Stardust Evangelion (IC thread)

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Stardust Evangelion (IC thread)

Post by TrashMan »

STARDUST EVANGELION

2153- the Jefferson-Pulaski stardrive built the Exploration Era begins.
2187- Skygate Colony started at Epsilon Delta, the first Colony built.
2199- Evangelion Colony settled.
2204- New Moscow settled.
2206- New Angeles settled.
2212- New Moscow declares itself to be leader of Colonies, attacks Skygate destroying it.
2214- Earth Forces defeat New Moscow.
2215- Earth declares sovereignty over colonies with its Capital at New York City.
2221- New London settled.
2229- Arkangel settled.
2232- Discovery of the first black hole in orbit of Eras VII
2235- New Sydney settled.
2239- New Washington settled.
2240-Earth increases taxation rates on the inner colonies.
2241- Stars Forge settled.
2248- Enders Wall settled.
2252- New Tokyo settled.
2253- Asteroid impact at New Sydney kills millions, Earth refuses to render aid.
2258- Arkangel states desire for additional representation in the Inter-Colonial Government.
2259- Arkangel breaks all ties with Earth, declares itself independent.
2260- Earth grants independence to Arkangel.
2260- Earth raises tax rates among colonies, places military presence on inner Colonies.
2261- Sanctions imposed on New London for trading with Arkangel.
2265- Settlement of Westside.
2268- Contact with Arkangel lost.
2271- Science vessel in vicinity of Arkangel is lost.
2272- Rescue ship locates missing vessel, crew shot, computer destroyed.
2273- Arkangel found destroyed by nuclear weapons.
2276- Information leak reveals Earth Military responsible for destruction of Arkangel.
2277- New London declares its independence.
2278- Blockade of New London leads to the starvation of thousands.
2279- The breakaway Wars begin, Colonies of New London, Evangelion, New Moscow, Westside, New Tokyo and Enders Wall declare war on Earth.
2280- New London destroyed.
2281- Evangelion attacks and destroys loyalist colony at Stars Forge.
2282- New Moscow and Evangelion launch attack on Earth. Blockade of Earth begins.
2284- Earth is rendered uninhabitable.
2285- Earth population evacuated to Colonies.
2286- All Colonies are declared independent, the settlement Era Begins.
2297- Formation of the Colonial Commonwealth of planets.
2301- Evangelion settles new world at Skyrail.
2302- Stars Forge renamed Hells Forge and is resettled.
2305- New Moscow starts the Colonization Initiative.
2310- The Colonization Initiative begins in earnest with 13 new worlds settled.
2311- New Tokyo joins Colonization Initiative settling 6 new worlds in a year.
2314- Tegusa I goes nova resulting in a radioactive wave that killed the populations of 3 worlds.
2316- Enders Wall withdraws from the Commonwealth and abandons homeworld for parts unknown.
2348- Colonization Initiative ends, during its course it settled 486 planets.
2374- First Contact with the former Colony at Enders Gate, now holding over 30 worlds and called the Syndi Empire.
2379- One of the Syndi worlds attempts to leave the empire to join the Commonwealth, negotiations break down and the Zone War begins.
2380- Syndi Capital blockaded and cities bombed from orbit.
2381- Syndi Attack New Moscow, other Colonies fail to render aid and the planet becomes a battlefield.
2382- Syndi Empire collapses and half of its Colonies break away. New Moscow withdraws from the Commonwealth with its Colonies to form the Gatekeeper Collective, citing the ineffectiveness of Commonwealth Military forces.
2398- Evangelion withdraws from the Commonwealth.
2406- New Tokyo withdraws from the Commonwealth.
2415- New Angeles leaves Commonwealth and declares war on Evangelion for resources.
2417- Evangelion is rendered uninhabitable by nuclear weapons.
2418- New Tokyo comes to aid of Evangelion and New Angeles is destroyed.
2420- Evangelion abandons their planets in motherships and exit known space.
2428- New Moscow Declares War on the Commonwealth beginning the Crucifix Wars.
2431-New Tokyo joins war on the side of the Commonwealth.
2432- Syndi join war on the side of New Moscow.
2441- Commonwealth collapses and the Imperial Era begins.
2449- Communism takes over New Washington and the surrounding colonies form the Red Republic of the People.
2478- Syndi begin retaking their former holdings.
2484- The Red Republic declares war The Gatekeeper Collective the Gatekeeper wars begin.
2496- The Syndi cut off relations with the rest of the colonies.
2501- The Gatekeeper Wars end with the Collapse of the Collective and the destruction of New Moscow.
2541- Midari Colony conquers 38 worlds and forms the Midari Empire
2613- Colony of West Heaven and Erazat form the Confederation of planets, the first interstellar Republic in over 100 years.
2628- by this date over a third of the Colonies have joined the Confederacy.
2655- Exploration ship finds Evangelinite Cruiser, trade established at neutral planet.
2672- three planets withdraw from the Confederation
2678- Yakura Empire is formed
2689- War breaks out between two Confederation member planets.
2726- Rain Artuga is born.
2701- Collapse of the Confederation
2745- Contact with Evangelion lost, neutral colony is found destroyed.
2799- Red Fang Collective is formed.
2859- War breaks out between the Syndi and the Midari.
2868- War ends with the Syndi destroyed.
2879- Skyy is born
2899- Current day.

in 2899 Skyy Rassmunsen discovered the wreck of the starship Saint Michael adrift at the edge of known space docked at an abandoned ring station and the site of a former trading planet between the the Confederation and the vanished colony of Evangelion, aboard it he found a strange battle scene between people wearing similar uniforms, he also found Lt. Rain Artuga frozen cryogenically in a pod, they repair the ship and rename it The Last Evangelion and immediately travel back to Evangelion to find the planet completely destroyed, blasted into an expanding cloud of debris. they return to known space and pick up a crew, and set out discover the fate of Evangelion before ts fate becomes their own.

DOCKING BAY 2

CHAOS THEORY

So, folks, I see we are all gathered here about the dock waiting for Skyy and Rain. Perhaps we should tell each other a little about ourselves.

This cat on my shoulder is Sapphire, a black Siamese with deep blue eyes (hence name). She accompanies me on my adventures, and is highly intelligent, her lineage having been bred in my family for small size, velvet fur, and intelligence.

I took a fencing class on Falni 7. Fencing is an old art tracing back to earlyEarth, in which one uses a thin metal blade in battle instead of a gun. I do, however, also carry a phase-pistol for protection, you never know on these strange trade stations.

I have no criminal record because I hacked the police mainframe, after I shot a man who tried to steal the bag of jewels I was selling on Sanphalon 4.

My father was a trader aboard the ship Raven, and I left him when I was 16 to study with an engineer I found in an outworld scrapyard. My father died at 43 during the Dagri Conflict.

My favorite color is blue, my favorite food is pasta, and my favorite planet is Amalion.

How 'bout you guys?

NORMANDY

Wow, I swear the people they accept on these missions are getting younger and younger... Back in my day they didn't even consider you for a basic foot soldier until you were 19, let alone foot soldier training.

MUG

Throwing down her bag in a corner of the dock, Ariel Subota sat down and tried her best to make herself comfortable. A minute later, she concluded that she wouldn't ever be comfortable in this grungy, ozone-smelling, oil-splattered dock. She sighed to herself and looked around unobtrusively.

Her observations were interrupted by a loud-mouthed man with a...Ariel paused for a moment. Cat. It's a cat. I'm surprised anyone has them anymore, live animal pets were almost never seen back in New Tokyo. She listened to him as he blabbered on and on, refusing to respond.

She then noticed a rather grizzled man glancing about, including at her, and she very deliberately avoided rising to his barb about age. Instead, she went back to studying the feline, finding herself engaged in a staring contest before she knew it.

Ariel stared at the cat.
Sapphire stared at Ariel.
Ariel stared at Sapphire.
Sapphire deliberately, and with great pose, broke eye contact to groom its fur.

Sighing, Ariel retreated back into her own thoughts.

Chaos Theory

Ben shuts up and leans back to observe the group without being involved. He glances over at the girl in the corner.

Quiet kind of girl, I guess. Just like me when I was new to the trade.

He taps Sapphire on the shoulder to tell her to behave, and opens his HUD display. Maybe people would think he wasn't paying attention to them, but he was. His sharp eyes caught the glare of the bartender as a rowdy customer told him where to go, and money being exchanged in the electronics store. And . . . who was that guy in the funky mercenary outfit?

JaffaJoke91

Jonathan walks onto the dock. he looks around at the others, wondering who else is applying for the same position. as he slings his bag on the ground, he slightly unzips it to check on his carbine. he did not expect to need it, but better safe then sorry. He starts eyeballing the guy in the mercenary outfit and his container. Nothing to do now but wait and watch.

TrashMan

"Great" mumbled Richard to himself.. "A friggin kindergarten."
His expression changed to one of relief when he noticed two other members of the crew.
One was a man roughly his age, if not a few years older. He was examining something in the dock, but Richard couldn't tell what from this angle.
The other one was far older and looked like he's seen a lot of what space has to offer. Pacing back and forth showed a slight limp - probably a battle injury.

"Oh well...at least I won't be alone in this."
Smiling, he walked to his large black container and looked it over. It was as bigger than he was, made of reinforced carbon plating and titanium-III. Several large locks made sure it couldn't be opened by no one, except the person that punched in the code at the console and gave a fingerprint/DNA scan.
After making sure everything was OK, he moved towards the others.

Taskara

The station shook faintly as a gunmetal grey ship slid smoothly into the dock, grav magnets locked the ship in place and a connector rod slid out and linked with the hatch. Rain Artuga stepped out of the connector holding an old fold out desk and pair of chairs under one arm. Her coat tails flapped as she walked and with her other and she absentmindedly tapped her fingers on large shotgun pistol on her thigh. She looked around the dock at the crowd of people, their eyes were all on her and the ship behind her as she unfolded the desk and set it down in front of the hatch, on top she set a small dome shaped device which she retrieved from an inside pocket. She then unfolded a piece of paper that read "Last Evangelion Recruitment Office, and taped it to the front of the table. Finally she unfolded the chairs and set one on each side of the table, before looking out at the people.
"I hope I haven't kept you all waiting, I assume your all here to apply for a position on my ship, since this dock pylon was reserved for my ship. Please form a line in front of the desk, and I will interview each of you in turn."

JaffaJoke91

I guess that I will go first, seeing as no one else seems to be participating"
*shuffles toward desk with bag in hand*

Mug

Ariel Sabota, without a word, picked up her duffel bag and walked straight towards the almost ghostly woman who had disembarked from the ship.

She doesn't look much older than me...

She got second in line, and waited silently for her turn.

TrashMan

Richard watched nonchalantly at what was going on.
He knew the number of open positions was greater than the number of people gathered, and he already observed them all long enough to guess who was applying for what job.
He sat at one of the smaller container, back against his big black one and relaxed.

Taskara & Jaffa

The man handed her the paperwork and she gestured for him to sit down.
"Jonathan Nova, huh?" The man nodded silently. Rain tapped the dome on the desk and a clear blue bubble formed around the desk.
"And now that we can speak privately why don't you tell me a little about yourself, why do you want to join my crew?"

Well, after the bar...Incident... I drifted from bar to bar, drowning depression with booze. I took one look at my life and said 'What are you doing man?' Then, i read about you hiring crew, and it was like a clarion call. I needed a Capitan, and you needed soldiers. I figured that this would be a good way for me to think about my life, and give me a chance to hone my skills.

"Interesting...so your seeing me as a sort of savior, thats a refreshing change."She said with a laugh.
"Well you seem like you'd fit the job, I'd be happy to take you but first I need to see..." She lowered the paper down to the desk, hiding the fact that her other hand was reaching for her thigh. She grabbed it and swung it up towards his head, she was shocked when he grabbed the gun in midair and pushed it away from his head.
Rain grinned slightly. "...How fast you are." She slipped the gun back in its holster and shook his hand.
"welcome aboard. Wait in the room at the end of the connection dock and I'll give you the grand tour once I'm through with everyone else."

"thanks"
*moves away from desk*

Mug

As the privacy bubble faded, Ariel moved forward, giving plenty of berth to the previous man. She hesitated a moment, then spoke clearly to the woman...or girl? in front of her. It was slightly odd to be staring at someone not much older than her, yet so full of...what was it? It's not exactly confidence.... It's control. She knows she's in control here.

"Ariel Sabota."

JaffaJoke91

Jonathan stares nervously at the man standing against the crate. There was something fishy about him adn that crate, although he could not put his finger on it. oh well, he thought, redirecting his attention to the young girl at the desk for now.

Chaos Theory

Ben drops his glasses down to his nose and smiles smugly. He always felt good when he heard the faint sounds leaking from a privacy bubble, especially when nobody else could hear them. Of course, faint squeaks told him nothing about the conversation going on inside, but he had seen Rain pull her gun on Jonathan. He knew . . . something . . . was up, and he mentally prepped himself for their first meeting.

Senses all alert, he stepped into the back of the line.

Mug & Taskara

Rain tapped the dome again, reforming the bubble of energy around them. Ariel nervously handed her the form and she looked it over before setting it down atopt Jonathan's.
"So then? You want to be our medic. Why is that?"

Ariel kept silent for a moment, avoiding eye contact to formulate an answer. She spoke softly, weighing each word as she said it.

"It's...rather simple. You needed one. It's one of the things I'm good at - I can even perform some types of basic surgery unassisted if I don't have other options. I need a job, but I don't want to stay here. It's nothing personal, you had an opening, and I happened to chose your ship." Above all else, I can't stay where it's easy to find me. She finished, looking back at her interviewer with her normal expressionless face. "That's...all."

"I'm your way out." Rain said, the girl simply nodded at her. "You seem to be looking for something in your life, something to do with your life. Right now your wandering. Is that right?"

Ariel was quiet for a moment, staring at the older girl. She then carefully spoke again. "...Yes, I suppose. Wandering. That seems to fit."

She glanced away again. "Is there something else you want to ask me?"

"Listen, I can't promise you that you'll find what your looking for on my ship, but I know what your going through and will do what I can to help you. Welcome aboard." Rain paused and sighed as the dome collapsed and faded. "Your not the only one who's looking for something."

Picking her bag up, Ariel walked off silently, without a second glance.

Mentally, however, she cataloged her new captain's peculiar remark.

Chaos Theory & Taskara

The last comment filtering out of the dissapating bubble caught Ben's attention. He logged that as something to bear in mind with this captain, and hefted his bag onto his back. Noting the old man leaning on his suspicious containers, who obviously wasn't getting up any time soon, Ben calmly strolled over to the table and sniffed the air. Space dust. He took his seat and cooly stared into the dark eyes of potential captain Rain.

Yes, he thought, she knows where she is going. And I doubt it will be in this star system. All the better.

"Ben Amyadon. Applying for a position as an Engineer."

Rain cracked her knuckles as the next person walked in.
This one is different...there's something about him...the light in his eyes, his focus...I'll have to be cautious with him Rain maintained a blank, unreadable expression, but let a small grin creep into the corners of her mouth.
"So you want to be my engineer." Rain said hitting the dome. "Why?"

"Well your credentials check out, I'll need to give you a run over of the ships equipment, but I think you'd make a good engineer," Rain said faking a smile. She looked at him closely, he was studying her as much as she was studying him. He's a smart one alright she thought, but he seemed honest enough. She thought for a moment more then shook his hand. "welcome aboard."

Ben studied Rain's face, trying to figure out if she had read between the lines or not. All he got was a fake smile.

"Thank you, I'll look over the ship blueprints now", he said as he got up to leave. Before he left, he cast a final glance at Rain, and mumbled incoherently, "everyone is looking for something, huh?"

He sat back down next to Sapphire, and fingered the little pendant hanging around her neck. It glowed theromflorescently as he let it go, and he thought to himself, I'll find you. Somewhere. But at least I have my ticket out of this scrap pile . . . . I will find you.

He glanced over at the two guys by the corner. Hmph.

Jaffa, Da_Higg & TrashMan

After a minute Jonathan walks over to Richard and sets down his bag
"I assume that you are the other marine applying?"

*eyes the large crate suspiciously*

Richards head didn't move an inch, only his eyes darted to the side to mesure the stranger for a second, then they reverted back to the interview in progress.
"Yup, that would be the gist of it."

The man was not disheartened by his demeneor and continued in a casual tone.
"That probably means will be working together then."

Finally Richard turned his head and gave the man his full attention.
"I figured as much... You look like you've seen some combat. Let me guess - marine core? Oh, almost forgot..." - he mumbled while extending his hand - "Richard Snipes...but you can call me Phoenix."

--------

Suddenly the docking bay door opened and a dark haired teen rushed in. "Damn you Spanners, It was the WEST docking bay!"
The small robot that had been perched on the boy's shoulder turned a red colour and emited a sharp tone. Turning his attention to the rest of the room, the newcomer called "Any engineer spots left open?"

---------

The man shook his hand.

"B.t.w., names Jonathan. Jonathan Nova. Did security work in the military. You?"

Richard turned his head to observe a joung man that just rushed into the dock and was aparently arguing with a little droid. Chuckling, he told John to hol on a sec and called the man.

"You there! Yes, you... you looking for something?"

The man ran towards them and quickly asked:
"This is the dock 2, right? Are there any openings left in the engenering department?"

Jonathan butted in:
"You're in luck. The interviews just started. The position is still free as far as I know. And it looks like this interview is also over. Will you two get going?"

"Oh well..let's get this over with."
As he moved towards the desk he motioned Mic to follow.
"The job won't wait for you forever kid, better move it."

TrashMan

Seeing the interview with that strange engineer was over, Richard made his way to the front of the line. While he approached the desk he took a good look at his employer.
She looked young..very young...around 20 he guessed. But her eyes reflected a sense of security and focus..maturity beyond her age. She was also quite a bit shorter than him - no wonder, he was almost 6,4 feet tall with a body build to match.

As he sat down rain looked over the papers he handed over for a bit and asked with a small dose of curiosity in her tone:
"Mr..Richard Snipes...these papers have quite a few blanks. Any particular reason?"

"Precaution and necessity."

"Hmm...Tell me, any outstanding warrants?"

"No. At least nothing on record."

"Two questions - what's in the container and why do you want to join?"

"Honest answer?"

"Please."

"When I left the military I "borrowed" some equipment. Really good equipment. They didn't really like it...blew up my apartment..while I was inside. Long story short, I played dead and been wandering the world for a bit. Your ship seems to be going places, which suits me."

Rain paused a bit, digesting what he said and then continued:
"Well, nobody's perfect..jsut one more thing-"

She pulled out her shotgun with lightning speed and pointed it at Richards face. He didn't even blink.

"For a military man, you're not really fast."

"Speed is overrated. True, being quick is one of the most important things in combat, but there are two things that are eve more so."

"Oh? What would that be?"

He smiled and raised his right arm, revealing a fragmentation granade in his hand, the pin was pulled out. Rains eyes focused on it for just a moment, and that was all Richard needed. She felt a strong pull and pain in her right arm and a instant later her shotgun was now pointed at her.

"Planing and precision. Speed is of little use without those two."

He put the shotgun down on the table and returned the granade to his pocket.

Normandy

John looked at the people by the desk. A teenager? Wow. None of the people here are nearly as old as me. My late son would've probably been older than most of these lot... Yes, he would've. That was... 27 years ago...

John had been waiting for the rest of the people to finish their interviews before he stepped up. Seeming as they had, he then went to the desk and began answering the questions asked him.

Trashman & Chaos theory

With the interview over Richard moved back to his container. While the privacy bubble muffled all sound, it didn't block sight at all. Anyone who's been paying attention would have seen his grenade stunt...and apparently they have, as the everyone was giving him plenty of room.

Sitting back next to his container he chuckled at the thought of everyone now labeling him as "that crazy guy with an explosive death wish."

---------

Ben was stunned for a moment at the audacity of the man's stunt. Pulling a grenade on your captain? But then it hit him: We aren't here to play. We all have our reasons. We all have our stories . . .

Casting a wary glance at the container Richard leaned agaisnt, he returned to his reading and feined disintrest. In reality, he was carefully observing everyone in the group, from his corner of the room where he could see everybody. He needed to know what these people were thinking if this mission was to go off well . . .

He flipped a page carefully as the new boy entered the room. About as old as I am. He wears glasses, so he must not see well . . . but he carries pilot gear in his bag. Interesting . . . Ben made a mental note that either this man was a very good pilot, or faking soemthing.

Normandy & Taskara

Such Impatience... these young ones don't think out their moves well.
John considered simply leaving the nagging brats, but he decided against it. After all, they needed someone with his experience, otherwise they'd be doomed to failure, right? He couldn't let that sort of a thing remain on his conscience after...

"Sir, would you please answer my question?"
"Ah, sorry, was carried away."

"Hmm, John Faraday..." Rain said, her dark blue eyes darting over the sheet.
"A little old to be flying bullet traps aren't you?"

----

"Eh, I suppose, but I've never been one to stay still for too long."

-----

"Your not going to die at the helm are you? I'd rather not go flying into a star. Just a personal thing you understand."

TrashMan & ChaosTheory

Another newcomer...Looks like the gang's all here. Richard decided it was a good time for a little intel gathering. He pulled a cap out of his bag, leaned back like he's about to take a nap, and lowered it across his face.

The cap was one of the peaces of his equipment from the military. When activated it projected a image from several micro-cameras scattered all over it to the special part of lining. To Richard it was like watching a move in a cinema, to everyone else it looked like he was totally oblivius to anything going on. The zoom and IR display made it easier to study everyones equipment.

His new captain puzzled him quite a bit. How does one so young get a ship that big? There was something about her, but he couldn't tell what. Zooming in a bit he made a quick mental comment, "nice rack", and proceeded to study others.

-----

Ben might not have noticed that the cap on Richard was . . . unusual . . . if he hadn't been sitting parrallel to him. As it was, he was intrigued by the dim, funny colored lights dancing across the front of the man's ear. After a few moments of surruptitious observation of the room's light souces, he concluded that the multicolored glow on his right ear was coming from under his hat . . . through that space between the side of his head and the hat elastic. He wondered if anyone else could see them, but they might be at the wrong angle to notice . . .

Ben looked down with an annoyed note on his face at the empty glass in his hand. Carefully wiping away an expression of inspiration, he paused momentarily and procceeded to head over too the bar to order a small shot. Ben wasn't exactly a drinker, but he didn't mind alcohol when information gathering purposes demaded it. As the bartender handed him his shot, he turned and faced the group around Rain's table. In a highly informal manner, he went to his seat in a rathar roundabout, but not unnatural, manner and passed behind the cylinder propped up near the couch. A quick glane told him all he needed to know. There were little lights coming out of Richard's cap . . . like he was watching TV. Ben could not exactly see what Richard was watching, but he noticed the way the fuzzy colors got larger and smaller, and moved left and right . . . odd.

Ben took his seat again, finished his drink, and placed it on the table beside him. It was times like these he wished Sapphire was smart enough to learn Lingua Terra. But no, she wasn't that intelligent.

Ben would definitely be watching Richard over the course of their voyage.

------

There's wasn't much intel to be gathered during the interview session, but all Richard wanted was an general assessment of the rest of the crew. After all, he needed to know who he can count on to know what he's doing once the s*** hits the fan, and who's gonna need protection most of all.

The older man looked experienced, like he's seen a lot of fights and death. His stance and weapon revealed he's not a fighter by profession tough, but probably can handle some lighter combat. The limp was probably the result of some combat..or an accident..Wasn't he applying for a pilot position? No visual aids as far as he could see...and in good physical shape. One crew member he won't be worrying about...much.

Jonathan was applying for a marine job, so he knows his stuff. He mentioned serving in the military...the security forces, was it? They weren't bad, but not the top of the military food chain either. He'll have to talk to him later about that, but for now was glad someone with good training and experience was also on board.

Then there was the girl applying for the medical officer position. Sheesh, how did she get a license that joung? Did she even have a license? He made a mental not not to get hurt... Her body language and demeanor showed insecurity..a very shy girl..doesn't look like she knows how to even hold a gun. When the shooting starts, he's going to have to watch out for her the most.

The boy with that small droid seemed almost lost..but very eager and full of energy. Confident too. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing - but in combat, generally a bad thing if you're not trained..and the boy didn't look like he was. Babysitting candidate no2..the girl had competition.

Then was there strange guy with the cat...hmm..where is he? Cycling trough the camms Richard aquired him. At the bar. Oh God, I hope he isn't a drinker. They are always trouble...erm..no, doesn't look that way, he's done drinking. Did he just look this way? He couldn't know about the cap...could he? There he goes again... How?... Must be a coincidence.

When the man turned around Richard shifted a bit, tucking the cap more tightly on his face. The interview will soon be over and what little useful information there was, he already gathered most of it. He too ka quick glance at the rest of the group and turned the cap off.
Last edited by TrashMan on Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

The doors slid open. Keeping a steady pace, Akai walked in, looking around the room. Lots of people. A guy over at the bar caught his eye. His cat, actually. It's been a long time since he had seen one of those. It seemed ha had been drinking, too. He should be in the mood for a talk.

He walked over to the bar, his gaze fixed on the man.

"Excuse me," he started with steady voice. The man slowly turned around to face him.
"Can I help you?" he asked.
"Yes, I heard there was need for a pilot here. Could you tell me where I sign up?"
The man didn't respond immediately. Instead, he looked at him. At first, Akai was more or less confused. He wasn't making eyecontact. Then he realized he wasn't looking at him, but at his glasses.

He pointed to his side.
"Over there, but there's already someone inside. Just wait a couple of minutes, they should come right out."
"Thanks," he said, walking off towards the dome.

Looks like my glasses are attracting attention again, huh? Figures. He walked off and took his place in line.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Ariel silently stretched as she came back to the dock, fatigued with a combination of little sleep the last few nights, constant tension, and the exhausting process of gathering all her remaining assets to take with her. Everything should be assigned to the ship by now... Not that there's much other than my spare clothes, the first aid and emergency supplies that I don't carry with me, that dress that I'll never wear because it's much too...cute and girly, and my hairbrush. Ariel sighed to herself as she contemplated her spartan way of life, while looking at her new ship as she walked its perimeter.

She slowed as she approached a good vantage point, oblivious of the continuing interviews and others nearby. Her slim fingers dug into her shirt pocket, and pulled out a small silver rounded box. It was no bigger than her hand, and about as thick, it lacked almost any features except a series of recessed buttons along one edge. It was scratched up, inelegant, and obscure. It was also her most treasured possession. She looked back at the ship, figuring it had recorded enough, and pressed a button carefully, focused on both the ship itself and the odd outlines and blips and squiggles and numbers that appeared on the lenses of her glasses. It wasn't so much in any language, or really a "read out", it was an odd proto-language that was compromised only of science, physics, data, and quantities. She was able to learn things ranging from size to likely armor composition and possible acceleration curves.

She didn't really care. But it was her home, so she wanted to find out about it. Nothing really suprised her, but she hadn't expected it to. The object in her hand was pretty useless these past few years, and she hated thinking about why she even had it. But it was her. It was part of her, as long as she could remember. She turned the device back off, and lovingly stroked it with her fingertips before slipping it back in her pocket. She suddenly realized that she was near everyone again, which snapped her out of her reverie. She turned around and swept her gaze over everyone, attempting to remain unobtrusive, realizing she didn't really have anywhere else to be at the moment, and no excuse to slip away again.
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

Jonathan sat back and watched everyone. How long was this going to take! oh well, nothing to do now but wait. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a view screen. he proceeds to plug in a strategy game, and begins to play.
Need... More... COOKIES!
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

How many people were left? Two or three...the interviews would be over soon and he doubted he could learn anything more at the moment.. so best to take care of his things.

He stood up, stretching and looked at his stuff. Three bags and that container. There's no danger in leaving the container alone for a minute or two, so he picked up the bags, one over the shoulder and one in each hand and proceeded towards the ship.

It was a good looking peace of metal, as far as ships go. Despite all the technological progress, traveling trough space always was dangerous and very costly. Ship were a luxury, even small freighters...let alone this thing.

He had basic knowledge of various starships - something anyone in the military picks up with time - but he couldn't place this one. The ship was quite big - by the size and visible weapon configuration he's guessed it was a crovette. Very well armed too.

The crew quarters were located near the exit thankfully, and Richard just picked a room randomly and dropped the bags on the bed.
Then he pulled out a small datapad and typed something in.

The screen flashed to life and a message appeared.

----------------------
"Connected to the System Wide Informational Network"

Adress: swin.naval-history.ad/database/corvettes

------------

He sat and listed trough images of various ships and suddenly stopped:
ENCv Cruisader class

"Bloody hell! No wonder I couldn't place it....interesting."

He smirked as he returned the datapad ot the bag and headed towards the dock again.

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

(In response to last interview question)
I'm not that old, you know.

(after a while)

John pulled out a small satchel from his bag. Taking care in untying the strings, he slowly opened it to reveal a beautifully crafted handgun. It was an AX-7 configuration, obsoleted before he was even born. However, the AX-7s were hand-crafted and tuned to perfection by the master gunsmiths who made them. His squad mates had all chipped in to help him buy the weapon shortly before he was given a commission, and held it as one of the dearest weapons he ever had. It did not necessarily have the killing power of the AX-8s, the model used for the majority of the war, or the TC models, the newest ones, but it was a reliable weapon that had stood the test of time.

"I might need this", John said to himself as he wrapped the gun and put it back into his bag.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

"Well I'm willing to give you a shot, but I'll be watching and if I think your slipping on your duties to the point it puts the ship in danger, I won't hesitate to throw you off at the nearest station." She shook his hand as the dome dropped. "Welcome aboard."
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

"Well, at least they're quite the feisty bunch..." John mumbled to himself. "Suppose beggars can't be choosers."
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

@T-002: You're hijacking my character, and out of the timeline as well. :lol:

Ben slipped his duffel bag over his shoulder and made for the ship. It looked fairly luxurious. He noticed the unusual pattern on the carpet and the odd ship shape. Logging away those thoughts, he passed the room Richard had taken and opened the one at the end of the crew section. Glacing around inside, he noted the direct vision port and variety of technological devices. Satidsfied, he flung his clothing bag to the far end of the room and opened up his smaller, secondary bag. Pulling out a few gizmos and gadgets, which he placed on the table, he took out a surveilence device and set up sensors to watch the outside of the ship though his window, the doorway, and the exterior hallway. Then he placed the holo-projection equipment on the wall of the room in front of his bed and put on the Galactic News, quietly of course.

He looked out the window and saw something intriguing about the wings . . . he couldn't quite pin his finger on it, but this ship was not a normal model. Perhaps the Evangelese used different construction architecture.

Ben checked the fridge of the cabin and found a soda pop, made sure nobody could see him or what he was doing, and settled himself on top of the bed. Sapphire lept onto the bed and leaned on him, while he pondered the makeup of their crew. Then he pulled a small, fist-sized blue sphere out of his bag and held it in his hand as it started to glow from the warmth.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

As he was hauling the large container into his room (thank god for the integrated mobility system it had) Richard paused to take a good look at the ship from the outside..it was a military ship, so it had to have a registry number somewhere.
From what he could gather while inside, the ship was in prime condition, but the outside was dirty as hell..like it was sitting in a dust cloud for a eternity.
Aha..there is was...covered a bit by the dirt but still legible.

ENS 10845-C-5

He knew the class, now he can look up the specific of the ship.
Making his way back to the cabin he put the container in the corner, locked the door and started to unpack.

The first bag was the essentials - clothes, books, datapads and some trinkets.
The second one contained various equipment, and even more trinkets and clothes.
Once he neatly stacked everything into the locker, he went for the third bag..which was stock full with weapons, weapons, weapons...and of course, mantainence kit and ammo. He took out a smaller bag wiht several pistols in sticky-holsters and set it to the side, grinning to the idea of spreading them over the ship in a few hidden places..you never know when you might need them.
The next thing to come out of the bag was a monster pistol, it looked like nothing short of a hand-cannon. It was a Pacifier V model, modified to use 20mm catridges instead of the normal 16mm ones. He tucked it onto his tigh holster and pushed the bag under the bed.

The room was now nice and clean..

Grabbing the bag with the pistols he set off to explore the ship.

Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Rain Cracked her knuckles loudly while waiting for the last signup. Things had better get a move on if she didn't want to be late, they had a delivery to make and should have left port by now, it was a tight schedule.
Auriak
Captain
Captain

Post by Auriak »

A man in a leather jacket, early thirties, runs into the docking bay and stops, not at all fatigued. His glowing blue eyes look around the room, and he asks: "Is this where I sign up to join the Last Evangelion crew?"

NAME: Jack Reynolds
HOME COLONY: ?
APPLYING FOR POSITION AS: Will fill any needed position
PICTURE: (none on record)
ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS: Slighty low body temperature, luminous eyes
ANY GENE MODS: Nanites, acting as artificial blood cells, grant increased endurance. Special nanites also boost eyesight, very sharp vision and limited night vision.
ANY CRIMINAL HISTORY: None
ANY OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION: Worked on experimental technologies on Neptune, which is why he is filled with nanites. He is calm with a good heart, and tries to be friendly to everyone. Can be quite cold and serious, and carries a blaster pistol which he made himself. He rarely uses it though, relying more on guile and skill.
Last edited by Auriak on Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them"
Auriak Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1654
Mystar Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Now that the signup table was free, Mic walked over and introduced himself to his prospective captain. "My names Mic Tel, son of Jonathon Tel, you know, the owner of Tel Arms?" She nodded. Most people were familar with Tel Arms and its products. "I've been sent by my father to join this group, you see, the evanglion were impresive technitions and no one can replicate their stuff. My father figures that if we can get enough samples, we can reverse engineer it. So your see, I need transportation."
At this point, the small robot that had been sitting on the boy's shoulder squarked in anoyance. "Okay, I was just getting to you, Spanners." He turned back, "This heres my robot, Spanners. He can't talk be I reckon I can understand him. Any thing else you'd like to know?"
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

"You want to reverse engineer my ship? I'm not so sure if thats a good idea." Rain said looking over his papers. "I can send your father some blueprints to play with but I would rather not have you poking around inside the ship trying to figure out how to copy it all."
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

"Sorry I must have miss-explained my reasons. We're not after ships, just the weapons. Starship grade is to high anyway, I'm after hand guns and such"
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.