A yet unnamed Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Alreadyunder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

A yet unnamed Fleet

Post by Alreadyunder »

Made with mostly human pieces, i came up with an idea while messing about and ran with it. Have a look and see what you think.
None of the weapons are modded bar clip increases to some blaster weapons, and range increases for railguns.
The theme was low tech human, with blasters, railguns and the odd plasma charge being the only main weaponry available, and EMP (Frosch guns) as the only main module. Ablative armour features on all but the Virtue class, as i have an irrational hatred for deflectors, and they didnt fit the theme. They are balanced against a few of my other ships, but can be taken down by masses of stocks, eventually. The Virtue is about on par with a peitho, the envy can just take on a cronus and the rest are past stocks. I havent even bothered with putting them against the cold war fleets because these aren't wankships, theyre funships :)

Pics!

Virtue Class Frigate

Envy Class Destroyer

Wrath Class Light Cruiser

Ire Class Bombardment Cruiser (This one actually is modded quite heavily, the two blaster cannons on each side are actually 6 blaster cannons overlapping, with a 3 round clip, 200 dmg, 3000 range, 1 deviation and a 25 sec. reload.)

Contempt Class Heavy Cruiser

Fury Class Battlecruiser

Spite Class Battleship

Oh, and lets keep the phallic jokes to a minimum please :)
Choines
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Choines »

I didn't even see the phallic resemblance until you pointed it out. Good going, Alreadyunder.

Your ships look sort of bland. They need a little more flourish.
Ayup.
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

Your ships look very Terran in design, and all follow a logical theme. Great work!
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

The Boz wrote:Your ships look very Terran in design, and all follow a logical theme. Great work!
Seconded. Like the Virtue and Envy. Others, as Choines already said, could use some more variance.

Oh and phallic = mean and aggresive, so thats even better :)
_Ti__
Commander
Commander

Post by _Ti__ »

good design and a very nice work with the armor!

I would just put a little more work with the engines and colors
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2315][b]ENEBRA COLONIAL NAVY[/b][/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/_Ti__/ECNsig.jpg[/img]
Alreadyunder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Alreadyunder »

Im working on a nicer colour scheme now, the grey was just a generic placeholder. :)

Thanks for the comments, ill see what i can do about exciting them up a bit!
sparks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: A yet unnamed Fleet

Post by sparks »

Alreadyunder wrote: Oh, and lets keep the phallic jokes to a minimum please :)
Must...resist...temptation...to..make...joke...ship
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.
Alreadyunder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Alreadyunder »

Something i was messing about with, possibly the start of some opposition?

COLOUR!
_Ti__
Commander
Commander

Post by _Ti__ »

Awesome! can't wait to test them :D
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2315][b]ENEBRA COLONIAL NAVY[/b][/url]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Very clean. +5 Points

Very slick. +5 Points

Very balanced. +5 Points

No downloads. -15 Points.
Giles
Commander
Commander

Re: A yet unnamed Fleet

Post by Giles »

sparks wrote:
Alreadyunder wrote: Oh, and lets keep the phallic jokes to a minimum please :)
Must...resist...temptation...to..make...joke...ship
Too late, I've seen several.

Nice ships, there's just a depth issue with the front of the first one.
Alreadyunder
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Alreadyunder »

Ah, Cheers for the headsup on the depth issue, their my pet hate so if you spot anymore be sure to let me know! :) (Fixed the one with the Envy's fins)

Ill get a download link up for you guys soon! (Can anyone give me a hand creating a folder to put em all in? Complete n00b here!)

Also, for some reason my Sb2 files refuse to change to the colourscheme i want, theyre still green. The only way i got those screenshots was by setting player 1 to have those colours in the actual game. Anyone know how to change the colour in shipmaker to nonstandard colours?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

You can't, whenever you start a new ship, it takes on current colour schemes from BF.
_Ti__
Commander
Commander

Post by _Ti__ »

Alreadyunder wrote:Ill get a download link up for you guys soon! (Can anyone give me a hand creating a folder to put em all in? Complete n00b here!)

Also, for some reason my Sb2 files refuse to change to the colourscheme i want, theyre still green. The only way i got those screenshots was by setting player 1 to have those colours in the actual game. Anyone know how to change the colour in shipmaker to nonstandard colours?
Hmm, if you have winrar instaled, just select the files(they probably are in the C:\Program Files\Battleships Forever folder), them right click -> winrar -> add do archive, so it will create the file.
As for the colors, I don't think thares a way to correct, but in SM 3 it will be fixed.
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

on the Contempt are some overlapping issues over the simmetry axis. I would either reposition the pieces, shrink them or put other pieces on top of them.

Very nice work with the ships. they perfectly fit in the theme and look like they will fulfil their job with ease.
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?