Nerimaar

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nerimaar

Post by Zardian »

so, ive decided to continue trying to make something decent and scrapped my first style because the mech sections alone were far too..
well, the ships middles tended to get all cluttered and whatnot, now im building a more alienish style ships.

general stuff:
- unlike my first fleet, the Nerimaar have shielding technology (which is rly just strong glowy sections because i dislike the deflectors)
- these guys allso prefer energy weapons and stuff.

A'Rahi - Scout Frigate
- single Scorch B-5 Pulsebeam
- some light shielding protecting the engines.
- extremely fast and manouverable, meh its a scout.
- very weak armoring.

Reya - Destroyer
- Scorch B-8 PulseBeam (fixed direction)
- 2 energy torpedo launchers
- light shielding on sides and back
- some armoring
Last edited by Zardian on Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Re: Nerimaar

Post by Imaillusion »

The shading of both ships seem a little off, like with the second ship, which has that band of dark sections running in between the front and mid areas

And can I ask why the shields are postitioned at the back of the ship? They're not very useful like that, unless your ships are constantly running from other ships :?
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Imaillusion wrote: And can I ask why the shields are postitioned at the back of the ship? They're not very useful like that, unless your ships are constantly running from other ships :?
Can you please read what he stated in his post, and I quote.
- some light shielding protecting the engines. And then on the second again. light shielding on sides and back
And wouldn't it be comon sense to protect somethiing as important as the engines, since these propell the ship, sides could be weakspots, or contain weaponry.

I like the way you used the TSA sections, the designs are really simple, but you've done a great job combining different section styles.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Zardian
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zardian »

the shields are on the back for 2 reason.
1. ive actually bothered making the engines necessary for the ship to move, blow em up and it won't, so they need protection.
2. it looks cool

on the second ship the shields on the sides DO protect both weaponry and weak spots,
if you look closely theres the horsemonsters launchers aka the energy torpedos behind the shields,
allso protects the wings a little.