs assistance
<Man> silly fools...
* Victoria_Aberdeen sees the movement and turns to Ben.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Wha ..... huh?
<Ben> "Hello? Get inside!"
* Victoria_Aberdeen blinks for a momment
* OldGuy grabs at Jason's leg and pulls him down so they're eye to eye. He presses something into Jason's hand, the goes limp. The lights in the store begin flickering, buzzing loudly.
* Ben wonders why she doesn't respond.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Oh! Yes!
* Victoria_Aberdeen turns and sprints to the door as fast as posible, considering she's wearing heals
* Ben turns and follows, the shuts the door behind them.
* Man finally turns and leaves the area...
* Victoria_Aberdeen gazes to the old man and Eric who had been shot
<Seolla> I'll check the old man's pulse and breathing
* JasonT skitters back at this event, swears again, and then looks at what is in his hand
* Eric_Laughlin looks at his wound as he tries to fix it with the help of whoever. [Marie]
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Was you shot by the same bullet that took my date out?
* Marie_Hawke blinks at the lights. "Wha...?"
<OldGuy> (Okay, Ben, Eric, Jason, Man, Marie, Seolla, Victoria. That's the posting order. Do not post out of sequence unless absolutely necessary. Thanks please.)
* OldGuy sets mode: -v Man
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (mmmk)
* Ben gasps a little, and looks at the two bleeding men in shock.
* Man is now known as Normandy
* OldGuy is quite dead. No breath. no heartbeat. In fact, he already seems ten years older. Then twenty. Thirty. His corpse is literally withering right before Seolla's eyes. In Jame'
* Eric_Laughlin finally finishes the gauze wrap, and crawls toward the man.
<OldGuy> In Jason's hand is a large, silver coin, with ancient-looking writing on it.
* JasonT spends his turn with some more general vulgarity
<Eric_Laughlin> Marie now?
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (This posting order is getting a bit irratating but I'll manage)
<JasonT> *OVER*
* Marie_Hawke sits on the ground with knees pointed at each other and just takes in the scene. "What the hell..."
<Seolla> I'll be generally confused but try to locate Michelle
* Victoria_Aberdeen kneels in front of Marie
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I was asking myself the same thing miss.
* Ben pushes his gun into his pocket and looks seriously confused.
* Eric_Laughlin looks at the skeleton of the man, looking over to jason.
<OldGuy> The lights keep flickering over the head. The dead guy has crumbled into dust, now, only his clothing remaining. The lights flicker once more, then go out completely. It's pitch black. Outside it's still snowing slightly. A scream is heard. Uncomfortably close. Outside the store. Michelle is nowhere to be found.
* JasonT looks up from the coil, sees the skeletal man, and then hears the scream. The store counter which was behind him, is now below him.
<JasonT> "What the fuck!?"
* Victoria_Aberdeen stares overhead, wondering where the lights went. She feels some vibration in the air from the scream.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> What was that?
* Marie_Hawke shivers and just stares rather blankly.
* Marie_Hawke shivers and just stares rather blankly yet watchingly.
* Seolla gets up and decides to investigate where Michelle went, looking outside
<OldGuy> The lights finally flicker back on, but there seems something strange about them. The light seems less brighter, casting dark, intimidating shadows. The air feels malevolent. As Seolla glances out the window, Michelle slams into it, hard. He entire torso is torn open and split apart, internal organs completely missing, a look of horror frozen upon her face.
<Seolla> (Are there sanity checks availible?)
* Marie_Hawke STARES with an O_____O!!!! look.
* Ben steps around the skeleton to try and find the store owner. He seems mysteriously absent . . . Ben starts to draw his hand across the store counter, and touches something as he sees another girl outside slam into the window.
<OldGuy> (Indeed there are. But I'm doing all the rolls, so you don't need to worry about it.)
<Seolla> (Can I request one to see if I keep my composure?)
* JasonT is now fucking behind the store counter. This transition makes a good degree of noise in itself.
<Marie_Hawke>
* Victoria_Aberdeen stares in horror at the grizzled corpse of Michelle and tries to scream, but can't.
<OldGuy> (Seolla retains her composure. Mostly. As does Miri. Lucky.)
* Eric_Laughlin looks at the woman at the window, and crawls toward the place there two people are hiding, the store counter.
* Normandy is now known as Man
* OldGuy sets mode: +v Man
<OldGuy> A shuffling noise can be heard. From inside the store. It sounds like... something wriggling inside a plastic bag... odd.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (Requesting Sanity check as well Anna)
<OldGuy> (Victoria passes, too.)
<JasonT> shitshitshitshitshit!
<Eric_Laughlin> (Me?)
* JasonT is generally freaking out, dice be damned
* Man comes back to check if the store has empitied yet. He sees the corpse, yet does not even take heed of it
<Man> Ugh, people are still here...
* Victoria_Aberdeen stares at the man
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Who are you!
* Victoria_Aberdeen yells
<OldGuy> (Christ, guys, just go with it. If rolls have an important part to play, I'll let you know.)
* Marie_Hawke shivers again from the yelling. "Hey... that was one of our classmates, wasn't it...?"
<Marie_Hawke> [@ Seolla]
* Ben feels something slippery on the counter. He looks down. "Green . . . ?"
<OldGuy> A banging noise starts coming from the back room, where Steve had run too. Loud thumping noises. Then nothing. The phone rings.
* Eric_Laughlin follows Ben's eyes to see what he was taking about. "What the?"
* Seolla takes deep breaths, and heads out to examine Michelle's...corpse and cover it, replying to Marie in a soft voice "Yes....yes it...was." She also pulls any thing valuable, car keys, a necklace (sentimental value counts) anything
* JasonT stares at the phone, which is probably nearby him, given his now-behind-the-coutner-ness
* Marie_Hawke looks around quickly, then focuses-sorta- on Michele and Seolla. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."
* Man continues walking through all the chaos around him. He turns to see the phone ringing.
* Victoria_Aberdeen stands up
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I'll be back, need to get some things out of my car, before things get worse, I'd assume
<OldGuy> Michelle's corpse falls to the ground as Seolla finishes removing anything of value, which isn't really much of anything. Car and house keys, a locket, a can of mace. All is eerily still and quiet, except for the phone behind the counter, ringing incessantly, as if screaming "someone pick me up, I can't answer myself!"
<Ben> "Hol &?%# . . . what IS this stuff . . . is it dripping form the cieling?"
<Marie_Hawke> (<ChibiMiri> Yes you can! D:<)
* Java-555 (Rizon-Java@F98B79DD.344E3C1C.D6B99588.IP) has joined #Wainsborough
* Eric_Laughlin (Rizon-Java@7CBCACFA.FD034917.D6B99588.IP) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
* Java-555 is now known as Eric_Laughlin
* Eric_Laughlin is now known as Zeron
* Victoria_Aberdeen passes the body of Michelle and Seolla as she walks out the door
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Soory about your loss
<OldGuy> (Ben... what's with the stuff dripping from the ceiling? I don't recall saying anything about that...)
* Eavsdropper (~nbovine@Rizon-970285D7.hsd1.vt.comcast.net) has joined #Wainsborough
* ChanServ sets mode: +v Zeron
* OldGuy sets mode: +m
* Zeron is now known as Eric_Laughlin
* JasonT grabs the phone suddenly, and says shakiy "He... hello?"
<Ben> (I'm being melodrmatic. Give me a moment.)
* Marie_Hawke stares at Ben with a o____o;;; face. "Is he okay...?
* Ben pulls his hand back, with a few drops of dreen on it. He steps into the back room to wash it off . . .
<Ben> " . . . "
<OldGuy> A female voice can be heard on the other end of the phone, sobbing from the sound of it, "Help me? Eric? Is Eric there? Help me, Eric..." She pleads.
<Ben> "Is . . . this the store owner . . . ?"
<Seolla> (Ben you don't have the phone)
<Ben> (no, I just walked into the back room, Anna mentioned there was thumping back there.)
<OldGuy> (CT. Damnit. Nothing happens with the environment unless I say it happens. If I say there's a body in the back room, then that might be the right thing to say. But I didn't. And there isn't. No bodies. Just a steaming pile of entrails.)
* Eric_Laughlin (Rizon-Java@F98B79DD.344E3C1C.D6B99588.IP) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
<JasonT> (I would ask for eric, but...
<Ben> (You mentioned a funny noise in the back room! I was trying to give a perfectly good reason for something odd to happen)
<Marie_Hawke> [You aren't the GM. So shut up]
<Man> (Ouch.)
<JasonT> ((I'm sure Anna has his own perfectly good reasons to give when the time comes.))
<Ben> (w/e)
* Ben is in the back room. He goes to wash his hands.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (Get back in the game)
<JasonT> ((sorta waiting for Zeron?))
* Zeron (Rizon-Java@F98B79DD.344E3C1C.D6B99588.IP) has joined #Wainsborough
* ChanServ sets mode: +v Zeron
* Zeron is now known as Eric_Laughlin
<Ben> (Your turn, dude.)
<JasonT> "Wh... uh... hold on!"
* JasonT moves the reciever away from his mouth and shouts "Is there an Eric here?"
* Eric_Laughlin "Yeah, right here!"
* Man sits back, seeming with increasing agitation
* Eric_Laughlin Grabs the phone, asking who it is.
* Victoria_Aberdeen scrounges through her car. Grabs her purse and her Coat. Also looks through the belongings of James, finding some money but not much else
<OldGuy> The girl on the other end gasps, "Eric! It's... it's me, E-Erin... s-something really strange is happening... I... I'm at the Youth Center... I'm scared, Eric... they're coming."
* Marie_Hawke just surveys the scene.
* Seolla finally finishes crying to herself and heads back in after covering Michelle's body
* Eric_Laughlin "Shit! Just, hang on, I'm on my way!"
* Ben runs water over his hands, and hears a shouting coming from the phone. His nerves are about ready to spaz, but he is controlling himself. The warm water feels good over his tense hands.
<Ben> "On your way WHERE? TO get killed?"
<OldGuy> Ben would see the steaming pile of entrails in the back room. He couldn't miss it, really. The smell is overpowering.
* Man finally moves from his spot.
<Man> You fools!
<Man> Why do you spend so much time here?
<Man> Do you not realize that you should just leave, before something bad happens?
* OldGuy is now known as TellingTheStory
<Ben> (You said there was no body there! I didn't say there was a body, I just said there was some evidence of the store owner. Make up your mind!)
* Marie_Hawke stares at the new person. "I've been wondering that a bit myself. :| I'm not sure whether or not moving would be a good idea. While we can fortify this one location, it's easier to be targeted... and we don't have much to fortify WITH."
<TellingTheStory> (I seem to recall saying <OldGuy> (CT. Damnit. Nothing happens with the environment unless I say it happens. If I say there's a body in the back room, then that might be the right thing to say. But I didn't. And there isn't. No bodies. Just a steaming pile of entrails.))
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (Lol)
<JasonT> ((You did say, thjat, yes.))
<Man> ((damn, you all interrupted my rant. Now I can't disappear right))
<Ben> (you made it sound like I shouldn't be reacting to ANYHTING in the back room . . . oh well)
* Man smacks Ben ((Yes, IC))
<Man> FOOL!
* Eric_Laughlin "I'm already going to the youth center, and I hope I can hold out there.
<Man> WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST STANDING HERE?
<Man> RUN, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
* Marie_Hawke just staaaaaaares.
* JasonT vaults the counter and advances on the man
* Victoria_Aberdeen walks back the to Structure where everyone is hiding, wearing her red coat and holding her purse. She also has a 45caliber packed away in her pocket. She walks calmly back, because she has finnaly realized that somthing bad has just happened and she need to hold her composure.
* Ben turns to the strange man . . . who the hell was this guy? Then he sees something on the floor . . . "God, that's disgusting . . . what IS that??"
<JasonT> "Who the fuck are you!? Do you know what's going on here?"
<JasonT> -here
<Man> Why do you ask so many questions?
<TellingTheStory> The phone goes dead. As Victoria steps back inside, the door slams closed behind her, and a dark, shadowy figure begins banging on the door, roaring inhumanly.
* Marie_Hawke sighs and bonks her head on a counter edge, lightly. "My beautiful comment gone to waste..."
<Man> If you know what is best for you, you shall leave
* Man !!!s
* Seolla leans against the wall, listening in
<Man> It is already too late...
* Eric_Laughlin Begins walking forward to the door.
<JasonT> Because I don't know-shit!
* Ben pulls up his gun with one hand covers his nose and mouth with the other. Strange noises come from the other room, and he peeks around the doorway to look.
* Marie_Hawke turns around and staaares again.
* Victoria_Aberdeen turns on her heal and sees the shadoy figure and backs away quickly, fumbling for her gun.
* Victoria_Aberdeen then realizes shooting wouldn't be the best option, because the glass seems to be holding it back.
<TellingTheStory> There's a giant creature banging at the front door. The back room is full of entrails and blood. If one were to look at the ceiling in there, they would see that the whole ceiling seems to be covered in blood, not to mention skin being stretched and nailed to it, like a canvas. Oh, the back room also has a rear exit. Might be best to go for that. But then... there could be tools for aiding in
<TellingTheStory> your survival, in here...
<Man> Very subtle implacations there, Anna
<Marie_Hawke> ...People who are still here and still alive. Let's get what we can and get the hell out of here, if we have anything... quiet to move away in.
<Man> You cannot run from it...
* Seolla peeks inside the room, and promptly turns away trying not to vomit
<Seolla> I am NOT going in there
<Marie_Hawke> I... I'm not sure, but I think light packs and light supplies might be enough...
* Victoria_Aberdeen uses skill in reading lips and reads Marie's words
* Ben turns around wildly. "A door!!! Let's scram!" Then Ben has an idea. He points his gun at the window.
* Marie_Hawke stares
<Man> DO NOT!
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I agree, staying here isn't a good idea.
<Ben> "Everyone, get the hell out of here."
<Marie_Hawke> Are you going to throw yourself away as a sacrifice? Idiot.
* Eric_Laughlin looks inside, shrugging. "I've seen a lot of blood, but this takes the cake."
* Victoria_Aberdeen steps in front of Ben's gun
<Victoria_Aberdeen> NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR HEROICS
<TellingTheStory> The glass on the front door begins to shatter beneath the monster's assault. It's some fucking thick glass, and this thing is putting large, cracked craters in it, with each slam of its fist.
<Ben> "No . . . gasoline. Let's see is that creatue can't burn."
* JasonT heds for the cry of doorness, and then skids to a stop at the entrail mess. more cursing is to be had
<Ben> *if that
<Marie_Hawke> ....
* Victoria_Aberdeen steps out of Ben's way then and waves hand towards the monster
<Ben> "Why are standing here anyway?"
* Ben backs towards the exit . . .
<Marie_Hawke> [[Lizzie! Do I know your char from anywhere else?]]
* Victoria_Aberdeen draws her pistol and steps past Ben, holding it over his shoulder, offering back up.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (No Ara, why?)
<Marie_Hawke> [[I mean ICly, but just for recognition purposes]]
<TellingTheStory> The monster stops banging at the door, then turns its attention towards the large windows, which are far less durable, particularly considering one of them still has a bullet hole in it. With a single smash of its fist, one of the huge windows shatters in to splinters of glass.
* Marie_Hawke taps Seolla on the shoulder. "You're the only one I'm remotely aware of here. Sorry. I'm probably going to talk to you more than anyone else. What do you thin-- oh shit let's go"
<Ben> "Three . . . two . . . ONE!! SCRAM!!!"
<Man> Wait!
<Man> Don't go that way...
* Marie_Hawke starts to leave but stops and stares at the weirdo.
<Man> If you follow that path it shall only lead to suffering...
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (No Ara)
* Seolla grabs Seolla's arm and pulls her into the back room, despite her earlier desire not to. "Talk, sure whatever, come ON"
<Marie_Hawke> Which path are you talking about
* Ben fires his gun. A shot smacks into the moster, sending out spurts of blood. A second opens a hole in gas pump line, as gasoline starts to stream out.
<Seolla> er
* Marie_Hawke is dragged out @__@
<Seolla> *Maries
<Marie_Hawke> Explosions are unhealthy o_o
* Victoria_Aberdeen pulls her gun back and runs into the backroom, stepping over the entrails
* Ben gets the hell out
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Ugh!
<Seolla> (Ben you don't know the results for your shots until the GM tells you)
* Man seems to vanish, as the rest of the party flees the scene.
<Ben> (I was aiming for the gas line . . . I can hit the gas line. The GM can say whether it goes bang or not)
* Eric_Laughlin "Shit! The lighters! Throw one at all the gas, anyone a good arm here?"
* JasonT bolts for the back door, gore be damned, if/when shooting starts
* Marie_Hawke is already way out, following Seolla "Thanks, eep."
<TellingTheStory> Monster steps through the window and begins roaring. Listening tothe crazy old man might get you killed. Ben's first shot misses the mark completely, the second shot hits a gas tank.
* Man runs through the exit, but then promptly vanishes into the backwoods behind the store
* Seolla examines the room quickly, trying desperately not to pay attention to the gory details
<Seolla> (ho ho a pun)
* Victoria_Aberdeen doesn't hear the roar because of her Deafness, keeps running
* Eric_Laughlin runs in the room, noticing the backwoods.
* Man is now known as Normandy
* Victoria_Aberdeen ignores the Gorey details
* Normandy (~Java-212@Rizon-38A5FC5D.dyn.optonline.net) Quit (Quit: Rizon - http://www.rizon.net/ - Java IRC Client)
<TellingTheStory> Monster roars loudly and takes a swing at Eric, large, thick claws barely missing him. You're all rushing out the rear exit, am I correct?
<Ben> Ben pulls everyone out of the building, then fires another round at the puddle of gas outside the building. Sparks fly as it hits the round eats concrete.
<Marie_Hawke> [[I'm being dragged out by Seolla, probably running under my own power now]]
* Ben dashes into the woods.
<JasonT> I am rushing out the rear exist, yes.
* Marie_Hawke shudders at the room, but looks at it with a medical interest. "I didn't know skin was that pliable..."
* Eric_Laughlin "I know these woods, i've got maps with me!"\
<TellingTheStory> Ben collides suddenly with a tall, dark-haired man in a suit, who raises a brow. The bullet appears to fail to ignite the gasoline. Guess his aim was off.
* JasonT follows the man who claims to have maps!
* Marie_Hawke blinks. "Maps, you say."
* Seolla lets go of Marie, shuddering at Marie's words and starts out the door, stopping when she sees the collision of Ben
* Victoria_Aberdeen rushes out of the building and holds at the door with her gun drawn, helping people out as they run.
* Ben doesn't hear an explosion behind him. Damn. Then he smacks his face into somebody and tries to push him away . . . but the man remains standing. Ben tries to go around him.
* Marie_Hawke blinks at Seolla. "Are you okay?"
* Eric_Laughlin "Yeah, I was going to camp here tomarrow, and i've got my backpack right here.!"
<TellingTheStory> The man catches Ben by the collar, holding him tight. This guy is strong. Really strong. He glances to ben, then to the rest of the group, grinning from ear to ear. The monster is gone, it seems. No sounds can be heard from inside the store.
* Seolla responds, "I'll be fine, I'm just honestly not trusting of anyone here, and I have a bad feeling about this tall guy.
<Ben> (I'll be back in a moment.)
<Seolla> "Make that a very bad feeling."
* Ben tries to get away. He can't. He points his gun at the man's head, then kicks him in the nuts, and tries to flee again.
* Victoria_Aberdeen stares at the Tall man and considers pointing her gun at him
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Who are you!
* Marie_Hawke blinks and thinks _Does that mean me too?_ while staring at the other guy
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

Continued.
* TellingTheStory man barely flinches at the blow to the groin, paying no mind to Ben's gun. He touches Ben's face lightly with his fingertips before drawing it back. Skin follows in the wake of his hand, half the skin on Ben's face suddenly peeling away from flesh.
* Victoria_Aberdeen gasps in horror
* Eavsdropper (~nbovine@Rizon-970285D7.hsd1.vt.comcast.net) Quit
* TellingTheStory is now known as ManInBlack
* Marie_Hawke staaaares
* Eric_Laughlin "NO!" he says, looking at Ben's face, and the man.
* JasonT turns to see what's holding up the map man, and, predictably, curses. Again, loudly
* Victoria_Aberdeen points her gun at the tall man
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Why?
* Seolla takes one step towards the man, her face white, and addresses him. "May I ask who you are, sir?"
* Marie_Hawke stares, then idly touches Seolla's wrist with a single outstretched finger, then grabs and pulls back slightly. "Careful..."
<Eric_Laughlin> (I'll be gone for a bit, But now i'm running to my campsite.)
<ManInBlack> (... Even though you're girlfriend is in danger, in the complete opposite direction... okay. Makes complete sense, I suppose.)
* JasonT is, as previously stated, following the man with gear and maps
<ManInBlack> As Jason attempts to chase after Eric, he seems to collide with an invisible wall. The Man in Black stares at him blankly, before returning his attention to Ben, a holding a handful of Ben's skin. He ignores Victoria and Seolla except to offer them a broad, twisted grin.
* Victoria_Aberdeen clicks a round into place in her Revolver
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I'll repeate again, who are you!
<Marie_Hawke> [[Barrel gun, ftw.]
<Marie_Hawke> (*ChibiMiri throws vegetables at the evil guy)
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (Punts ChibiMiri)
* Ben feels no pain, the adreneline is pumping too hard. "How to escape . . . ?" . . . he rains his arms and drops to the floor. The shirt he was wearing is left in the man's hand . . . Ben dashes to a tree and points his gun at the Man. Blood on his face makes his vision red, and he seriously considers firing the gun.
<Ben> (As in, the cliche hollywood shirt-collar escape)
<ManInBlack> Ben slams into the same invisible wall that Jason seemed to hit, before even reaching the treeline. Eric has disappeared into the woods, now. The man discards the handfull of Ben's face-skin, walking towards Seolla and Victoria casually.
* Seolla decides backing towards Marie again might be a good idea
* Victoria_Aberdeen backs away at the same pace the Man walks
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I will not hesitate to fire.
* JasonT recoils from the man with the skinned face, skittering along the invisable wall
* Marie_Hawke stares at the man. "Odd..."
* Ben feels a pressure on his back, pushing him back towards the man. Ben sees the man walking towards Victoria and pulls the trigger. "Good thing I have more ammo . . . I seem to be using a lot today."
* Marie_Hawke jumps from the gunshot and shudders. "So noisy..."
<Ben> (wait, i don't know Victoria yet . . . switch that for "that girl")
* ManInBlack smirks, "Looks like you're hesitating to me." He says to Victoria. The first thing he's said. His voice is thick, cold, and despite sounding normal, is utterly terrifying. His head snaps to the side as the bullet fired by Ben rips through his skull, splattering blood and bone and brain matter over the snow-covered street. He's still standing.
* Victoria_Aberdeen fires a shoot at his knee cap
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (Roll for me Anna)
<ManInBlack> Marie sees a long, bright silver blade, lying in the snow.
* Marie_Hawke 's eyes widen as she wonders, again medically, as to how that could work.
<Marie_Hawke> (Is the blade attached to anything? >_>)
<ManInBlack> (I'm doing all the rolls myself, so you don't need to ask me to do it, Liz.)
<ManInBlack> The blade has a handle. It's about 12 inches long.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (So I do I roll well or badly)
* Marie_Hawke whispers in Seolla's ear. "You any good with sword or knifework...?"
<Seolla> (the blade or the handle? lewl)
<Marie_Hawke> (idle note: whispering with no lip movement, so hissing-like)
* Seolla shakes her head "No...not really..."
* Ben is suprised that the man is still standing, but not really. He isn't suprised by much anymore. But his head hurts a little.
<ManInBlack> The bullet goes wide from where Victoria fired it, hitting the snow. The man's face begins to regenerate, bullet hole closing up. He turns his head to Ben and frowns, then begins moving towards Seolla, Marie and Victoria.
<JasonT> "Wha... what the fuck!? Why isn't he dead? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?"
* Marie_Hawke gulps. "well, then..." Miri lets go of Seolla's wrist and lunges towards the silver blade in the snow!
<ManInBlack> (Excellent question, Jason!)
<Marie_Hawke> (ER, I MEAN THE HANDLE OF THE BLADE)
<Ben> (XD)
<Marie_Hawke> (Hey, you can never be too sure)
* Victoria_Aberdeen growls a bit under her breath.
* Seolla begins to sidestep to put a large spread between the three of them, ready to run at any time but not exactly willing to let the only other person she knows try to survive by herself
* Victoria_Aberdeen takes another shot, this time for his belt line
* JasonT continues to try and get as much distance as this invisable wall will allow
* Victoria_Aberdeen then turns on her heal and runs toward the tree line.
<ManInBlack> Marie grabs the handle of the knife, and the Man in Black steps up to her, grinning down at her, "Mmm... a tasty treat!" He laughs. Victoria hits the same invisible wall that Jason and Ben hit, when they ran towards the treeline. A voice familiar to Seolla calls from across the street, "Guys! This way!" She yells out. It's Michelle. Wait, what?
* Ben chucks a snowball at the man to distract him from that other girl, then cautious turns toward the call.
* Marie_Hawke turns around on her heels, planting firmly into the ground, and slashes at the midsection or higher of the man.
<Marie_Hawke> (Preferably neck.)
* JasonT seizes on the woman's helpful voice, and runs blindly to his doom
<Ben> (neck is good)
* Victoria_Aberdeen also runs Toward the formerly dead girl, though she doesn't know whome it it, it's the only good idea right now.
* Ben backs slowly away, then starts to pick up speed. He doesn't want to hit the wall again.
<Marie_Hawke> [[It's just a voice at the moment]
* Seolla blinks in astonishment, but notices Marie is fighting and curses, hanging back a moment to decide whether to help her
<Marie_Hawke> [[Not like any of you know that so nvm o_o]]
* Eric_Laughlin emerges from the woods, yelling that it's a trap.
* Ben stops in his tracks.
<Marie_Hawke> (<ChibiMiri> Rending Blast!)
* ManInBlack laughs as the knife slashes across his neck, spilling blood everywhere. Then his neck begins burning in the wake of the cut, and he seems suddenly to appear far more concerned. He knocks Marie aside and begins to run towards the tree line, fading into the shadows before he even reaches the trees. Eric is covered in dirt, his clothing slightly torn. He was being chased by something.
<ManInBlack> (Admiral Ackbar in the house.)
* Victoria_Aberdeen stops for a second, considering that it could be a trap, the formerly dead girl calling to them.
* Victoria_Aberdeen checks her ammo
* JasonT runs heedless
* Victoria_Aberdeen finds 4/6 bullets left
* Seolla is relieved and turns on her heel to run to Michelle, halting and inspecting the pendant she picked up from her earlier
<Seolla> Michelle? Is that you?
* Marie_Hawke is frozen in place for a moment out of sheer luck. "Oh my..." She grins widely and starts giggling. "That's great! Did you see that!" She smiles, then hears the voice of Michelle.
<Marie_Hawke> Wait! She... That was our classmate, she can't possibly be...!?
<Marie_Hawke> Wha!?
* Eric_Laughlin "Stop, michele is dead, we saw her dead! Now, we need to move!"
* ManInBlack is now known as Michelle-
* Michelle- is standing across the street, waving to you all.
* Ben dashes to the back of the group gathered around the strange girl. He holds his gun forward, not pointed at anything in particular.
* Marie_Hawke stares at Michelle.
<Michelle-> Of course it's me, Seolla! Who else would it be? Come on, this way!
<Marie_Hawke> ...What...? No... this can't be happening...
* Victoria_Aberdeen I think it's a trap
<Marie_Hawke> [[FACT-CHECK: Was Michelle one of the Popular Clique?]]
* Victoria_Aberdeen didn't hear Eric, because she's deaf
* JasonT begins to traverse the street, his heedlessness and unflinching devotion to this idea putting him probably at the head of the pack
<Seolla> (Moreso than me, probably. She actually socializes)
<Marie_Hawke> [[...ooooh]]
* Michelle- glances to Jason, "Are you all right?" She asks, looking slightly concerned at his disheveled appearance. Then she gasps as she sees Ben's face, raising a hand to her mouth, "Oh gawd... wh-what's happening, you guys?"
* Marie_Hawke spins the knife/blade thingy and walks slowly towards Michelle. "You died earlier. What is this, a respawn point?"
* Ben stops and stares. Thsi girl looks . . . odd . . .
* Victoria_Aberdeen glances to Ben's face as well.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Hmm
<Victoria_Aberdeen> What the hell is going on
<JasonT> Yeah, I'm fine.
<Ben> (I can haz bandage?)
<Marie_Hawke> (Did we take any?)
* Seolla runs up to Michelle. "Mishi, 2 questions. Why do I have your pendant from your corpse, and what is my birthday?
<JasonT> ...wait, what? She died?
<Ben> (The kit you used to help Marie?)
<Ben> (Wait . . . you are Marie . . . third person FTW)
* Michelle- looks completely normal, actually. She looks just the way she did before she died, although the pendant that had been around her neck was missing. Eric has the first-aid kid. Michelle stares at Seolla blankly, "I don't know why you have my pendant. May 3rd. What the hell is going on?"
* Marie_Hawke does the finger-touch-wristgrab thing again and grabs Seolla's wrist
<Marie_Hawke> *and pulls Seolla back a bit while whispering "I'm sorry..."
* Seolla relaxes, but doesn't let herself get pulled back much at all. "Do you remember what happened to you? Or...at least, what I think happened to you?"
<Ben> "Is this the girl that hit the window earlier? What is she doing alive?!?!?"
* Michelle- shakes her head slightly and sits down on the side walk, looking confused, "I went to use the bathroom..." She mumbles, "You can't go in to the forest. It's dangerous..."
<Marie_Hawke> [[Location check: How close are we to the gas station]]
<Ben> (Across teh street)
<Marie_Hawke> []
<JasonT> "I can't go into the forest anyway! There's some sort of fucking wall in the way."
<Michelle-> (Ben is correct. You're across the street from it.)
* Marie_Hawke glances at Jason. "The wall f... ewwww."
* Marie_Hawke turns to look at the place where Michelle's body was, if applicable. Anything there?
* Victoria_Aberdeen raises eyebrow and then takes a glance towards the gas station herself, wondering about the monster that was chasing them.
<Ben> (the body was covered with a tarp or something, I remember . . .)
<Marie_Hawke> [[Oh. Well, there'd probably be a couple bumps under the tarp if anything.]]
* Ben smells gas. The gas tank is still leaking.
* Seolla covers her face with her hand to think. "Michelle, I saw...we saw you eviscerated. I have proof." Seolla takes out her pendant and holds it up "I got this from you when I found you. I wanted something to remember you by. So why are you here?"
<Ben> "People . . . let's move AWAY form the station. That gas leak could blow at any time, and probably set the woods on fire, too.
* Michelle- blinks and stares at you all. A pile of bloodied tarp seems to be covering something outside the gas station. Michelle appears to be on the brink of tears, "Wh-what are you talking about, Seolla? I'm... I'm not dead. I'm here..."
* Eric_Laughlin walks up slowly to you, and keeps a safe distance from michelle. "Stay away from her, she's not supposed to even be alive!"
* JasonT looks at Ben strangely
<Marie_Hawke> [[Quick question - what is Michelle wearing?]]
* Victoria_Aberdeen reads Eric's lips and responds
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Well mister, theres also not supposed to be men who can take headshots and rip people's faces off.
* Seolla crouches down and hugs Michelle, convinced by now that whatever happened to her, she's real. "I don't know what's going on, but I'm glad you're okay."
* Eric_Laughlin "She's just like that man back there, she's decieving you!"
<Michelle-> (Sweater, skirt, stockings. Also, nice one, Liz. XD)
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (Roll CRITICAL for sarcastic wit :P)
<JasonT> "What do you think this is, a movie? Shit doesn't just explode for no reason. As long as you don't fucking start shooting the station, anyway."
* Michelle- gasps as Seolla's arms pass right through her, as though she's not even there. She stumbles back, whimpering.
<Marie_Hawke> [[dammit XD]
* Seolla instantly freezes
* Victoria_Aberdeen comments
<Victoria_Aberdeen> She's a ghost
* Marie_Hawke pulls the scruff of Seolla's shirt neck back roughly to get her out of the way, leaving a clear spot to slash upwards, trying to cut open Michelle's shirt.
* Eric_Laughlin "What...the..."
<Ben> (Shit DOES explode. Gas vapor can hit a telephone pole and catch fire if there is a spark . . . plenty of charred gas stations to prove it)
<Marie_Hawke> [[With the OMFGsilver blade.]]
<Marie_Hawke> [[and I was going to have so much more fun if Seolla didn't touch her >_>]]
<JasonT> ((Doesn't stop jason from yelling at ben))
* Seolla is still in a relative state of shock, and is pulled back and falls back before she can react
<Marie_Hawke> [[Miri has played WAY too many RPGs]]
* Michelle- squeals as the knife slashes at her shirt. She may been incorporeal, but the silver knife cuts through her clothing anyway. There's a large, jagged hole going down from her neck to lower abdomen. She looks down and screams in terror, before fading away. Congratulations, you just fucked over a tormented spirit! Plus 10 xp!
<Ben> "Dude, do you want to take that chance? I've seen gas lines spontaneously combust for less in the city."
<Ben> (lol)
* JasonT swears again, and jumps back from the dissapearing woman
<Marie_Hawke> [[<ChibiMiri> *victory pose*]]
<Ben> (Does Marie level up, or do we have to kill and ogre too?)
<Ben> *an
* Victoria_Aberdeen stares blankly at Marie
* Marie_Hawke blinks and pouts. "And I was going to have a bit of fun too..." She steps back and falls on something in her back pants pocket that plays the FF7 victory music. "...Stupid phone."
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Not sure if I should congratulate you or curse you for being so quick to act miss.
<Michelle-> Crackle. Hiss. Something's burning. Mmm... fire. From across the street, at the gas station.
* Marie_Hawke turns back to look at Seolla and do that weird finger-touch-wristgrab thing again, instead putting her other hand on top of the currently-borrowed one. "I'm sorry..."
<Ben> "It's a dead spirit . . . do you WANT it alive? Better leave it dead."
<Ben> (I win)
* Marie_Hawke blinks and stares at the gas station, then grabs Seolla's wrist harder, then lunches for Victoria, then drags them both into a ditch. "EVERYONEDOWN"
<Marie_Hawke> *lunges for Victoria's wrist
<JasonT> "What are you, an... ohshit!"
* Seolla doesn't respond and is pulled down while silently crying
* JasonT decides Marie has a good idea and dives for the same ditch
* Ben dashes down the street as he feels a red hot blaze at his back. then, he pauses, and hits the floor as fire singes the grass nearby.
<Michelle-> There is no explosion, surprisingly. Shit's just burning with slow, lazy flames that seem content to consume the store. You'd think the place would have exploded, by now...
* Michelle- is now known as TellingTheStory
* JasonT pokes his head out of the ditch after a bit of a wait, then looks at Ben
* Marie_Hawke blinks and stares.
<JasonT> "So, smart guy, when's the huge kaboom?"
<Marie_Hawke> pretty...
* Victoria_Aberdeen grunts
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Gee thanks Marie for saving my life from oooo fire.
* Marie_Hawke snaps out of it for a second and turns to Seolla with a downcast look on her face. "...I had to. I had my suspicions. I'm sorry. I'm... I'm so sorry..."
* Ben turns to look at the store, suprised the woods aren't burning. Then he sees flames burning the body . . . but still smells gas in the air. His logical mind finally cannot sort this out. He looks a little dazed and afraid.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> At least, I belive your name is Marie
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Your friend called you by that name I recall.
<Ben> "
<Ben> ". . . "
* Marie_Hawke turns and shoots Victoria a ¬_¬ look. "Well I thought it was going to kaboom nicely. It does that in the games, at least, Miss... revolver person. What's your name?"
<Ben> "Should we be leaving this cursed town now . . . ?"
<Seolla> "No...It's okay. I understand." Seolla slowly wipes her eyes
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Victoria, Victoria Aberdeen. Also, this is no game. We got real dead people here I hope you understand.
<Ben> "My name is Ben, by the way . . . ", and he looks back at the two girls behind him in the ditch.
<JasonT> "Go ahead, try. Maybe you'll eve get somewhere before you pass out from blood loss."
<TellingTheStory> "Feel free to leave. If you can." States a calm voice. It's Steve, the owner of the story. His torso is ripped open in much the same manner that Michelle's had been. He walks awkwardly. His arm is on fire, but he seems unphased.
<JasonT> "SHIT!"
* Victoria_Aberdeen stares at Steve
* Ben looks more dazed. He walks backwards.
<TellingTheStory> (Owner of the store, even. I'm the owner of the story.)
<Victoria_Aberdeen> By this point I'm not surprised sir that you are in a Grizzly shape. How much longer till you kick?
* Marie_Hawke stares and gets her knife again.
* JasonT scrambles out of the ditch, putting it bettwen him and steeve
<Seolla> (sanity check for composure)
<JasonT> ((I think Anna said he'llt ell you when dice are important?))
<TellingTheStory> (Composure = Trashed. Seolla is a mess right now.)
<Seolla> (impose whatever penalties you deem needed)
<Marie_Hawke> [[oh I love being dense]]
* Marie_Hawke shoots Victoria another stare before sighing and focusing back on Steve-o. "Do...?"
* Seolla (~moogleexe@Rizon-93995ED3.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
* Latooni (~moogleexe@Rizon-93995ED3.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net) has joined #Wainsborough
<TellingTheStory> "This is the part where you guys run. Haven't you seen a horror movie, before?" Steve asks with a laugh, pulling out a gun from his pocket and pointing it at them.
* Latooni (~moogleexe@Rizon-93995ED3.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net) has left #Wainsborough
* Ben closes his eyes. He thinks a little bit, and reopens them, regaining a little composure. His mind was in dissarry, but he held his cool. "The absent-minded always lose, his father ha dtold him"
* Marie_Hawke sudden realisation moment. This really isn't a game. This is reality. This is the real world, and things like this... really happen. _I... actually... that was... ghost...?_
<JasonT> ((What's behind us?))
* Seolla (~moogleexe@Rizon-93995ED3.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net) has joined #Wainsborough
* ChanServ sets mode: +v Seolla
* Ben pulls his gun and fires at Steve's revolver. Then he glances at the people standing in the ditch.
<Ben> "Should we run? Or is he trapping us?"
<TellingTheStory> Behind you is an old warehouse. You're on Main Street, and can go in either direction. Going left will lead towards the Youth Center, where Eric's girlfriend is hiding. Marie's house is also in that direction. Going right leads towards Victoria's house, and an assortment of closed small businesses.
* Marie_Hawke just stares nearly blankly.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I say we go right. Or Left.
<JasonT> ((Any general indication which direction my humble abode is?))
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Or split up and go both.
<TellingTheStory> (Jason lives a fair ways away.)
<TellingTheStory> (Spliting up. In a horror RP. That'll go well. :P)
<Ben> "We should go to somebody's house and pick up some supplies . . . but we shouldn't split up."
<Seolla> (I'd like to use a lifeline
* Marie_Hawke ponders. "I live that way... Who lives closest here?"
<Ben> (Phone a zombie friend?)
* Marie_Hawke facepalms. "But first we should get away from THIS GUY"
* JasonT forgoes conversation in the face of the burning zombie and runs off to the left
* Marie_Hawke facepalms. Hard. "Oh dammit."
<Ben> "Where the hell is Eric, anyway? The camper dude?"
<TellingTheStory> Steve is still standing there. The bullet hit him in the arm. He fired back at Ben, but missed by a wide margin. Jason's running towards Marie's house, which is the closest place anyway.
<Marie_Hawke> LET'SGETOUTOFHERE.
* Ben follows Jason with his head down.
* Victoria_Aberdeen sighs
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Fine, I'll follow everyone else.
* Marie_Hawke drags Seolla's wrist and follows Jason. "My house is close... we could get stuff there too!"
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Even though I don't know the majority of them
<Seolla> "Sounds good, let's go."
<TellingTheStory> "Yeah, you'd BETTER RUN!" Calls out the undead Steve, firing his gun in the air. He takes a shot at Victoria, the bullet grazing her cheek.
* Ben breaks into a run. Bullets pass him by.
* JasonT fucking runs
* Marie_Hawke attempts to sprint as best as possible while not falling over due to wrist-grabbing Seolla
* Ben breaks the land-speed record.
* Victoria_Aberdeen holds a hand to her face, finding the bullet having only left a minor 'scratch'
* Marie_Hawke gives directions to my apartment?
* Seolla (~moogleexe@Rizon-93995ED3.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
<Ben> (whoops, Seolla got shot. Oh well.)
* Seolla (~moogleexe@Rizon-93995ED3.dsl.sndg02.pacbell.net) has joined #Wainsborough
* ChanServ sets mode: +v Seolla
<TellingTheStory> Steve doesn't appear to offer chase. After running for a block or two, you all reach Marie's house. Eric seems to be on auto-pilot, following without doing anything. He might fucking DIE if he keeps it up. The door to Marie's house is wide open.
* Ben halts as Marie slows down at her house.
* Victoria_Aberdeen stops, a trickle of blood runs down her cheek.
* Marie_Hawke blinks.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Is your door allways open miss swords person?
<Marie_Hawke> No, no it's not.
<Seolla> It's better than out here. Let's go in.
<Marie_Hawke> ...I think this is a knife. o_o;
* JasonT has calmed slightly with Marie giving directions and the no more shooting at him, and comes to a stop at the house
* Marie_Hawke walks in and turns on a light. :D
* Marie_Hawke trips and falls on her face. "Oof!"
* Marie_Hawke grumbles. "Watch your step. >_> Cables everywhere."
* Seolla sighs and picks Marie up
* Marie_Hawke points at the PS2 controller cables, Rock Band drumset, and Guitar Hero Fisher-Price guitars."
<Seolla> (as in, giving her a hand)
<Marie_Hawke> [[Doubt she'd mind the other meaning]]
* Ben drops his gun inot his pocket and peeks aroudn the corners. Somebody could be hiding if the door is open.
* Ben sees noone. He returns to the group.
* Seolla lets Eric come through, then closes the door, figuring that it's better than keeping it open.
<TellingTheStory> The house appears to be in decent condition. The lights flicker oddly, but seem to work. Seems like a safe place for now.
* JasonT stays outside as the people run in, watching the street, not in a hurry to rush into an unfamiliar building
* Victoria_Aberdeen steps in the room with her gun drawn.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Who has the med kit?
* Marie_Hawke waves everyone in quickly
<Marie_Hawke> Oh! I've got one in the cabinet next to the stove. Second shelf
* JasonT allways himself to be waved in
* Ben waits patiently for his half a face to be bandaged up.
<Marie_Hawke> Oh, and just to be clear. I'm Miri.
* Marie_Hawke points at Ben's face very matter-of-factly. "Don't get any on my floor."
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I'll be right back, need to clean this scratch
* Victoria_Aberdeen steps into the kitchen to retrive the Med kit.
<Seolla> Yeah, I figure now's a good time to discuss what's going on. I'm Seolla Andrews.
<TellingTheStory> Everything appears to be where it should be. First aid kit is in the kitchen, where it normally is. Miri's bow and a quiver of arrows sit in the living room, however, as if left out for her.
<Marie_Hawke> . . .wait a minute, what's this doing here?
* Ben goes to the sink and splashes water on his face until the water runs onlya mild pink. Not to much skin was taken off, at least.
* Marie_Hawke stares at her bow and arrows. "I leave that in the bloody closet."
<JasonT> "Jason. What the fuck is going on here?"
<Marie_Hawke> Your guess is as good as mine...
* Victoria_Aberdeen hands Ben some alcahol pads, and some guaze
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Clean yourself up sir. It's not too bad, but it looks horrible.
* Marie_Hawke shrugs and slings the quiver around her waist, so arrows can be pulled from her right waist. Then stares at Victoria. "That's going to hurt like a motherfucker."
<Victoria_Aberdeen> It will hurt more if infected
<Seolla> "Marie...er, Miri...Anyway, it's not any stranger than anything else that's been happening.
* Victoria_Aberdeen glares back at Marie, she was looking anyway or else she wouldn't have known what marie said.
* JasonT suddenly remebers the coin, still clutched in his hand, and looks at it, then turns it over
* Marie_Hawke is now known as Miri_Hawke
* Miri_Hawke shrugs. "Eh. I guess you're right. I guess I can't really ask much, though... at least it wasn't stolen." Miri strings her bow with an arrow just to be sure. Anything wrong with the bow or arrows?
* Ben takes the pads and dabs his face. He feels almost nothing . . . odd. But he finally bandages the rest of his face, and washes it off so he looks presentable.
<TellingTheStory> As you're all standing and sitting around now, you all begin to notice something that until now had escaped your notice. Probably due to the horrible shit going on. Somewhere on your body a dull tingle is buzzing away, leaving a 3"x3" square of some sort of ancient text. As Jason looks at the coin, he also notices that the writing that had been on it before is now gone. It's completely blank.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (Where on the body?)
<TellingTheStory> (You get to decide. Your character doesn't get to choose, YOU do.)
<JasonT> ((That's a good question. Just Jason, or on everyone?))
<TellingTheStory> (Everyone.)
* Miri_Hawke bliiiiiiiiiiiiiiinks.
* JasonT scratches at the back of his neck, which tingles oddly.
<Miri_Hawke> Excusemeineedtousetherestroom.
* Victoria_Aberdeen stares at the tingling spot on the back of her hand. Seeing a 3X3 square of strange text
* Miri_Hawke gets up abruptly and walks to the bathroom
<Victoria_Aberdeen> What the ..... this wasn't here before.
* Ben feels a tingle on the back of his hand.
* Victoria_Aberdeen rubs it, trying to remove it, but fails
-> [Seolla] PING
<Miri_Hawke> [[<ChibiMiri> I hate you so much]]
* Ben puts an alcohol pad on his. It burns, slightly.
* Miri_Hawke unbuttons her blouse and stares at her reflection in the mirror.
<JasonT> "What?"
* Miri_Hawke stares, particularly, at her chest. "What."
* Seolla takes out the pendant and looks at it sadly, then puts it on, pausing right after to pull her hand back, feeling along her left thigh
<Miri_Hawke> [[*ChibiMiri shoots lots of arrows at Ara]]
<Ben> (poor miri.)
<Miri_Hawke> [[Also, Anna. Anything different about the bow and arrows?]]
<TellingTheStory> (Not that you can tell.)
<Miri_Hawke> [[Just making sure.]]
* Miri_Hawke stares and pokes at her chestbone. "Huh...
* Victoria_Aberdeen holds up her hand, showing the text to everyone.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Anyone else got somthing like this?
<TellingTheStory> Things seem safe, for now. You get the feeling that this would probably be the best opportunity you'll have to work shit out between yourselves.
<JasonT> ...
* Miri_Hawke walks out of the bathroom, neckline lower due to unbuttoning, and points. "What the hell?"
* Ben nods . . . and shows the his opposite hand.
* JasonT backs away from Victoria, very slowly.
* Seolla decides it's and odd feeling, but desides not to examine it right away, due to the inability of her jeans to roll up
* Miri_Hawke blinks. "What the hell?"
* Ben looks at Miri, and considers laughing.
* JasonT loos at ben, and then Miri... and starts to feel cornered
* Miri_Hawke shrugs and sits down on her favourite chair, if nobody's taken residence in it yet.
<Victoria_Aberdeen> So, anyone want to start with introducing themselves?
* Seolla sits next to Miri
<Seolla> Do you mind if I look at that?
<Miri_Hawke> ...nope~?
* Ben puls up a stool fro mthe kitchen. He sits opposite Seolla.
* Miri_Hawke points. "What the hell is this?"
* JasonT has his text on the back of his neck, if anyone can see it, but that may or may not be likely
* Seolla adjusts her glasses and tries to see if she can read whatever it is. "As I said, I'm Seolla Andrews. I'm a Senior at Wainsborough High.
<Seolla> "
<Ben> "I'm Ben Kasimiko, form the Big Apple . . . um . . . I used to . . . well . . . I did security testing work."
<TellingTheStory> Eric seems to be nigh on catatonic. The same text that has appeared on everyone else begins to form on his face.
<Miri_Hawke> [[XDDD]]
<JasonT> ((*snigger*))
<JasonT> ((Would this happen to be recognizably the same text that was on the coin, or similar?))
* Ben watches as Eric falls over. He studies his face. Then he looks at Miri. Then he checks his hand. Then he looks at Victoria.
<Miri_Hawke> Yeah... I'm Miri Hawke. Same class as her. *points*
<TellingTheStory> (Very similar, yes.)
<Ben> "Can you make anyhting of this, Seolla?"
<Seolla> (Can I read whatever it is?)
<TellingTheStory> (I said catatonic, not comatose. He's conscious but unresponsive.)
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I'm Victoria Aberdeen. I'm a paper pusher for "Better Living" corps.
<Miri_Hawke> [[*ChibiMiri hits Eric in the back of the head with a saucepan ^_^]]
<Ben> (Is is he sitting down? We'll say he fell into a chair.)
<TellingTheStory> There's a single line of Latin on each of the tattoos, which Seolla can loosely translate as "Eye of the Serpent".
* JasonT looks at the coin again, just to make sure it's empty, then at the various bits of text
* Miri_Hawke blinkstares at the coin.
* Ben looks at Eric and asks Victoria to compare her hand to Eric's head. He is puzzled when no reply comes. Maybe Victoria didn't hear him.
<Seolla> "I can't read much, only a small part that says "Eye of the Serpent"...or something... in Latin. The rest...isn't Latin." Seolla moves away from Miri.
<JasonT> "That old fuck shoved gave this to me right before he died... I thought it had stuff written on it, but I can't see anything anymore."
<Miri_Hawke> ...Huh.
* Ben repeats the question to victoria.
* Miri_Hawke re-buttons her blouse back to the top button and stands up.
* Victoria_Aberdeen is to occupied reading her own tatto to read Ben's lips
* Miri_Hawke retreives a vest and begins absentmindedly playing with her sleeve cuffs.
<TellingTheStory> All the tattoos are identical, with exception of the place that it appeared on each person's body.
* Seolla sighs and gets up to survey the nearest rooms for anything interesting, keeping in earshot of the conversation
-> -Seolla- You hear a familiar voice coming from the bathroom. No one else seems to hear it. It sounds like it could be Michelle...
<JasonT> "This is fucking weird... does anyone have a phone or a radio or something? Does the TV work?"
* Miri_Hawke was plugging in Rock Band and stares at Jason. "Uhhh..."
* Ben click the remote next to him on the counter.
<Ben> (do we have working TV, etc?)
<TellingTheStory> The TV flickers on. There's a news report on TV. It seems like fairly ordinary stuff at first, until the news presenter pauses in the middle of her story and begins looking from one of you to the next.
* Seolla looks over at the hallway and decides to check out the bathroom, hand on her pendant
<JasonT> "...fuck, turn it off! Turn it off!"
* Ben isn't looking at the TV, but checks the kitchen for a snack.
* Miri_Hawke idly starts flicking a Fisher-Price Guitar Hero controller
<Miri_Hawke> ....what
* Miri_Hawke stares back at news reporter
<Ben> "Here's the remote . . . what . . .?"
-> -Seolla- Michelle is sitting in the bathroom, crying. No one else seems to see her or hear her, just Seolla.
* JasonT turns it the fuck off
* Victoria_Aberdeen glanches at the TV and stares blankly
* Miri_Hawke switches to Video 2 before it turns off. "Dammit!"
<TellingTheStory> The news presenter stares blanky at Miri, "You can't hide for-"*click*
<JasonT> "Shit! Uh... shit, shit... cars! Does anyone havea cra?
<Miri_Hawke> ...a wha? Crab?
* Miri_Hawke stares at fridge. "Canned crab..."
<JasonT> "CAR!"
<Miri_Hawke> Oh.
<Ben> Cars, you mean? I have a motorcycle . . . at the gas station . . .
<TellingTheStory> (rofl)
* JasonT ((Stabs you all for making his typos in-character))
<Miri_Hawke> I've got my cute little Volkswagen in the garage :Db
* Victoria_Aberdeen looks at Jason
<Victoria_Aberdeen> I left my car back at the Station
<Victoria_Aberdeen> So ... now.
* Seolla gasps when she opens the bathroom door. "But..." Seolla gives up trying to reason with herself and kneels next to the crying Michelle she found. "Mishi...I'm sorry. I'm here. Talk to me."
<Miri_Hawke> (waitwait WHAT)
<Seolla> (You heard me)
<Seolla> (You apparently, didn't hear her)
<Miri_Hawke> (Just making sure my reading comprehension isn't dead)
<JasonT> ((I didn't read anything about michelle showing up again...))
-> -Seolla- Michelle sniffles a little and bites back a whimper, looking up at Seolla, her irises completely back, "I... I was lucky. You're... you're all going to die..."
<TellingTheStory> As far as all of you know, it seems like Seolla is talking to herself.
<TellingTheStory> Well, if you looked into the bathroom, anyway.
<Miri_Hawke> ...Seolla, who are you talking to? *stare*
* Ben pulls out his PDA and plays some random Japanese game to take his mind off what was happening. He hears nothing.
* Victoria_Aberdeen kicks back and sighs
<Victoria_Aberdeen> How ironic I came back from a party to .... hell.
<Seolla> "Why? What's going on? You're not the first to tell us that but you're the first person who I trust to do so. Do...Do you know what happened to you now?"
* Miri_Hawke pokes Seolla
* JasonT stares at the crazy woman
<JasonT> ((Seolla wasn't one of our gun carriers, was she?))
<Miri_Hawke> [[Nope]
* Seolla jumps and looks behind her "Oh, it's just you Miri. Don't cut her this time, please?"
-> -Seolla- She laughs softly and shakes her head, "I was spared. I was spared from hell. There's nothing you can do. You should just let death come... I can kill you now, if you want. Then you'll be safe. Safe with me..." She stammers.
<Miri_Hawke> ...Huh...? o_o; I didn't cut anyone... ...well okay, there was Michelle earlier, and the other girl in 5th--
* Miri_Hawke hits head on the door frame
<Miri_Hawke> Uhh. o_o;;
* JasonT says, mostly to himself, "Bad enough having dead people walking around without people going plain crazy."
<Seolla> "Come on, killing people isn't in you Michelle. What would I be safe from?
<Seolla> "
<TellingTheStory> There's a knock at the front door.
-> -Seolla- Michelle looks up as she here's the knock, "Th-that..."
* JasonT whirls towards that direct, then starts looking for a back door
<Miri_Hawke> . . .Seolla...?
* Ben looks up from his game. He pulls his gun and checks the window.
* Seolla closes her eyes. "What is that? At the front door, who is it?"
-> -Seolla- Michelle laughs madly, "It's the thing that tore me open and ripped my guts out!" She exclaims, disappearing in the blink of an eye.
* Miri_Hawke blinks. "ah?" Blinks again and hisses. "There's a bloody eyepiece!"
* Seolla jumps back suppressing a scream
<Miri_Hawke> o___o;;; are you okay?
<TellingTheStory> The door collapses inwards suddenly, a large clawed hand ripping the wooden door apart with ease. It's the same shadow-monster that attacked the Gas Station.
<Miri_Hawke> ...EVERYBODY OUT
<Seolla> ...M...Miri.. Grab your bow, right now, we need to get out of here!
* Victoria_Aberdeen feels the vibrations and bolts up from the chouch and draws he gun, pointing towards the front door.
<Ben> Somebody get the magic knife or whatever!
* Miri_Hawke grabs bow and taps Victoria on the forehead to wake her up. "Let'sgo!"
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (I was awake allready Dufus)
* Miri_Hawke picks up the knife. "Is anyone good at knifework!?"
<TellingTheStory> Through the wrecked door, the things large head stuck in, rounded and completely featureless except for a large mouth full of gnashing teeth.
<Seolla> Miri, keep it, no time for that now! Where's the back door?
* JasonT runs for the back door that he's presumably had time to locate
* Victoria_Aberdeen also bolts for the backdoor.
* Ben returns to the backof the houe.
<Miri_Hawke> Uhhhh....
<TellingTheStory> "Hooooney, I'm hooooome...!" It calls out in a monsterous and terrifying voice, green slime dripping from its teeth as it begins smashing its way through the door frame.
<Miri_Hawke> [[bastard. XD]]
* Seolla grabs Miri's hand and pulls her through the house away from the monster
* Miri_Hawke runs to the kitchen and throws a chair at the glass patio door. No dice. "I should NOT have installed that Perspex!"
<JasonT> ((And then it ate eric.))
<Miri_Hawke> [[...OW]]
<Seolla> ((Okay we'll go with Miri's action
<Seolla> ))
* Miri_Hawke 's arm is nearly torn out of the socket. "WRONGWAYWRONGWAY"
<Seolla> S-sorry!
<TellingTheStory> The back door seems to open by itself. Why is Miri wasting time on the window? Jason runs out. Eric sits catatonic in the living room.
* Miri_Hawke undoes the locks on the patio door and motions. "Everyone out!" Then turns to smile at Seolla. "It's okay. Thanks for caring."
<Miri_Hawke> [[ It's a patio sliding door.]]
* JasonT ruuunnnns
<Miri_Hawke> [[...okay that works too]]
* Ben takes a dash for the back door, leaving Eric behind. The guy can damn well fend for himself if he's going to faint like that.
* Miri_Hawke blinks. "Or... okay, that's less impressive, but whatever." poke-grab-wristpulls Seolla and runs to the back door.
* Victoria_Aberdeen is allready out in the backyard, pointing her gun at the door
<Ben> (Eric dies, right?)
<TellingTheStory> As you run away, you hear the sound of ripping and tearing, muffled screams and blood splattering the walls. Your tattoos burn briefly, glowing red, before returning to normal.
<Ben> "Ow"!
* Seolla quickly follows, slipping through thedoor beforedropping to one knee"Gah!"
* Victoria_Aberdeen cringes, knowing somone just died
* Ben waves his hand and slips through the door. Blood hits the window behind him.
* JasonT spews a string of sounds that probably were meant to be curses of some sort
* Miri_Hawke blinks and cringes. "Oh... dammit, my upholstery."
<TellingTheStory> As you're groaning in pain, one of you finally realises that you're no longer in Miri's back yard. You're all lying in the large park, not far from the hospital.
<Seolla> (endscene lewl?)
<Ben> (oh dang. Teleporter time.)
<Miri_Hawke> ...What the... Hey, I never knew I had a merry-go-round in my backyard.
<TellingTheStory> (I can manipulate time and space!)
<Ben> (HE IS GOD.)
<Ben> (DAMN IT.)
* Victoria_Aberdeen blinks
<Victoria_Aberdeen> Wha? Why are we here.
* Ben looks at the hospital, and points. Then he walks slowly towards it.
<Seolla> (I'm hungry, we just hit a new chapter, and it's almost exactly 3 hours, I say we stop here)
* Miri_Hawke stares.
<JasonT> ((i'll snooze to that.))
<Miri_Hawke> [[I'm good with whatever]]
<Ben> (cool.)
<Victoria_Aberdeen> (Lets stop here, I'm tired)
<TellingTheStory> A police-car begins driving past, but stops at the sight of you. An officer gets out, shining a torch on you all and looking distinctly... neanderthal-ish. He's large. Unnaturally so. Like a man ape. "What are you doing here!?" (End for nao.)
<JasonT> ...
<JasonT> fucker
<JasonT> God damn cliffhangers
Quality Control Enforcer
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

I just wanna note that we totally kicked ass and that was some of the most fun I've had in ages.

Glad to be on board, and see you all next week!
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Pfft, my insanity outshone you all :D .
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Can I be part of the CoT, an individual who sells random shit to the PCs?

"What are ya buyin?"
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Are you going to post log #2?
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Eh? The second one's taken place already?
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Anna

Post by Anna »

Normandy wrote:Eh? The second one's taken place already?
Indeed it has. Wednesday at 8pm Eastern. Well, 8:40pm Eastern, since we had to wait for Aralonia. Each session is at 8pm, Wednesday, Eastern.

I'll post the log when I feel like hunting it down, cleaning it up, and then copy-pasting it in here.
Quality Control Enforcer