The Jony Collection

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Koeseki
Ensign
Ensign

The Jony Collection

Post by Koeseki »

This is where I'm going to dump my more aesthetically appealing ship.

Please let me know your favorite and which ones are crap. You won't hurt my feelings

The weapons in this ship are the same color as the hull, see if you can find them

Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Re: The Jony Collection

Post by Silver Swordsman »

The first one is aesthetically decent, by my insanely low standards for aesthetics, although the rear fins stick out a bit and you should be hiding your weapons. The second one is what we would ordinarily define as "eyeburn".

Not aesthetic in any way or form, the second one is.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Hold it right there.

On the first ship, the shape and intention may actually look decent for a newcomer, but I'm spotting some pretty sloppy sectionwork in there. Problem is, I can't really see it, since the picture is way too gritty. Save your screenshots in .png and we'll all get along nicely. By the way, F9 does that automatically. [EDIT: should've mentioned this is in the SM. Derr.]

On the second ship, I feel like downloading it and slapping a big red 'NO' sign on it. The sectionwork is *bad* and the mass of thin sections on the back only makes it worse. The shape is okay, but don't let yourself be tempted to take the easy way out.

My advice is, pay more attention to the internals, avoid repetition, and save your screenshots in .png. This will make them more crisp.
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

ArcaneDude wrote:Save your screenshots in .png and we'll all get along nicely. By the way, F9 does that automatically.
No, it doesn't. Those screenshots were taken in BSF, not in Shipmaker, and pressing F9 in BSF saves the screenshot as a .bmp file, unlike Shipmaker which saves it as a much friendlier .png

Personally, I'd say the entire front half of that first ship should go. It would be much better then, I think.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Koeseki
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Koeseki »

thanks for the feedback