A result of boredom:

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Orelius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

A result of boredom:

Post by Orelius »

This is my first post on these forums, so yeah. I've been looking around here for a while, and picked up some of the sprite packs. I messed around with it for an hour or two and I got these:

#1:

#2:

#3:

Now that you've looked at these, you're probably thinking that these three pictures are just variations of the first ship. If you are, you're right. I was just experimenting to see which one would be the most visually appealing. I used only shades of grey, because, frankly, I'm not sure what other colors work well enough together.

Comments/Criticism are appreciated. I'm in want of improving my ships in BSF.
Spoiler!
Atomic Avocado wrote:Think about section spam like this.
Congrats! Youve been promoted to head designer for a car company! Now for your first design are you going to cover the car in tires? In axles? In bumpers? NO! Your going design something that uses the right parts for the right places.
Orelius's Hopefully Decent Ships!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: A result of boredom:

Post by Doogie12 »

Welcome to the Forums. Now to your ships. While indeed they aren't like these awe-inspiring works of art, they aren't really bad at all. You've avoided many newbie mistakes and have even made the jump to greyscale on your own. A little inconsistency I see is the depth shading seems a bit too...off. In some places the grey is actually above the white and that just doesn't look right. The lighter shades should always be above the darker ones, as they indicate the top of the ship. And last is my encouragement to mix up different section types to create a more appealing ship. (I do not mean use retro and sw sections together, thats just stupid)

With that, lurk just a little more, then build something that will be truly dazzling.
naysayers will be shot