Which Custom Ships/Fleets do you use the most?

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Which Custom Ships/Fleets do you use the most?

Post by TheBlueEcho »

I'm New to this game and since i got it I liked it a lot. So after I played career for a while, I went to the sandbox, only to find that the sandbox is quite lonely without some custom ships. So I came here to find some, and found a truckload. I mean I could download them all(because of there small file size), but thats a lot of time spent downloading. So I thought I would ask the community which ones they use the most, or like to fight often.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

The best fleets, in my opinion, are by these people, in alphabetical order:

Aralonia (lole)
Arcalane
Lizzie
Anna

Everything else I haven't tried yet or is crap in my opinion. (And I have strong opinions. And there's much I haven't tried.)

Also, for single ships, Novercalis' Star Destroyer is AMAZING.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Alrighty. if anyone else wants to share it will be greatly appreciated.
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

Those which include ships that don't take 30+ minutes to destroy.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Aralonia wrote:Aralonia (lole)
Arcalane
Lizzie
Anna
Seconded all of these. Although I don't much like Lizzie's ships personally, there's nothing wrong with them. They're very well designed. Also High Comedy's ships and Mjolnir's ships are fairly well made, and well worth having a look at.

Also: All my ships (except for my most recent one) can be downloaded from one handy zip folder.

Edit: Also, I must be fucking blind, 'cause I can't find any links to your ships, Aralonia. Where would I look for those?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Ulric Jorgensson
Commander
Commander

Post by Ulric Jorgensson »

Lizzie and her War Clockwork ships are just sick. Their great to fight against, they really make you think about how your designing ships.

I havn't played against any of the other people's ships, so I can't give an opinion.
I knew it! Ageis DOES taste like Vanilla!

[img]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/X295Alpha/2.gif[/img]
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Umm. >_> <_<

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _Ships.zip

Will post in RSA thread in OffTopic
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

I think Seraph's ships are most definately the most aethsetically pleasing. They are all works of art. But I can never test them on any ships I am building, beacuse they are all so powerful (the Antelope got killed by the Comet one time, I ramped up missile damage considerably and it never happened again...)

I only just DL'd Aralonia's.
I prefer Lizzie's older designs, like the WCW3 and 4, but the new ones are just as functional.
Other than that I just browse the database and grab ships which sound cool and have quite a big file size. Ones I've found that I like are the 'Aganemnon, Manticore, Prometheus, Hierarch (very underpowered) and Metatron'.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

My own ships, naturally. >.>

And Natch's. I prefer smaller ships that are balanced to the canon ones.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=323 - Mine

http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0 - Natch
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

The Viscount is a great whupping dummy.

Lizzies, Exethalion, Aralonia, Tormak, actually, screw that, most of ya'll do great ships.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Thanks much Atrum! I never cared much for aesthetics, just good old Terran functionality, with no emphasis on a uber-weapon, but lots of conventional ones. The only ship I've done which I think looks vaguely artistic is the Quaestor.
Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

My favorite big ship is http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=658
Gladiator.
It is very strong, but unlike others, it slowly breaks down and isn't unbalanced.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Atrum wrote:The Viscount is a great whupping dummy.
:P

I have, recently, been trying to tone the Vis' weapon systems down. I've started shifting it back to normal beamers (due to the lower beam duration and smaller beam) and lopped off a couple of the heavier weapons too. I've also started removing impeders from a lot of my ships.

Appearances speak louder than words... let's welcome the Viscount Mk3!

I should polish up the back of it a bit.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Monkey
Commander
Commander

Post by Monkey »

ease up on the deflectors
I'm an idiot who tried to embed flash in his signature, nevermind the fact that wouldn't work even if the code tags were removed.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Shush. I'm working on that. The Mk3 has 91 parts, so 20 deflecs isn't enough to properly protect it from multiple direction assaults.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ