Cold War In-Character Thread

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Cold War Admin Account
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Cold War In-Character Thread

Post by Cold War Admin Account »

Yes, we are starting. Please send a carbon copy of all PM diplomatic messages to this account. You might want to say something about your nation right know or stick to the shadows. Have fun!

Map:

PM Links:

Mods:

Derekiv
Comus
Cold War Admin Account

Players:

mtheminja
Trashman
Master Chief
ArcaneDude
Shadow Hydra
Joss
Mjolnir
Anarki
Bad Boy
anty
falco1029
Last edited by Cold War Admin Account on Tue May 06, 2008 5:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
Current Admins: Derekiv and Comus

[color=green]Does this account get a fancy title too???[/color]
falco1029
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by falco1029 »

(How exactly do turns work? Do we pm you in order after each person goes, or do we all pm you within an amount of time and then you work it out?)

(Race info)

The Falconian Empire was formed many years ago, when the smaller company "Falconian industries" was being taxed heavily, threatened, and raided constantly in the original Terran star system. Given the unreasonable environment to live in, the company began making shifts, retrofitting their ships with hyperdrives and canceling all current business deals to make ships for themselves. The employees and families that lived there for the most part were in agreement for the move, and all who wished to begin a trip across many light-years. Given the primitive nature of Hyperdrives at the time, it'd take years, and they were put into stasis
for the trip. They arrived at the star System of Ursa Majoris, knowing one of the larger planets had moons with habitable atmospheres (May or not be true, who knows) given its large size. Over time, they developed the civilization, across any habitable asteroids, planets, or moons within the system, fitting biospheres around those that were uninhabitable but solid, until they couldn't fit any more people. Luckily, hyperdrives had been upgraded a lot in this time, and they were ready to spread to other solar systems. The first step, they decided, would be to send messages to any lifesigns detected in nearby systems

While the original society was started by company Executive Zalbar Falcon, his grandson is currently in charge, his name being Velsard Falcon. He also is the Commander in Chief, as the Falconians live under a dictatorship rule. However, despite the usual connotation that gives, it is a prosperous, hardworking society who are generally content with their leadership.

Falconian ships are smaller than most seen in the galaxy given equivelant power (minus a couple of exceptions). They rely on several key types of ships to keep the units alive while the larger weapon loads work away at enemies. They are peaceful but respond very violently if threatened, and prefer allies to enemies.

(Current RP)

While a small fleet was currently available for exploring the surrounding areas, a large capital warship was also under construction, that he himself would be commanding. For the moment, he commanded a "Fly Swatter" Dreadnaught, names The S.S Diplomacy, a ship ideal for destroying swarms of enemies, and that was generally kept around the home system. Soon a task party would be sent to begin creating a new Space Space Station at each of two nearby systems (Edited to remove tactical info)

At the same time, messages were being sent to nearby detected lifesigns asking about trade relations and mutual defense, assuming they were human or could at least speak the common language of them. Velsard walked to the control room on the ship to find out how the progress was going.

"Do we have a connection? As soon as we do, notify me, as I wish to make the proposals myself. It's much more professional that way", he said, always having been one for a strict, responsible lifestyle, with enough relaxation and humor to keep himself sane, when appropriate.

"All set sir. Attempting connection now" one of the workers said, as the screen was turned on. Velsard stood up and began speaking
Last edited by falco1029 on Mon May 05, 2008 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
[CENTER][img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url][/CENTER]
Cold War Admin Account
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Cold War Admin Account »

Turns work where everyone submits what they want to do then we follow the actions. When it starts to get to active war, you can decide to keep ships movements that don't pass through an active system of the enemies to remain unseen(just PM us what you want to do but don't reveal.)

Example: Those ship movements to Groombridge and Ross; you just send me a PM and tell me to not make it public and the movement will not be announced. But if you enter a square that someone else already occupies or is currently moving into, they know your there too.

To fleets that collide that currently have non-publicized movements have no clue who the oppenents are. They can either hail, retreat, hold ground, deactivate, or attack. You do get a rough estimate of the opponent's fleet's size.
Current Admins: Derekiv and Comus

[color=green]Does this account get a fancy title too???[/color]
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Cold War Admin Account wrote:Oh, since it isn't public yet:

AidanAdv has dropped out.
Yeah, I decided to focus on finishing my fleets then finishing Galaxy in Flames. (Hopefully Th15 will get the new encounter maker out soon.)
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

The Vaynar Alliance is what's left of the long lost earth Colony ship "Horizon". The ship got lost centuries ago and by sheer luck managed to reach Altair. The survivors found ancient ruins of a advanced alien civilization and the colony flourished and grew quickly. As it grew is splintered into several smaller factions and eventually a war broke out. It was short and bloody but resulted in the faction uniting under the strongest one and forming the Vaynar Alliance.
The Vaynar Alliance have powerful, but expensive ships and while capable soldiers they aren't agressive.

For my turn I send my colonizer to the system above and I send 2 destroyers to the other two nearest systems (above that one and below Altair)
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Vilushan empire discription can be found in the original thread.

---turn begins here---

1 Pope class battleship and 3 bishop class destroyers are sent to L143-23, to claim the system for the Vilushan Empire.

(I have no space stations yet, so I'm keeping the system on hold)
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Wed May 07, 2008 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Shadow Hydra
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shadow Hydra »

I'm pointing my empire so that it's a mystery to the other people, until they actualy encounter me.

TURN
I send five of my destroyers to DM-3 1123.

I'll build a station there when I finish one.
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

I send 5 cheetah class fighters and 2 lion class destroyers to L 722 22

edit: Ignore this order
Last edited by Anty on Wed May 07, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
falco1029
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by falco1029 »

(one more question, how will battles be done? Evenly spaced ships with one battle done each on ally and enemy for each side, or will we be able to tell you formations for battles and the defender is enemy (since defense has advantage) or something else? Oh, and will the map ever be updated with known fleets, or is it up to us and you to keep track of where we are?)
[CENTER][img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url][/CENTER]
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

5 Battlestars as close as possible to the nearest system please.

As to my race, if you hadnt guessed yet, were the slightly edited 12 Colonies.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

History and Background of the Illumi Republic:
Founded on the principles of law, justice, democracy, and equality for all, the Republic has stood for its ideals in all its ways of dealing with external agents. It has withstood the test of time for at least 500 years, and has not had a single war since its formation due to the normally pacifist attitude of the Illumi. As of now, they are preparing for a cold war between them and other alien civilisations who populate their local neighbourhood, and are beginning to expand past the borders of their home system before colonising some more, after this half millennium of development within their own star system. Currently their own star system is packed to the brim, with approximately 50 billion Illumi living on Illumia (the homeworld), New Illumia (a terraformed planet), and other space habitats in orbit around planets and asteroids. Though the Tau Ceti star system includes the presence of an asteroid belt, the Illumi have carefully mapped it and every single significant hunk of rock in it, and have kept this system beautifully preserved through environmental campaigns on Illumia and cross-seeding of species to New Illumia and other space habitats.

The Illumi (singular: Illum) themselves are humanoid in nature (therefore similar with the Terrans of Sol), the only differences being their slightly taller height (averaging around 2 m), their exquisite appetite for music, arts, and fine cuisine (even more than Terrans, which are still renowned for their most amazing history of culture and philosophy), their skin colour (Illumi are roughly gray-coloured with a slight tinge of green), and finally their light but dense muscular structure, which allows Illumi to move extremely stealthily and quickly from one place to another. This accounts for their usual military and fleet tactics, which are usually of intelligence-gathering, covert sniping, and quality over quantity (in terms of military units and starships), making them one of the brightest tacticians and strategists ever since antiquity, and a ruthlessly efficient war force when times change.

The Illumi Republic has a central ruler: the Chancellor. It is him who makes and vetoes the most important decisions in the Illumi Senate, which is made up of many different representatives from all over the Tau Ceti star system. They now have come to a final decision: it is time for a huge change of sorts, a development of Illumi civilisation past the limits of their own star sytem, and the breaking of the final frontier which lies between them and their rule, at last, of several star systems all united under the banner of one: the Republic.
MC is damn tired now. He's been mugging his science for around 3 hours already and it's nearly 1 in the morning. The Illumi have been pestering him to submit those ships via PM on time, but he says that he's getting more exhausted by the moment.

Oh, the Illumi wish to reserve their slot in the Rho Eridani system by a colonisation convoy of 1 destroyer and 5 frigates, and they wish to extend a warm hand of friendship to all other civilisations who wish to alliance with them (especially their nearest neighbours in the Rana star system). We can exchange cordialities at a later date, of course, but firstly, stating your intention to form an alliance with them is extremely important.
Joss
Commander
Commander

Post by Joss »

The catfishysans are a highly evolved race of humanoid reptiles. Each one stands 7 feet tall, has a dorsal fin, is covered in spikes, is a grey/brown colour, has barbels and walks on two legs. They have three fingered hands and long arms.

Their world is medium sized and covered mainly in water. It is diverse in life ranging from tiny bugs to huge ancient relitives of the Catfishysans which are over a kilometer long and and are worshiped as gods.

In their world, size matters, the bigger you are, the more power you have. Weak genetic stock is purged at birth to avoid contaminatoin to the gene pool. If the creature born has somthing badly wrong like a missing arm the parents are purged as well as the baby. This way the race thinks it stays pure.

Recenly they have been so succesful that they have left peace and decided they want to rule the galaxy.

Ok my move, id like to send two Clown Plecos to gj1116 and two Clown Plecos to ltt 12352, this will take two turns to get there.

I would also like to send one Syndotis to lp73158.
Last edited by Joss on Wed May 07, 2008 3:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
The below is true...
The above is false....
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Capitalization. Spell check. Grammar check. Post. That's the right order, not the other way around! Seriously.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Especially with star designations. Maybe you just ordered your ships to charge for the galactice bulge...
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Joss
Commander
Commander

Post by Joss »

I see nothing wrong with those three destinations, unless you wanted gt1116 and ltt a2352.

Also,
mtheminja wrote:galactice bulge...
whats this?
The below is true...
The above is false....