Conflicting Factions [OOC, Sign-up]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Reozul
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Reozul »

DAMN YOU, I have soo much stuff to do, but this is too much fun to pass up on.

FACTION:

Name: The Schekrel Conglomerate

Once we were a thriving race, full of excitement and the will to expand.
It was during this phase of expansion, that we found our greatest defeat, ourselves.
We had always been a race of one, immersed in our unity.
Now suddenly, the colonists on new planets were cut from this unity, they created their own.
Hoping to preserve their "newfound" unity, they declared themselves independant of Homeworld, a move that could not be ignored by anyone.
The differences between our homeworld and the colonies culminated in a 30 year war. Homeworld, sure of its victory due to overwhelming amounts of ships went to battle ... and was utterly defeated. Knowing of Homeworlds insurmountable military power the colonies reinvented an old and long since abandoned technology, SHIELDS.
In the end, little of our formerly great and shining culture was left. Our homeworld had been transformed into a near uninhabitable wasteland with only the greatest of cities still somewhat intact.
The colonies, due to their use of SHIELDS, had fared somewhat better.
We shed what was left of our former culture and rallied all that were willing in order to begin anew.

Leader Name: Zcugrietcz Gnesprscz (spell: Shoe-greece n-yes-press)
Often translated: Shugries Nespres

Leader description: The man who rallied the remaining military and civil ships and was, at the time of war, a simple science officer on board the now last cruiser of Homeworld. Not overly charismatic beyond practical sense, he took charge when most of the command staff was killed in a critical bridge-hit. Foregoing the beliefs of his former superiors he argued for salvaging SHIELD equipment of derelict enemy vessels and integrated the into the ship. His attempts at a new start were not met with wholy positive reactions. Yet he still commands the strongest ship. This and the amount of support he recieves at the moment from the remnants of the colony forces have so far led to his opposition remaining in the shadows.
Reozul
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Reozul »

Before I go one with infrastructure, please tell me the actual time of a tick.
your version of 67.5 time 1/2t of Carbon-15 is only 165 seconds.

SHIPS:
General Rules:
Costs:
- Money: give in description
- Metal: (Hullx1500 + Armorx1000)
- Crystal: Influenced by SHIELD strenght and size of ship
- SHIELD: Creates a "bubble". The surface is infused with higher dimensional energies. The SHIELD is a form of permanent Armor, any force greater than the SHIELD's power is reduced by said power.
- all production times are created for "small shipyard". Medium will have 3 times and big 10 times the capacity.

Asthran/Scout - Currently active: 7
Hull: 100
Armor: 50
SHIELD: None
Laser strenght: 50
Fuel Consumption: 5
Engines: 15k
Cost: 1.5 mc
Crystal cost: 0
Build time: 1 tick for 10
Small, fast and desintegrates if stared at too hard.
These ships are great for Scouting and needling large ships, due to their inexpensiveness and speed. Flown by a computer they are the ideal cannon fodder.

Gholesh/Fighter - Currently active: 13
Hull: 300
Armor: 300
SHIELD: None
Laser Strenght: 400
Fuel Consumtion: 15
Engines: 10k
Cost: 5mc
Crystal Cost: 0
Build time: 1 tick for 2
Neither the fastest or the strongest fighter, the fact that we still have some of them is mainly due to the fact, that it is the most balanced one. This two-seater might not be powerful alone, but can be deadly in swarms.

Screshan/Armored Freighter - Currently active: 3
Hull: 1200
Armor: 600
SHIELD: 350
Laser Grid: 150
Fuel Consumption: 30
Engines: 20k
Cargo Space: 50k
Cost: 20mc
Crystal Cost: 700
Build time: 1 tick
The pack-mule of the colonies. The amount it can carry is laughable and it is therefore mainly used as a fuel transport.

Salaton/Colony ship - currently active: 1 (2 before colonizing the new planet)
Hull: 10,000
Armor: 5,000
SHIELD: 2,000
Laser Grid: 500
Flak Grid: 350
Plasma Beam: 10,000
Fuel Consumption: 700
Engines: 100k
Cargo Space: 1m
Cost: 450mc
Crystal Cost: 5,000
Build time: 10 ticks
- Imagine my astonishment when we found 2 of these on an abandoned outpost on the greater moon of Homeworld. They were probably already finished when the war started. No use just letting them sit around.[/b]
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

Hope I'm not to late to play in our little galaxy ;]

Name of Faction: The Kash'Khan Ish'Maak [or Kshk'im for short]

Faction History:None of the Kshk'im actually cared for writing history. In fact, except maybe of it's higher forms, none Kshk'im understood what 'time' was. They just lived, following the tasks given, again and again.
However, there have been other races, that tried to discover, how this unique race has developed.
It's clear, that the Kshk'im home planet has been hit in it's early days by an asteroid or even another planet. Both fell apart, but somehow [probably due to high presence of rare gravity-focusing energy crystal,
which were also the reason that this race was discovered] the remains stayed close enough so that consisting many asteroids, long trenches between giant rock pieces and zero-g dust oceans body had something like it's own atmosphere, and was kept together long enough for a uncommon, half-mineral half-biological lifeforms to evolve.
Some millennia later, this developed into a hive-like structure, with semi-independent lifeforms varying from almost microscopical to humongous beings, living, and fighting for life as one.
Some more millennia later, the Terra mining company arrived. They penetrated the 'planet' they labelled as KI-1002, finding it rich in mineral resources they hungered for. Also, they introduced themselves to the life on KI. And the lifeforms there accepted them, and brought the visitors into their structures. Latterly.
The spaceships were covered with life, the space-travel technology reproduced, the Terrans - brought into the control of the Kshk'im. But, the hive didn't consumed them. It merged with them, as it did with every alien body invading their small world.
One of the joined with the Kshk'ih was Mjoorjon Alabaster Lars, the expedition's medic, actually only a young psychology student, working the required days to going on with his studies, developing his general medical knowledge. Privately, a pacifist and ideologist. Somehow, he became the leading 'personality' that the Kk'ih adapted. Using his mind, and the data in it, they rapidly evolved. From a primitive, half self-aware semi-intelligent species, to an adaptive, open for the whole galaxy to adapt space-colonizing race.
Mjoorjon wasn't the only terran whose personality was joined with the Kshk'im [thou, he's the one that the hive took the idea for it's name from]. They were also miners[who came first], followed by scientist and explorers [who came at the early stage, before the merging, to study the new creatures that lived on KI, and the 'planet' itself], followed by elite medics [who came to try to help those that the Kshk'im has joined into their race], followed by elite soldiers [who came to 'clean up' the miners, the scientist, the medics, their ships, and everything else that has been adapted and joined by the Kshk'im, along with the Kshk'im themselves. It's clear they failed].
The joining of so many personalities and individuals, followed by adaptation and reproduction of their skills, abilities [and starships], turned the Kshk'im into a caste-divided race, consisting kilometre-large miners, tiny flying medics, starship-big[actually, the Kshk'im starship is divided into countless different lifeforms, with a large dose of independently, but still controlled by the self-aware 'mind' of the ship], terran 'alldooers', and differing in size scientists, explorers and researchers.
Being only half-independent, the Kshk'im are controlled by a unified intellect, that manifests itself in the only slightly altered person of Mjoorjon Alabaster Lars.
Each caste seems to be also a semi-independent part of the Kshk'im joined mined, and also to have a different voice and dialect of it's own among the Intellect, so it takes some time for listeners that aren't a part of the Kshk'im to understand who's talking to them.
At the moment, the Kshk'im are preparing to spread, study and adapt new worlds... and races. But thanks to the dominating position of Mjoorjon's psyche, it doesn't always have to be by conquest.

Leader Name: Mjoorjon Alabaster Lars. Due to the Kshk'im caste semi-independence, he can be speaking with the voice of one of them. The most common and well-known are:

Normal - this is just Mjoorjon speaking, when no caste wants to say something itself. You might say, this is the Ambasador and Representative voice of the Kshk'im

Intellect - the highest of highest, the leader of all castes. Speaks with variety of words, a mix of all castes. It's notable, that it uses 'I', not 'we' as the rest of cast voices. It might be, that it pictures itself, as the voice of the entire race, thou some say that it might actually be the voice of Mjoorjon, in his purest state, but still the leader of all Kshk'im

Warlord - short sentences, poor word variety, sometimes hyperactive, often rude and threatening. ["Move, move to Blue-White Thyssia Ship! Spay, rain, acid, boom!"]

Researcher - the voice of 'the brains' among the Intelect castes. The way it speaks is usually rich in long sentences, advanced and scientific words, and quite similar to the way the Intellect speaks, thou it always uses the word 'we'

Miner&Statistician - probably the least talkative caste voice. When it speaks it's usually only numbers, coordinates and units, describing where, what and how many does the Kshk'im have. Thou, it's probably the best informed caste voice

Leader Description:A normal terra male, usually dressed in a log, red robe, sometimes with a hood over his head. Thou he looks not more then twenty-five [for real, he's over two hundred years old], his hair all snow-white, and long, tied into a ponytail that reaches almost to his knees. He has a scar on his left chin, a memory of fighting for the Kshk'im in it's early days. The only unusual thing about him is that his eye colour varies, depending on his mood, thought, and the voice that is currently speaking through him. He wears a blade to his side, in a silver holding. The sword is made from the same crystals that hold KI together, and that have became the reason of the Kshk'im discovery. The crystals kept their gravity-focusing proprieties, so the blade is rumoured to create huge gravity alterations when swung, and to absorb weapon fire. [/b]

[Ok, now gimme please some time to do the ships and facilities, ok? I have a really good concept for this race ;]
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

No, feel free to join at any time.

Gah, right now I'm slightly behind. I'm probably going to finish everything on wednesday, including ship stats and whatnot.

Good news however, it's not this weekend I'll be away, it's next weekend.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

Facilities:

Name: Spoolk
Proposed Cost: 10 mc, 500k metal, 1m ore, 500k minerals, 1 crystal per square kilometer
Proposed Build Time: 2 ticks for 10
Proposed Usage: Terrain forming
Description: The Kshk'im, outside their homeworld need firstly to cover the surface of any planet in the Spoolk - a organic/mineral deep blue 'blanket', that simulates the conditions that are on KI. All Kshk'im buildings, with few exceptions must be build on it. In advantage, the Intellect is fully aware, of anything that steps on the Spool.

Name: Spawning pool
Proposed cost: 20mc, 2m metal, 2m ore, 1k mineral, 3 crystals per 10 meters of depth or 10 meters of diameter.
Proposed build time: 1 ticks per 10 meters of depth and diameter
Proposed use: Construction/biomorphing structure.
Description: The Spawning Pool is a place where in the water-like, thick, violet dust cloud Kshk'im units are created. It simulates the zero-g, native to the Kshk'im condition, that's unique to KI. To construct a unit, the Spawning pools must be bigger then it - constructing for example a 1000mx500mx100m dreadnought will require a 1010m deep/diameter spawning pool, with a 510m diamater/deep.

Name: Krighuun
Proposed cost: 500mc, 5m metal, 7m ore, 25k mineral, 15 crystals per kilometre of length.
Proposed build time: 8 tics per kilometre
Proposed usege: Mobile mining organism, provides 150k metals/ores, 100k minerals, 1 crystal per tick per kilometre of size
Proposed cost: 55kc/tick, 25 c/per unit of resource gained
description: The Krighuun is... a really large leech. Using the Spool to move itself [slowly, maybe 2 km/h] it bites into the surface of the planet, and starts 'sucking out' [actually it's mouth is a replica of a terran remote mining drone... only bigger... and half organic.] any valuable to the Kshk'im resource it finds there. It can be breed only in a Spawning pool that's big enough to cover it's body [it's 200m thick per kilometer of length], and the bigger it is, the deeper it can dig, and harvest more resources. When it's done with mining at one spot, it moves to another, firstly filling the hole it made with semen-like quickly hardening organic material [building a Spawning pool at a site that has been previously used for mining by a Krighuun, half's it's cost, as for every 10m below half of the Krighuun that made the hole size]. Krighuuns above 3km size, can travel outside the Spool. Krighuuns over 5km can be morphed [at the expanse of it's doubled production cost, takes 3 ticks], allowing them space travel, and mining in space and asteroids belts [modifies the income AND cost per tick by x1.5].

Merging Centre
Proposed cost: 2bc, 55m metal, 10m ore, 20m minerals, 690 crystals
Proposed build time: 9 ticks
Proposed usage: Research
Description: Researches new technologies by joining and unifying .anything. the Kshk'im may find thought the galaxy, in order to make it usable to them. Doesn't produce upkeep, but in return needs anything to 'study' on, like alien race members, their structures ans vehicles, starships, strange animals, space anomalies etc. For example, bringing an alien starfigher to the centre will result in the possibility for the Kshk'im to use it, thou it will be slightly altered.

Self-Development Centre
Proposed cost: 1bc, 20m metal, 4m ore, 6m minerals, 150 crystals
Proposed build time: 7 ticks
Proposed usage: Research
Proposed cost: 125kc, 1crystal per tick
Description: This centre is similar to the Merging centre, but it's main research area are the current Kshk'im themselves. It also requires a specimen to study on, but it can be one of the Kshk'im themselves. The result of any study is the advancement of the researched object - a ship will be more powerful, a creature more effective in what it does and so on. It can be also used to further develop already 'captured' techs, that have been adapted by the Kshk'im in the Merging centre. [the example strafighter could become faster, or more durable after the research]. While completing a research in it, all upgraded object in the same system, and any other which has a S-FC may benefit from it, but the morph to a better version takes 2-4ticks. Beings further away from the reach of them, have to be provided with a dna data cask, which can be taken on board as cargo.

[placeholder for more& ships]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Ah, shoot, this whole 'assigning resource costs to ships' thing is taking up far too much of my time.

You are now free to put resource costs on your ship. HOWEVER, badly put resource costs will result in the 'low-quality' effect.

You are also free to change the resource costs at any time you wish, but you will have to pay a research fee.

Finally, the first cycle will occur about 6 hours from now, when I finish all of your nations.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

*Post to figure out current time*
Oh, joy, self assigned cost....
Maybe slowly figure out the cost slowly as we play with current ships

Edit: *Figures out that according to his clock he is currently 13 hours behind the forum.*
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Then change the forum to match your clock?
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Never mind. I figured it out.
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

About playing - I'm still wondering if I should contione with the desc, just to jump-in when everyone is already started... not that I want a rest, just some feedback if I'm doing the desc right/wrong and where
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Sorry for the delay, but my internet died on me over the weekend, and Verizon's super-fast service came just in time to help me get my internet working again.

Unfortunately, I sort of needed the internet to finish the first cycle, so basically we're going to have to wait while I get my good ol' Cable Company back, and while I finish up the first cycle stuffs.

Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

*twitch*

After losing connection AGAIN Tuesday from my crappy Internet Company, I can now officially say that it's a hopeless cause to have this rp get off the ground within the next month or so, since I simply don't have the time. I am extremely sorry for this, but I don't have the money to buy a ticket to Verizon HQ and bitch-slap the CEO.

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Maybe someone can take your place?
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

If they seriously want to.

The material I had been building, however, I cannot send over, since they'd be able to make absolutely no sense of it, so they'd have to start the whole process of giving people stuff themselves.

However, if you do wish to take over the RP, feel free to adjust the rules to your liking. Just either keep my name on it, or change the RP name.

Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Normandy wrote:If they seriously want to.

The material I had been building, however, I cannot send over, since they'd be able to make absolutely no sense of it, so they'd have to start the whole process of giving people stuff themselves.

However, if you do wish to take over the RP, feel free to adjust the rules to your liking. Just either keep my name on it, or change the RP name.
Guess we're gonna have to wait for so-super-secret-that-I-shouldn't-even-be-referring-to-it-right-now-project-X =P.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]