Stardust Evangelion (IC thread)

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Jacob was looking out of his room's window when he saw something, a blob of red, frozen blood, he took out his hand-held computer and ordered it to record what was happening, he switched the recording to IR, and there, he saw a human figure in the IR Mode of his comp. A second later a micrometeorite impact shattered the blob.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Rain packed up the desk and headed back into the ship seeing that there were no more applicants, as she went she hit the RedSwitch, sounding an alarm to make sure everyone was aboard. She put the desk away in an unused room that had been converted to a storage locker while the last of the crew were entering then went to find Skyy, who was on the bridge.
"Hey Skyy we need to get moving, I'll take us out if you want to give the tour."
"Sure," he said getting up, he shook his shirt straight and left the room.
Rain released the docking clamps and hit the release toggle, which sent the ship slowly forward out of the dock.

The space outside the station was strangely quiet. Rain put on the comm signal and called the station.

"This is Tango Whiskey Seven Niner, calling Jerrica Station tower, board is clean requesting outbound vector for coast up along line five niner niner." The wireless remained silent so she repeated herself.
"Tango Whiskey Seven Niner, calling Jerrica Station tower, board is clean requesting outbound vector for coast up along line five niner niner."
She frowned as the wireless remained silent, there were no ships in the area other then a pair of police cruisers, and a water hauler, it was quiet.
Suddenly an alarm went off...localized target lock had been achieved on the ship...from the police ship?
"Tango Whiskey Seven Niner, calling cruiser Echo Foxtrot Five four, we are buddy spiked, at angels 15, southeast by northeast of your position, tracking along vector eight five niner seven. transmit intentions, over."
The radio remained silent.
"Tango Whiskey Seven Niner, calling cruiser Echo Foxtrot Five four, we are buddy spiked, transmit intentions over." the vessel continued to ignore her calls bu began accelerating towards her.
"Damnit!" she said switching over to an emergency frequency and firing the engines, pushing her away from the station on a runup for superluminal, she was getting worried now. "Tango Whiskey Seven Niner, transmitting in the blind guard, disengage." The vessel made no response and continued its approach, it had started boosting before her and was rapidly closing.
"Tango Whiskey Seven Niner, transmitting in the blind guard, disengage."
The cruiser made no response and fired off a trio of missiles. another alarm went off and the computer brought up a display.
"Warning, incoming weapons fire, scans indicate the weapons are nuclear tipped and are estimated to be in the 50 megaton range. missile target lock in 28 seconds."
"This is going to be nasty." She said glaring at the flashing lights. She grabbed the intercomm while hitting the calculation sequence for the jump computer.
"Things are gonna get rough! Everyone grab onto something!" Her only chance was to accelerate fast, up to the jump speed of 939 meters per second, close the distance to the pole and the nearest jump point, and then activate the FTL before the missiles hit.
"Mayday! Tango Whiskey Seven Niner, transmitting in the blind guard, disengage!" She said while mashing down the accelerator, the inertial dampeners didn't have time to compensate for the speed boost and everything was sent flying backward.
"Distance to FTL jump zone is 53 kilometers, speed is 347 meters per second and climbing to 900 meters per second, jump will be possible in 1 minute 4 seconds. missile impact is in 54 seconds."
"shit! Tango Whiskey Seven Niner, transmitting in the blind guard, disengage!" She said firing off a large cluster of chaff, but the missiles managed to lock on.
Mayday! Tango Whiskey Seven Niner, is buddy spiked! disengage! abort your attack!"
She called up a screen and checked weapon status...they had nothing, in her hurry to leave she hadn't loaded the shells into their magazines.
"Abort! abort! abort!" She shouted uselessly as the missiles closed the gap.
"Impact in 10 seconds. Jump is possible in 15 seconds."
Rain fired off a cloud of flares designed to lure off the missiles, they managed to slow them down but not stop them.
"Impact in 12 seconds. Jump is possible in 8 seconds."
"This is gonna be close..."
"Jump is now possible."
Rain mashed down the jump toggle and the ship vanished in a burst of light, sending the missiles tumbling off into space.

oh, in this RP Angels is used to indicate the position between vessels in KM
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Jacob walked into the bridge and asked "Excuse me Ma'am, what was all that shouting about?".
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

Richard felt the sudden acceleration and knew something was up. But he knew he was a ground pounder and not a pilot. There was little he could do to help, so he stayed in his room and continued to clean the guns.

A few minutes after the jump there was a knock on his door. It was Jonathan.

"Am I disturbing?"

"No, not at all..what can I do you for?"

"I just wanted to talk and-" Jonathan paused as he noticed the bag full of weaponry.
"Holy shit! You sure carry a lot of guns with you. A C7, Mk-20..Hey, you even got two M-10's. You plan on taking on an army?"

Richard just grinned and gave a smug "Maybe. But those M-10's are for the ship. I'm think about installing them at the dock points"

"That's not a bad idea..but won't it clog the corridor a bit?"

"I thought about attaching them to the roof. Of course, I'll need to talk to an engineer about that. There's that kid with the droid, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of giving him a heavy machingun. Who's else an engineer? That cat guy, right?"

"Think so...I also think he's name is Ben."

"Ya, good to know. I'll talk to him once I finish cleaning these babies."

Jonathan paused a bit then asked:
"Mind a question? Why do you carry so many guns anyway?"

"Bad experience with civilian freighters." - replied Richard nonchalantly - "I worked on a few before this job. Half of them are just begging to be robbed by pirates. On one of the freighters the only weapons they had were three Falc 200 pistols!"

"What? That old crap?" - exclaimed Jonathan, laughing.

"Oh, it gets better. The captain kept them locked in his cabin, in a safe..and his room was the furtherest from the dock points aside from the engines. Talk about stupid. By the time he gets to the guns it will be too late."

"Good thing you didn't get boarded then."

Richard just grinned.
"Oh, but we did. Thank heavens this wasn't my first freighter job and by that time I learned to carry a few extra weapon just in case......Say, mind if I asked a personal question?"

"No..shoot."

"Well, I know genetic modification is expensive, especially higher grade ones. God knows the military is cheap when it comes to the normal branches...most soldiers either don't have any gene mods or just some basic ones. Even by some of the higher ranking marines I've only seen boosts that give about 20-25% increase to ones agility. Your boost goes way beyond that...unless you're elite the military ain't gonna pay for that, and you said you were in the security forces. So how'd you pay for that? Got a rich uncle? Won a lottery?"

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Okay, timeline will be slightly weird on this, I want to clear up what he did after the interview.

Akai walked off to find himself a room. He was last in, so most rooms would probably be taken. He glanced around the corridor.

Wow. I guess these rooms aren't that big. Oh well.

He managed to get a room near the bridge, just in case. He opened the door and peeked in. Dear God, this really is small. He walked in and was thinking about unpacking, when he remembered he didn't take anything with him. Somewhat annoyed, he dropped on the bed.

"Man, I've heard about traveling light, but this is over the top," he mumbled to himself. "Remind me not to listen to myself again."

He just lied there for minutes, staring at the ceiling, when he felt the ship move. It moved. This is bad. She would have warned us. He sat up straight, unable to decide whether or not to run to the bridge. Then, suddenly, they jumped. What in heaven's name do they think they're doing? He ran back into the corridor, looking around if he saw anyone.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

"the security forces were not my first choice, not my first job either. I had been in the elite, but my commander... well, let's just say that he hadn't liked me very much. it took him a few years, but he finally got me transferred to the security forces. luckily, I had saved up a good chunk of money by then, enough to live pretty comfortably. as a matter of fact, i had been saving up for a ship. then, things happened and my priorities changed."
Need... More... COOKIES!
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

"Elite you say?" - Richard bit his tongue as he was trying to remember something, one on his usual maunerisms. He was sure Jonathan was never in the Omegas, but that still leaved a lot of other posibilities.

"You mean, you were serving in one of the first 5 marine devisions? Or do you mean SpecOps squads, like the Rangers, Roughnecks A.T.F. or the T.A.R.?"
Last edited by TrashMan on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

Yea, i was in the Rangers, and we were good. so, what's your story?
Need... More... COOKIES!
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

"Rangers? Oh yea, they are good..."

For what he knew, the Rangers were the most numerous SpecOps outfit in the military, partially because of their lower recruitment criteria. Of course, that doesn't automaticly mean outfits with only a few members are better by definition. The ATF for instance, was very small, but it was common opinion that they were the worst SpecOps outfit out there. Regardless, the Rangers training was almost on pair with the Roughnecks and they also got better equipment than regular marines. Still, neither of them could match the Omegas..they were in a class on it's own.
Snapping back from his thoughs, Richard added:

"I was with the Roughnecks for a short while, but I then moved on to other things." - he made a slight pause, and the tone of his voice gave Jonathan the feeling that there was more to this than Richard was saying. Finally he continued:
"Life had somewhat different plans. Suffice to say that me and the military didn't part on friendly terms in the end."

Standing up from the bed he grabbed the M-10's and quickly changed the subject. "But enough of history, let's see about getting these puppies installed, shall we?"

"Don't you think you should ask the captain before trying to install things on HER ship?"

"Oh I will...I just want an engineers opinion on the matter. No sense in bugging the captain if installing it there isn't a good solution. Come on."

Last edited by TrashMan on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Rain glanced at Jacob then back at the swirl of white light beyond the windows, she'd plotted a short jump, only a system away so the coil time was only about an hour. She picked up the intercom.
"Everyone! In the lounge! Now!" She stood up and passed Jake leaving him with a puzzled look.

Once everyone was in the room Rain shouted.
"Alright! Which one of you forgot to mention that you seriously pissed off the Jerrica police?! I had good relations with Jerrica and now they're shooting at me?! I want to know whats going on and I want to know now!"
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

Jonathan and Richard barely made it half way trough the corridor when Rains voice came up over the intercom. She ordered everyone in the lounge immediately and both men didn't hesitate to obey the order.

As everyone gathered Richard saw concern in the faces of almost everyone. Tension was high.
Then Rain shouted the question. Who pissed the Jerrica police?

They couldn't be after him... could they? No, they left him for dead..unless they somehow found out he was still alive and kicking. But using the police, or any outsider for that matter, doesn't sound like their way of handling things. No, if it was them the ship would probably be only space debris by now...station included. Or him and the crew would be found dead in various accidents, mostly explosive ones.

He decided to keep quiet for starters and see how the situation develops.

ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

What? Was there an illegal crew member aboard, or a runaway from the law? Ben thought he had heard Rain shouting about bogeys in the control room, but he wasn't sure . . . there was only one police craft in port now, right? Why was it firing on them? Why didn't it send people to the dock while they were doing interviews? Was the government suddenly after Rain? Maybe it was that strange guy with the canister. He looked pretty suspicious . . . perhaps an escapee from the army. Probably wasn't that medic girl . . . where was she lately, anyway? . . . or the dude with the robot, he probably couldn't commit a crime and ecape . . . did they have a stowaway? Hmmmm . . .
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Oh crap. Oh crap oh crap oh crap.

Akai seemed troubled. He wasn't sure, at least not completely sure. Put it was definitely a possibility. They might just be after him. Beads of sweat dripped over his face as he checked the odds.

He'd piloted several ships, mostly smugglers looking for a good flyboy. It paid well, and he got to go places. But it did have its risks. For example, his record had traveled between many stations. Even though they could not pin anything on him, their suspicion was enough. But to open fire on him? Just like that? It didn't seem reasonable. No, they probably didn't want him. But if not him, then... who?

He glanced around the lounge. Most of them were pretty tense, but it was only logical. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

oh joy... someone was being hunted by the police! when Jonathan found out who it was... oh their would be trouble. but in the mean time, best to look at the people, gauge their reactions.
Need... More... COOKIES!
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

He'd been glad to get the bleeding stopped. Next time the ship jumped it would best not to be looking at viewscreens in his cabin; just one and bang! Right in the face. A sharp sqawk from Spanners jolted him out of his thoughts. "Don't worry Spanners, I dought their after you". The droid smilled, or at least seemed to; it is hard for one to smile when one lacks a mouth.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.