Project Aurora [RP, OOC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Just post them up. I'll be taking a second run over of the "approved" folk and then picking out the last few. I might bend it to 8 if necessary, but no more.

I know I still need to "approve" people prior to the last check. Last few days have been hectic.

Also, stop thinking up useful rulesy IC stuff I don't think of. D:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Arcalane wrote:Just post them up. I'll be taking a second run over of the "approved" folk and then picking out the last few. I might bend it to 8 if necessary, but no more.

I know I still need to "approve" people prior to the last check. Last few days have been hectic.

Also, stop thinking up useful rulesy IC stuff I don't think of. D:[/b

Huh?
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

I should of pick my other charater for this thread, He would have be easier to fit into the rules (He's was a base operater, Little to No fighting involved, Side-lines type character). So if you want to drop the axe on Echo, Arcalane, Go ahead.

I Might make him anyway.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:Vector armed guy.
What's wrong with my character? :? She's a Lieutenant Colonel in the Military who's an Intelligence Operative. That fits the bill of what Arcalane said would be invited. She's genetically engineered. So? She still looks mostly human, she still thinks like a human, and she's physically weaker than a human. The only real advantage she has are her Vectors, which are considerably nerfed. I fail to see how she doesn't fit in at this thing.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

AI ATRUM: I count roughly twice as many girls as guys. You have lots of chances to snag one, Lance.

Lance: Aw, shut up.

AI ATRUM: Hehe.

>=( Moar guys or I will maek a gay charactar.

Kidding.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Anna wrote:
What's wrong with my character? :? She's a Lieutenant Colonel in the Military who's an Intelligence Operative. That fits the bill of what Arcalane said would be invited. She's genetically engineered. So? She still looks mostly human, she still thinks like a human, and she's physically weaker than a human. The only real advantage she has are her Vectors, which are considerably nerfed. I fail to see how she doesn't fit in at this thing.
I guess it's really cause I don't get what vectors are. In my mind, they're six balls flying around. Actually too lazy to go back and look at the description again seeing as I'm on mobile internet.

In my mind it just doesn't really mesh with this whole universe/Aurora project. No disrespect to you - you're actually one of my most respected people here on this forum.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Anna

Post by Anna »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:
Anna wrote:
I guess it's really cause I don't get what vectors are. In my mind, they're six balls flying around. Actually too lazy to go back and look at the description again seeing as I'm on mobile internet.

In my mind it just doesn't really mesh with this whole universe/Aurora project. No disrespect to you - you're actually one of my most respected people here on this forum.
Vectors are more like invisible limbs, than six balls. They're basically six long, invisible telekinetic arms. So it's like telekinesis, except with a very limited range. They're stronger, faster and more durable than human limbs, but using them for things like... tearing through steel, for example, tires my character out very quickly. Arcalane did say that psionics were allowed and did exist in this universe, so I thought it would fit in okay.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

Aren't vectors from Elfen Lied?
[i]...can we hold on...?[/i]
Anna

Post by Anna »

Cerebrus wrote:Aren't vectors from Elfen Lied?
I got the idea of using vectors from hearing about Elfen Lied, yes. I haven't actually seen the show, but they sounded cool.
Quality Control Enforcer
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Vectors can be used for combat too. They're hard to see due to fast vibration speed...

But if you catch one, you can smack that guy all over the place, anime style...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Atrum wrote:But if you catch one, you can smack that guy all over the place, anime style...
Normally, maybe. Anna' will be able to crank a disabled small airlock door open with less effort than human limbs (number advantage + leverage + unnaturalness) or disarm and/or choke several guards at once, but not, for example, pick said guards up and fling them around like ragdolls, or cause significant scenery damage. ;)

I need to head to bed now, but I'll look over the last few when I wake up. Feel free to post the other, Echo, but take in mind only one of them will get in if you decide to keep both listed.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Atrum wrote:>=( Moar guys or I will maek a gay charactar.
Maek?
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Maek= bad grammar for Make

I was talking about grabbing the VECTOR itself. If you can overcome the vibration you could actually snap it off or use it as a leverage to fling that guy all over the place.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Echo Could possibly catch one if he moves fast enough, using the theory that time slows to a halt if you move fast enough. But theres always that risk that he can injure himself in the process. :? (Degrade his body or less likly, drain his energy)
Anna

Post by Anna »

You'd have to be fast and have great vision to be able to grab a vector. In Elfen Lied, at least, vectors can be used to deflect bullets. Now, Blanche's aren't anywhere near that fast, or that powerful, but even if you do manage to grab one, somehow... she has six of them. Grab one, and the other five will wrap around your neck and squeeze until your head pops off or you choke to death..

And snapping off a vector would be as hard, if not harder, than snapping off a human's arm... so yeah, not likely to happen.
Quality Control Enforcer