The Long Night - Demon: The Fallen Campaign (OOC and Signup)

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

The Long Night - Demon: The Fallen Campaign (OOC and Signup)

Post by Anna »

What is Demon: The Fallen?

Welp, I'll quote from The Wikipedia article:
Demon: The Fallen is a role-playing game and a fictional setting from the World of Darkness line by White Wolf Game Studio. The player characters in the game are fallen angels, who were cast out of paradise after a thousand year war with God.

According to Demon: The Fallen, the War in Heaven began when an angel named Ahrimal foresaw a disaster in the future - a disaster which God had either directly orchestrated or would allow to happen. The angels debated whether or not to act against God in order to prevent this disaster; many argued that it would be safer to do nothing, because their action could potentially be the cause of the disaster. The angel Lucifer was the first to make a conclusive decision in favor of rebellion, and he became the leader of the rebel angels.

These "Fallen" revealed themselves to humanity in order to bring them "the light" of knowledge and awareness. In so doing they incurred the wrath of God, who had given humanity the potential to be aware of the Word, the good and evil, yet had not intended Man to have this kind of awareness yet. The humans (Adam and Eve) had been given gifts that they could not use due to their initial innocence ("A child is happy because he is unaware"), and the game's Adam and Eve are portrayed as having had only rudimentary knowledge and awareness, solely concerned with their survival. During the war that followed, the sin of Cain taught the Fallen how to kill and many grew twisted and evil. In the end, the Fallen lost the war, and were banished to the abyss of Hell as a punishment for their transgressions.
There is, of course, much more to the lore and backstory than that. Check out the Wikipedia page, as well as the White Wolf Wiki page if you're curious about the setting.

I'm planning to run a forum-based Roleplaying game of Demon! As such, I need players. Pretty much everyone is welcome. Just lemme know if you want to join. I know most of you won't have the Rulebooks, but that's okay, I can hook you up. Just come into #BSF on irc.rizon.net and we'll get them to you, if you're interested. Once you have the rulebooks, there are some things that will help:

Easy to Understand Guide to Character Creation.

Interactive editable Demon: The Fallen character sheets in .pdf format. - Download Foxit Reader if you don't already have a program that allows you to save the interactive fields in a .pdf file. I recommend using the standard 4-page Character Sheet.

Background Info:
This Campaign is set in the year 2013, in the US. That's all I've decided upon yet. Be sure to read the fluff in the first and second chapters of the Core Rulebook so you understand the history of Demon: The Fallen. Some of it may be important. :P All of it will be, actually. >.>

House Rules:
- You can use the points-buy system for making Custom Apocalyptic Forms, listed in Chapter 4 of the Demon Player's Guide.
- I am allowing Merits and Flaws, as listed in Chapter 3 of the Player's Guide. You can also use any of the ones listed on This Page

---------------------

Player Characters:

- Gabriel Lynch, Celestial Name: Adirael, House: Asharu (Scourge), Faction: Luciferan, Primary Lore: Awakening - Played by Atrum.
- Pia Earnest, Celestial Name: Svarog, House: Annunaki (Malefactor), Faction: Luciferan, Primary Lore: Forge - Played by STARSTRUCK.
- Danielle Blackwell, Celestial Name: Samekhel, House: Neberu (Fiend), Faction: Cryptic, Primary Lore: Patterns - Played by Latooni.
- Suzanna Partridge, Celestial Name: Nammu, House: Lammasu (Defiler), Faction: Faustian, Primary Lore: Transfiguration - Played by kittenpillar100.
- Nathaniel Brooke, Celestial Name: Dantanian, House: Namaru (Devil), Faction: Faustian, Primary Lore: Radiance - Played by vidboi.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anna

Re: The Long Night - Demon: The Fallen Campaign (OOC and Sig

Post by Anna »

Once you have a completed character, upload the character sheet .pdf to mediafire or something and pm it to me.

If you come into IRC seeking the rulebooks and I'm not around, I've been so kind as to include the link in the topic. If you have any questions, ask in IRC. If I'm not around, other people may be able to answer the questions for you. You're also free to ask questions in this thread, of course, and post character biographies, but don't publically post your character sheets please. :)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

A Note to any who are interested in joining: Even though the IC thread has already started, I am of course accepting new character submissions and the like. And I'd really love it if more people joined. :D
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

Two requests:

1) If you're planning to join, perhaps let me know in this thread? I know some people have expressed interest (vidboi, kittenpillar, AlphaDetisMegas, Lizzie). A fair few, have, actually, but only a few people have actually made character, and everyone else hasn't said for certain whether they will.

2) For those of you who have already created characters (Latooni, STARSTRUCK, Atrum), could you perhaps post short character bio in the thread, describing your host's physical appearance and the history of the Demon who's possessing them, especially if you have points in Eminence. If your demon is a well known dude, other players need to know why. Same goes for explaining any dots in Fame or Influence.
Quality Control Enforcer
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

I'm most of the way through planning a character, and I just need a couple of queries answered. Unfortunately my computer keeps deciding "lol no internet for you" whenever I try and go on chat :|
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

DATA VAMPIRE ATE THE PREVIOUS POST.

Point form version time. I'll leak more background if Adirael manages to get more Legacy.
Legion- Crimson Legion
Role in Creation- The concept of Cell Division- The basis of regeneration, growth and reproduction
Reason for Loyalty to Lucifer- Final restoration of Creation to its once-glorious state
Eminence 1- Known for fighting, harrying and stalling whole groups of Angels while waiting for reinforcements. A master of wind and once-capable of amazing feats of restoration- no matter the creature.
Legacy 0- The Abyss has not been kind. Adirael has been flung into this world with scarcely any knowledge of what he once was, and his once-powerful healing ability has been reduced to a ghost of its former self. His ability to control wind has all but disappeared. Whether this is a curse or a blessing is yet to be seen.

Description:
Gabriel Lynch is a hardened veteran, having served an entire tour of duty in Afghanistan. His youthful appearance, above-average height and generic features(dark blue eyes, brown hair) make him look like a University freshman who's been in one too many fights to the superficial observer- just another face in the crowd. Closer inspection reveals the hardened look in his eyes and a thin scar across his neck. Adirael's self-ministrations have removed most of the war scars, but the one on his neck- the reason that Adirael is on this Earth, remains as a reminder that he is mortal. A reminder that he can die and be flung back into the dark Abyss.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

I think I've finished!
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Sounds cool looking into it
Anna

Post by Anna »

kittenpillar, your character has been accepted. You may join the IC thread any time.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

I'll have another post up soon. In the meantime, let me point all my players to this:
Anna wrote:2) For those of you who have already created characters (Latooni, STARSTRUCK, Atrum, kittenpillar100, vidboi), could you perhaps post short character bio in the thread, describing your host's physical appearance and the history of the Demon who's possessing them, especially if you have points in Eminence. If your demon is a well known dude, other players need to know why. Same goes for explaining any dots in Fame or Influence.
Quality Control Enforcer
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Danielle Blackwell - First-born daughter of the owners of a major record label. Parents raised her to be well-adjusted to high society, yet also raised her as a strict Catholic. Was exceptionally altruistic, volunteering time for the church; most notably months working as a helper at a hospice for cancer patients, and a research assistant for various clergy members, including the archbishop of the greater metropolitan area. Went/goes to an all-girls Catholic high-school with her best friend, Serena Menthis. (Fame 1 for being known as a dedicated girl amongst the catholic clergy)

Had a younger sister, Sophia Blackwell. Was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia 2 years ago. Was highly allergic to chemotherapy treatments; didn't respond to other treatments. Died 5 months ago in the same hospice that Danielle used to work. Crisis of faith followed immediately after.

By descent, Danielle is half-English, half-Irish, and has muted red hair, along with green eyes. While she's no model, her politeness, demeanor, and smile are disarming and charismatic to the point of being dangerous, and she keeps her overall look and presentation so polished she almost sparkles. When not wearing her uniform, she wears something else almost as conservative (though still highly flattering on her underweight frame) -- the only exceptions are extremely formal appearances. Physically 18, but looks closer to 17.

----

Samekhel was one of the lesser members of the Fourth House, and was in charge of the tangent function before the Fall. During the war, Samekhel helped provide force disposition analysis and prediction, as well as attempting to teach human survivors key concepts in early mathematics and engineering. He's been pretty low-key these first few months since escaping the Abyss. Was in the Silver Legion.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Backstory! wrote:Pia Earnest was born into an extended three-generation household in rural CA. Socially impaired by an autism-spectrum disorder, she resented the limited personal space typical of family units like hers. Her worldview developed to be somewhat diverse: Though her parents were staunch Protestants, opinions on life differed greatly within her family. In particular, she often associated with a younger brother who practiced the Thelemaic principles of Aleister Crowley. Normally, however, she preferred to be solitary.

She exhibited a great interest in computers and their programming from an early age. The internet became the primary outlet for her thoughts; subsequently, she receded into such hermitism as to lock herself within her room for weeks on end. She attended school only intermittently out of a deep-set fear towards her increasingly delinquent schoolmates. Despite this, however, she performed well enough in her exams to net her entry to an engineering college in Los Angeles. Her grandparents funded her move to the city without much question.

Pia has a somewhat tired appearance, with ash brown hair and green eyes that display dark circles from sleepless, solitary nights. Her taste in clothing tends towards the functional. In the interests of dodging spoken contact, she attempts to blend in as much as possible with the college crowd, though her biting urge to carry anime goods sometimes distinguishes her under close scrutiny. For those outside of her very small collection of friends, her cluttered speech pattern belies her keen (if often ghetto) intellect.

Svarog was an esteemed figure among the Artificers before the fall. He was among the angels in charge of the fundamental electromagnetic force that holds all matter together. In the time of the War, Svarog became notable for forging numerous legendary weapons and tools. The quality of his craft earned him a position of importance within the Iron Legion. Many Fallen who proved themselves on the fields of battle are indebted to Svarog's arms.
Anna

Post by Anna »

vidboi, kittenpillar, I am waiting on IC post from both of you...
Quality Control Enforcer
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

sorry about that, exams and stuff ^^; i'll get to it straight away
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Anna

Post by Anna »

My next IC post is gonna be delayed on account of fucking skullsplitting headaches, but feel free to talk amongst yourselves, IC. Unless you're kittenpillar, I guess.

Also vidboi, kittenpillar, do what I asked players to do in this thread, darnit.
Quality Control Enforcer