Conflicting Factions [OOC, Sign-up]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Name:Mass Transit Freighter Maltharian
Description: A really really big cargo transport. A unique design aspect
is that it requires no fuel. Instead, giant magnetic accelerator coils in orbit of
Jagatharian Planets accelerate the ship fast enough and at the right angle for
it to be launched at the target planet and be captured in the gravitational
field.
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -1.5k
Cargo Space - 2.5m
Engine Strength - N/A
Laser Weaponry - 500
Armor Strength - .5k
Special Abilities: Made mostly of steel, allowing it to be accelerated by the giant coils.
Can be refitted to be a colonization ship but the refit costs

Name:Mass Acceleration Cannon Ship- Natsima
Description: A ship composed of a giant accelerating coil designed
to propel anything metal across long distances at tremendous speeds and
with great accuracy.
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -4.5k
Cargo Space - 70k
Engine Strength - 10k
Laser Weaponry - 750
Mass Driver Weaponry - None, other than the accelerator coil,
which can propel iron and nickel asteroids...
Armor Strength - 1k
Special Abilities: Giant Acceleration Coil-
used to propel anything magnetic, but mostly ships.
Tractor Beam- to align stuff for launch.

Name:Mass Transit Freighter Kalathian
Description: Same as the Mass freighter Maltharian, only it has
engines to go to places that don't have a mass accelerator cannon or a star to orbit. Like war zones.
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -1.5k
Cargo Space - 2.5m
Engine Strength - 5k
Laser Weaponry - 500
Armor Strength - .5k
Special Abilities: None

Name: Station Upgrade- Makala
Description: An upgrade to the Mass Acceleration Cannon Ship-
Natsima, it turns it into a station. It covers all but the entrance ports for the Accelerator Cannon with more hull.
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -5k
Cargo Space - 20m
Engine Strength - N/A
Laser Weaponry - 7k
Mass Driver Weaponry -7k
Explosive Weaponry - 7k
Shield Strength - 3k
Armor Strength - 7.5k
Special Abilities:

Name: Mach Scout
Description: A small fast scout ship. Lightly armed and armored. Designed to take out spy sats or do a quick recon.
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -1k
Cargo Space - 3k
Engine Strength -5k
Laser Weaponry - .5k
Mass Driver Weaponry -.5k
Explosive Weaponry - .5k
Shield Strength - 2.5k
Armor Strength - 2.5k
Special Abilities: Can go on extended voyages by itself without
resupply, due to hydroponics and efficient recycling.

Name: Jagatharian Frigate
Description: Small fast ship with light armor and medium weapons. Not designed for prolonged encounters but makes a great heavy scout.
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -5k
Cargo Space - 5k
Engine Strength -8k
Laser Weaponry - 3k
Mass Driver Weaponry -3k
Explosive Weaponry - 3k
Shield Strength - 5k
Armor Strength - 7.5k
resupply, due to hydroponics and efficient recycling.

Name:Mega Mass Driver Etherion
Description: A huge space station orbiting Jagathar. Most notable
due to an enormous mass driver along the core of the ship. Can only fire once every ten ticks. But can fire multiple ships during the firing, allowing a small fleet of ships to be launched at high speeds with no fuel cost to the ships. Currently, the Mass Drivers Coils need an overhaul due to decay when the station was abandon due to the United Galactic Peacekeeping Council deeming it an unnecessary drain on the people of Jagathar's resources. Basically, they were afraid that the driver would be used to accelerate a large nickel-iron asteroid at their head quarters. They were so paranoid, they placed a large remote control bomb on the main drive unit of the driver. Luckily they never detonated the explosives, so when the UGPC dissolved, the Jagatharians took the explosives (all three tons of it) and but it into smaller metal containers. These are now stored to be used as driver driven rockets.

Located at r5

Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -15k
Cargo Space - 3.5b
Engine Strength - None
Laser Weaponry - 12.5k Still there because they were built into the station. If they could the UGPC would have removed them along with the explosive ordinance. Luckily they couldn't without the risk of blowing themselves up.
Mass Driver Weaponry - None other than main canon. Interferes with the main canons precise aiming system.
Explosive Weaponry - None other than main canon. All removed by the UGPC.
Shield Strength - 5k
Armor Strength - 17.5k
Special Abilities: A really, really, really big mass driver. When I say big I mean big. You could fit three VH-class ships side-by-side in the driver. But that would be cutting it close.

Name: Jagatharian Scout Survey Ship
Description: Lightly armed and armored ship designed to go on extended voyages creating a map of planets and other interesting features.
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -5k
Cargo Space - 500k
Engine Strength - 10k
Laser Weaponry - 2k
Mass Driver Weaponry -.5k
Explosive Weaponry - .5k
Shield Strength - .5k
Armor Strength - 1k
resupply, due to hydroponics and efficient recycling. Also has large
storage areas for expendables.

Name:
Description:
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -
Cargo Space -
Engine Strength -
Laser Weaponry -
Mass Driver Weaponry -
Explosive Weaponry -
Shield Strength -
Armor Strength -
Special Abilities:
Last edited by derekiv on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:42 am, edited 10 times in total.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

12.5k metal is nothing, you all realize this right?

A nicely sized destroyer will cost around 1.2m metal (that's 1200k).

But actually, derekiv, do you want to begin with a large empire? You'd have a combat disadvantage in the beginning to make it fair, but you'd... start with a larger empire.

Also, ATTN all participants:

Please try to finalize all designs by tomorrow, as that is when I begin.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Name: MegaHaul extra-large transport system / carrier / colonizer
Description: A very large ship that basically boils down to a metal box with engines - it can carry a cruiser's worth of metal, or a fleet of fighters (max of 50 fighters at a time, no matter the remainign cargo space), however, it can only move a max of 2 squares/tick. Also covered in solar panels.
Hull Integrity: 5k
Cargo Space: 20m
Engine Strength: 50k
Armor strength: 3k
Shield stregth: 1k
-No weapons-
Special Abilities: Carry up to 50 fighters, meaning they don't consume fuel. Also can double as Conlony ship, but the switch must be done at a colonized star system or large station and negates the other effect, and also costs 25% of original expense to change over.

1 in operation that brought the populous to their current location, now currently in carrier mode.

More later, I don't have time right now.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Sure I'll start with a large but militarily weak empire.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

I don't suppose there's any provision for late entrants? I've some interest in things such as this, though I'm still pretty unsure I want to get into it.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Go go go Siber! I think if you can double time it before the end of Sunday, you may be able to lay a claim.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Ah, what the hell.

Faction: Trenth Conglomerate.
Faction History: How exactly organic high bandwidth radio communication evolved on this out of the way mudball of a planet is somewhat unclear. What is clear is that once it developed, it enabled an explosion of intelligence in a certain colonial animal, resembling in some ways the naked mole rat of earth. These masses of flesh, once loosely unified in common genetic interest were forged into cohesive beings, with increasing complexity quickly giving rise to the emergent behaviors recognizable as intelligence, with whole colonies taking the roles normally played by individuals.

These beings, who would eventually be known as the Trenth, went through many of the same tribulations as any other growing civilization, up until they began to discover computing and communications technology. These technologies, coupled with their natural communications abilities, began a series of increasingly violent conflicts as 'Overcolonies' developed, groups of Trenth colonies working together for reasons that they did not fully understand towards goals only slightly known to them, much as the individual members of the colonies worked togehter. The Overcolony feature developed multiple times in rapid succession within the population, and the resulting groups were not compatible, and clashed.

The Homogonisation War resulted in the death of over 60% of the Trenth population, and all but one Overcolony. The Trenth are still feeling the aftershocks of this conflict, even generations afterward, but have largely recovered and are pushing out into space to find sources of fresh resources outside of their tattered world.

Leader Name: There is in fact no formal leader. An entire class of colonies could be called into a leadership role in interactions with outside forces, but the Overcolony ultimately directs all actions, and is practically impossible to directly interact with.

Leader Description
: The Overcolony has become increasingly fractured as light speed limits disrupt it's cohesion, but to date the fragments cooperate peacefully. The Trenth themselves are not fully aware of it's existence, though intellectual segments theorize about it.

Ships 'n stuff to come.

Name: Deep Burrows
Proposed Cost: 50mc, 50 crystal, 5m metal
Proposed Build Time: 10 ticks
Proposed Use Cost: 50k units of metal, 1mc, per tick
Proposed Usage: Production of up to 400k units of ore, refinement of 200k units of metal.
Description: The Trenth are traditionally burrow dwellers, and a good mine makes a good city for them. These burrows triple as housing for a growing population, ore collection, and even ore refinement. Unfortunately, transporting the food to feed the population proves costly.

Name: Sin City
Proposed Cost: 100mc, 80 crystal, 4m metal
Proposed Build Time: 5 ticks
Proposed Use Cost: 10mc, per tick
Proposed Usage: Key administrative/communications center
Description: These locations play host to a wide array of more seedy activities, spectacles, and establishments that the sensible working class Trenth colony would object to in their back yards. Strangely enough, one such edifice crops up quickly with every colony, and always on top of a key node in the communications infrastrucutre, for reasons the builders themselves aren't fully aware of. In truth, one of the various hedonistic activities that finds a shelter in these locations is the swapping of individuals between colonies, something that is vital to the mental health of the Overcolony. These locations are the true nerve centers of the Trenth, even if nobody knows it.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

*WIP* Work In Progress *WIP*

Name of Faction: Karzakk Xenom (Unique Race, Humanlike With Sharper Features, More Sinister Appearance)
Faction Info: Not much is known about the Karzakk Xenom; what few clues gathered lead to its history as an extra-universal race, stretching across the eons of space farther perhaps than even the mighty machine Kiran. What is known is their notable dislike for machines. Whenever possible, they will replace mechanical parts with organic devices of their own make. As such, they have grown a huge proficiency for biochemical engineering. What historians do know is that they consider new universe that they came upon, ripped into through a space-time gash in the fabric of reality, as theirs, and they have fought for this cause for thirteen years now. Their purpose is noble: to scourge the imperfect from these cosmos: the universe presented to them by the Gods by which they so zealously worship. They follow a loose caste system, generally defined by abilities at birth and training through childhood. The more important castes are: the Adepts (Xeno'Xan), or the "scientists", the Magistrates (Xeno'Czol), or the "warriors", and the Divinists (Xeno'Thul), or the "priests".
Leader (Czulkang, Meaning "War King") Name: Xerxes Kar'Xak
Leader Description: As little is known for the race, even less is known about the Czulkang. One thing is for sure: The title can only be won through personal combat with the previous Czulkang. Never has a War King died from natural causes.

Question: Can I add a resource of my own? Living Materials? It would have the same cost as Metals, and for all other purposes is the same as metal, except for the fact that it can’t be mined it is grown at the same cost as mining metal (balance FTW!). Also, it has some of the weaknesses that metal doesn’t, but it can slowly regenerate itself. And die without upkeep.

Infrastructure:

Name: Czul’Zan Zarokk (Warship Assembly)
Proposed Cost: 15k Metal, 35k Minerals, 60k Living Materials, 80m Credits
Proposed Build Time: 21 ticks
Proposed Use Cost: (.5m + .5m Credits per ship level) per ship per turn
Proposed Usage: Ships Corvette and below (including Fighters) build at 85% of cost and in 75% of time. Ships Heavy Cruiser and above build at 120% of cost and in 130% of time.
Description: Large ground based (3/4ths above, 1/4th below) production line built in much more living materials than metals. Every ship is built unique due to its large number of living parts. It was originally designed to build dozens of squadrons of fighters in a short time, coupled with corvettes for quick strike capability. Only really useful up to Medium Cruisers, the Czul’Zan Zarokk is inefficient at building higher level ships.

Name: Xeno’Xan Corzak (Adepts Compound)
Proposed Cost: 10k Metal, 25k Minerals, 40k Living Materials, 120m Credits
Proposed Build Time: 8 ticks
Proposed Use Cost: 2m Credits, 1k Living Materials, 30 Crystals per tick
Proposed Usage: Researches crap. Gives 40 Crystals per tick.
Description: Part underground and part above ground, this Compound provides a workplace for the Adepts to research new weapons of war. Or other stuff. Byproduct of the researching is net gain of 60 crystals per tick.

Name: Xeno’Czol Xor’kamn (Warrior Training Grounds)
Proposed Cost: 55m Credits, 6k Metal, 10k Living Materials, 4k Minerals, 150 Crystals
Proposed Build Time: 8 Ticks
Proposed Use Cost: 1m Credits per tick
Proposed Usage: Here the fiercest of combat techniques are used, shaping the Karzakk Xenom warriors into the vicious fighters characteristic of this race. It is much akin to the tests undergone by the Spartan warriors, if on a slightly more advanced scale.

Name: Xeno’Thul Voxan
Proposed Cost: 120m Credits, 50k Living Materials, 10k Minerals, 400 Crystals
Proposed Build Time: 13 ticks
Proposed Cost: 150k Credits per tick
Proposed Usage: Something to do with Religion that benefits me.
Description: Meh

Name: Forsaken Underground City’s Kitchen
Proposed Cost: NOTHING
Proposed Build Time: 69 ticks
Proposed Use Cost:
Proposed Usage: Feeds people. Also serves as a placeholder and transforms into a better building once I think of something.
Description: YUMMY PIE!!
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Holy shit, kitchen!
warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

came up with a few ships (mainly lower class with specialities)

Name: The Arlogan
Description: a colony ship, able to sustain life for over 100 years, running mainly on waste products after70 years
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -7k
Cargo Space - 10mil
Engine Strength -300k
Laser Weaponry -9k
Mass Driver Weaponry -9k
Explosive Weaponry - 9k
Shield Strength - 2k
Armor Strength-1k
has colonization ability

Name: anti shield platform
Description: a defence platform more effective at taking out shields. ALWAYS partnered with an anti ship platform
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -1k
Cargo Space - 5k
Engine Strength -0
Laser Weaponry -5k
Mass Driver Weaponry -15k
Explosive Weaponry - 7k
Shield Strength - 3k
Armor Strength - 7k

Name: Anti ship platform
Description:a defence platform more effective at taking out ship hulls. ALWAYS partnered with an anti shield platform
Design Specs:
Hull Integrity -1k
Cargo Space - 5k
Engine Strength -0
Laser Weaponry -5k
Mass Driver Weaponry - 7k
Explosive Weaponry - 15k
Shield Strength - 7k
Armor Strength - 3k
if everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.......idiot.
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

added more ship designes to my post.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Well, I have come to the realization that this was an absolutely horrible week to start an rp. I'm using my very limited spare time right now typing this post. I'm, unfortunately, busy today, tomorrow, and will be busy friday, saturday, and sunday, and moderately busy on the rest of the days.

However, this has given me a solution to one of the problems that has been long plaguing me about the RP. I shall post this solution later, perhaps tomorrow.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Take your time, none of us are in a hurry to get started.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

We all need time to come up with names and functions and other carp.
So take all the time you need.
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

Any chance on still joining?
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]