A BSF Choose Your Own Adventure - Prelude, Queries

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

A BSF Choose Your Own Adventure - Prelude, Queries

Post by TormakSaber »

I like to think I'm a decent DM and storyteller, so I'm curious as to what you'd think about this idea.

Basically: You, as a group, as a forum, create a character, within the parameters of the system. I tell the story, and every so often, you guys get a choice on what to do. There's no good or bad choices, but realize that some choices can possibly end in failure. You can "lose", but the idea is to tell a good story, so "losing" may simply be an end to that story and the beginning of a new one.

I have a base story set out, and it would probably involve my own personal "corporation" 's lore, that is, the story is set in the BSF universe. Cameos from notables may occur, and if possible, if the story and etc allows, I may ask for permission to use ships from other people's in the story. This is ulikely though, as BSF and my own lore gives me a lot of leeway.

When you get choices, I will probably give you an A, B, C, choice, with D being "Make up your own". Whichever gets the consensus is what will happen. Naturally you can argue and decide what gets done, but in the end, there need sto be a majority consensus.

Really, I need your opinions on how you think the story should go. Would you like it preodminantly "ground" based"? Would you like it to be starfighter based? A mix? Would like like accomapnying pictures? (in BSF style of course, I'm a horrible artist, sorry. This would mostly mean pics of your ship, enemies, combats, etc) What sorts of things might you like to see? Do you want a hard "stats" syste, or would you rather the stats take a backseat to storytelling, and let the character be an amorphous sort of thing...

As it's core, basically: I would like to run a "tabletop DnD adventure" in BSF. I haven't DMed PnP in awhile, and I don't want to get rusty.

So what do you think?

EDIT: I would probably be taking some artistic liberties with the lore, in regards to ship sizes and crew sizes, anyways. You may voice those opinions here, but please do not clutter the topic itself, if made, with complaints like "But the Hestia would take more than 3 men to crew!" or "That ship is too little!", please.
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Oooh, the pangs of past love with Trenchie. *sighs*.

'Sounds good. Are you going to be posting forms for people to sign up with ?
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

so we as a group have to make a character? how would that work out?
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

I have no idea.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

No signups needed, after the initial character (which I can simply if needed, or "generic-ify" to speed the process, and allow him to develop via your actions. I.E. Mass Effect. You start off as Captain Shepard, and your goodness, evilness, and ability to do things are decided as you do actions. Actually, I sorta like that. I may go with that to save you the hassle of "character generation".) creation. Anyone can jump in and offer a suggestion at any time. If you want to stay with the game from day one, that's cool. If you jump in midswing and only offer an approach to 2 choices and leave, that's cool too.

I answered the "group character" in the big parenthesis above, I think. You would decide on a name. The rest I can handle in the story, actually. I guess all you guys need to decide is a name, LOL...

EDIT: But yes, it'll be much like that thread that Riathah linked too. However, much less cool because I can't draw cool pictures. :(
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Wren
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Picard?
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Something original, preferably. Male or female, I don't care.
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Trenchie, mayb- oh GOD ! *sobs*

Edit: Why not name the character after someone from this forum ?
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

It doesn't really matter what we name the person, all it does it give the gender. I mean for what its worth we could name them Candlejack and it wouldn't have any real effe-
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Schwarzkopf?
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Or Ahhhhnuld!

Sorry. The idea is interesting, though.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Raithah wrote:Trenchie, mayb- oh GOD ! *sobs*

Edit: Why not name the character after someone from this forum ?
I'd rather not open up that can of worms.

And no, a name isn't really needed, but I'd rather not have to pull a Final Fantasy X and always have to refer to the character as "Hey you!" because you could rename Tidus however you wanted... :D
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Well then how about-

KKKKHHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

? It's a good name, fairly original. Bob the Magnificent, Space-faring Rabbit is mind, though; so I call keep offsies.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

This will be a serious CYOA, BTW. I won't tolerate stupid answers, like "LOL EAT HIS FACE" or anything. I expect maturity, responsibility, and creativity.

This means you name needs to be equally seriously minded...

Oh, also: I need a callsign along with the real name. Something that your guy can go by when he's out on missions; alternatively called your "Badass Name".