Project Aurora [RP, OOC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Raithah wrote:Wait, wait, hold the phone ! Does this mean that if a room is bathed entirely in, say, blue light he can't see anything ?! Sounds like a major pitfall :D. But hey, you're in a team with a bunch of colour visible people, so we could pick up the slack.
He had to fall short somewhere. A Hero without weakness would make him too godly/invincible. Besides, the way I view it was that anything that appears dark would appear dark red/black, and anything Light would be bright red/white.
Hawkwings
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Hawkwings »

Can someone give me a summary of any rules or proclamations or anything? I'd like to get involved in this.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Hawkwings wrote:Can someone give me a summary of any rules or proclamations or anything? I'd like to get involved in this.
First Post.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Full Name: Markus
Species/Race: Alien. (As in, the Alien from the ALIENS. I'll give an explanation after)
Very good Stealth.
Skilled hacker.
Skilled programmer.

That makes 9 =(
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

I'm wondering why no one has made an Intellegence/HQ Operater based charater yet. I mean who's gonna pilot the ship or Operate communications between members.
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Well for one, it's a drop pod (I think) so the only piloting needed is a) hold on tight and b) don't die. So that may not be a huge concern :D.

Besides, if we need to, a couple backstories say that a couple characters have enhanced learning.

Edit: Himura, why not just post a skeleton of your bio ? That way we get an idea of who your character is, whether or not to accept him/her, and you don't need to spend too much time on it.
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]
Hawkwings
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Hawkwings »

Wow, I didn't realize this was only a few days old.

Anyways, here's my entry. I'm an experienced RPer and I hope this will be good.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about biology OOC, so I'm going to wing it for any technical stuff. I just saw that this was an important role that needed to be filled.

Full Name: Allison Raevis
Species/Race: Human
Occupation: Military Biologist / Spec Forces Medic / Spec Forces Diplomat
~~
Height: 5'10"
Build: athletic
Colouration: Tan skin, brown hair and eyes
Traits: (personality) Allison is serious most of the time, preferring her work over socialization. Oftentimes though, her work includes socialization, and in those cases, Allison's personality is whatever it needs to be to accomplish the goal. Although realistic in her outlook on life, she tries to stay positive, knowing well the effects of confidence and self-persuasion.

~~
Abilities/Training:
Ph.D in Xenobiology
Ph.D in Diplomatic Psychology
Skilled in first aid and surgery on various species
Diplomacy and negotiation, both on the battlefield and in the council hall
Standard special forces training
Learns fast

Possessions:
Clothing
Laptop computer
Medical supplies (for both first aid and surgery)
Biology supplies (everything from basic tests to full dissection)
Spec-forces issue rifle

History: A genuine child prodigy, Allison was rather confused when growing up. Her parents encouraged her to seek out and pursue whatever she wanted to do with her considerable learning abilities, but there were just too many choices. With seemingly everyone around her telling her different things, Allison resolved to "understand people" which became the focus of her studies.

After originally going to university for an education in psychology, Allison discovered that her interest in "how people worked" had a large base in biology as well. Instead of switching tracks, she took on both at once, double majoring, and eventually getting advanced degrees in both.

After school, she could have settles into a quiet life in any number of professions, but she felt like she had been too sheltered in academia, and joined the military for the challenge and adventure of it. The military quickly took note of her talents, and put her through an accelerated program that would put her skills to use as quickly as was safe.

After several years in the spec-forces science group, Allison was recognized for both her devotion to duty, effectiveness in the field, and her original research in the growing field of xenopsychology.

Strengths: Learns fast, calm under pressure, is a genius
Weaknesses: Physically, a baseline human (compared to everyone else, that's a *major* weakness!)

I hope I haven't gone too overboard on the brainy stuff. I figured I'd go over the reasonable human threshold because we have cyborg hybrids and shapeshifting aliens and space zombie pirate ninja cyborg catgirl Lenin Jesus, it would be forgivable.
Last edited by Hawkwings on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I actually have 2 characters =P

One is a Pilot/Mechanic/Comm Expert.
The other is from a race who has a high dislike of machines and tries to avoid them (all possessions are biologically based).

And it's not whether or not you would accept them. It's whether or not I want to play.

Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:The other is from a race who has a high dislike of machines and tries to avoid them (all possessions are biologically based).
Isn't that the Yuzan Vong?
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Da_Higg wrote:
Himura.Kenshin wrote:The other is from a race who has a high dislike of machines and tries to avoid them (all possessions are biologically based).
Isn't that the Yuzan Vong?
Hahahah yes, it is somewhat like the Yuuzhan Vong. Albeit no xenophobia, and is willing to use mechanical devices. However, the character prefers to use biological devices.

Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Full Name: Lysa Dunter
Species/Race: Human, Link
Occupation: Rouge/Military - Wraith Squadron Member, ex Commando
Team Role: Pilot, Survivalist, Comm Expert

~~

Height: 5’8”, 1.73m
Build: Lysa has a slim athletic build, on par with the male members of her squadron. She is naturally curvy, which she normally downplays. She is used to the G-force environments of a starfighter and takes the pressure in stride. She usually dials down her inertial compensator to 97-98% (much more strenuous than the safety-requirement of 100%), so she can withstand higher pressures than the average human before passing out.
Colouration: Lysa is Caucasian, slightly tanned due to her free time outdoors. She has normally blue-purple eyes which shift everyday. Her natural hair color comes in various shades of dark red, but she always has highlights to match her eyes (therefore, normally purple)
Clothes: Lysa is usually found in close fitting, comfortable clothes that downplay her natural curves. Her outfit of choice is a black flight suit, accented with various shades of green. Not specifically meant to be, but it is camouflaged in natural surroundings. Much of what she carries is held in various arm and leg compartments on her flight suit. With other clothes, she carries a utility belt for her possessions.
Traits: Her eyes are deep with the experience of a starfighter war veteran. She tries to live life to its fullest, and under normal circumstances she is carefree and happy. Slightly cocky, she is always the one cracking the jokes and generally messing around playfully (not obnoxiously, note). However, when the situation turns serious, she is the first one to get down to business. She believes most situations can be solved in a battle of skills, a trait she gained from the open space dog fighting of war.

History:

Lysa Dunter was born of a father who was known for his quick-thinking tactical and strategic skills. He was captain of more than one capitol ship in his lifetime, which he prefers the outright power and large-scale fighting to the maneuverability and small-scale environment of snubfighters. He always wanted Lysa to follow in his footsteps and become the first woman captain of a flagship for a New Republic battle group. However, she instead preferred the free-spirit feel of starfighters. Specializing in the extremely fast Theta-7 Interceptors, Lysa is a natural in any piloting situation. Just place her in front of the controls, and she can figure them out in minutes - and then go on to beat the actual pilot at his own game. Alongside her snubfighter training, Her early career consisted as a ground based commando, through which she became skilled in communications, survival, tracking, and other planetside skills.

Since her rise to fame as one of the best human starfighter pilots in history, she has joined the haphazard Wraith Squadron, which is known for its questionably backgrounded members. However, the Squadron is unsurpassed in terms of success, taking on missions thought impossible, and doing the “dirty” work that lay under the pomp-and-circumstance uniform clad military squadrons. She is now second-in-command of the squadron under famed Squadron leader Corran Horn. She works as the communications expert of the group, alongside the second best mechanic they have. A great tactical and strategic mind taken from her father, Lysa has come to this meeting along with the rest of her squadron upon request by the New Republic military.

She came to Project Aurora with the knowledge that combat will not play a huge role in anything at all. Reading over the list of previous applicants, she realized that the team was devoid both a pilot, natural survivalist, and communications expert. She will be the only one joining from her squadron, on special leave in this brief peace universal that is ever so elusive.

~~

Abilities/Training (note, none are combat specific :wink: ):

Expert pilot, quick learning towards controls.
Extremely good mechanic, quick learning towards mechanical makeup.
Advanced training in communications and skilled in hacking.
Resourceful strategic and tactical thinker (more combat orientated, but also useful in other situations).
Highly trained in natural survival (tracking, trap setting, spying, etc.)

Possessions:

Personal custom-made data pad. Data cards with information about various exotic environments and races.
Personal holdout blaster.
Miniature comlink headsets (12) - Note, originally made for humanoid heads.
Various mechanic’s tools (hydrospanners, fusion cutter, servodriver, plasma torch, etc.)
Standard field equipment:
5 Day Rations (Nutrition > Taste)
Rebreather
Electrobinocular
Flares
Miniature FirstAid Kit
Liquidmetal Rope
Substance Analyzer
Last edited by Himura.Kenshin on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hawkwings
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Hawkwings »

Umm... I don't think that your Star Wars tech base for your character is going to mesh very well with this near-future tech campaign. Because, if we could bring in characters from other massively different universes, I'd be an Imperial Inquisitor or a Space Marine Scout.

Just for clarification, what are the limits of our setting's tech base?

Two things I've noticed after going over the thread closely:

1. There's twice as many girls as guys.

2. Why would Aurora pick such a motley assortment of different people, especially some that are very "rogue", experimental, etc?
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Edited accordingly. Near future tech now.

I made a girl because I thought that the bulk were guys D=. Didn't actually look it up. Too late to change now, plus I don't really want to =P.

My character meshes fine. It's the others... Alien, Vector armed guy.

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Hawkwings wrote:Just for clarification, what are the limits of our setting's tech base?
The general tech level is near future. Lasers, plasmas, etc. etc. - there is no nanotechnology, however. Robotics and artificial intelligences are in full swing...
First post, under the character sheet.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

So I was right in the first place :? .

Aracalane, any thoughts on my character? I'm still deciding whether or not I want to join (plus, you said you didn't want to take more than 6 entrants).