Stardust Evangelion (IC thread)

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

"How long it was from exposure? 10-15 minutes? If the little miss knows what's she's doing, he should be O.K."

Turning towards Rain he continued.
"But that still doesn't solve our puzzle. Who sent the guy?"

Up until now Richard had doubts that maybe it was because of him. But his enemies would never be so sloppy...
Last edited by TrashMan on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Ariel was shocked, but immediately pulled a glove out of her pocket, snapped it on, and grabbed his hand, practically dragging him to the decontamination chamber. I've never actually seen a case, but if he's not lucky, he has absolutely no time left unless we act right now. She opened the metal door and essentially shoved him in and locked the door, engaging the intercom.

"Please take off all articles of clothing in the box on the left, and your valuables in the box on the right. Then seal them and press the large green button. You may want to close your eyes, unless you want to be permanently blind." Flashing was about the best decontamination method anyone had figured out so far, where a high intensity light essentially burned off the top two layers of cells. Since those cells were dead anyway, it didn't hurt...but the chemical wash following it wasn't exactly pleasant. At least it was better than dying.

"After you are finished, please open the other door - This one will remain locked - to be in the Quarantine section. It's not exactly comfy, but this isn't a large ship. After you're in there, I'll talk to you again. There should be a sterile jumpsuit in there as well."

She turned away to face the other crewmen that had gathered, and immediately grew a tad embarassed now that the immediate threat was contained. "Um..." She called to the captain, who was still quite alarmed. "Captain Artuga, now -may- be a good time to ask about the crew medical files..." Ariel smiled slightly as she slipped off her glove into a laser incinerator.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Ben, a little disoriented by the lights and chemical wash and everything, managed to recollect himself and press the communicator button . . .

"Woah, woah, woah. Hold it a minute . . . . it has been quite a while, possibly half an hour, since I spaced that guy . . . And the gas was contained in the airlock, which was emptied of all air . . . I don't think I got any on me, there was five feet of air and two inches of nanoscreen between me and the vial when it shattered . . . but you really should be decontaminating the airlock and corridor right now. Like, before the polyform can spread, and we are in hyperspace right now, with no availible decon stations if the ship gets infested with the stuff . . . come on, don't stand there, I'm fine, get to the airlock!"

Ben paused for amoment, then continued.

"And Ariel, you have good reflexes, I'm relieved that we have an intelligent medic on the crew if we are going to run into dangers like this."
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Rain handed a stack of medical papers to Ariel, then hit the communicator and spoke to Ben. "Polyform is water based, it can't survive in space, it needs the H20, which would have volatilized in the airlock. If your still alive it means you probably weren't contaminated. This is just a precaution." She collapsed into one of the chairs in the room. She picked up her radio with a resigned voice. "Was it Polyform or not?" She asked Ariel. Rain deeply wanted this to be a huge mistake but everything was beginning to fit, the guy, the police, the station. If it was them, then they were all in a lot of danger.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Ariel, still tinged with a faint blush of embarrassment from Ben's approval, took the papers and thumbed through them for any urgent tags left by other physicians. There were none. She then thumbed through them again, trying to avoid the question.

Finally, she sighed and punched up a report. "According to the traces when we incinerated the clothing... There's no question. It's Polyform. And since it has a half-life of 2 hours, it's not exactly an old trace. If we hadn't flashed, it would have eventually eaten away at any organic matter it could find, and replicated more polyform in its place. I haven't actually ever seen any cases of it outside of...of a class on how to treat injuries and diseases caused by warfare. It's classified as a chemical weapon. It's not exactly common..."
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Rain's eyes glazed over for a minute while she thought of the implications. She said nothing but one word hissed out of her lips, like air escaping a leaky suit.
"Nightrise."
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Polyform? Thats expensive stuff Mic thought as he raced back to his cabin. If someone willing to spend that much money, and risk so many collateral deaths they must have some important objectives in mind. Now in his cabin he booted up the Web terminal and logged in the the Tel Arms network. The company had been working on a cure for polyform and from there, he might be able to trace distribution.
After a few checks he sighed in relief; all of Tel Arms supplies were accounted for. Leaving the search running, he wandered off to find something to fix.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

That last comment that escaped from Rains mouth peeked Richards interest, but he decided to not pry into the matter. She looked at him and at the machineguns in his hands and asked with a weary expression:

"What are those things doing in your hands? And on my ship for that matter?"

"I was meaning to talk to you about that. Actually, was meaning to talk to Ben about it..wanted a engineers opinion before I talked to you."

It so happened that Mic walked back into the room at that moments and overhead the last sentence.
"Heck, I'm an engineer, what's the problem... Hey, M-10's! Sweet, compact things. What do you need them for?"

Richard turned his head towards the kid and smiled. Kid knew his guns..well, that was a pleasant surprise.
"I was thinking of installing them at the dock point...attaching them to the roof upside down. But I don't know if it's possible to put them there with the wireing and all."
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Jacob walked into the med bay and asked "Do we have anything other than Mayonnaise sandwiches? I seem to be allergic to them. I haven't eaten since yesterday.". [/b]
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

"Beatiful. Isn't this just beautiful." Akai said out loud while heading to the bridge. At this point, it didn't matter to him who heard him.

"So, first we get the police on our tail, next a possible polyform outbreak, what's next?" They weren't even on their way yet, and already did the shit hit the fan. His frown seemed glued to his face as the bridge doors slid open. At least he could see what he'd be working with. Make himself useful.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

"So Richard . . . . I see you want to install some M-10's to the ship. Unfortunately, I think the wiringin the roof of the docks is of the wrong type to install a weapon. However, I could take a short spacewalk and mount them to the outside of the ship, if that would work as well. I'll I'd need would be a few spare sections of metal and a electrical map from the bridge. What kind of weapons are there on this thing already, Rain?"
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

"We've got 4 heavy railguns, 6 medium railguns, and 4 launchers for various missile types." Rain said in a slight daze. Her mind was still reeling from the implications of the polyform traces. She suddenly snapped to focus, and picked up her radio-intercom.
"Bridge come in, Akai, I want you to keep us in hyperspace, once the coils are normalized, fire them again, we're going to stay in hyperspace, we're not too far from the Horsehead, nebula, you can drop us out once we're inside it, we should be safe there."
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

"Well, that sounds like a good supply. Do you want us to install more? We can have tham in an hour, which is about when we'll drop out of hyprespace in the nebula."
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

it will be at least a week before we drop out of hyperspace.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Tsakara wrote:it will be at least a week before we drop out of hyperspace.
Wait, I thougt you said we weren't to far . . . are you sayignt o just stay in hyperspace indefinitely?