The Spore Game -- Species B

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: The Spore Game -- Species B

Post by adelbert60 »

if you look at the evolutions we can choose from, it looks like medusa is using infrared vision, so best way to confuse it would be hiding near hot objects, so go and swim to an group of cells. (we could use them as shield if we have to) or we could try hit and run tactics on medusa just like that squidy is doing.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

hey, don't worry deltaflyer, everyone's input in equally valid, and the more people the better, so join in!

i'm not sure about the expelling mass idea, although it might work, i can't see it fooling this creature which obviously has very good perception. both that and hiding with other cells, which doesn't seem to have been very effective.

hit and run tactics on the other hand might do the trick. until now we've just fleed and used our ranged attacks on it, however we could surprise it if we turned around and charged suddenly at it's central body i think we'd have a good chance of doing some damage to it. just make sure we go all out and attack with everything we have
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

Deltaflyer wrote:I haven't been participating, but have been watching with quite some interest since this topic started. Just a quick suggestion.

Seeing as the creature apparently utilizes some form of thermal vision, would ejecting mass give it conflicting signals, since the mass ejected would concievably be for a short time quite warm, and distort its thermal vision enough to allow escape?

Ignore this if I am completely wrong, since I don't wish to intrude on the experience which others have so far created and maintained.
agreed
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Ya, definitely more people the better!
From our attacks earlier I'm not sure a charge would be worth it. First I'd say lets look for a group of dynamites to lead it through and see if it attacks any of them or provokes an explosion. That might damage it or at least distract it long enough for us to charge.

If our charge can't hit the main body, lets let it attack us. I'm willing to bet we are better armored and it will bring it in contact with our Nematocyst and spikes which we can then launch at close range.

I really wanna know wtf the lighthouse does though.
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

I agree with ejecting mass to confuse it. I also think we should take that opportunity to blast it with spikes.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You wait a few moments for the medusa to to approach the dynamites and your hiding place, then eject waste mass and zip out to the next cluster of vines and dynamites, firing off a couple spikes while you're at it.
It actually worked, and the medusa goes after your ejected mass, swinging at dynamites in it's way. Most of them move before it can hit, but it strikes one pretty hard with one of it's spiked tentacles...
This results in an explosion, taking out two spiked tentacles and an eye, but leaving it's central mass pretty much unharmed. But now it's just swimming in tight little looping circles, like a moth with no sense of direction. One of it's eyes is still pointed directly at you, but it's like it can't register the image yet.

you have 7 hp
you have 3 stomach
you have 25 DNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

that's awesome, now drive our advantage home, while it's still confused as to our whereabouts attack it's centre as powerfully as we can
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

atack we are at full hp he isn't :)
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

KILL! PURGE! EXTERMINATE!!!!
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Kill it! With vIoLeNcE! But just to be safe lets go bite off the remaining eyes so even if it recovers it can't see us. Then shishkabob that sucker!
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i think going for the eyes would give it too much time to recover, just go for the killing blow asap and nom on it internals :3
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You charge out from your hiding place, not even taking time to fire off another volley of spikes, and ram into the medusa's belly horn first, followed directly with a tearing bite.
It seems, despite it's extremely fast movement and hard attacks, it couldn't stand up to you very well at all. The medusa's membrane collapses, leaving behind it's vital fluids for you to eat. So, you eat it (15 DNA). Your sense of taste tells you that the fluids left from it's tentacles are better than it's main body, but you manage to eat the whole thing.

You have 7 hp
you have 6 stomach
you have 40 DNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i think it's evolution time~ first things first, explosive spines, totalling 20dna:
increase mass x 2 (8dna)
produce explosives (8dna)
shift organ (explosive containment to spikes) (4dna)

then, with the remaining 20dna i say we evolve infrared vision (12dna) ears (4dna) and a voice box (4dna) i think it's also time for us to split and produce an offspring cell. we should try and communicate with it with our new voice box
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

We've got plenty of health at the moment, so instead of increasing that I say:

Algae Net: 3 DNA
Photosynthesis: 6 DNA
Produce Explosives: 8 DNA
Shift Organ: 4 DNA

So far, consumption has been the most useful stat, allowing us to gain more DNA faster. These will add to it, and we'll get the DNA we spent on them back very quickly. It also allows us to get explosives spines, and for only one DNA more than boosting health.

Fur: 6 DNA
Static Fur: 4 DNA
Improved Electricity: 4 DNA

These evolutions are highly important, because not only does fur offer us much needed protection from the cold, but shocking anything that touches us, in combination with our explosive spines and nematocysts, will ensure nothing tries to eat us.

I do agree we should evolve a voice box (4 DNA) though. Communication is most useful. Infrared is also a good idea, but it can wait.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

even though we don't necessarily need more hp, increasing mass is still the cheapest option and may become useful. also, how do we plan to use our voices without ears? i say a good compromise would be 2x mass, explosives and organ shift, fur, static fur, voicebox and ears. does that sound good to you?